Gerard Butler GALS

The Ugly Truth was awesome!

Sunnygirl

Saw it on Saturday....LOVED every minute of it!!! Histerical, sexy, charming, sweet, raunchy....did I mention I loved it?

And that last scene....holy hot h-ll!!!!! :drool1:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got to see TUT. I went back from my New York trip two days ago. I went on the forum every day, but wanted to wait to be back in France to write my review.

I've seen the movie 6 times, and I love it even more every time. :wuv: I knew I would like it. I had a good feeling. But I didn't think I would like it that much. I put it very high on the list of my favorite Gerry movies.

Gerry's presence makes the movie even more enjoyable. He's hotter than ever. Sexy, funny, romantic. I love him in this kind of role. :kiss: But I have to say that the script is pretty good too. I liked about everything about it. I loved Mike and Abby's relationship, and how it evolves, how Mike starts to fall in love with her, and how Abby starts to realize that he's not the superficial manwhore she thought he was. Neither of them had been really lucky in love, and I think somehow they can relate to that.

The scene with Mike and Abby just before the salsa, was pivotal. Without this conversation they had, the salsa scene and the elevator scene wouldn't have been that hot. I love that they were attracted on an emotional level before they were attracted on a physical level. (well... for Abby. I know Mike was attracted by her before this conversation. :D ).

I absolutely loved Mike's longing looks when he's looking at her. Just after the vibrating panties scene, and also when she receives the flowers from Colin, and at the end of the "manwhore" conversation, and also in the car when they're going to Craig Ferguson. All those things that Abby doesn't notice, but that we are allowed to see. I felt for Mike in some of those scenes, especially at the end of the "manwhore" scene, he looks really desperate and jealous when she tells him that Colin is taking her to Lake Tahoe for the weekend. That kind of look on his face, it's priceless.

My favorite scenes are, of course, the salsa, the elevator and also the hot air balloon scene. The salsa scene and the elevator kiss gave me goose bumps every time! :yummy: . I love it that there was kind of a blooper in the salsa scene, when Mike "catches" Abby's right arm, instead of her left arm. It makes the scene even better.

I love the whole part in Los Angeles. And the moment when Mike sees Colin in Abby's room. That look on his face... I thought he was about to cry. At this very moment, you really become aware of his true feelings for Abby, you know that it's not just a crush. It's more than that. This scene hurts, not only for Mike. I had a hard time watching it. Mike lacked self-confidence, and this scene ruined what little self-confidence he had. When he saw them together, he realized he could never compete with Colin. Mike fitted probably not more than 1 out of 10 of the criteria on Abby's check list. And he knew that. That's why he panicked when Abby showed him that she wanted him to stay, in the corridor scene.

I liked the parallel between Colin's and Mike's answers to the same question Abby asked them, when she said "Why are you in love with me?" Colin's answer was flat, it didn't come out naturally, he gave it too much thought (and he started with "you're beautiful", which says it all.). On the opposite, Mike's answer, in the balloon, was more straightforward, more simple but also a lot more honest and heartfelt. "Beats the s**t out of me, but I am." This answer totally won me over. :wuv:

I had heard mainly about the salsa and the elevator, but I was pleasantly surprised by the hot air balloon scene. It was scathing, funny, sexy, romantic... One of the best romantic conclusions I've seen in a movie. I love the way Mike says "Oh yeah?? And what does that mean??!!" :D I don't know why. I love this part of the scene. But I think the best part is when he says "Yeah, it's scary. It's terrifying. Especially when I'm in love with a psycho like you!" I think it was something along those lines. Gerry was perfect in this scene. I love how he makes his points, how he's straightforward and romantic at the same time.

My favorite scene amongst the funny scenes was the "Flick the bean" scene. The genuine naivety on Abby's face when she asks "What bean?". It cracked me up! :funnyup:

But I think the scene that got the loudest laughs was the vibrating panties scene. People couldn't stop laughing, from the beginning to the end of the scene.

