Gerard Butler GALS

7/24 - Gerard Butler breaks the mold

becozy

Thanks for the link Scorpio613!

http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/ci_12901408

Gerard Butler breaks the mold

By Bob Strauss, Staff Writer

Posted: 07/23/2009 07:14:22 PM PDT

Gerard Butler set a new standard for belligerent bluster as "300's" Spartan king.

He has also been the ancient hero Beowulf in an Icelandic feature and Attila the Hun in a TV movie.

In his new comedy "The Ugly Truth," the Scottish actor plays Mike Chadway, a TV love advice guru who tells women that men are only interested in one thing, and that they'd better accept it and play along if they ever want to keep a boyfriend.

Don't get the impression, though, that he's some kind of claymore-swinging Neanderthal.

"Mike has an element of machismo in him," Butler acknowledges. "But he's also very self-deprecating and he's actually quite an intelligent, smart guy. I don't think he completely believes in all of those insights that he expounds.

"So I never saw him like a Neanderthal. And the other thing is, there are different movies that I've done. I have many concerns in my life, but I don't think being thought of that way is one of them."

Indeed, the 39-year-old Butler has shown his sensitive side in such weepies as "P.S. I Love You" and "Dear Frankie." He was even that epitome of tortured romanticism in the movie version of Andrew Lloyd Webber's "The Phantom of the Opera."

And he cautions manly men against accompanying him to chick flicks.

"If you ever sit and watch a movie with me that has any kind of emotion in it, you'll see the tissue box come out," Butler confesses. "I can really get into the masculine thing, my default is definitely a guy's guy. But there are a lot of other parts to me, too."

read the whole article here

This man is every woman's dream and every man's nightmare! There aren't too many men who could live up to Gerry's "mold". Can you imagine sitting next to him in a sappy movie and he's crying and you're comforting him? I LOVE IT!

Thanks.

D

I love how in interviews he presents a sort of joking egotism, while at the same time insisting that he's nothing special, and just a regular guy. But it's exactly his ability to recognize the good qualities in himself while also noting his personal failings that is so admirable. I've heard him comment that he's not good at relationships, but I can't imagine that he does anything wrong. It seems to me that he's just so focused on himself and his career right now (not in a bad way) that it would be hard to keep a healthy relationship going with anybody.

Eh, all the better for us love-struck fans who can continue to secretly imagine that when he finally meets US, things will fall into place. :)

I love how in interviews he presents a sort of joking egotism, while at the same time insisting that he's nothing special, and just a regular guy. But it's exactly his ability to recognize the good qualities in himself while also noting his personal failings that is so admirable. I've heard him comment that he's not good at relationships, but I can't imagine that he does anything wrong. It seems to me that he's just so focused on himself and his career right now (not in a bad way) that it would be hard to keep a healthy relationship going with anybody.

Eh, all the better for us love-struck fans who can continue to secretly imagine that when he finally meets US, things will fall into place. :)

Well said! The part about the relationships, however, I think there might be quite a bit of truth to what he says about not being good at them but I"m sure it would be a challenge for any woman to deal with the media attention he has gotten as regards his love for the night life and all that involves. I think too, he has a great skill at turning exes in to friends and he's doing something right in the regard. So he's not failing in that relationship area.

D

I have to give him credit for keeping his girlfriends under wraps... I mean when he's is seriously dating someone... I love that he shows his soft side in these interviews too! Oh Hell....I just Love him cause he's him!

:wave: Frannie

Barb... :kiss: ....I love you too! :p

I'd be bawling my eyes out right next to him. Poor baby, I still think I have it worse than him. I cry at almost every movie... at the end of Kung Fu Panda... I thought master shifu was dying... I did not cry so hard in my life. Then I can't stop crying... My hormones must be out of wack. ;P

This man is every woman's dream and every man's nightmare! There aren't too many men who could live up to Gerry's "mold". Can you imagine sitting next to him in a sappy movie and he's crying and you're comforting him? I LOVE IT!

Thanks.

D

I could imagine that, but I'd be crying right next to him too. We would be like two fussy babies. :)

I have to give him credit for keeping his girlfriends under wraps... I mean when he's is seriously dating someone... I love that he shows his soft side in these interviews too! Oh Hell....I just Love him cause he's him!

Seriously? I doubt this guy has ever had a girlfriend more than a few dates. Serously. Keep it quiet?What woman would put up with that? Please Gerry don't insult our intelligence.

Seriously, you have a right to believe whatever you would like to believe.

However, a private life is just that, private. He has every right to have one as does every other celebrity.

Since none of us is privy to this "Private" information, perhaps we shouldn't pass judgement on something that we have ZERO INFORMATION about other than what is in the press.

Thanks.

D

I could imagine that, but I'd be crying right next to him too. We would be like two fussy babies. :)

I didn't say I wouldn't be a blubbering fool too! I just said I would be "comforting" him. Then we'd promptly be thrown out of the movie theater! :funnyup:

Seriously? I doubt this guy has ever had a girlfriend more than a few dates. Serously. Keep it quiet?What woman would put up with that? Please Gerry don't insult our intelligence.

Oh, I think MANY of the women on this site would "put up with it". You must be new here! :p

D

Thanks Barb!

Man people still need to get facts right. Wrong type of weapon for a "Neanderthal" *slaps forehead* I know it was just meant as a line to get a point across in an interview but still, come on. Claymore = William Wallace. :p

Gerry's too cute & I was happy to say I went & saw TUT yesterday...TWICE!

