I am so excited about Gerry having a new movie I have goosebumps.:;):

:funnyface::kisswink:

How's that Beanie?

Edited by Suz
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't even begin to know how to guess so I will anxiously await the official announcement, just thrilled our guy has more work lined up and that means more chances to see that gorgeous, talented man on the BIG screen!

BTW Texas Phan I love your siggy - beautiful, and big Gerry-warm welcome from a GAL to a Nut! Every FANmily needs a few nuts, right?

13. Gym Shoes: The rest of the country may refer to them as sneakers or running shoes but Chicagoans will always call them gym shoes!

14. Braht: Short for Bratwurst. "Gimme a braht wit kraut."

15. Goes: Past or present tense of the verb "say." For example, "Then he goes, 'I like this place'!"

16. Guys: Used when addressing two or more people, regardless of each individual's gender.

17. Pop: A soft drink. Don't say "soda" in this town. "Do ya wanna canna pop?"

18. Sliders : Nickname for hamburgers from White Castle, a popular Midwestern burger chain. "Dose sliders I had last night gave me da runs."

20. "Jieetyet?": Translates to, "Did you eat yet?"

21. Winter and Construction: Punch line to the joke, "What are the two seasons in Chicago?"

Awww...not to disappoint anyone, but the above also apply in Cincinnati! And we're thisclose to Kentucky! And about #18 - we also call it "Whitey's" for short, and the condition of runs after eating Whitey's is know as White Castle a**. Just so yous know! And we absolutely do the "pop", "gym shoes", "goes", and "guys" here....I'm practically a native!!!!!

But I have definitely heard one movie speculated....but until we hear for sure, it's nothing but guessing, and we'd all hate to be disappointed when we got our palates all warmed up for a certain sort of Gerry-character, so I just hope they spill the beans ASAP!!!!

:kisswink:

I guess I don't quite understand the need for secrecy. Okay, it's a rumor, it was obviously discussed in chat where any number of people could have been and it may not be accurate. I think most of us have had the experience of believing a rumor and then having it turn out to be untrue.

In my opinion, it comes off like a group of little girls singing "I've got a secret, I've got a secret." I'm not trying to be a turd here, I can certainly wait for an announcement, I just kind of don't get it. It's as tho' GALS has not bred out the genetic code stored from the gb.net lineage, where so many things are done in whispers and between a select few.

Okay, maybe I'm a bit of a turd, I just think if there's a game everyone should be in on it, or it should not have been mentioned in the beginning.

There, I've said it, I'm standing right up here ready to get stoned, start throwing!

I guess I don't quite understand the need for secrecy. Okay, it's a rumor, it was obviously discussed in chat where any number of people could have been and it may not be accurate. I think most of us have had the experience of believing a rumor and then having it turn out to be untrue.

In my opinion, it comes off like a group of little girls singing "I've got a secret, I've got a secret." I'm not trying to be a turd here, I can certainly wait for an announcement, I just kind of don't get it. It's as tho' GALS has not bred out the genetic code stored from the gb.net lineage, where so many things are done in whispers and between a select few.

Okay, maybe I'm a bit of a turd, I just think if there's a game everyone should be in on it, or it should not have been mentioned in the beginning.

There, I've said it, I'm standing right up here ready to get stoned, start throwing!

I agree Stalow that it sounds as if there was information given in chat that would indicate what this movie was, and unless there was another chat that didn't have me in it, the name of the film, along with the actors or directors involved was NOT discussed. There are those who believe they know which film it is, and more power to them, but it wasn't ever told in chat or in PM's or in e-mails.

I just wanted to make that clear so that all you members understand that there is no group getting more information that all of you are getting. That would be unfair and there are no "select few" at GALS.

:hugs:

Dr. Em

I hear a rumour...........

After 300 finishes, Gerry will be staring in a major motion picture slated to begin filming in February and finishing sometime the beginning of June. Filming will be in Chicago and Canada. It's not Burns, but something different.

From this information alone anyone can come to conclusions. It doesn't mean some people know more than others. Some of us just can't wait to find out and went on the internet in search of what it could be. That doesn't mean we know, we just took this information and narrowed it down. Anyone could do the same thing. I am sorry if people misunderstood that some of us know more than others. That is definitely not the case.

Girls, girls! :mopboyjackie:

I was in the original chat, and I'm here to tell you that absolutely no more info was given than what had already been stated here. :kisswink: There are no favorites or select few at GALS! A lot of people find it fun to speculate on what a rumored film might be... the possibilities are endless! But no speculation has been confirmed or denied by any of us here; wouldn't be prudent! When Hollywood finally makes up it's mind to make it official, we will let all of you know. ::D:

Hey Gals

I'm going to come in here and state the same that others are saying. I recieved no information about the film other than what everyone can know by reading this thread. I am certainly not part of any inner sanctum and I don't recall implying that I was. There were four or five of us in chat, searching and discussing possibilities. We narrowed the choices down using the information already out there and felt we came up with a likely candidate. It is a guess, maybe a good guess...but a guess nonetheless.

Please don't blame the mods or admins for a few of us having some fun and trying to solve a mystery, like Sherlock I just have to search for clues LOL.

I apologize to anyone who felt that we were trying to leave them out etc. that isn't the case, but spreading a rumour about an unsubstantiated guess would be irresponsible and if the guess is right, it would be equally irresponsible to spread that before it's official

Dawn

I peek in the rumors area about upcoming projects, but in all honesty until I hear an official

announcement from His Majesty's camp, I will consider it all rumor.

I was so excited for Burns, and then when I heard it was on hold/perhaps not going to be made, I was crushed.

I'm just excited that our man is working!

