Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
AbandonThought

Looking for a new Gerry role

I'm in need of a new Gerry role to help cheer me up, since I've been feeling down lately... I hesitate to buy some of his earlier stuff, because I worry that he will not be in the movie long enough to make the purchase worthwhile (I'm a poor law student). Can anybody give me some guidance on which earlier performances of Gerry's are a must-see (or, that the movie itself is good enough to make up for minimal Gerry screen action)?

I currently own: RocknRolla, 300, Nim's Island, P.S. I Love You, Phantom of the Opera, Butterfly on a Wheel, Timeline, Reign of Fire, Tomb Raider 2, Dracula 2000, Dear Frankie, Attila, Beowulf & Grendel, The Game of Our Lives, and The Jury. I've also seen Shooters, and I have a copy of Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married on the way.

Any suggestions?

Stephanie

Edited by AbandonThought

From his earlier films, I would definitelly suggest One More Kiss. It will not really cheer you up, but it is a good film (and he is there quite a lot, and he is very young there). Mrs. Brown is a really good film, but he is not there enough. I liked Harrison Flowers, but not just because of him, he is not seen there too much, and his character is not so important to the film development. I think that you already have the best ones (or the ones I liked the best - POTO, DF, and The Jury). I think you will enjoy Lucy Sullivan. What I would really suggest, is Wrath of Gods, it was re-issued lately with an additional scene. But it is just my opinion, the others will tell you as well. :wave::wave::wave:

Edited by Donnie

I'm in need of a new Gerry role to help cheer me up, since I've been feeling down lately... I hesitate to buy some of his earlier stuff, because I worry that he will not be in the movie long enough to make the purchase worthwhile (I'm a poor law student). Can anybody give me some guidance on which earlier performances of Gerry's are a must-see (or, that the movie itself is good enough to make up for minimal Gerry screen action)?

I currently own: RocknRolla, 300, Nim's Island, P.S. I Love You, Phantom of the Opera, Butterfly on a Wheel, Timeline, Reign of Fire, Tomb Raider 2, Dracula 2000, Dear Frankie, Attila, Beowulf & Grendel, The Game of Our Lives, and The Jury. I've also seen Shooters, and I have a copy of Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married on the way.

Any suggestions?

Stephanie

Wrath of Gods is a MUST have. It is the documentray of the making of Beowulf. There is an hour long interview with him which is a MUST see. Also he is in other parts as well. My favorite DVD.

I really enjoyed Wrath of Gods and would definitely recommend it. It's very interesting.

Your collection is nearly complete, based on what is available for purchase, so it's kind of hard to name something you can actually purchase where he has much screen time.

About One More Kiss.....I actually thought it was a pretty good movie, but I have found that people feel very strongly about it. There are some that really don't like it because of the subject matter. I didn't find the main character particularly likeable, though.

Alright, I placed an order for Wrath of Gods and One More Kiss. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and suggestions! I can't wait 'til they arrive... I love having Gerry in my mailbox! :D

Stephanie

Alright, I placed an order for Wrath of Gods and One More Kiss. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and suggestions! I can't wait 'til they arrive... I love having Gerry in my mailbox! :D

Stephanie

Sorry, just read your original message, I'm on holiday and don't have frequent access.

Wrath of Gods: excellent choice. Lucy Sullivan will make your week, your month even! :-)

One More Kiss is a very tricky one as already mentioned. On one hand Gerry is very good from an acting point of view and there are a couple of good deleted scenes as well (if memory serves me right) but I found the whole film infuriating and cannot bring myself to watch it again. I lent it to some friends and they felt the same too. It can stir some very strong emotions. I don't want to elaborate because I don't want to spoil it for you but do post again once you have seen it, I would be very interested in your thoughts (or anyone other Gal's on that matter).

Love,

Theresa

Yeah, I read the synopsis of One More Kiss and found it intriguing so I decided I'd give it a try. I'll let you know how it goes when it arrives in 10 days or so (super-saver shipping...) :p

Stephanie

I actually love One More Kiss and I love the main character. And of course Gerry.

I actually love One More Kiss and I love the main character. And of course Gerry.

Really? Oh, this could spark a great debate! :-) Can we wait until our friend has received and watched her copy too and then exchange opinions? I'd love to be persuaded otherwise so that I can watch the film again. :-)

Stephanie, why don't you let us know once you've seen the film?

Theresa

I've never even heard of One More Kiss!! What kind of fan am I??? :doh: I'm going to have to get my hands on copy!

Any suggestions?

Stephanie

If you love just seeing Gerry on the screen, with all his expressions and emotions, you'll love Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married. Granted, he plays a slime, but you know what? He's an adorable slime. I still watch this series over and over again - especially on cold nights! LOL Cheer up, love. Life gets better, really!

Really? Oh, this could spark a great debate! :-) Can we wait until our friend has received and watched her copy too and then exchange opinions? I'd love to be persuaded otherwise so that I can watch the film again. :-)

Stephanie, why don't you let us know once you've seen the film?

Theresa

Theresa,

Sure. It will be interesting. When I first saw it I did not like her, then it changed with subsequent viewing. :)

Oh noooo.........

She's too selfish. That's all I'm saying. Don't want to ruin the movie.

Oh noooo.........

Well, that's what interesting in life isn't it; we have different opinions. :wave:

Haha, I'll definitely let you gals know once I've gotten it and given it a viewing, but if you want to start the debate without me, feel free. Just warn me to stay away from the thread and then I'll revive it and add my two cents once I see the film. :)

Stephanie

Haha, I'll definitely let you gals know once I've gotten it and given it a viewing, but if you want to start the debate without me, feel free. Just warn me to stay away from the thread and then I'll revive it and add my two cents once I see the film. :)

Stephanie

I cannot start anything but some sleep. I'm so tired and it is late here in CT. Maybe tomorrow..:lol:

Nothing like Gerry to cheer you up sweetie.Do you have Fast Food?He had a pretty substantial role in that and he was a younger also.By the way can you tell me where you got your Lucy Sullivan I've been chomping at the bit to get it.Is your copy a region 1 for the USA?Any info would be greatly appreciated...Tanya

Oh noooo.........

I agree. I won't ruin it, either, but I've seen it once and won't watch it again. It makes me way too angry. Stephanie, after you see it, I'd love to know your opinion.

Fast Food was horrible. :lol: But Lucy Sullivan is a must have for sure.

Nothing like Gerry to cheer you up sweetie.Do you have Fast Food?He had a pretty substantial role in that and he was a younger also.By the way can you tell me where you got your Lucy Sullivan I've been chomping at the bit to get it.Is your copy a region 1 for the USA?Any info would be greatly appreciated...Tanya

Nah, my Lucy is a region 4 that I've ordered from Ebay. I'm almost positive that my DVD player is multi-region. At least it was from an American seller though, so I didn't have to worry about any complicated international shipping.

Nope, I don't have Fast Food either. I'll consider that for my next Gerry purchase, although hopefully by the time I'm in need of more Gerry TUT will be out on DVD. :)

Stephanie

Oh noooo.........

I agree. I won't ruin it, either, but I've seen it once and won't watch it again. It makes me way too angry. Stephanie, after you see it, I'd love to know your opinion.

This is going to be a great debate, but I would rather wait for Stephanie to have seen the film first because she was the one who started this third. Let's see what a fresh opinion could be for this film and we can take it from there.

Theresa

I have never seen One More Kiss. I don't know where you could get a copy, but I myself liked Little White Lies. It is a supporting role, but he is seen pretty often and he has some poignant scenes.

Love,

Tracy :hug:

I have never seen One More Kiss. I don't know where you could get a copy, but I myself liked Little White Lies. It is a supporting role, but he is seen pretty often and he has some poignant scenes.

Love,

Tracy

Tracy ... you can buy One More Kiss on Amazon through the GALS boutique.

:)

Love,

Tracy :hug:

Where can I get the Little White Lies? I checked Amazon, but nothing.

I have seen One More Kiss many times and liked it more and more. But I don't really want to participate in a debate over it. Some like it, so don't. That is life. :lol:

[

Where can I get the Little White Lies? I checked Amazon, but nothing.

I haven't been able to find it to buy it but you can dowload the Gerry bits from this Italian site, www.gerryscorner.it, they've done some great work:

http://lnx.gerryscorner.it/cpg133/thumbnails.php?album=324

If the link doesn't open, go to Imagini, clip video, clip film, little white lies.

Enjoy!

Theresa