Oh I'm so glad he has kept his serious relationships private. Relationships are exactly that, private! Good for him and I hope he finds himself a great woman soon who can appreciate every aspect of his life!!!

The man deserves every ounce of privacy he can get and I'm sure if a woman was in a relationship they wouldn't mind keeping it out of the lime light.

The press can be cruel and Gerry just shows how much of a man he is because he handles it so well.

Thank You Frannie,

I totally agree about him keeping his women under wraps. He has a private life as well as anyone else. When a CEO from a large corporation goes home he gets privacy. And after Gerry gives us so much of himself in his movies and in his premier engagements,

he has a right to be by himself or with a secret someone that can take the mantal (?) of stardom off his back and let him be himself. No being anything or anyone but himself. And by the Lord in heaven, he has more than arned it in my eyes. I would never want to always be out there in the limelight if I knew he was coming home to me and he was ALL MINE!!!!! No one would ever have to know about me. I am his "Sanctuary" and not his wanna-be-movie-starlett in the background trying to get into pictures through him. NEVER, EVER!!!!! Just to HAVE HIM, would be more than enough for me. WAY MORE THAN ENOUGH!!!!!!!

And as I have always said, I love to love this incredible man. He is so....so.....so....unlike any man I have ever seen or heard in all my 65 years of life. Gerry truly is a gift from the powers that be. He is EVERYTHING good about what a real man is!!

Love to love Ya Gerry. :wuv:

You Lil' Joanna

Thank You Frannie,

I totally agree about him keeping his women under wraps. He has a private life as well as anyone else. When a CEO from a large corporation goes home he gets privacy. And after Gerry gives us so much of himself in his movies and in his premier engagements,

he has a right to be by himself or with a secret someone that can take the mantal (?) of stardom off his back and let him be himself. No being anything or anyone but himself. And by the Lord in heaven, he has more than arned it in my eyes. I would never want to always be out there in the limelight if I knew he was coming home to me and he was ALL MINE!!!!! No one would ever have to know about me. I am his "Sanctuary" and not his wanna-be-movie-starlett in the background trying to get into pictures through him. NEVER, EVER!!!!! Just to HAVE HIM, would be more than enough for me. WAY MORE THAN ENOUGH!!!!!!!

And as I have always said, I love to love this incredible man. He is so....so.....so....unlike any man I have ever seen or heard in all my 65 years of life. Gerry truly is a gift from the powers that be. He is EVERYTHING good about what a real man is!!

Love to love Ya Gerry. :wuv:

You Lil' Joanna

Everything Joanna said and more. He is so precious. Truly a gift from God to so many.

I know he will never understand how much he means to so many, and how much he is

truly loved by so many he has never met. I hope that he knows that he is wished all the

happiness he can stand and all the very best of everything, because that is what he gives,

to me anyway.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I don’t see any reason to doubt Gerry’s word on whether or not on he has longer term relationships. However he chooses to define his personal relationships with his woman friends, he’s single, and that’s his choice and the better choice for someone as career driven as he is. Keeping his special women friends under warps is a sure fire way to weed out the fame seekers and groupies who just want to be seen with him for their own advancement. I’m sure he’s managed to fly under the radar when he wants to go on a quiet date. Just stay away from certain places in New York and LA and no one will be the wiser.

Thanks Sandy,

When I think about Gerry, my heart feels so wonderful. To know how totally right I was about him so many years ago. And he has turned out to be so much more than I thought he would be. I love to hear all the beautiful things everyone saya about him. He is truly and incredible man all the way. I hardly ever remember my night dreams but I dream about him all the time in the day time!!! LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL. I know, 'Jo, you are a weirdo!!!' But Gerry makes my life so wonderful and he isn't in it more than as a movie star!! But if he were mine, and OMG do I wish he was, I would always be there and he would never have to worry that he would not be the only one. And I don't care about all the women that are in his life. I would KNOW he would be coming home to me and I would never let him down.

The man is more than 'just a guy', he is truly a 'friend'. He is an inspriation and all the good he inspires is so awesome and I don't think he really even realizes how influential he is as 'just a man'!!

I don't doubt his word about his relationships, but he also isn't a "kiss and tell" type of man and if he wants anyone to know about his relationships, he will tell. He is, as has been mentioned, concentrating totally on his career. Gerry knows this flame will slowly come to rest quietly in a few years and NOW is the time to concentrate on his career. Relationships can get in the way sometimes. I personnaly don't think Gerry wants a permanent relationship with someone in the 'glitzy, glittery' world. When he settles down, he will want to be by his family and want his woman to be happy staying at home with him. I feel he will want to have family always around and as she will be his wife, he will want her to always be around and not running all over the world making films. My opinion only!! And a feeling I have about this magnificent man of my heart!!

OMG!!! I love loving this incredibly entrancing man!!

Li' Jo :wuv:

Edited by Joanna

DQ,

Thanks bunches GAL. Frannie is the bomb!! She made it and when I saw Gerry like that, I totally had to gasp! He is sooooo come hither and swim with me cool looking!! I love my siggy's. Bee made my first one and I had that one for a verra long time and then when I saw Gerry in sepia, Beachie and I thought up an appropriate siggy with Gerry in hoodies! Beachie is awesome as well as Bee and Frannie. These GALS are so good, you give them a wee bit of an idea and they are fantastic. So, THANK YOU to my Frannie for the beautiful siggy.

Gerry will be there for a good bit of time. Or, at least until fall comes. :drool1:

Hugs "Sweet" GAL,

Jo