Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
terezoulini

You can be a GAMER too

Ladies, I have to admit that the people promoting GAMER do not cease to amaze me. It seems that they have come up with a new game, just for devoted fans, called "Find the mistakes in Gerry's CV on the movie's site". :-)

Seriously now, have you read the CV in the cast section? I cannot believe the amount of mistakes and inaccuracies in it! I am still trying to decide which one is my favourite. I will ask you two simple questions to see how good you are at it:

1. In which film did Gerry appear last year? RnR you say? Wrong, it was Phantom of the Opera.

2. Which role garnered Gerry most attention from both moviegoers and moviemakers alike? 300? Oh no, wrong again: it was Andre Marek in Timeline.

So clearly there is another game running in parallel with the one in the movie and you can be a gamer too. Obviously the one who spots the most mistakes faster wins. :-)

I cannot believe someone put out there something prepared in such a careless way. I mean if they couldn't get the facts straight, they could copy what we have here (BTW they seem to have used some parts). It is very frustrating because Mr Butler works really, really hard on getting every little detail of his work right, he goes out of this way to promote his films, he is very focused and then some people who are supposed to support him with the little things cannot even get his CV right.

Seriously, if I knew an e-mail address to contact the people at Gerry's office or the people who promote the film, I would certainly let them know. It seems to me that the GALS behind this site do have some way to contact Gerry's people, maybe you can pass on the message.

In the meantime, let's play our little game of spotting the mistakes. Here's the link:

http://www.gamerthemovie.com/#/cast/

Theresa

:hmm:

this from the guys who pulled an April Fools prank 'renaming' the movie to 'Citizen Game'...

even the Lionsgate epk site had that info!

Totally tounge in cheek I'm thinking! :lol:

Not funny to us GALS, though!! :p

either that or whomever 'copied & pasted' the info from the origin source to the web page didn't pay attention! :confused:

:hmm:

this from the guys who pulled an April Fools prank 'renaming' the movie to 'Citizen Game'...

even the Lionsgate epk site had that info!

Totally tounge in cheek I'm thinking! :lol:

Not funny to us GALS, though!! :p

either that or whomever 'copied & pasted' the info from the origin source to the web page didn't pay attention! :confused:

??? Sorry, I don't understand. I guess I'm missing something, I think I joined in late April.

BTW, maybe my English failed me, but I was joking about the game thing, I was being sarcastic regarding the mistakes. Did that come out wrong? :-(

Theresa

:wave:

I thought you were making a joke about it being a contest

and you're correct that there were mistakes in Gerry's CV.

My post was not meant as a criticism or making fun of you at all.

Neveldine and Taylor are big 'jokesters', so they may very well have purposely tinkered with the info.

:hug1:

Barb

It looks like they just posted an old one they picked up and tacked on more recent info. Clerical sloppiness. ;)

:jackie:

(For distraction purposes only. :p)

Jane

:wave:

I thought you were making a joke about it being a contest

and you're correct that there were mistakes in Gerry's CV.

My post was not meant as a criticism or making fun of you at all.

Neveldine and Taylor are big 'jokesters', so they may very well have purposely tinkered with the info.

:hug1:

Barb

Yup, I was of course making a joke about the contest. :-)