Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Swansong

TUT Box Office

Come on, let's not say it is at "just below $70 million" - give TUT it's proper due - in its 3rd weekend the domestic gross hit

$69 million (actually $69,088,000)

Now isn't that a most appropriate number for this film to hit?

:lmao:

:clap:

Good one, Susan! That's about the only thing they DIDN'T talk about in the film! :lol:

Jane

Come on, let's not say it is at "just below $70 million" - give TUT it's proper due - in its 3rd weekend the domestic gross hit

$69 million (actually $69,088,000)

Now isn't that a most appropriate number for this film to hit?

That is a great number, the movie has been really successful (in spite of the critics).... I have been looking forward to the info about foreign box offices (especially U.K. and Australia).

Edited by Skatingfan03

There’s a pack mentally with most film critics, they attend special screenings with other critics and seldom see a movie in a large audience with regular movie goers. They don’t attend sneak previews or special screenings where at least they can get a feel for how that audience is reacting, which is very important if the movie is a comedy. And some are sloppy, they don’t even seem to pay attention to the movie there’re reviewing, missing key plot points, misquoting lines.

Absolutely Rubee. And another reason they may misquote lines or miss key points? They haven't seen it at all but are relying on another reviewer's review!

1. "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra," $56.2 million.

2. "Julie & Julia," $20.1 million.

3. "G-Force," $9.8 million.

4. "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," $8.9 million.

5. "Funny People," $7.9 million.

6. "The Ugly Truth," $7 million.

Still in the top ten and opening in more theaters!!! Total just below $70 million. Congrats and :nanana: to the critics!

So if my brain is operating correctly Ugly Truth is up $32 million or 1.84% from its cost to make, Harry Potter is up $23 million or .9% from its cost to make, Public Enemies is down $5 million or a negative .95% from its cost to make, and the Proposal is up $114 million or 3.85% from its cost to make.

Let's hear it for Romantic Comedies!!!

:goodjob:

Or I guess we could say that if your movie has a large budget it is going to take a lot to make up that amount at the box office no matter how many people go to see it... OR we could say that if you were Buena Vista and you spent over $300 million to make the movie G-Force you would be kicking yourself right now... a movie that has brought in $86 million to date - $214+ million shy of what it cost Disney to make the movie.

I agree with your math. But these figures are only domestic gross. The world-wide box office may tell a very different story.

:lmao:

:clap:

Good one, Susan! That's about the only thing they DIDN'T talk about in the film!

Jane

Darn it! :lol: Susan, leave it to you to figure that out.

:goodjob:

Okay.....it took me all day to get that joke. What a dork.

I'm going for a walk. I obviously need to clear my head. I see too many #s during the day. Why do I work in finance again? It's so counterintuitive to my personality.

Later,

Ren

Okay.....it took me all day to get that joke. What a dork.

I'm going for a walk. I obviously need to clear my head. I see too many #s during the day. Why do I work in finance again? It's so counterintuitive to my personality.

Later,

Ren

:lmao:Oh man ...

:funnyup: That a girl Susan.....you know who likes a Woman on top!! :kisswink:

I'm surprised as to how many of my male customers ( at the bar) are now Gerry fans...as a matter of fact one of them is borrowing Beo and Attila tomorrow...I made him sign a contract!! I'll own his house if I don't get them back! :D

I'm kind of waiting to see the whole kitten kaboodle myself! At the end of the day ....I'd say it made a few Bucks! and it's still Bucking!

:wave: Frannie

It usually takes until around Wednesday for Box Office Mojo to pick up the take from the international markets - obviously it will go up then. I'm gonna have to go see it again this week, just because I can (and to do penance for going to see Harry Potter yesterday instead of TUT again).

BTW Ren - I work with numbers all day too - I'm a Controller - so maybe that's exactly why I DO pick up on those things!

I'm surprised as to how many of my male customers ( at the bar) are now Gerry fans...as a matter of fact one of them is borrowing Beo and Attila tomorrow...I made him sign a contract!! I'll own his house if I don't get them back!

