Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
AbandonThought

Looking for a new Gerry role

I'm in need of a new Gerry role to help cheer me up, since I've been feeling down lately... I hesitate to buy some of his earlier stuff, because I worry that he will not be in the movie long enough to make the purchase worthwhile (I'm a poor law student). Can anybody give me some guidance on which earlier performances of Gerry's are a must-see (or, that the movie itself is good enough to make up for minimal Gerry screen action)?

I currently own: RocknRolla, 300, Nim's Island, P.S. I Love You, Phantom of the Opera, Butterfly on a Wheel, Timeline, Reign of Fire, Tomb Raider 2, Dracula 2000, Dear Frankie, Attila, Beowulf & Grendel, The Game of Our Lives, and The Jury. I've also seen Shooters, and I have a copy of Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married on the way.

Any suggestions?

Stephanie

Stephanie, I was just thinking, have you seen Gerry's older short films? There's Jewel of the Sahara which you cannot buy but you can see and download here: http://video.aol.com/video-detail/jewel-of...hara/1519206407.

There's also Please, which I believe we have in the Multimedia section under Roles and you can also find on You Tube.

Theresa

Stephanie, I was just thinking, have you seen Gerry's older short films? There's Jewel of the Sahara which you cannot buy but you can see and download here: http://video.aol.com/video-detail/jewel-of...hara/1519206407.

There's also Please, which I believe we have in the Multimedia section under Roles and you can also find on You Tube.

Theresa

Awesome thought! I have seen Please, but I have not seen Jewel of the Sahara. I'll have to watch it today during my break. Thanks Theresa!

Stephanie

Theresa

Awesome thought! I have seen Please, but I have not seen Jewel of the Sahara. I'll have to watch it today during my break. Thanks Theresa!

Stephanie

Jewel of the Sahara is hilarious. You'll enjoy it. Please is heartwrenching, but one of Gerry's best early performances.

Sahara was a little "different" for me. I only watched it once. I don't think that I could watch it again.

But I really admire Gerr for doing something like this.

Sahara was a little "different" for me. I only watched it once. I don't think that I could watch it again.

But I really admire Gerr for doing something like this.

There is an interview he did in Cannes on abalcony where he makes a reference to this film in a really embarrassed and funny way. Can someone point us to the link? I am sure we have it somewhere in Multimedia. :-) Stephanie should see it. :-)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I just watched Jewel of the Sahara. Woah. I laughed my arse off! I definitely saw the ending coming, but I still found it hilarious. It was really funny to see Gerry... doing that... I may also be scarred for life... :) Is there a way that I can download this to keep for ever and ever and ever? :lol:

And I'd love to see the interview where he mentions this film, if anyone can find it.

Stephanie

http://lnx.gerryscorner.it/cpg133/thumbnails.php?album=324[/url]

If the link doesn't open, go to Imagini, clip video, clip film, little white lies.

Enjoy!

Theresa

Thanks so much. What a nice surprise. I found other clips that I have not seen yet. He is soooooo lovely!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I just watched Jewel of the Sahara. Woah. I laughed my arse off! I definitely saw the ending coming, but I still found it hilarious. It was really funny to see Gerry... doing that... I may also be scarred for life... :) Is there a way that I can download this to keep for ever and ever and ever? :lol:

And I'd love to see the interview where he mentions this film, if anyone can find it.

Stephanie

Steph,

that's it; I am scarred for life because of this little gem. :lol: Won't watch it again. I was watching it in horror. :rotflmao:

I've seen JOTS only twice, but it's hilarious, and let's be honest ... Gerry looks HAWT in that fantasy scene. :drool1:

I've seen JOTS only twice, but it's hilarious, and let's be honest ... Gerry looks HAWT in that fantasy scene. :drool1:

I cannot remember Gerr at all in that scene only the concept. :lol: Poor Gerr. That Ariel character made him do this. :D

I cannot remember Gerr at all in that scene only the concept. :lol: Poor Gerr. That Ariel character made him do this. :D

Awww, Gerry was filming Reign of Fire at the same time and he was just doing his buddy a favor.

How can you NOT remember Gerry in that fantasy scene???

Posted Image Posted Image:drool1::drool1::drool1::drool1:

Edited by phoenixgirl

Oh, that one i do remember. I thought that you were talking about the camel scene and how sexy he was. Geez. :lmao:

Let's be brutally honest... Gerry looks hot even in the scene with the camel!

Stephanie

Let's be brutally honest... Gerry looks hot even in the scene with the camel!

Stephanie

:lmao:You got that right, Sistah!

I also love the scene where he wakes up right after the fantasy dream... You know what that shot is all about immediately! Let's just say, it's a side of Gerry I never thought I'd see (despite hoping against hope). :lol:

Stephanie

You guys are just loving this little gem aren't you? :lol

Sorry, unable to share you enthusiasm. :lmao:

Edited by andrea71

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Stephanie,

Here's the interview from Multimedia, all you have to do is download:

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...mp;showfile=162

As for downloading Jewel of the Sahara, do you have Real Player SP? If not, you can download it for free from the Internet (just run a search and you will find it very easily). You only need the free versions. Once this has been downloaded and installed, you can download almost every video from the internet or YouTube. Usually you have a field that appears on the upper right hand corner of the video that says "download this file". Otherwise, you can right click while the video is playing and choose "dowload this file". That's how I got this film and much more material.

Hope this helps.

Theresa

Here's the interview from Multimedia, all you have to do is download:

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...mp;showfile=162

As for downloading Jewel of the Sahara, do you have Real Player SP? If not, you can download it for free from the Internet (just run a search and you will find it very easily). You only need the free versions. Once this has been downloaded and installed, you can download almost every video from the internet or YouTube. Usually you have a field that appears on the upper right hand corner of the video that says "download this file". Otherwise, you can right click while the video is playing and choose "dowload this file". That's how I got this film and much more material.

Hope this helps.

Theresa

Thanks so much! I loved that interview, and just how casually he mentions "oh yeah, I f*&%ed a camel" like it's nothing. It's no wonder I love this guy.

I don't have Real Player SP, but I'll get it. Thanks!

Steph

I watched the clips from Little White Lies on the Italian site today. It seems like an interesting series! I'd love to see it in complete. I hate that I can't buy some of Gerry's roles... I'm willing to spend the money, but no one is willing to sell! *Sigh*

Stephanie

Okay, I FINALLY got my copy of One More Kiss in the mail today (so excited!) I'm hoping to have time to watch it tonight... but unfortunately the new semester of law school started this week, and time constraints might be an issue.

Either way, I'll post my opinion after I watch it so that we can FINALLY have that great debate! Thanks for hanging with me!

:woo:

Stephanie