Gerard Butler GALS

7/24 - Gerard Butler Cleanses, Works Out In Secret To Get Back In Shape

becozy

from: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/24/g...o_n_244370.html

plus video snippet from his appearance on Live! Regis & Kelly

Gerard Butler Cleanses, Works Out In Secret To Get Back In Shape

Huffington Post | Katy Hall

First Posted: 07-24-09 01:51 PM | Updated: 07-24-09 01:58 PM

This one doesn't make me happy at all. Just gossip and rumor and bullsh*t. If it is true, then I hope he changes his gym membership. So much for his anonymity.

I can totally believe someone ratted him out -they saw dollar signs and with the TUT hype they hoped to score big.

It's discusting really.

It's okay Gerry, not one lady here would care if your six pack is or isn't in place! We love you for more than something as superficial as that!

~Bella

I can totally believe someone ratted him out -they saw dollar signs and with the TUT hype they hoped to score big.

It's discusting really.

It's okay Gerry, not one lady here would care if your six pack is or isn't in place! We love you for more than something as superficial as that!

~Bella

Amen! Personally, I think he looks better now than he did when doing 300.

Oh me too!!

He's got the body of an average male his age -slightly better as he doesn't have a big pot belly! He's fit, certainly not over weight in any shape or form of the word.

That makes him more appealing to the average woman -like me. He's not so bulked and thin as to be intimidating.

He is simply put Gerry, and that should make him happy! :wuv:

~Bells

I think Gerry looks better than he did in 300. I don't like the insane diet & exercise that go along with having six-pack abs. He looks much healthier & nicer now. I really didn't need to know about cleansing but whatever works. In People, Gerry said that he pigs out late at night & couldn't find the bread. His trainer told his assistant to get rid of the bread! Too funny!

Gerry is going to pass through that "mid life" thing just like all men do and if he hears stuff about being overweight or out of shape and he'll definately be more sensitive to it. Nothing wrong with him wanting to stay fit. Hollywood puts a lot of pressure on both women and men these days to be buff and trim.

Personally, I hope for the day when you will see more "normal" looking people in the movies. I'm not sure what normal would be really but for the rest of us, it makes us feel abnormal looking at all them for sure. But on the upside, I think it's high time the guys were set to higher standards of appearance with guys like Gerry and Hugh Jackman just like women always have been. Gerry definately sets that bar for men and I just love it! I think he looks fooking fantastic and does not need to look like King Leo all the time! Lucky for Gerry he is tall and has great pecs.

We could all be in better shape/health. You can't aspire to look like Christy Brinkley when you never looked like her to start with but you can definately be your best self at any age.

I think the reason Gerry may have been sneaking his work outs was so he wouldn't get bothered in a regular gym. If it's a special membership only kind of thing, I don't think he has anything to worry about in that regard, snitch or no.

D

Really not worth commenting on , is it? Geez.. I've seen a lot of men in my day and i can tell you that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the way Gerry looks. Who the heck cares about his abs! I'm sure that's the last thing I'd be checking out!

He looks great. He's a sweet, funny, charismatic man. What more could anyone want..

It's all just for a story - the same as his relationships and anything else the reporters ( using that term lightly ) use to sell their stories.

I don't comment a lot on these issues but Man! I'd hate it if I was scrutinized under a microscope for every little thing. I'm sure after a while you'd just have to laugh at it all or ignore it but still.. Just such an annoyance.!

If 300 was my only exposure to Gerry I would have never fallen for him. I would of walked away from the movie theater thinking, good actor with nary a flutter in my heart. It was only when I saw Gerry in PSILY and Shattered as well that I thought, Wow! That’s really what he looks like? Well okay, I’m hopping aboard this train! I’ve never been a fan of muscle bound bodies at all or six pack abs.