And I have not seen B&G yet, so that is my first mission!! :beowulf: :mopboybeowulf:

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif

Bethy

Gals,

Trust me, If I had more, I'd gives it to ya!

But, lets just revel in the news that there'll be a big screen Gerry again soon!

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

I just sent off a quick e-mail message to Oprah asking if they might consider doing a one-on-one interview show with Gerry IF and WHEN he's in Chicago....during the filming of his next (rumored) project.

JUDE/Judy

I peek in the rumors area about upcoming projects, but in all honesty until I hear an official

announcement from His Majesty's camp, I will consider it all rumor.

I was so excited for Burns, and then when I heard it was on hold/perhaps not going to be made, I was crushed.

I'm just excited that our man is working!

And I have not seen B&G yet, so that is my first mission!! :beowulf: :mopboybeowulf:

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif

Bethy

Oh ditto Bethy, while I hate waiting for information I still really need to see B&G :beowulf: This mop boy alone does things to my tummy that are better left to the over 18 forums!!! :;):

p.s. Mods I know that you're not really hiding stuff, we are all just so excited at being able to see more of our boy I think, we forget a rumor is a fun little mystery until the announcement is made!!

(((HUGS))) Toni

I'm sure you GALS have great educated guesses, but until it's actually announced, things can change. Therefore, until it's "official," it's just a rumor. We would hate to announce something prematurely.

Dr. Em

I said this on another thread...

I agree with you Dayna!

With respect for you and Gerry we don't need to know until it is officially stated.

Until then it could all be hear say or speculation anyway.

I choose to honor your wishes because I know your intentions are only whats best for us GALS!

Love you!

Suzanne

Guest Aislinn

QUOTE ---

"I just wanted to make that clear so that all you members understand that there is no group getting more information that all of you are getting. That would be unfair and there are no "select few" at GALS.

Dr. Em"

:wave: I LOVE GALS for always being the voice of reason and showing responsibility about waiting or the official word ....but it's sooo hard. :inlove: LOL It's fun to guess and speculate, but ultimately until an official announcement has been made and all the i's have been dotted and the t's crossed, we have to be (nibbling on fingernails here) patient. Let's not forget all that gossip about Antonio Banderas and Hugh Jackman playing the Phantom. Thank God, that wasn't true!!!!!

One thing is certain, GB is a dynamo of talent and is really working non-stop to make sure that we all get to see him in a theatre near us soon. :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

And the above quote just warmed my heart. Dr. Em. I think our motto says it all -- RESPECT FOR GERRY, RESPECT FOR GALS, AND RESPECT FOR ALL GB FANS." I can honestly say that I have never felt such warmth and genuine affection as I have felt being here. Thank you Dr. Em and all the Mods who make this such a wonderful Gerry place.

((Hugs)))

~ Aislinn/Ashley :mopboyerik: Shhh. Mum's the word....

Edited by Aislinn

Okay, in order to attempt to get off everyone's s**t list, let me jump back in. I didn't say that we shouldn't have respect for Gerry, I love Gerry, voted my butt off for Hello, I would not spread rumors about Gerry that were hurtful. Never, never, never.

I didn't say I was upset at the mods, I'm not. Good grief, my only thought was that it shouldn't be a SECRET. We heard about Jackman and Babderas being considered for Phantom and the world didn't come to and end. It's not as tho' if we hear a false rumor we're going to get suicidal! I think we've all encountered enough "true life" disappointment, that we can handle a Gerry rumor. We've speculated on Gerry and that ol' girl from the Ischia and nothing happened. Every kind of rumor that we get our hands on gets discussed including the woman who grabbed his butt and he got upset. We talk about his ________ and nothing happens. My only point is I just don't get it.

In addition, I don't really want to see GALS deteriorate to the point that we forget this is a fan site. I think Gerry knew going into the business that there were going to be times when the wildest and most ridiculous things would be said about him. He's a big boy, he can handle it. I don't want to hear anything "bad" about Gerry that isn't true, would have a hard time tolerating it, but when it's just rumor stuff and that's the sort of thing that "E", and others, make their money on, it just seems a bit silly to me not to spill it.

I didn't mean to write a book, but please don't misunderstand; I enjoy GALS, have respect for the mods and their hard work, but most of all I'm crazy for Gerry. I just think that cloaking this sort of thing in mystery is completely unnecessary and I don't see any harm in my expressing my opinion. No one else has to agree, I'm just one ol' girl in Texas!

You think I'll be voted most popular fan on the site? Probably not. I can handle it!

Okay, in order to attempt to get off everyone's s**t list, let me jump back in. I didn't say that we shouldn't have respect for Gerry, I love Gerry, voted my butt off for Hello, I would not spread rumors about Gerry that were hurtful. Never, never, never.

You think I'll be voted most popular fan on the site? Probably not. I can handle it!

Hiya Stalow!

No worries.....the thing I love about GALS is that everyone is pretty laid back here and open to everyone having their say as long as it is said in a respectful manner. I don't think you stepped over the line in that regard.

Everyone has their own feelings about this. Frankly, I don't really see the big deal about naming the rumoured movie either ......but then I don't know what logistics are involved here. Could rumours impact salary negotiations or increase/decrease leverage for Gerry if he is considering signing to yet a third unnamed film?? Hollywood negotiations can be a delicate dance.

So......sure, I'm curious about the rumour but I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.

On a personal note, I don't think anyone that has read your posts in the past would think that you would spread hurtful or malicious rumours, so please don't feel that you have to defend yourself in that regard.

Big hug,

Simone :funnyface:

Those in favor of voting Stalow as the most popular fan on the site say, "Aye."

"Aye!"

*giggles*

Your points are well taken, and we love you Stalow! Still keeping my secret, but I love ya! :kisswink:

Dr. Em