I liked the supporting roles. Especially Joy and Stuart, the boss. Bree Turner has good comic timing. I wish she had more scenes. The boss cracked me up too. I think this is the boss everyone would like to have. Cool, relaxed, funny. I love him. :D

Georgia and Larry were hilarious too. Aww... here again, I wish they had more screen time.

Am I the only one who hates Jack Magnum, the replacement? Gosh... he's so insufferable. I guess he was meant to be perceived that way.

Aww... now I have to wait for the movie to be released in France, on 26.Aug. Can't wait to see it again.

I want the DVD so badly!!!

• 1 month later...

I saw TUT on Friday & yesterday (Tuesday) and thought it was awesome, really hilarious. Yesterday I was with a woman friend, who also loved it. We are older women, the rest of the audience consisted on women under 20, I think. The movie got an enthusiastic applause in the end. That is something I have not experienced earlier, but on the other hand I rarely go to the cinema these days (= for many years).

Gerard was wonderful in the role, and so was Heigl, also. Such a chemistry between them, awesome.... The movie was really well-balanced, there were no dead moments at all. Great script!

SPOILERS: It was hilarious that Mike´s remark about tap water was the first sign of Abby starting to notice him. And the dancing scene, it was wonderful!!! As Mike walked away from Abby because of Colin´s unexpected appearance, I got a scare whether this is one of those romantic comedies which do not have a happy ending....

II liked the parallel between Colin's and Mike's answers to the same question Abby asked them, when she said "Why are you in love with me?" Colin's answer was flat, it didn't come out naturally, he gave it too much thought (and he started with "you're beautiful", which says it all.). On the opposite, Mike's answer, in the balloon, was more straightforward, more simple but also a lot more honest and heartfelt. "Beats the s**t out of me, but I am." This answer totally won me over. :wuv:

Yes, Colin was in love with a person who was not Abby at all and Mike gradually started to love the true Abby.

Edited by Skatingfan03

I finally got to see TUT. I went back from my New York trip two days ago. I went on the forum every day, but wanted to wait to be back in France to write my review.

I've seen the movie 6 times, and I love it even more every time. :wuv: I knew I would like it. I had a good feeling. But I didn't think I would like it that much. I put it very high on the list of my favorite Gerry movies.

Gerry's presence makes the movie even more enjoyable. He's hotter than ever. Sexy, funny, romantic. I love him in this kind of role. :kiss: But I have to say that the script is pretty good too. I liked about everything about it. I loved Mike and Abby's relationship, and how it evolves, how Mike starts to fall in love with her, and how Abby starts to realize that he's not the superficial manwhore she thought he was. Neither of them had been really lucky in love, and I think somehow they can relate to that.

The scene with Mike and Abby just before the salsa, was pivotal. Without this conversation they had, the salsa scene and the elevator scene wouldn't have been that hot. I love that they were attracted on an emotional level before they were attracted on a physical level. (well... for Abby. I know Mike was attracted by her before this conversation. :D ).

I absolutely loved Mike's longing looks when he's looking at her. Just after the vibrating panties scene, and also when she receives the flowers from Colin, and at the end of the "manwhore" conversation, and also in the car when they're going to Craig Ferguson. All those things that Abby doesn't notice, but that we are allowed to see. I felt for Mike in some of those scenes, especially at the end of the "manwhore" scene, he looks really desperate and jealous when she tells him that Colin is taking her to Lake Tahoe for the weekend. That kind of look on his face, it's priceless.

My favorite scenes are, of course, the salsa, the elevator and also the hot air balloon scene. The salsa scene and the elevator kiss gave me goose bumps every time! :yummy: . I love it that there was kind of a blooper in the salsa scene, when Mike "catches" Abby's right arm, instead of her left arm. It makes the scene even better.

I love the whole part in Los Angeles. And the moment when Mike sees Colin in Abby's room. That look on his face... I thought he was about to cry. At this very moment, you really become aware of his true feelings for Abby, you know that it's not just a crush. It's more than that. This scene hurts, not only for Mike. I had a hard time watching it. Mike lacked self-confidence, and this scene ruined what little self-confidence he had. When he saw them together, he realized he could never compete with Colin. Mike fitted probably not more than 1 out of 10 of the criteria on Abby's check list. And he knew that. That's why he panicked when Abby showed him that she wanted him to stay, in the corridor scene.

