Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Swansong

TUT Box Office

I went this aftenoon and not many people were there. With summer I figure the earlier hrs are less crowded.

Okay, I saw this twice today and both showings only had a couple of seats open.

Ren

Okay, I saw this twice today and both showings only had a couple of seats open.

Ren

When I went today it wasn't that crowded. The top three or four rows were taken, and there was little ol' me ... sitting down in the front of the wall - before all the bottom seats (know what I mean?).

This area is not good to gauge movies like this. This is the area where Beverly Hills Chihuahua was a hit.

My daughters and I saw it this afternoon. It was just great, and everyone in the theater laughed their heads off. Take that, stupid critics. I knew from what everybody has said that the dance scene was going to be great - but I didn't know how great. OMG. I could have watched him all day anad night. That man can do just about everything well. What a talent. I can't wait for this come out on DVD and then I can watch the dance all I want to!

A respectable third is great ...it's very hard for a ROMCOM to get numbers like that even though this was a different type of romcom which is why I think it did get these numbers...That and the Gals!! :p I am just a wee bit perturbed at all the mention of KH as if she was the only one on the movie!! I mean I like her and I think her role should have gotten recognition but what about Gerry?? Dang it! :kisswink:

I actually was hoping it would beat out The proposal because my second favorite actor is Sandra bullock and when it comes to comedy I think she has it all over any other female actor.... so for Tut to beat that one out would be icing on the cake!

:wave: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

When I went I saw lots of men, which I think is the biggest difference between this and a standard Rom-Com. The guys can go to this one and enjoy it without thinking they are going to a "chick-flick." My hubby certainly enjoyed it.

BTW, am I the only one who will never be able to eat a bean without dirty thoughts???

Here's an interesting fact:

http://www.hollywood.com/news/BO_Analysis_...y_Force/5674586

In third with $27 million for the weekend is Sony’s The Ugly Truth which posted the highest per-theatre average ($9,368) of any movie in the Top 10 and proves once again the power of the female audience at the box-office. With a modest reported budget of around $38 million, the Katherine Heigl, Gerard Butler R-rated romantic comedy will be another winner for the studio.

That high theater average stat is a very big deal!

Posted Image Take that critics! What do they know. The movie's doing great!

Posted Image Gerry, Katherine and Rob! Love the movie!

Hugs,

Cheryl

Edited by Paisleyscot

BTW, am I the only one who will never be able to eat a bean without dirty thoughts???

Oh no, honey. Not the only one at all! :rotflmao:

Here's an interesting fact:

In third with $27 million for the weekend is Sony's The Ugly Truth which posted the highest per-theatre average ($9,368) of any movie in the Top 10 and proves once again the power of the female audience at the box-office. With a modest reported budget of around $38 million, the Katherine Heigl, Gerard Butler R-rated romantic comedy will be another winner for the studio.

That high theater average stat is a very big deal!

:woo: That's awesome! The power of women, you betchya!

I am so happy for them!!! Just went to see it late last night and there was a decent crowd.

The movie is so-so-so cute and Gerr is adorable. I cannot wait to get this on DVD and watch it my way. I don't like going to the movies; I like to watch my movies alone.

I may go again this week...have to see it again.

A group of us went to the midnight showing on the 23rd/24th. There was a mixed audience and the theater was pretty full. There was so much laughter! I'm so happy TUT has done so well, take that you critics! I've seen it twice, going again today.

:yay::wuv:

I would have seen it more than 3 times by now if not for Comic Con on Friday and MIL's birthday on Saturday (not quite the kind of film I'd take my 88 year old MIL to see - though she might surprise me and find it hilarious)! I got on Box Office Mojo last night when I got home from my 3rd viewing and was disappointed with 3rd (only because I wanted it to beat those guinea pigs) but was thrilled overall that it held up so closely to Harry Potter in only its second weekend - and with almost 50% more per screen! The only films that came close to it were in very limited release and those usually do a huge per screen amount. I hope that the numbers are good next weekend, that can be even more telling as word-of-mouth from those who laughed their butts off gets around.

I read in one box office article that TUT did a better opening weekend than any of Katherine's movies to date! Also, that the audience was 62% female and that Katherine had picked the hottest of the hot male stars. She's smart, that Katherine! The movie is wonderful - and Gerry is superb. He literally owns the movie and the screen.

BlueJean

When I went I saw lots of men, which I think is the biggest difference between this and a standard Rom-Com. The guys can go to this one and enjoy it without thinking they are going to a "chick-flick." My hubby certainly enjoyed it.

Hey girl how's it going? I was thinking the same thing yesterday. My b/f made beans (and they were delish)... But in the middle of lunch I let out this chuckle. I could not help it, that part was so funny.