:funnyup:

Frannie....that a girl!!!! LMAO!!!

Most Box Office predictions for this weekend had TUT falling off the top ten list, well, no it's hanging in there!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=58124

In eighth place, the Sony comedy The Ugly Truth, pitting Katherine Heigl against Gerard Butler, took in $4.5 million to bring its total to $77.5 million.

Most Box Office predictions for this weekend had TUT falling off the top ten list, well, no it's hanging in there!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=58124

In eighth place, the Sony comedy The Ugly Truth, pitting Katherine Heigl against Gerard Butler, took in $4.5 million to bring its total to $77.5 million.

It is so great!!! I know that Gamer will be a huge box office hit as well. So exciting......

I'm surprised as to how many of my male customers ( at the bar) are now Gerry fans...as a matter of fact one of them is borrowing Beo and Attila tomorrow...I made him sign a contract!! I'll own his house if I don't get them back! :D

Frannie,

It is so nice of you that you let them borrow you DVDs. I am so scared to give it to anybody. RNR is the only one I gave to my co-worker.

The only reason is that she is Irish, her hubby is English and she wanted to rent from Neflix. I had to lend it to her. :lol:

Total Box Office to date (worldwide) $90,403,685.

Again to movie critics.......................:funnyup:

Edited by Lady Ski Bum

Interesting how it is at 90 mil but not much is said about TUT. The critics can go to ****! Guys like the movie because they know they have been like Mike! Girls like the movie for information about guys & because they realize that sometimes girls are the same as guys! Great movie!

***doing Abbie cheesy happy dance!!!***

:) :) :):pointy::yahoo:

Believe it or not, I first found Gerry through a male friend! We were at Best Buy together, and they had a bunch of new movies on crazy sale ($7.99 for movies that had been out for less than a year!). He picked up P.S. I Love You and was going to buy it but then decided that he couldn't afford it. I remembered from trailers that I had wanted to see it, so I bought it, and we watched it together that night. He admitted to me that Gerry was his "man crush," and that seeing Gerry in 300 was what motivated him to go to the gym everyday. :) Anyway, P.S. I Love You was the movie that made me fall in love with Gerry.

So you see, Gerry has quite a fanbase among straight males! :p

Stephanie

I love it! I predicted 100 million and it hasn't hit Asia yet!

I love it! I predicted 100 million and it hasn't hit Asia yet!

I hope the movie will do better than 100 million as even PSILY made 156 million worldwide:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=psiloveyou.htm

Or did you mean 100 million domestic, perhaps? When will the movie hit Asia?

Edited by Skatingfan03

I think it's a safe bet that TUT will surpass PSILY!

Already over 90 million worldwide in less than a month release, holding in the top 10 in the USA and we haven't even thought about DVD sales and rentals. Movie is a bonafide hit for a mid summer R rated RomCom.

And still on the Top Ten according to this weeks Box Office tally:

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/

Here's the TOP 10:

1. Inglourious Basterds (TWC/Uni) NEW [3,165], $38M Wkd

2. District 9 (Sony) Week 2 [3,050], $18.8M Wkd, Cume $73.4M

3. GI Joe (Paramount) Week 3 [3,953], $12.5M Wkd, Cume $120.5M

4. Time Traveler's Wife (NL/WB) Week 2 [2,988], $10M Wkd, Cume $37.4M

5. Julie & Julia (Sony) Week 3 [2,463], $9M Wkd, Cume $59.3M

6. Shorts (WB) NEW [3,105], $6.5M Wkd

7. G-Force (Disney) Week 5 [2,561], $6M Wkd

8. Harry Potter/Half Prince (WB) Week 6 [1,971], $3.5M Wkd

9. Post Grad (Fox) NEW [1,959], $3.3 Wkd

10. Ugly Truth (Sony) Week 5 [1,936], $2.6M Wkd, Cume $82.6M

Foreign Box office is about $12 million so we're looking to close to 95 million overall, it won't be long until the movie tops $100 million.

Edited by Rubee815