Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Songbird

GALS Charitable Foundation announces total amount raised

On behalf of GALS Charitable Foundation, its officers and volunteers, I am absolutely thrilled to announce the final proceeds from the funds raised during the 4th Annual Gerard Butler Fan Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada.

$12,415.65

THANK YOU, all of you, from the bottom of our full and overflowing hearts for your overwhelming generosity! We had 63 attendees this year as compared to 134 last year. We felt that our lower numbers were due to the economic downturn. But that didn't stop those in attendance, and those who participated in the fundraising aspect of the Virtual Con, from digging deep and exceeding the amounts raised in previous years, and rightly so, for a most worthy cause, The Shade Tree Shelter.

This figure does NOT include, in part, the following:

$200 in PetCo gift cards for food for the fur babies living at Noah's Animal House (donated anonymously by a generous fan. ;) Thank you!

- donated GALS Charitable Foundation T-shirts

- donated Gerard Butler Fan Convention swag bags

- donated items of need from the list available at www.theshadetree.org

- donated individual toiletry items that are provided to the ladies when they first arrive at the shelter.

- and much much more!

For more information on how you can help The Shade Tree through GALS Charitable Foundation, click here, and here.

THANK YOU!

:goodjob:

Love,

Katie

Thanks KT for letting us know. Well done GALS!!!

That is so awesome! GALS really are the best.

That is amazing! :pointy: I am SO proud of everyone and am proud to be part of such a wonderful group of GALS. Great work and thanks again to those who worked so hard to organize the event!!!

That is PHANTASTIC!!!!

That's wonderful news! :yay:

Oh my God! This is great news. We done good, GALS!

Sara

OMG Katie! I am verra impressed with me fellow GALS!!!

Ladies, you should be proud. We done good!!!

This is amazing. Congrats all round.

Moira

That is fantastic!!

:clap:

Well done, all!!

WOOT! That's wonderful!!!! :penguin:

I'll wager Gerry will be very proud of those numbers when he hears about this. As for myself, this is the reason I am honored to be a GAL!!

Suzie

That is excellent news. Great job ladies Great job! :D

Cassie

Awesome job! Such a worthy cause, and I agree that Gerry will be very proud if/when he hears about it.

VerY Impressive, I'm inspired to do my part!!! and I will as soon as I get tuition pamyments out of the way...DQ

Awesome job! Such a worthy cause, and I agree that Gerry will be very proud if/when he hears about it.

He'll hear about it.

:funnyup: From your fingertips to God's Ears! :lol:

Do you know something we don't know, Miss S?

Ah well, I know that the efforts weren't made FOR Gerry or to get back to Gerry (although there may be some bitter naysayers who accuse us of that). Gerry definitely has a 'role' in it, because it's wonderful to receive a memento he's attached to, while at the same time, giving to worthy charities. I've always felt that made it a win-win situation!

Gerry made that wonderful statement in his message for the convention, that he was touched and inspired by what we do (which I like to believe included our charitable endeavors) and that's priceless, and enough...to hear his acknowledgment and that he "gets" us.

:thankyou: Gerry!

Ladies ~

I am so very thrilled with the amount we have raised for The Shade Tree Shelter! Seriously, I have been doing a wild happy dance since finding out! :pointy:

:thankyou: to all you amazingly generous members and non-members alike.

I have to say, this year has been...trying, to say the least, but this news has made my spirit soar and I thank you all for it!

:hugs:

Dayna

Ladies ~

I am so very thrilled with the amount we have raised for The Shade Tree Shelter! Seriously, I have been doing a wild happy dance since finding out! :pointy:

:thankyou: to all you amazingly generous members and non-members alike.

I have to say, this year has been...trying, to say the least, but this news has made my spirit soar and I thank you all for it!

:hugs:

Dayna

Dayna, do mean "spazzy dance" ? (my new favorite phrase)

Ahhh....but Dayna is the Dancing Queen so her dancing is never spazzy! Me, on the other hand - that's the only kind of dance I can do! I am thrilled that with our much lower attendance we still broke our previous record for most raised, now THAT's worth a dance - spazzy or not!!!!!!!!!!! (I need a 12-step program for people addicted to exclamation marks!!!)

THANK YOU, all of you, from the bottom of our full and overflowing hearts for your overwhelming generosity! We had 63 attendees this year as compared to 134 last year. We felt that our lower numbers were due to the economic downturn. But that didn't stop those in attendance, and those who participated in the fundraising aspect of the Virtual Con, from digging deep and exceeding the amounts raised in previous years, and rightly so, for a most worthy cause, The Shade Tree Shelter.

I'm all ger-klempt. Am SO PROUD of ALL OF US! Although our group was more "intimate" than in past years, I can say that we had just about every Gerry website represented (including a few newbies who didn't belong to ANY Gerry fansite *GASP*!) I just love when we come together to honor Gerry AND further our gerritable causes!

Way to go, TEAM GERRY!!

Hol

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You ladies are awesome. Looking forward to next year

:wave: Unbelievable for our small group!! I am saving for next year already!! Great people and a wonderful charity! I am so happy to be part of this :pointy:

Me, too, Donna! Refilling the Las Vegas "girls night out" jar every week!