Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

8/3 - The Untouchables Prequel - In need of a young Capone

Maybe Lisa, but you would have to toughen or dirty him up a bit. Hey he's from the UK too.

Edited by Paisleyscot

I think they could have a really BIG money making movie if they got Leo on board. Of course, he would cost a lot of $$$ and GB isn't working for chicken feed anymore, either!! It is usually more'about the money and financial "risk" than anything else, which is frustrating for moviemakers

as well as us--the people who fill the seats in the theaters. Yes, I think LD would be a great choice.

J.

I'm making a prediction....It's gonna be LD! :kisswink: He kinda reminds me of Gerry because he changes his appearance all the time for different roles and he plays the the Hell out of them... That's my story and I'm sticking to it!! :cunning:

:wave: Frannie

Frannie I'm inclined to agree with you Young Leo could pull it off and bring major box office mojo but now I'm kind of stumped about who else culd be menancing enough yet believable.wow now i'm gonna be up all night...

Maybe James McAvoy, if he could do a Chicago accent? Hey two scots in the lead roles!

I was thinking of him before, but I think he's too small. Not a fan of Leonardo DiCaprio in the role. I think he's too baby faced! Ya know who I think could do it well? Eric Bana. He's a tad too old for the character, but he still looks quite young if he covers the gray in his hair. He's got the dark coloring that I think is necessary for the continuity with DeNiro's Capone, and has a quiet serious air to him that I think would work well.

That's my vote.

Leo DiCaprio is the only person other than DeNiro who could carry off Capone. I have no doubt that HRH would be the best Malone ever. Now, can you just imagine the interaction between DiCaprio and Butler on the screen???!!! We're talking Oscar here for both...

I think that young Leonardo was a wonderful actor with lots of charisma and glow. After he became adult he somehow lost all that, in my opinion. Nowadays I avoid movies where he appears. Of course if Mr. Butler would appear with him, that would be another matter, LOL.

I must admit, neither Ben or Leo, fine actors though they may be, say "Capone" to me, at all. No pretty people. Only thuggish louts need apply. There must be thuggish louts in Hollywood? One would think the casting offices would be full of them! :D

Jane

I must admit, neither Ben or Leo, fine actors though they may be, say "Capone" to me, at all. No pretty people. Only thuggish louts need apply. There must be thuggish louts in Hollywood? One would think the casting offices would be full of them! :D

Jane

Maybe what will happen is an unknown will play Capone? I still think Leo could pull it off, though. He's not pretty anymore. This is fun, though ... :lol:

I was so excited when this news first broke out and I guess it's one of those things where we have to wait forever for just like BURNS

I WISH he does this too :)

What a brilliant idea! Leo would be perfect and would not overshadow Gerry. They appeal to different audiences and sound like a dream team.

BTW, am I the only one to take offence in the remark that "Butler is not a big enough markee name"? As if Cage is? Come on!!!!!!!!!

This and BURNS are two films that I wish would get completed! :tantrum:

:erik: Erik's Ebony Eyes :phantom:

Capone = MARK STRONG

He'd need to put on some weight, but he'd be perfect.

Capone = MARK STRONG

He'd need to put on some weight, but he'd be perfect.

Unfortunately, he's too old.

Nick Cage, who is only a year younger than Mark Strong, was the first choice for the role. So maybe the age thing is not that important in Capone's casting.

Mark Strong would be a far better choice than Nick Cage, IMO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/content/images/...rry_396x222.jpg

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

Nick Cage, who is only a year younger than Mark Strong, was the first choice for the role. So maybe the age thing is not that important in Capone's casting.

Mark Strong would be a far better choice than Nick Cage, IMO

Swannie

Oh that's true!!!! Okay then ... I think Mark would be GREAT in the role. :D

Phillip Seymour Hoffman. He's two years older than Gerry but much younger than NC and isn't too "pretty".

D

:omg: The thought of Mark Strong in that role makes me :swoon: He would be amazing. :heat: Deadly combination, those two.

Leo could pull off that role as well but I can't get past Mark Strong now. :poof:

I have to think about Phillip Seymour Hoffman. I can't quite picture him in the role but he is so flipping talented, you just know he would do an outstanding job. I sure hope they make this movie. *crossing fingers*

PSH is a great actor, no doubt, but also doesn't have the "look".

Yeah, now that Mark Strong is "out there", it's gonna be hard to top him. :lol:

Added image link to my post. Anyone got Gerry's number? I'll call him and make the suggestion. LOL!

Swannie

Al Capone was not an attractive man and I realize in Hollywood, it's hard to find men that are just average looking dudes! Mark Strong seems way too good looking even though he's got that edgy look about him. Al Capone looked like a pudgy thug (no offense to PSH) I just think with a little make up and a great actor, you've got Capone. I just can't think of any younger actors that even come close to his looks. The reason I thought Robert Pattinson would be good was because of his wiki pic. He looks like a smooth criminal! He'd just need to be fattened up a bit but since when does a vampire not look "edgy"?

I'd also think that if he wasn't way too old, Ralph Macchio could do it but everytime I see that face I can't help remembering, "waxa on, waxa off"! :funnyup:

D

Edited by GBPhanatic

He looks like a smooth criminal! He'd just need to be fattened up a bit but since when does a vampire not look "edgy"?

D

When he's made to look like pretty diamonds sparkling in the sun. :rotflmao:

PSH is a great actor, no doubt, but also doesn't have the "look".

Yeah, now that Mark Strong is "out there", it's gonna be hard to top him. :lol:

Wouldn't mind tryin' though.

Oops. You meant in that part. My bad...

:gutter:

*slinks away*

Added image link to my post.

Holy CARP, Swannie!! Now you're just trying to kill me! :poof:

:heat:

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm ready to scooch down on the couch with some popcorn and watch this flick RIGHT NOW!

Git 'er done boys.

It will be interesting to see who they choose. Pattison is a little too much of a "pretty boy" for my own tastes but I've been surprised before. :lol: Strong does have that edge and while sexy he isn't "pretty", if that makes sense. It's fun to think of the possibilities. Love this. I'll bet casting folks have fun brainstorming.

He looks like a smooth criminal! He'd just need to be fattened up a bit but since when does a vampire not look "edgy"?

D

When he's made to look like pretty diamonds sparkling in the sun. :rotflmao:

Hey, I'll have you know, that part scared the crap out of me! :unsure:

D

JILL!! :lol: I like the way you think! :cunning:

I wonder if this is what casting directors do. Sit around and throw out a bunch of names and everyone yays or nays. What a fun job!