Gerard Butler GALS

8/5 - Gerry and the chippy

becozy

from: http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/n...Butler.htmlUNKY movie star Gerard Butler has confessed he had NO IDEA who Paolo Nutini

was until this week - even though he has spent a few quid in his old man's

chippy.

I met up with the Hollywood A-lister at the premiere for his new rom com The

Ugly Truth and talked about his roots in Paisley.

And he admitted that he hadn't had time to listen to any of soul star Paolo's

tunes but he did go to the singer's family's chippy in the town centre.

He said: "People keep telling me about Paolo, it has been happening for a long

time.

"I hadn't ever heard his music until a couple of days ago when I saw him being

advertised. He's really good.

"I had no idea he was from Paisley. I'm sure I must have spent a few quid

in his dad's shop many times. I love a good old-fashioned poke of chips."

And Gerard confessed to getting a bit too fond of the deep-fried favourite

when he was filming 2004 flick Dear Frankie.

He added: "When I did Dear Frankie, throughout the movie they were always

talking about fish and chips.

read the entire article (there's more and photo, too!): here

Apple pie & ice cream??? I feel my arse spreading just THINKING about eating that!! lol lol lol

The Divine Miss S :rose:

Gerry is a A-lister and it is about time.We already knew that though! :wuv: Dear Frankie is my favorite Gerry movie and it was fish and chips all day.I love fish chips..I have fond memories of going to Arthur Treacher's as a young girl but I'm sure it doesn't compare!

I now have a craving for fish & chips w/ salt & vinegar. I love it and haven't had it in a long time.

Note: Do not read article if you haven't had dinner.

I love Dear Frankie and on many days it's my favorite G movie, but it depends on my mood. I always cry during this movie no matter how many times I see it. As I've said many times......goober.....me.

Ren

Gerry........Marlon Brando?!?!.................NO......WAY.....

Edited by Rendita

Now there's an article I can sink my teeth into! (no pun intended) I think he has mentioned before about his gaining and dropping weight for different roles and also the pie and ice cream...YUMMO! I'm on such a diet but I like to say it ...pie and ice cream... yeah! But really...big as Marlon Brando Gerry?? I think not!! :p

Thanks Barb ....great find!

:wave: Frannie

That's funny about the Paolo Nutini thing because when Gerry did that Earth Day concert thing a couple summers ago, I was driving the limo all day and the only moment, like 5 minutes, that I had to listen to it on the radio was the Paolo Nutini segment. And I already had his CD and love it.

I had no idea he was Scottish. :wuv:

I LOVED this article. And isn't there that bit in Frankie about -- "your Scottish, so you'll know all about frying...."

I have FOND memories of fish and chips in the UK (multiple places) over the years--- but particularly a really greasy order (Aberdeen) in newspaper --- with the printer's ink still on it!!! My hands were black as night and transferred on to everything that I was wearing. GAD. That was way back in the early 70's -- been in plain paper ever since then.

Good times. Good article!

Jill

Edited by auntm

Speaking of Marlon Brando, Gerry does remind me somewhat of a young Marlon Brando, not the Godgather version though. He was hot as Superman's father, Jorelle (sp).

D

Edited by GBPhanatic

That line about Marlon Brando cracked me up - I though "yeah, about as big as Marlon Brando in A Streetcar Named Desire" or "On the Waterfront". Then I giggled more thinking "oh THAT'S why he sometimes disappears for a couple of months and we see no pictures".

I had wondered at what point he had a stalker - I remember he said it was when he was filming in Canada but since I knew he filmed "300" and "Timeline" there I hadn't thought it would be as far back as "Dracula 2000". How did anyone really know him yet then - someone who watched him on British TV like in Lucy Sullivan maybe? I'm glad that was like 10 years ago and not more recent.

You know Susan, if he meant the young Marlon Brando, I might be able to go along w/ it, but somehow I thought more of the Apocalypse Now version of Marlon Brando.

No, no, no, no. Can't let that go. Not even remotely accurate.

Ren

I love the Scottish terms for things. A poke of chips. The chippy is a restaurant! Very funny! I would love to go to Scotland!

I like that he also calls it a poke of chips - it is a scottish slang for bag ie poke of chips poke of sweets. When we were younger we'd all say we are off to the shops for a poke :lmao:

Moira

Everytime I hear that term"Poke" it makes me think of my Grandpa,they use that word alot up in the hills here in Tennessee.

Gosh,I could eat my weight in fish and chips...particularly the fish. Apple pie sounds good about now too....too near lunch to be reading about food :lol: