Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry's movie after 300.

I hear a rumour...........

After 300 finishes, Gerry will be staring in a major motion picture slated to begin filming in February and finishing sometime the beginning of June. Filming will be in Chicago and Canada. It's not Burns, but something different.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys! Thats all I know. If I had more I'd tell ya! But, the good news is - there's gonna be another Gerry film - and so soon after 300 too!

:yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Now, if they'd judt give Beowulf a big release, I'd be happy!

Ok, I have a wee bit more!

Apparently Gerry's new movie will have US distribution and the role Gerry plays is different from his previous roles.

Ok, I have a wee bit more!

Apparently Gerry's new movie will have US distribution and the role Gerry plays is different from his previous roles.

You are such a tease S! :;): *hoping for a romantic comedy*

So I suppose this means he will not be playing another historical iconic figure. Perhaps he will play a heavy in a crime drama? Ohhhhh the possibilities are soooooo intriguing, cuz we all know that Gerry can play anything!

Can't wait to hear more!

Swan

A film with US distribution, thank God. :cheer: That's great news. Thank you for sharing. If it's a romantic

comedy I will be verrrrrrrrrrrry happy. :yippee:

It would appear that our talented sexy hunk is on the brink of becoming a household name. I am thrilled for him, and I know all of us are.

You go Gerry. Remember us when your mega-stardom happens, okay?

Lisa

First of all, CHICAGO???????????????????????????????? WOOT! I only live about 20 minutes from Chicago. Anyone want to come for a visit? Dawn? Lish? Amy? Beachie? Anyone?

Secondly, I would love to see Gerry do a romantic comedy. He has such a good sense of humor. Maybe starring with someone like Meg Ryan, or me.

Sarah, thanks for the scoop. ::D:

Since I've never been a "fan" before, I'm a little blank on how things go. Is it usual for them to "announce" at some point that a movie will be made, who the stars are, etc., like they did with POTO, 300, etc.? If that's the case and it starts filming in February, we should know all about it soon, huh?

If not, maybe Sarah....... way the Hell over there in Australia can keep us informed about what's going on here in the States! Sarah, I want to know how you do that, you got friends in high places?

This is exciting news, indeed. Suz, I want to come visit you!!! Haven't been to chicago since I was a kid. Spent the summer with my aunt and uncle in Olympia Fields when I was 13 and they gave me the grand tour. Of course I'm sure much has changed since then!

I copied this from GB.net. You will not appreciate it unless you are from Chicgoland or talk to someone from there frequently. It is oh so true though.

Hope not to offend anyone.

CHICAGO SLANG

1. Grachki (grach'-key): Chicagoese for "garage key" as in, "Theresa, waja do wit da grachki? Howmy supposta cut da grass if I don't git intada grach?"

2. Sammich: Chicagoese for sandwich. When made with sausage, it's a sassage sammich; when made with shredded beef, it's an Italian Beef sammich, a local delicacy consisting of piles of spicy meat in a perilously soggy bun.

3. Da: This article is a key part of Chicago speech, as in "Da Bears" or "Da Mare" -- the latter denoting Richard M. Daley, or Richie, as he's often called.

4. Jewels: Not family heirlooms or a tender body region, but a popular name for one of the region's dominant grocery store chains. "I'm goin' ta Jewels ta pick up some sassage."

5. Field's: Marshall Field, a prominent Chicago department store. Also Carson Pirie Scott, another major department store chain, is simply Called "Carson's."

6. Tree: The number between two and four. "We were lucky dat we only got tree inches of snow da udder night."

7. Over by dere: Translates to "over by there," a way of emphasizing a site presumed familiar to the listener. As in, "I got the sassage at Jewels down on Kedzie, over by dere."

8. Kaminski Park: The mispronounced name of the ballpark where the Chicago White Sox (da Sox) play baseball. Comiskey Park was recently renamed U.S. Cellular Field (da Cell)

9. Frunchroom: As in, "Getottada frunchroom wit dose muddy shoes." It's not the "parlor." It's not the "living room." In the land of the bungalow, it's the "frunchroom," a name derived, linguists believe, from "front room."

10. Use: Not the verb, but the plural pronoun "you" ""Where use goin'?"

11. Downtown: Anywhere near The Lake, south of The Zoo (Lincoln Park Zoo)

and north of Soldier Field.

12. The Lake: Lake Michigan. (What other lake is there?) It's often used by local weathermen, "cooler by The Lake."

13. Gym Shoes: The rest of the country may refer to them as sneakers or running shoes but Chicagoans will always call them gym shoes!

14. Braht: Short for Bratwurst. "Gimme a braht wit kraut."

15. Goes: Past or present tense of the verb "say." For example, "Then he goes, 'I like this place'!"

16. Guys: Used when addressing two or more people, regardless of each individual's gender.

17. Pop: A soft drink. Don't say "soda" in this town. "Do ya wanna canna pop?"

18. Sliders : Nickname for hamburgers from White Castle, a popular Midwestern burger chain. "Dose sliders I had last night gave me da runs."

19. The Taste: The Taste of Chicago Festival, a huge extravaganza in Grant Park featuring samples of Chicagoland cuisine which takes place each year around the Fourth of July holiday.

20. "Jieetyet?": Translates to, "Did you eat yet?"

21. Winter and Construction: Punch line to the joke, "What are the two seasons in Chicago?"

22. Cuppa Too-Tree: is Chicagoese for "a couple, two, three" which really means "a few." For example, "Hey Mike, dere any beerz left in da cooler over by dere?" "Yeh, a cuppa too-tree."

23. 588-2300: Everyone in Chicago knows this commercial jingle and the carpet company you'll get if you call that number -- Empire!

24. Junk Djor: You will usua lly find the 'junk drawer' in da kitchen filled to the brim with miscellaneous, but very important, junk.

25. Southern Illinois: Anything south of I-80.

26. Expressways: The Interstates in the immediate Chicagoland area are usually known just by their 'name' and not their Interstate number: the Dan Ryan ("the Ryan"), the Stevenson, the Kennedy, the Eisenhower (the "Ike"), and the Edens.

LOL, Suz... that's too funny!

You tell me when He'll be in Chicago and I'm there!!! My friend's mom lives there too!

Something Major? US Distribution? They wouldn't lie to get our hopes up and then crush us... right???

I hope he's not a really bad guy... A romantic comedy would be great. Or a superhero. Gerry in tights! *drool* The man in a unitard... I'd die a happy woman right there in the front row of IMAX!!!

The next Harry Potter movie, perhaps? LOL Now I'm just guessing! Keep us informed, Sarah!!! :dance3:

Guest greyeyegoddess

Hmmm...never been to Chicago before...do I sense a little tart gathering???

I used to have friends in the area, but I've lost track of them. I should check to see if I have family, though. Be a great excuse to visit them...

~alice

Hey! Exciting stuff! Can't wait to hear what it is............!

*please say he's acting opposite Bryce Dallas Howard or Nicole Kidman or Jennifer Connelly or someone equally as fabulous*

So, if Gerry is going to be filming in Chicago I am inviting all GALS to a sleep over at my house. Then we will stampede Chicago.

Brent might not be too thrilled with all of this, but then again, maybe he would. :cunning:

OK Suz - but just how many Starbucks are there in Chicago? Are there enough of us to station one at each? ::D: My company has a franchise in Chicago that might need some support from me - hmmm...could I convince them to schedule a trip for me sometime before June?