That being said over the past few months we’ve read countless items about him going to the gym and working out from Philly to Hollywood to New Jersey so it’s not exactly a secret that he works out. He’s been pretty trimmed down for most of this year and there have been no mentions of his gut by anyone who saw him in these gyms. Expect by Gerry himself of course when he wants to joke about how he’s nothing like King Leo.

I fell in love with Gerry when he was wearing a black cape and half of his face was covered! Actually, my heart skipped that beat when he stood in the water with scraggly hair and distorted face! Of course, the open white shirt to the waist figured in to my flutterings I'm sure!

D

It disgusts me that anybody would "rat" him or anyone else out when it comes to going to the gym. What do they expect to get out of it? Does it make them feel better now? *rolls eyes*

As far as his gut or lack there of...oh well.As long as he's healthy and happy,that's his business. What anybody else thinks really doesn't matter.

About the cleanse...it's good for a person to do that from time to time as long as they do it in a healthy way,but you'll have to stay near a bathroom :)

How shameful an article. As if having Gerard with or without abs makes a damn difference. Beauty is skin deep, and Gerard, like the rest of us, will one day grow old and gray. And so what if he doesn't have the body of Leonidas anymore; did anyone really think that's who he was/is? It was a movie for shyte sake. Get off him already. So he may have a love handle or two, or three, so what? Don't we all have lumps and bumps? If he is truly the man he appears to be, warm, funny, compassionate, then so be it, and the only reasons why anyone should love/care/admire him, not because he has or had 6 pack abs. At the end of the day, it will only be the inside that matters and truly counts, who cares if he's fat and bald I say.

Leave the man alone already. Enough trash, bs, lies, rumours....all those publications and trash tv shows like ET, Extra, etc, are just that...TRASH TV! Don't watch em' don't approve of them either. They aren't any better than the paps. They're just paid more to be on tv doing the same damn thing. It's just SO exhausting, I can't imagine how he, and other calliber celebs who still have their feet firmly planted on the groud, feel about crap like this on a daily basis. It would make me want to run away to a deserted island, and forget about my celebrity life. Not enough money in the world, for me to want to trade places with poor Gerard.

You know, I don't post here that often, but this article pizzed me off.

Edited by Jennifer10

If Gerry was trying to hide anything he sure as Hell wouldn't go on national TV and tell the world he cleansing???!!!! I don't think he gives a Shite one way or the other if anyone knows that he doesn't have the Leo body ,,,,he's said it himself in sooo many interviews so in my opinion ...whom ever paid the rat from the gym for that info paid for nothing!!! It's old news A-hole!! :unsure:

Now before I sign off...I have to say. that looking at Erik Winters body in Tut and then comparing the size of Gerbears shoulders and other things :cunning: to EW I much prefer GB's so called "gut" and every thing else that goes with it!! :cunning:

Okay, I'm done.... :wave: Frannie

Gerry looked much better in the jello scene than Eric looked in any

of his scenes, even the nude from the back. Gerry has that

"perfect male body" thing going on all the time. And Eric is 30. Gerry

has nine years on him and still looks better. What more could

anyone want. He is PAIRFECT.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

By the way, I saw TUT six times today. If my theatre is any indication,

TUT may turn out to be another 300, box office wise.

There were no empty seats at the 7:10 and the 9:40 showings.

The place rocked with laughter and sympathy at Gerry's performance.

OF COURSE, I expected no less. I never do and I am never

disappointed. Can't wait to see it again tomorrow. Really can't wait

for the DVD so I can watch certain parts over and over, hehehehe.

I do love this man.

In my opinion Gerard looked his absolute best as Terry Sheridan and as Stranger in Dear Frankie and that is the shape I hope that he will be again. It is not too unrealistic from what he is looking today. He just looked fantastic in the recent Regis & Kelly show in his suit and that great looking shirt... And the dancing, aaah.

By the way, I saw TUT six times today. If my theatre is any indication,

TUT may turn out to be another 300, box office wise.

There were no empty seats at the 7:10 and the 9:40 showings.

