Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Sunnygirl

The Ugly Truth was awesome!

I just saw The Ugly Truth and it was hilarious :) It's definitely not for kids, but I loved it:)

Agreed! I actually liked it more than I thought I might. I'm a Vanilla gal, and it's well... most definitely not that. So it was nice to enjoy it as much as I did!

I saw it twice in-a-row today!!!!! I loved it!!!!! The double entendres abounded, as did the much more specific coarse language...but Gerry was in fine form!!!!! I loved the elevator scene, the dance scene,and the last (ahhhh) scene!!!!! I have read many of the critics' blasphemies..and I wonder if they saw the movie at all... I was very funny (yes, and crude at times) but I loved his character, and I loved him. I thought the chemistry between him and Katherine was marvelous!!!! Both audiences laughed uproariously throughout the movie!!!! I plan on seeing this many more times (if money permits)...I thoroughly enjoyed it. It made me laugh and smile throughout. Don't take it too seriously, just enjoy handsome Gerry and the passion that is there in abundance!!! AHHHH.

3 times a charm for me today! I've been feeling kind of down, so every few hours I was like "well... I think I'll go see The Ugly Truth!". :)

They didn't make Mike into nearly as much of an a$$hole as I expected they were going to. Sure, the first scene where he's talking to Abby on the show is pretty bracing, but by the next day they already start developing his sensitive side with the scene with his nephew. I figured I'd hate Mike before eventually being won over... It is possible though that I came into the movie with a bias due to my love of Gerry and would never have hated Mike. Either way.

Awesome! I hope its first day box office numbers are huge! I helped! :pointy:

I saw TUT today and was surprised at how much I liked it. I thought I might have to fight to not dislike Gerry's character but not at all. He was lovable and drop dead gorgeous. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. There were a few scenes that almost put me on the floor. The dance scene was one that we all have heard about. The other I won't mention completely for fear of ruining it for those who haven't seen the movie. Just let me say that elevators will never look the same to me again. My mouth actually fell open in awe. I loved the sensitive side of "Mike". Gerry does that so well. He almost had me in tears towards the end. I'm going back to see this movie again and maybe again.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Well here is my take on it... I LOVED IT!! The movie was packed and we had to sit too close for my preference but OMG the man was Fooking Big and beautiful and I have to say KH is pretty gorgeous too! I could hear a hint of his Scottish brrrr but not as much as usual when he's doing his American accent! The dance scene was incredible and I must have had a glazed look on my face with my mouth wide open because Debs Boyfriend looked over at me and started chuckling...he knew that scene was going to get me!! Then the elevator.....THUD and THUD again! I just hope this movie makes a ton of money ....by the looks of the theater and the people waiting to get in for the next showing ...looked like another packed house...and BTW there were a lot of men there and by the sound of the laughter they were enjoying it too! I can't wait to go again...and I really can't wait til the DVD comes out!! Debs boyfriend say's on the way out ...I'll buy that dvd and yes...he thought the movie was great!

I'm really amazed as to how funny Katherine was...I have to give her kudos because she was hilarious...I always loved Sandra Bullock in these kinds of roles but I have no doubt that KH nailed it!!

:wave: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

I'm so glad everyone loved it!!! Yes, the dance leading to the elevator is :heat:!! I'm having withdrawals as it's been a week since I seen it and this small town doesn't have it yet!!!

:hugs:

April

I have to add my two cents in the "loved it" column! I thought Gerry was hilarious and handsome and gorgeous and a total imp! The movie was raunchy and for someone as old as me, I still thought it was hysterical! I went with Elissa and Rendita and it's always great going to see a Gerry movie with other GALS! My poor brother, Rick, came with us and it appears he is turning into a Gerry fan!

Suzie

OK, I must admit that I went into this movie expecting to only be there in support of Gerry. I walked out loving it!!! I can't wait to see it again.

I took two friends with Sally and I, a married couple in their 30's. They both loved it!! I can't wait for other friends and family to see it..

Gerry~ You did it again! You made me a believer.

Well, I saw the movie again this evening (#4), with my best friend and she really loved it. She wants to go see it again and she is not the type to do that. In fact, she rarely even gets to go to the movies.

I'll probably see it again tomorrow w/ my mother..........hmmm......that will be interesting.

I still love it. :)

Ren

You can add my six times today and probably a couple tomorrow to

the pot.

I LOVED IT. I'm never disappointed in a Gerry movie.

The two later shows were packed. I mean no seats left empty.

And there was a huge crowd waiting outside the 12:00 midnight show.

This is going to be a monster, and I am soooooo glad.

Can't wait till tomorrow and the then the DVD.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I saw the Ugly Truth tonight, twice I might add. I loved IT!!!! I laughed so hard that my face hurt. I am not kidding the movie is like a happy laughter pill and I love every minute of it. I will see it again. :wuv::fans::fans:

I'll probably see it again with my mum this weekend and my friend, her mum and I are going to see it on Tuesday when she flies in. While the elevator was very awesome, I thought the package was hysterical. I was almost in tears:)

I had so much fun watching this movie, I loved this movie; I laughed so hard and loud, G was just adorable

He mayed me laugh hard (is that how u spell it), aqnd KH was awesome, and yes beautiful, and hilarious

This movie made my weekend. I LOVED IT. The dance scene, elevator, everything, just got me crazy!!!!

I saw it today with my friend and I enjoyed it so much that I am going to see it again. I found myself laughing at every jokes that he throws in even if the others are funnier. Just to hear the way he says them thrills me to the bone. The audience was awesome and the theatre was full! I heard women gushing over gerry and I hear myself laughing sort of loud. I also love their dancing scene.