I liked the parallel between Colin's and Mike's answers to the same question Abby asked them, when she said "Why are you in love with me?" Colin's answer was flat, it didn't come out naturally, he gave it too much thought (and he started with "you're beautiful", which says it all.). On the opposite, Mike's answer, in the balloon, was more straightforward, more simple but also a lot more honest and heartfelt. "Beats the s**t out of me, but I am." This answer totally won me over. :wuv:

I had heard mainly about the salsa and the elevator, but I was pleasantly surprised by the hot air balloon scene. It was scathing, funny, sexy, romantic... One of the best romantic conclusions I've seen in a movie. I love the way Mike says "Oh yeah?? And what does that mean??!!" :D I don't know why. I love this part of the scene. But I think the best part is when he says "Yeah, it's scary. It's terrifying. Especially when I'm in love with a psycho like you!" I think it was something along those lines. Gerry was perfect in this scene. I love how he makes his points, how he's straightforward and romantic at the same time.

My favorite scene amongst the funny scenes was the "Flick the bean" scene. The genuine naivety on Abby's face when she asks "What bean?". It cracked me up! :funnyup:

But I think the scene that got the loudest laughs was the vibrating panties scene. People couldn't stop laughing, from the beginning to the end of the scene.

I liked the supporting roles. Especially Joy and Stuart, the boss. Bree Turner has good comic timing. I wish she had more scenes. The boss cracked me up too. I think this is the boss everyone would like to have. Cool, relaxed, funny. I love him. :D

Georgia and Larry were hilarious too. Aww... here again, I wish they had more screen time.

Am I the only one who hates Jack Magnum, the replacement? Gosh... he's so insufferable. I guess he was meant to be perceived that way.

Aww... now I have to wait for the movie to be released in France, on 26.Aug. Can't wait to see it again.

I want the DVD so badly!!!

What a way to describe the movie, really agree with you. The hot air balloon is very good and I think one appreciates it more the second time you see the film. As for the salsa scene, I really thought my heart would jump out of my chest which would be pretty embarrassing with my husband sitting next to me. I was very surprised by the effect it had on me because other GALS who had seen the film had prepared us about what to exect and still it really did things for me that I have never experienced when watching a film! I am blushing just thinking about it ! I guess we are all teenagers deepdown, we just need the right stimulation! :-)

Theresa

I watched this movie a few weeks ago TWICE and I loved it. I love him in this movie.

My favorit part is when they are at the resturaunt for the meeting (THE UNDERWARE) LMAO.

I laughed so hard i was crying.

OMG I laughed so hard at that part too, I think the whole theater was in hysterics.

Amanda

I can't wait anymore.. .. so went to watch the special screening today.

( The movie will release on 10/2 but has some special screening this weekend)... Finally, I saw the famous dance scene and elevator scene :p

I'm glad people in the theater laughed through the movie. Although we have different culture, we understand the humor, too. :) And, when Mike got hurt, the theater was so silent, audience all concentrated. while Abbey open the door and it was Colin outside... and then Mike came... you could hear the sigh from audience

And, when waiting in the hall, I sat in front of the big poster of Gamer with TUT poster on my left side :) Gamer will be out on 10/9... ...

My favorite part... 2nd half of the movie... when Mike gets suffer, while Mike falls in love, and while both Abbey & Mike get struggle.

Mike may talk in a rough way, but in the bottom of his heart he also want a companion...want to love and be loved.

I really enjoy the movie and I like Mike. Gerry's performance is so naturally in the film. Hope I have chance to watch it again next weekend.

But I'll be pretty busy in October..... I don't know if I'll have time for Gamer, either... But when LAC release in December, I think I'll run to the theater...:p

Edited by Jeanwhale

• 3 weeks later...

My husband actually took me to see it when it came out... he loved it just as much as I did!

I was loving that elevator kiss... and the salsa dancing?? They were both so good at it, so perfectly natural...

But then again, it appears that there is NOTHING that Gerry don't do good!

My husband actually took me to see it when it came out... he loved it just as much as I did!

I was loving that elevator kiss... and the salsa dancing?? They were both so good at it, so perfectly natural...

But then again, it appears that there is NOTHING that Gerry don't do good!

I agree, it seems Gerry excells at ....*ahem* everything (or at least in my mind he does. It's unlikely I'll ever find out in person hehe)

Sorry.. one of those days where my mind is in the gutter ;)

Amanda

Oh, babes, my mind is ALWAYS in the gutter... so you're in good company!!! :drool1:

I hear that there is an Over 18 board here, but It might be too tempting for this wild Dixie girl... :lol: I still I'll just stay "topside" for now...

Oh, babes, my mind is ALWAYS in the gutter... so you're in good company!!! :drool1:

I hear that there is an Over 18 board here, but It might be too tempting for this wild Dixie girl... :lol: I still I'll just stay "topside" for now...

LOL glad to know I've got good company. You see, it's just that I've got this condition known as GALS. :igotgals:

Welcome to the boards, Hun. Hope to see you around and speak to you often :)

Amanda

I just read this whole string and am DYING to see this movie! Yes, you heard it right.....I'm an AMERICAN and I STILL have not seen TUT, and it premiered waaaaay back last summer! I have reasons for that, but now I'm just counting the days 'till November 10th and Netflix sends it to me in the mail and I keep it for as long as I want, watching it over and over and over and over and over and over and.......well you get the picture! So many of you have talked about the dancing and elevator scenes so I'm going to try my best not to fast forward the DVD and enjoy it, SAVOR it, as it is for the first round, and save the finger action for later! The REMOTE finger action, that is, gals....geesh, why do I feel I have to qualify that statement!? Because we're Gerry's gals, that's why! :cheeky:

I just read this whole string and am DYING to see this movie! Yes, you heard it right.....I'm an AMERICAN and I STILL have not seen TUT, and it premiered waaaaay back last summer! I have reasons for that, but now I'm just counting the days 'till November 10th and Netflix sends it to me in the mail and I keep it for as long as I want, watching it over and over and over and over and over and over and.......well you get the picture! So many of you have talked about the dancing and elevator scenes so I'm going to try my best not to fast forward the DVD and enjoy it, SAVOR it, as it is for the first round, and save the finger action for later! The REMOTE finger action, that is, gals....geesh, why do I feel I have to qualify that statement!? Because we're Gerry's gals, that's why! :cheeky:

OMG!!! What a treat you have in store for you!! The dance scene.... the elevator scene....the hallway scene....is worth the price of your rental just in its self. Plan on keeping the movie for a month at least!!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

I have to agree. The 1st time I saw the dance scene..........well I won't go into details, but.........I really liked it. Just look at Gerry's face, that's all I'm saying. He looks like he's having fun. That boy has hip action. I was very impressed.

Anyway, TUT is actually still showing here locally, just at the theater near my house. I take full credit, because I keep going to see it. I'm not saying how many times I've seen it and if you know........just keep your mouth shut. :lol:

Mikey definitely grows on you. :)

Ren

I just have to say this.....GERRY is SO CUTE in that siggy of your's Ren. He looks so mischievous. Love that look!! BTW Ren I have a ballpark figure on how many times you have seen TUT. Don't blame you at all. I love Mikey!! I worry that I will wear out the DVD when I finally get it. The dance scene alone will get a big rut in the DVD. The pause, rewind buttons on my remote will get a work out for sure.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Since my birthday is in December, I was told by my hubby that I'm not allowed to buy TUT!!! :lol: It appears that I'm getting it for my birthday.

I kinda like Mike. He reminds me of my husband. :rotflmao:

Edited by mrs_one_two

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait to get some screen caps of all the sweaty sexiness at the end... :thud:

And alllllllllllllllll the extras....

• 2 weeks later...