Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Xan

Heir apparent?

All the talk about GB's new films, especially Gamer, and the numerous mentions of him as an A lister got me thinking whether he hasn't become the heir apparent to the action hero crown. I mean my beloved Harrison Ford has more or less retired, Stallone's gone, Arnold is the govenator, I mean who else is there but GB to play the bigger than life heroes? I know he can do more than convincingly wield a sword, but I just don't think there is anyone in films today who can be so convincing as a man of action. I mean when I see this guy on screen (even in TUT), he completely convinces me that he is capable of doing heroic deeds and having armies follow him into battle. He is also completely convincing as someone with a heart and a first rate mind. Yeah, the whole package. There just isn't anyone else that has this combination of talents. I think within the next couple of years he is going to put Pitt, Cruise, and Clooney in the shade. He might even finally convince People magazine to make him the sexiest man alive. :kisswink:

Edited by Xan

While I think you are right I don't think Gerry wants to pidgeon hole himself in any genre of film. Like you pointed out all the ones famous for being action movie heroes are hitting pensionable age now :lmao:

Gerry is a manly man and there just aint that many of them out there in Hollywood today.

Moira

There's always that hope, Xan. :wuv:

However, I would hate for his vast acting talents to be lost by the wayside of "action hero" star status.

I'm glad that he has the production company. I assume that it will give him more control over role selection, and he will be better able to stay on course for his own career map/goals.

While I think you are right I don't think Gerry wants to pidgeon hole himself in any genre of film. Like you pointed out all the ones famous for being action movie heroes are hitting pensionable age now:lmao:

Gerry is a manly man and there just aint that many of them out there in Hollywood today.

Moira

ITA I hope he never gets pigeon holed, but I was just thinking that there really is no one in his age bracket that covers all the bases the way he does. Surely, Hollywood will finally notice.

I think Gerry is a very good business man and it would not surprise me if a decent script and a good pay check is sent his way he will do a certain amount of them to help fund the films he really wants to do via Evil Twins. Sometimes you just have to compromise to be able to do what you really want deep down. :wuv:

Moira

This reminds me of the producer/director's comments about Gerard in the special features of the dvd on "Attila." He said something to the effect that he's a man's man..who can convincingly portray a leader in battle...yet also convincingly play a romantic lead. He has it all."(This is actually paraphrased, so I'll have to go back and watch that part again.O Then the man said that Gerard was the likes of Tom Cruise or Mel Gibson...Yum...

One of the reviewers of TUT compared him to a "young Mel Gibson"...but Gerard does indeed have it all: athleticism, courage, handsomeness, a sense of humor, believability in every role, romantic actions...and he's so funny!!! Plus, he can dance and sing....Did anyone see the Australian interview when he giggles and tries to do the robot? I could just watch/listen to him 24/7.

My love is, as they say, more than yesterday, and less than tomorrow.

Cliche or not...I love this guy!

Poptart