It really stinks that you can never beat out a kiddie movie, but I'm happy with 3rd. That means it was an awsome movie. The critics know nothing. That's why I don't listen to them to begin with. (oh, it's an awful movie, and very predictable, one we've seen before), who really cares. I knew from the very beginning what was going to happen at the end, and it was fine by me. What I didn't expect was, there were so many different ways to say or talk about something. I had an awsome time. This is the very first movie I've ever had to go and see more than once. And I'm gonna go see it again. Everyone I've spoken with said they liked it. People were in the movie theatre stomping, claping, and roaring with laughter. I think I might be able to say, that movie was awsome, and it spoke the truth. Thoes old movie critics no nothing. Have a great day guys! :p

The first question, in a very serious face, of my interview with Gerard Butler would be, "Gerry, were you familiar with the term, "flick... the... bean" before your role as Mike Chadway?"

Wouldn't you like to know if he had or what the Scottish version is but even better wouldn't you love to see the expression on his face when he answers? Knowing Gerry, he'd turn it around on me and ask, "were you familiar with it?" Or better yet "No, never heard of it and I still don't know what it means. Would you explain please?" :cunning:

D

I am happy to hear the numbers. After reading all the reviews I was worried.

Gerry is finally being recognized, as he should have been for some time now. I hear a lot of my friends mention him by name now, who didn't know who he was back in the Attila and Dracula 2000 days when I began my lust affair with him, LOL.

When I first Dracula 2000 I loved the movie, but I didn't really get a grasp on who he was, but I watched the movie every other day. As well as Timeline... didn't connect the dots. When I moved out here to Vegas, a month later, Attilla came on. I wanted to see it because I love movies like that, but of course, I still didn't connect the dots. Thoes movies were so good. When Attila only came on once, I was like 'Is it ever coming on again? Didn't know there was the DVD as well... but by that time, I forgot the name of the movie. A year later is when I met you GALS. Then that's when the dots were connected for me. Thanx guys! All that time I was watching the same person on TV, had a big crush on so many guys and come to find out it was the same guy... Gerry. He really can melt yer heart. Well I'm glad I met you GALS. Think my life would be very boring other wise... Thanx again. :D

The first question, in a very serious face, of my interview with Gerard Butler would be, "Gerry, were you familiar with the term, "flick... the... bean" before your role as Mike Chadway?"

Wouldn't you like to know if he had or what the Scottish version is but even better wouldn't you love to see the expression on his face when he answers? Knowing Gerry, he'd turn it around on me and ask, "were you familiar with it?" Or better yet "No, never heard of it and I still don't know what it means. Would you explain please?" :cunning:

D

I could imagine... either way, he would say something cheeky, and get away with it. He's a smart one, he is. :doh:

Yeah! The Ugly Truth is doing much better than predicted! People mag didn't give it a good review. Shows what the critics know, Nothing! It is a fun movie & is just what we need this summer.

Yes, yes, yes! Thoes critics were very quick to judge... like in the restaurant scene. They said it would never match up to the scene Meg Ryan did in When Harry Met Sally. I don't think they were trying to compete. The difference in thoes 2 scenes are the underwear and Heigl trying to give a presentation. Very big difference, and Heigl did it very well I may ad. Hats off! :bow:

There was a big difference in those two scenes where Meg Ryan was "demonstrating" and KH was actually having one and trying to hide it! No comparison! The second one was hilarious!

D

Apparently, this movie stuck with me more than I realized (after my 4 viewings over the weekend).

Today I was going over a somewhat tedious tax form at the office. It's one that Joe (my great boss) has to pay both city AND county business taxes, and while I was pondering the already exhorbitant state and federal taxes he has to pay, I exclaimed outloud to myself, "What a crock! Crock, crock, crock!"

Then it occurred to me, OMG, I said it just like Katie *giggle* Heigl in TUT!! Except she used that OTHER word sans the "r".

I had quite a giggle over that! :lmao:

Just another little reason to cheer - in yesterday's estimated weekend boxoffice both G-force and Harry Potter were projected to do slightly better than what they actually accomplished (HP was under $29.5 million vs $30 million projected) while TUT actually finished more than $600k better than projected! I love when a Gerry movie does better than expected, and that means that Sunday trended better for TUT than it did for either G-Force or Potter.

Apparently, this movie stuck with me more than I realized (after my 4 viewings over the weekend).

Today I was going over a somewhat tedious tax form at the office. It's one that Joe (my great boss) has to pay both city AND county business taxes, and while I was pondering the already exhorbitant state and federal taxes he has to pay, I exclaimed outloud to myself, "What a crock! Crock, crock, crock!"

Then it occurred to me, OMG, I said it just like Katie *giggle* Heigl in TUT!! Except she used that OTHER word sans the "r".

I had quite a giggle over that! :lmao:

:funnyup:Awesome!

Just another little reason to cheer - in yesterday's estimated weekend boxoffice both G-force and Harry Potter were projected to do slightly better than what they actually accomplished (HP was under $29.5 million vs $30 million projected) while TUT actually finished more than $600k better than projected! I love when a Gerry movie does better than expected, and that means that Sunday trended better for TUT than it did for either G-Force or Potter.

:woo:Again!!

I never pay attention to reviews. I like many movies that do not get good reviews.

I am sure I will love it as soon as I can see it. I am sure I will blush in places, but that is O.K. I will support Gerry as soon as possible and I tickled for those who have went and seen it.

Love,

Tracy