Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Swansong

TUT Box Office

Apparently, this movie stuck with me more than I realized (after my 4 viewings over the weekend).

Today I was going over a somewhat tedious tax form at the office. It's one that Joe (my great boss) has to pay both city AND county business taxes, and while I was pondering the already exhorbitant state and federal taxes he has to pay, I exclaimed outloud to myself, "What a crock! Crock, crock, crock!"

Then it occurred to me, OMG, I said it just like Katie *giggle* Heigl in TUT!! Except she used that OTHER word sans the "r".

I had quite a giggle over that! :lmao:

I got to thinking, maybe that's how Gerry acquired the infamous "rooster" cap! It might have been a gift from KH :funnyup:

D

A friend of mine had told me she was planning to see this movie, and I warned her it was pretty raunchy. She is kinda prudish, so I was worried she would be freaked out, LOL. She called me today and said, "Raunchy doesn't come close to explaining it, but I have never laughed so hard at a movie." I thought that was great.

Thinking about that salsa dance..............

How much would we like to see GB tango? The tango is a vertical expression of a horizontal desire. :yummy:

I checked out Box off Mojo today, and after just 6 days, TUT has earned $38,454,189 with a production budget of $38,000,000. That means anything else the film earns is profit! It's a HIT!! I'm so happy for Gerry and the cast and crew!! :cheer2:

:bum: Take that, critics!!!

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma

As of 30 Jul it has grossed so far $41,481,408 that is great and is bringing in over $3 mil per day so doing steady business.

Well done this is great. :yay:

Moira

Critics are STUPID! We know what's good!

I love the fact it is doing sooo well in the face of so much negative critical blathering.

My friends (here) who are not "Gerry" fans particularly LOVED the movie...I made them go with me! HEE

Cheers!

Sparty

This week Seth Rogen and Judd Apatow took shots at Katherine Heigl, mainly because she said she found aspects of Knocked Up sexist a couple of years ago, they both made disparaging remarks about TUT as well. And now it appears Funny People will only make around 22 million at the Box Office this weekend, last weekend TUT box office totals was almost 28 million. It may have been unwise of Heigl to make those remarks about a film that brought her a lot of success. But Rogen and Apatow should have shut up about that as well, now they are looking real foolish, since TUT will clearly do better then Funny People in the long run.

Yeah, I heard that with the Apatow bunch. They were feeling very smug. And although they had better reviews than TUT overall, they were still rotten at RT yesterday. It is always bad form in H'wood to bad mouth any costar, no matter the provocation, because you never know who you'll work with again or who will have gained the power in the biz. Katherine should perhaps have been discreet but the 'guys' should have kept their mouths shut as well, particularly after all this time.

Karma is a swift kick in the pants. LOL

Jane

I don't know ... I think Funny People could actually do really well. They have the success of Adam Sandler on their side, and if I didn't think this movie would make me cry I would be seeing it this weekend as well. I love Adam Sandler. I'm not a big Seth Rogan fan, though. Also, Eric Bana is in it, and while he may not be the lead, he'll be a huge draw for his fans.

I agree - actors really should not diss the movies they're in. If they don't know when they read the script what kind of movie it is, then it's kinda their problem if they don't like it at the end. I love Katie, don't get me wrong, but she really shouldn't have said that. But whatever, it's done and over and now looks like SR and JA are playing games. Too bad adults have to act like this.

Edited by phoenixgirl

Katherine Heigl is very outspoken on alot of things and has rubbed alot of people up the wrong way especially the writers on Grey's Anatomy when she said she would not put herself forward for an Emmy last year as she didn't have good material to play with. I like her as an actress and think she has a Julia Roberts feel about her and would like to see her do a dramatic film next so she is not seen as a one trick pony in movies. She can prove she can be a great dramatic actress with her various scenes in Grey's.

Moira

I just love it when the ad comes on as the number one comedy of the summer!! Or is it America?? :doh: Either way, I'm verra verra happy that it's doing soooo good!!

And to the CRITICS........STICK IT IN YOUR EAR!

:wave: Frannie

According to deadline hollywood.com TUT is 1st at the Australian box office over GI Joe

TUT made an estimated $2.2 this Friday with a possible $7 million weekend in America

According to deadline hollywood.com TUT is 1st at the Australian box office over GI Joe

wow, that's really great! :)

Edited by Jeanwhale

Some critics seem more in to impressing everyone with their ability to "pick apart" and dissect a movie and the actors, rather then judge it for it's entertainment factor. That is, in fact, all a movie is required to do. If there is a moral message in there somewhere, that's even better, but some critics get so wound up in critiquing the actors or their "chemistry" they fail to see the deeper meaning. It's akin to writing someone a love letter, pouring out your heart and soul to them but you're not a very good writer or speller, and then all they do is critisize your prose rather then appreciating the content.

D

There’s a pack mentally with most film critics, they attend special screenings with other critics and seldom see a movie in a large audience with regular movie goers. They don’t attend sneak previews or special screenings where at least they can get a feel for how that audience is reacting, which is very important if the movie is a comedy. And some are sloppy, they don’t even seem to pay attention to the movie there’re reviewing, missing key plot points, misquoting lines.

That being said I’m noticing TUT is getting a somewhat larger share of positive reviews from the UK, which I find interesting, possibly a reaction to the drubbing the movie got here. Or maybe a more realistic understating of what the movie is meant to be, light entertainment.

I’m also going to see TUT this weekend, for the 3rd and last time. And then I wait for the DVD!

It's akin to writing someone a love letter, pouring out your heart and soul to them but you're not a very good writer or speller, and then all they do is critisize your prose rather then appreciating the content.

D

Or give you a vocabulary lesson when you tell them you love them! :kisswink:

Suzie

It's akin to writing someone a love letter, pouring out your heart and soul to them but you're not a very good writer or speller, and then all they do is critisize your prose rather then appreciating the content.

D

Or give you a vocabulary lesson when you tell them you love them! :kisswink:

Suzie

:funnyup:

I googled for the box office figure for TUT - and the info I got said that as of Aug. 6, TUT had grossed $62,088,132 - which is very, very good! So there you are, critics everywhere!

BlueJean

It was such a pivotal moment in the movie when Craig Ferguson asked Mike who had hurt him! BINGO! That was the whole point! Mike's misogyny and macho image was nothing but a facade and a repressed hositility towards his relationships. Perhaps those traits in him pushed away his relationships or maybe he discovered his methods and mindset didn't always work. Abby discovered that too and it brought the two extreme opposites together! Shows anything's possible.

D

1. "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra," $56.2 million.

2. "Julie & Julia," $20.1 million.

3. "G-Force," $9.8 million.

4. "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," $8.9 million.

5. "Funny People," $7.9 million.

6. "The Ugly Truth," $7 million.

Still in the top ten and opening in more theaters!!! Total just below $70 million. Congrats and :nanana: to the critics!

So if my brain is operating correctly Ugly Truth is up $32 million or 1.84% from its cost to make, Harry Potter is up $23 million or .9% from its cost to make, Public Enemies is down $5 million or a negative .95% from its cost to make, and the Proposal is up $114 million or 3.85% from its cost to make.

Let's hear it for Romantic Comedies!!!

:goodjob:

Or I guess we could say that if your movie has a large budget it is going to take a lot to make up that amount at the box office no matter how many people go to see it... OR we could say that if you were Buena Vista and you spent over $300 million to make the movie G-Force you would be kicking yourself right now... a movie that has brought in $86 million to date - $214+ million shy of what it cost Disney to make the movie.

Edited by Lady Ski Bum