Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

8/26 - F. Gary Gray: "Law Abiding Citizen" thriller shows new aspects of Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler

from: http://www.jaxobserver.com/2009/08/26/chev...o-snl-is-tough/

Hollywood Exclusive by Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith - Aug 26th, 2009

Director F. Gary Gray is taking a lot of pleasure in the fact that that his upcoming "Law Abiding Citizen" thriller is going to show moviegoers new aspects of both Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler.

"The chemistry between them reminds me of the on-screen chemistry you got with Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins in 'Silence of the Lambs,'" Gray says. The film has Butler as a man who goes on a stunningly planned spree of revenge after one of the men responsible for his family's killing is set free in a plea deal — arranged by Foxx's district attorney character.

"A lot of times when you hear Gerard Butler's name, people go into how great-looking he is or how much of a ladies' man he is," Gray observes. "I think with this, people are really going to get a sense of how much range he has as a serious actor." And they'll get to see Oscar winner Foxx in a role that might previously have been considered "Denzel-like."

MEANWHILE: Gray has jumped on the Twitter thing in a big way, tweeting news bites, photos and video throughout production of the "Law Abiding Citizen" psychological thriller. And now he's fallen into using the new medium as a marketing tool. With the picture in post-production, en route to an October premiere, Gray has announced his own contest in which the winner — the person who brings the most followers to Gray's Web page — will get to come to the "Law Abiding Citizen" premiere complete with travel and accommodations provided.

"There's been a great response from all over the world," says Gray, whose credits range from "The Italian Job" and "Be Cool" to his unforgettable video for TLC's "Waterfalls." "It really is exciting, and you know what's really funny? It wasn't something that was planned by the head of marketing. It just kind of happened. You start to develop a digital kind of relationship with the Twitterers. It's reciprocal.

"At any given time, you have access to thousands of opinions, and you can get constructive criticism — mostly constructive," he goes on. "That's pretty hard to beat. No middleman, no conduit. It's not filtered. It's raw, real time response. It's important for artists to keep their fingers on the public pulse. This is an effective way to do it."

Gray has also been doing what might be called Twitter tutoring — answering followers' questions about how to break into the movie business, about how to get cast in films, about writing, directing — in addition to queries about working with stars like Ice Cube, Queen Latifah, Charlize Theron, John Travolta, Vince Vaughn and many more. "Last night, I had a marathon Twittering session, a little over two hours. That was OK, I was at home, I had a snack," he says. "I didn't actually plan it, not at all. It was just one of those things."

Thanks for the article, Barb. I still haven't gotten the "knack" of how to tweet. Hope he keeps up the tutorials. They're fun.

D

I love his words about his stars! :wuv:

:erik: Erik's Ebony Eyes :phantom

Edited by Erik's Ebony Eyes

Damn, Barb. I flew in here thinking I'd certainly "beat you" with this one and you've already had it posted for 45 minutes!

:bow2:

:yourock:

:thewoman:

:thankyou:

That was actually a nice little interview. he is just great on twitter givng all the insight into film making process.

Moira

And I must say, according to the trailer, Gerry seems to be channeling his inner "Phantom". I'm LOVIN' it!!! :pointy:

Susan

I am really really really liking Gray. He seems like such a genuine person...and I love that he reaches out to US for our opinions :)

This movie is going to be huge...I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watching the trailer again, this is going to be such a great movie! The cast is phenomenal and Gerry leaves me speechless! I'm so proud of him!

"Channeling his inner Phantom", I like that!

D

Edited by GBPhanatic

Thanks Barb! I'm surprise they didn't mention his great movie "A Man Apart" :)

He is quite the tweeter that's for sure!

Thank you, Susan for posting the trailer link. I never would have found it! :bow:

I cannot wait for this one to come out!! WOW!!! :cheer2:

If you are ever looking for a trailer for one of Gerry's movies check our multimedia here (just click on the word in the dark blue section at the top of the forum). Barb (becozy) and Mel (Abrock) work tirelessly to get these on our site so they can be downloaded and kept for repeat viewings on your own computer. They also try to make sure that it is the highest quality they can make it, usually much better than what you'll see on You Tube.

;)

Thanks, Susan~Sporran!

Gals, for easy reference, when there's a new movie there are several ways to check for 'the latest'!

HIS ROYAL HOTNESS > All things Gerry > Gerry Movies

forum by movie title, or in the general thread.

As soon as the info is available, there is a pinned topic with the links updated

PINNED: LAC General Info Official site, Twitter, Facebook, trailer etc.

and

Filmography go to the movie and there is a link to the 'offiical site' as soon as it is 'activated' by the film's promo department, for LAC go here

and of course,

Website Updates (the LAC one is here!)

:wave:

I'm so proud of Mr Gray all of his work has been so good over the years,the videos,feature films, etc.I'm even more proud that Gerry and company chose him to take the helm.The respect is mutual and I'm sure the finished product will show the world that Gerry is more than a pretty face.He is a savvy businessman as well.He is giving the ticket buyer all of him this year.The smarmy,smug know it all,the brawny action hero,the deranged family man with a deadly purpose.What's next for this man he has covered all bases...Longevity is the plan I hope

I've been following Gray's tweets and I love his bird's eye views into the business of filmmaking. I especially loved the one about Brian Tyler and the creation of the musical score for LAC. I'm really looking forward to both LAC and Gamer. Both look to be very exciting...

I was finally dragged into the Twitter world, because of this. I love the updates he gives. The videos he's been posting on You tube are also very interesting.

Ren

I still don't Twitter, but I do admire FGG as a director. The Italian Job is a go-to movie in my house, and I think he has a great eye for action and conveying a story. Definitely a director we have more to see from (that's a terrible sentence).

Love what he said about Gerry. FGG obviously has worked with some great actors in the past, and he can see that Gerry is more than the sum of his looks. I'm so very proud of Gerry, and I'm sure he's so very proud of this movie. I can't wait to see it, the reviews and the accolades it, FGG and Gerry receives from it.

Lisa