Once again, this movie was freakin awsome!!! I dragged my friend to the movies this time. She loved it also. The theatre was packed so we had to sit in the neck breaking section...2nd row... But I enjoyed it again. When it comes out in the $3 theatre around the corner, I'll drag my boyfriend to see it. I loved the restaurant scene... a few years ago a friend of mine bought a pair and they were so strong, she couldn't get them off, and we were at work too. Gerry looked like he was at home in this movie, I think that's why I loved it so much. Everytime i left the theatre, I left feeling so relaxed like if I just had a massage or a huge meal. Plus I'm gonna buy it on DVD when it comes out. Well worth it.

:D

The thing that was most surprising about the movie was the script, very unexpected. But what was very expected was, I knew what would happen to thoes to in the end. The language was worse than a taboo, it was the truth as well. K, time for me to go nite nite and have sweet dreams about u know who. Nite nite ladies. :wave:

I saw it twice in-a-row today!!!!! I loved it!!!!! The double entendres abounded, as did the much more specific coarse language...but Gerry was in fine form!!!!! I loved the elevator scene, the dance scene,and the last (ahhhh) scene!!!!! I have read many of the critics' blasphemies..and I wonder if they saw the movie at all... I was very funny (yes, and crude at times) but I loved his character, and I loved him. I thought the chemistry between him and Katherine was marvelous!!!! Both audiences laughed uproariously throughout the movie!!!! I plan on seeing this many more times (if money permits)...I thoroughly enjoyed it. It made me laugh and smile throughout. Don't take it too seriously, just enjoy handsome Gerry and the passion that is there in abundance!!! AHHHH.

I've wondered the same thing when I read thoes reviews, I really don't think they saw the film. If they have, they must still be living in the 50's. And was he looking ever so good. This movie is gonna make a ton of money. I've never been to a theatre that was packed like this one, both times I went anyway. Very good sign. Have a good one Poptart! :yay:

I have to add my two cents in the "loved it" column! I thought Gerry was hilarious and handsome and gorgeous and a total imp! The movie was raunchy and for someone as old as me, I still thought it was hysterical! I went with Elissa and Rendita and it's always great going to see a Gerry movie with other GALS! My poor brother, Rick, came with us and it appears he is turning into a Gerry fan!

Suzie

You go, Texas Gramma! :pointy: My boyfriend, Mike is finally a Gerry fan a litte bit. He always says... 'there goes your honey'... and I have to drop everything to see him. I'm glad you loved it. Even though it's practically for adults, it was worth seeing.

Well, I saw the movie again this evening (#4), with my best friend and she really loved it. She wants to go see it again and she is not the type to do that. In fact, she rarely even gets to go to the movies.

I'll probably see it again tomorrow w/ my mother..........hmmm......that will be interesting.

I still love it. :)

Ren

AWKWARD!!! lol, it'll be fun for her. If I took my mother and god mother, I'd be mortified and embarrassed. Good luck :wave:

This movie was so great - I went with my hubby and he laughed harder than I did...well maybe not. You really do have to see this movie more than once since the audience laughter covers up some of the dialog. We were in a large theater at our cineplex and it was sold out. For our small community that is saying something. And the variety of people there to see the movie was amazing - all ages, females and males, and from all walks of life. Amazing.

And Gerry just looked terrific - WOW! As did Katie, according to my hubby. I just wasn't paying too much attention to her.

I just don't think the critics saw the same movie or else they have issues with a leading man who has so much charisma.

:wave:

Went to see it last night. My sister and I saw TUT while my husaband and son saw Harry Potter. Harry Potter was an hour longer than TUT, so my sis and I went to have some drinks and appetizers while we waited. It was a perfect evening, first we got to enjoy the Gerry Juice, followed up with good food and wine. Can't beat that! Great movie by the way, very sexy and funny.

Oh, I also have to add that my sister told a work friend yesterday that she was going to see her boyfriend that night (meaning that she was going to see Gerry in TUT). Her co-worker said, "Oh! You have a boyfriend? That's great. What's he like?" My sister, playing it up, described Gerry to her. Her friend said, "Wow! He sounds amazing! Do you have a picture?" My sister told her to hang on because she had one on her computer, then she googled Gerry, brought up a picture, and called her friend over. Her friend, having no idea who Gerry is said, "Oh my God! He is HOT!" After letting it go on for a little while, my sister eventually told her "The Ugly Truth". That Gerry is an actor and not her boyfriend.

:funnyup:

Edited by PennyPizza

Gerry..... :drool1: What else can you do? The movie was great. It was cute, funny, and so true! I loved every second of it. I went out with my sisters and parents and even they enjoyed it. My dad laughed his behind off. lol I called my grandparents and told them they should go see it because it's the kind of movie that would crack my grandmother up. Very, very funny. Two thumbs way up!!!!! Gerry is just as beautiful as ever. :drink::ohbaby::whome2::bouncydrool:

I can't wait to see this, it opens here in Oz on Aug 6 and I have taken the day off work to go and see it. :goodjob:

The movie was great, it was funny and raunchy and way different from all the usual Rom Com's and I generally don't go anywhere near

movies like that but I loved it.

Although I had a few problems with it like the ending, it starts off different from all the usual movies of this genre and even though you know they are getting close and all the spoilers about the ending that have been talked about I thought they were going to surprise the audience and do something completely unexpected with the ending. I had an idea in my head what should happen to Abbey at the end and I was hoping it would happen but it didn't... boo boo! lol!

I think this movie had a unique chance to do that with the ending but it was what the audience expected to happen and not that that is bad at all I just wanted to see a different approach to this movie {the audience being completely blind sighted to the finale}:flee:

But Gerard was fun to watch on screen in this character, despite what he was saying it was hysterical and the rest of the cast was great as well :)

pleas don't pelt me with imaginary internet e-stones for my opinion :eek: I did enjoy it :kiss: