Gerard Butler GALS

The Ugly Truth was awesome!

I bought it the day it came out on dvd last week and watched it the following night. I really liked it alot! Gerry's character was alot of fun, and he and Katherine H. had good on-film chemistry. The ugly truth--I wasn't too crazy about the ending, I thought it was too...cheesy. I am going to watch the movie again when I get a chance to though, definitely! Ahhh, the advantages of the dvd!! The bonus features were pretty cool, too.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I just got to see it last Friday and I still think and laugh about Heigl's expressions every time Gerard made a crewed comment. Some of the things he said must have taken at least 100 takes (more or less) because you cannot keep a straight face & not die of laughter with half of the comeback remarks (lewd) he kept saying. It was totally funny and my most favorite part has to be the hallway/elevator scene and right after (don't want to give anything away..which means for the ones who've seen it know what I'm talking about).

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 1 month later...
Guest sugarbee

I enjoyed this movie and now own it. But I have to tell you, I was over at my parents house recently and they had rented it! I saw it on the table and made a comment to the affect of "Mom, I don't know if you want to watch this...." and cringed when they put it in. Dad was cracking up (of course) and Mom wasn't offended!! She did ok- just kept her eye on the prize and said she knew they would end up together. They just don't think a movie has to have that kind of language in it to be good. "F" this, "F" that...it isn't necessary". By the way, she thinks he is adorable.

• 6 months later...

This movie is hilarious!! I LMAO everytime I watch this. I love the vibrating underwear scene, I laugh to tears everytime I see it. I also love the part where Kathryn Heigl is hanging from the tree upside down and removes her neighbors towel on accident! Leaves very little to the imagination, if you catch my drift. I remember that guy from Days of Our Lives too. He was a better looking Rex DeMeira than the new one. Gerry was a blast in this film! Wouldn't mind licking Jello off anything on him! Pudding would be more fun. choco pudding on Gerry, I know I'm horrible,LOL!

I enjoyed this movie and now own it. But I have to tell you, I was over at my parents house recently and they had rented it! I saw it on the table and made a comment to the affect of "Mom, I don't know if you want to watch this...." and cringed when they put it in. Dad was cracking up (of course) and Mom wasn't offended!! She did ok- just kept her eye on the prize and said she knew they would end up together. They just don't think a movie has to have that kind of language in it to be good. "F" this, "F" that...it isn't necessary". By the way, she thinks he is adorable.

I think that movie would give my parents(at least my mom) a stroke. After about the fifth f-bomb they would turn it off. My mom does think he's very handsome and loves his NYC loft. :cunning:

Gerry just has that look that women of all ages loves. He loves women and women love him. :kiss::wuv:

My mother is 73 years old and she really loves this movie. In fact, she went & bought it the day it came out, which is very unusual for her. I have to say.....it was a little mortifying sitting through it with her the 1st time. I'm sure I cringed in a few parts. I did show her a couple of the red band clips beforehand, so she wasn't totally surprised.

I highly suspect some things went right over her head. However, she mostly just seemed to take it that the language was needed for the character.

Personally, I love Mikey. He's one of my favorite Gerry characters.

• 2 months later...

Personally, I love Mikey. He's one of my favorite Gerry characters.

I couldn't agree more. I thought Gerry as Mike Chadway was great. I don't think anyone could've played him better and that's not because I'm biased, lol.

• 5 months later...

I absolutely adored this movie! Mike Chadway has to be one of my favorite characters of Gerard's!

He was just too cute and adorable! And after reading about the 3am story I would love to picture him Posted Image

Sorry...I'll Posted Image