Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

7/30 - Gerard Butler: 'Gamer' action makes '300' look like 'a walk in the park'

from: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomple...d-to-gamer.html

Gerard Butler: 'Gamer' action makes '300' look like 'a walk in the park'

06:12 PM PT, Jul 30 2009

After a brief jaunt through chick-flick land, Gerard Butler is going back to the bloody battlefields.

The actor who so memorably led the Spartans to a dinner date in hell in "300" is starring this September in "Gamer," the latest movie from "Crank" codirectors Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor. Butler said the thriller is so intense and violent, that it makes the saga of King Leonidas look like a summer stroll in sandals.

"It makes '300' look like a walk in the park, " Butler said of the film that merges online gaming culture with a plot that might remind some fans of futuristic gladiator fantasy of The Running Man. "It exists in a world where gaming and technology have melded into one and morality has gone out the window."

Butler, speaking during a press day for the R-rated romantic comedy "The Ugly Truth," said "Gamer" is stylish in its ultra-violence. "It feels," he said, "like the coolest art-house action film."

Read the entire article here

Oh yes, "Gamer" is going to be a far cry from "TUT". Nice to have three movies in a row that are totally different from each other. "LAC" being the third. Can't wait to see "GAMER"!!! and "LAC"!!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Back to back Gerry movies is awesome,lots of stocking stuffers for Christmas!

I really loved TUT,but I have to admit and please don't throw rotten veggies at me :) ...but I am really kind of looking forward more to Gamer. I am not a chick-flick type of chick...I really like action movies alot. And from seeing the trailer...it looks like it's going to be really awesome.

Can't wait to see him in action form!!! I know this will be good!!!

Although I am not really a fan of action films, I am looking forward to seeing Gamer very much, too. In our country, it is going to be released the same day as TUT (Sept. 17), so I am tempted to go and see both films in the same day!!! :wave::wave::wave:

Gamer is soooooooo my kind of movie. Can't wait. Hate to confess but haven't seen TUT. But what I would love the most is another Phantom or Dear Frankie. A drama. He's so good an actor.

Although I am not really a fan of action films, I am looking forward to seeing Gamer very much, too. In our country, it is going to be released the same day as TUT (Sept. 17), so I am tempted to go and see both films in the same day!!! :wave::wave::wave:

Oh, that would be sooo much fun! Gerry double feature. If TUT is still playing here when Gamer comes out I might have to do the same thing! :)

I like to see Gerry's physicality. He seems to put some kind of physical movement in his movies. Even in PSILY, he did a striptease! He is very cool! I think the fact that he enjoys doing his own stunts comes through in his acting.

I love all the roles he plays because he's a great actor. But The Phantom is a classic movie... it will last forever and ever.

I can't wait to see Gamer, too.

:wave:

I'll have to wait and see what I think of Gamer but I adore 300. This film is amongst my all time favourites. Gerard was superb, not just physically but as the character of Leonidas and the whole production just blew me away.