The place rocked with laughter and sympathy at Gerry's performance.

OF COURSE, I expected no less. I never do and I am never

disappointed. Can't wait to see it again tomorrow. Really can't wait

for the DVD so I can watch certain parts over and over, hehehehe.

I do love this man.

I´m very happy to hear that there were no empty seats and plenty of laughter! Unfortunately I have to wait about a couple months for the movie to arrive in Finland...

Edited by Skatingfan03

It is unrealistic to think that Gerry should be the same size now as he was in his early 30's. Bodies change, and it has nothing to do with working out or diet...it's called aging. My man weighs about the same now as he did when we first met...but his waist, hips and chest are wider. His overall shape has changed.

I believe Gerry looks different in TUT because he had quit smoking shortly before that movie was filmed. Seems like it took a couple years for his face to lean down again, but even with a little extra roundness in his cheeks, if you follow the tweets on twitter, posted by just every day film goers and NOT Gerry fans, most of the ladies are bowled over by Gerry's gorgeousness in that movie. I haven't read a single comment about him needing to lose weight or looking "puffy".

For his sake, I do hope he finds a healthy balance between exercise and a good diet.

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

I think Gerry is perfect just the way he is and if he's working out to stay in shape well then good for him. I don't get

why the media is making such a big deal out of it?!...

What's beautiful about Gerry is what he is inside where it counts. Personally I still cry every time I watch Phantom and never did care for all this six pack ab stuff. He has a perfect body right now, nice butt (sorry ladies), great legs, a gorgeous face, and eyes where I keep losing my soul. Gerry if it ain't broke, don't fix it. You're just right the way you are.

The only way Gerry is ever going to obtain the face he had in 2003-2004 is to attempt plastic surgery to tighten the loose skin around his jaw line. And he still wouldn’t look like his 2004 self. In fact it could compromise his facial expressions.

The camera puts on 15 extra pounds. I believe Gerry is very near his 2003-04 weight now. And he’s not smoking, with is even more important. He looked gorgeous in TUT last night, very rugged and seasoned, which perfectly suited Mike Chadway. And those eyes! Because of the way one scene was lit, they looked golden! Oh Mama Mia!

Gerry is very fit and very lean right now. His face and body are beautiful and PERFECT just the way it is right now, and they will be perfect just the way they will be a year from now. In other words, Gerry is perfect exactly how he is at whatever stage he is at in his life.

I am glad that Gerry has his many fan clubs , and they seem to be growing and grownig. He is definately building a larger and larger FAN base. So when junk like this hits the media , I hope he reflects back to his fan base and ignores the crap on the tabloids . Whether the media credit him as one of the top Male hunks or not is not important, the proof is in his fan base. Now having said that , I wanted to point out that a spy in the GYM is so absurd and it is rediculous to think that the FANS give a darn about whether or not he has put on weight or has softened. He himself says he likes hamburgers , fries and cokes. And we often hear about him being at one restauant opening or another. He is a large man and he is almost 40 . So yes he will get extra weight , but he is always taking the time to trim back down after doing a movie. He himself said he does Not Have a Life. Heck doing 3 movies a year how could he have a life. He works so hard while doing a movie , you can see how tired he is when they wrap it up. I was so shocked at how swolen his face was after he wrapped on LAC . I was actually afraid he had started drinking again . He looked better after he returned from India . I have been married to one man for 35 years and he has been my best friend and my life . His birthday is Nov. 14th. And he is so much like Gerry that it is rediculous . He looks like him in many ways same eyes , same hairy chest and now at 67 he has a bigger belly . He was built like Gerry is now, when he was younger , but age does take it's tole. My point is we in Gals do not care if he has put on a little weight or that he is trying to take some off. We don't care if he has a ripped 6 pack or if it has loosened up, Gerry owes us no explanation , Arnold Swartzeneger does not have a great body either. But we love Gerry as a person. His humor , his insanity him being himself . That is my opinion and I get one . Merlin