Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
evd

Were can I buy that multi-colored beaded bracelet?

I'd love to make one of those Pandora bracelets for myself. How many beads and spacers would I need to make a 7" bracelet? :unsure:

I'd love to make one of those Pandora bracelets for myself. How many beads and spacers would I need to make a 7" bracelet? :unsure:

I have 8 big glass beads and 14 smaller silver ones. The sizes vary. I like those big glass beads, maybe later I will get a bracelet with only those.

I got the silver chain on ebay, for $8 and just ordered 2 little boys and a little girl for a couple of bucks to put on my bracelet. They will represent my children.

I was going to put a picture of a bracelet I made with almost the same materials as in Gerry's bracelet - in looking at it closer, it's made with both wooden and Trollbeads, and I was able to find beads that are almost identical to the ones in Gerry's bracelet, but the Trollbeads are knock offs, as the real ones are so expensive. But the bracelet turned out wonderfully well, and as near to Gerry's as I believe, can get. However, when I put the picture from My Pictures into Photobucket and tried to put it here, it came out HUGE, almost the entire page, even though I have it set in Photobucket at 150 x 75 size. I have no idea how to get the picture here in a reasonable size, I have tried a half dozen times, and it comes out way too big each time. If someone can give me some guidance, I'll post the picture here.

Thanks...

Tense

Edited by Phantom's Lady Rose

Tense,

Go to the picture, you'll see right below it a box where you can pick different things to highlight, there should be a little check box within the left hand corner of all the HTMLS & such. Check mark it. Scroll down to the bottom of the PB page & look for the blue blocks. Click on generate HTML. Once you have boxes of mumbo jumbo, go to the 3rd section from the top, highlight it & post it here. It should come out as a clickable thumbnail.

WOW Andrea that's gorgeous!

Lisa thanks for sharing the picture. Isaboo that bracelet is FABULOUS! I could also wear it when up on stage for my dancing I do for a local band. The girls complain I don't have enough jewelry. The ONE bracelet I do have is a very expensive charm bracelet with fragile sterling silver charms. I'm always running my fingers over it to make sure they are all still attached. Plus it tends to snag in my hair.

This is a fantastic every day piece, looks easy to put on by myself without frustration and double for Gerry loving & for wearing when I do my shows. SWEET! So what do I need to do to talk to you about one of your fab bracelets?

:hugs:

Sapphyre

Thank you, Sapphyre, I think I got it. I wanted to post a picture of the bracelet I made that is pretty close to Gerry's bracelet. I was able to find beads very similar to the ones on his bracelet and it looks pretty good, I think. His bracelet is at least 4-5 years old, as we have seen it for many years, and bead styles, colors, and patterns change with the years, but some stay at least similar. Anyway, this is the best copy version I could come up with. The glass beads on the bracelet are Trollbead knock-offs that I was able to find, and are pretty good imitations. The silver spacers are pretty close to the ones on Gerry's bracelet, and with the exception of not being able to find the yellow striped bead, the rest is pretty much the same as his. All in all, I have less than $10.00 in this bracelet.

Thanks again for the good instructions....

Tense

Edited by Phantom's Lady Rose

Well it's not clickable, the picture. You put it in your signature line. You can put it in your post as that might help. You siggy goes where you put the picture.

Looks amazing though!

I put the picture in as a siggie, because I have no idea how to put a picture in otherwise, I can do siggies and Avatars, but I've never put a picture in just regular before.

T.....

That bracelet is so cute and it does look like Gerr's. Good job.

What did you use as a chain?

That bracelet is so cute and it does look like Gerr's. Good job.

What did you use as a chain?

It's on double stranded elastic cord (white), and I put a double magnetic closure on it, so you can open it up to put it on, or just slide it on via the elastic cords. It's very sturdy with the double elastic, it's not going to break, but the magnetic closure gives it a bit more oomph. In order to get beads that were anywhere near the ones on Gerry's bracelet, since it's a combination of wooden and glass beads, some of them rather odd shaped, I had to go through both craft stores in our area (Ft. Walton Beach, Destin, Pensacola, Panama City, Florida), as well as about 20 on line bead outlets. Most did not have the right beads, I finally narrowed it down to about 6 on line outlets as well as the craft stores in my area of Florida and finally came up with a reasonable facimille of what Gerry's bracelet had. The red and yellow wooden beads only have the white dots, I was not able to find any wooden beads with any other color on them anywhere, even in overseas bead outlets. The silver spacers were relatively easy, as well as the imitation Trollbeads for the glass editions. All in all, it worked well, and is as close as I could come up to what he has. I'm satisfied with it.

Thanks...

Wow, who would thinkthat those beads are so hard to find?

Do you guys think/know that bracelet is Gerr's or it was just in the movie?

Wow, who would thinkthat those beads are so hard to find?

Do you guys think/know that bracelet is Gerr's or it was just in the movie?

The bracelet is Gerry's, he had it long before PSILY, acutally it has been around for at least 4-5 years...maybe even longer. I think a fan made it for him during or right after POTO...but it's his and he has had it for quite a while...he hasn't worn it lately, though, a lot of his older jewelry he hasn't worn in a while.

PLR....

He hasn't been wearing a lot of jewelry lately. wonder why.

OMG Great JOb on the bracelet!!!!!! It looks just like Gerry's!!

Thank you, GerryLady...

It's pretty close, not totally exact, but as close as I could get to it. The wooden beads on his have a touch of green in them. I could not find any anywhere with anything other than white on them (the red and yellow wooden ones). So I had to settle for those, but they worked out pretty well. It's pretty close, and I'm pleased with it.

PLR....

Thank you, GerryLady...

It's pretty close, not totally exact, but as close as I could get to it. The wooden beads on his have a touch of green in them. I could not find any anywhere with anything other than white on them (the red and yellow wooden ones). So I had to settle for those, but they worked out pretty well. It's pretty close, and I'm pleased with it.

PLR....

Well its beautiful!!!

This thread has really sparked my interest in bracelets. I'm not really a bracelet girl, I'm more of an earrings person...lol...but I have to say some of the stuff posted is gorgeous!!! :)

Lisa...didn't I send you two??? I think the other one resembled Gerry's more. I used similar beads.

Well its beautiful!!!

This thread has really sparked my interest in bracelets. I'm not really a bracelet girl, I'm more of an earrings person...lol...but I have to say some of the stuff posted is gorgeous!!! :)

It is beautiful and looks so fresh. Gerry's bracelet sparked my interest in bracelets. I used to love rings only, but now I am wearing 2 bracelets and the third is on its way.

Thank you, GerryLady...

PLR....

Can I ask where you bought the beads? I'm thinking of making one for myself. PSILY is my favorite Gerry movie.

Thank you, GerryLady...

PLR....

Can I ask where you bought the beads? I'm thinking of making one for myself. PSILY is my favorite Gerry movie.

Its definitely sparked my interest tooo!!!

I would love to have Gerry's PSILY bracelet as well!!! :)

I bought most of mine from ebay. Bulk glass beads.

Could someone make the same bracelet maybe?

It actually was not that easy finding the beads I used for the Gerry bracelet, as I said, I went through many avenues/venues/outlets before I found most of them. I got some at Michael's (Craft store), some at AJ Moore (Crafts), some on line at various bead sites. all of the spacers/magnetic connectors/cording, I got at Michael's. I'm forevermore looking out for beads, as I do a lot of beading, and make a lot of bracelets/necklaces for people all the time. Just be on the lookout for what you need, it's all out there, but you may have to go through different channels to get them. I just ordered some Trollbead look-alikes from Amazon, what they have are absolutely gorgeous, and I plan to do several of those kind of bracelets for Christmas gifts. The Pandora beads are beautiful as well.

PLR....

It actually was not that easy finding the beads I used for the Gerry bracelet, as I said, I went through many avenues/venues/outlets before I found most of them. I got some at Michael's (Craft store), some at AJ Moore (Crafts), some on line at various bead sites. all of the spacers/magnetic connectors/cording, I got at Michael's. I'm forevermore looking out for beads, as I do a lot of beading, and make a lot of bracelets/necklaces for people all the time. Just be on the lookout for what you need, it's all out there, but you may have to go through different channels to get them. I just ordered some Trollbead look-alikes from Amazon, what they have are absolutely gorgeous, and I plan to do several of those kind of bracelets for Christmas gifts. The Pandora beads are beautiful as well.

PLR....

I will try to find similar. Not sure if I'll have the patience though. :lol: How long did it take you to find all? I cannot even tell from the movie picture if they are glass or plastic.

Did you order from that store that I did? Those beads are very-ver pretty and well made. I have 8 on my bracelet. I love beads.

This is similar to the lot I bought. I'd be happy to make the braclets. I know I gave Lisa one that looks similar to Gerry's. I think she posted a picture of the wrong one. Edited by isaboo

Lisa got two! No fair! :lol:

Oh hey I'm game for a bracelet Isaboo :)

I'm surprised no one has mentioned what is it....Fire Mountain? Something along that line. I know I used to get their HUGE catalogs of pieces to order to make jewelry. I can't make it but I loved looking at it. I have a friend make me some jewerly once for something I was doing.

This would be so much fun to wear!