Gerard Butler GALS

8/30 - I'm addicted to Coke, says film hunk Gerard Butler

becozy

from: http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/tv-showbiz-new...78057-21635097/

I'm addicted to Coke, says film hunk Gerard Butler

Aug 30 2009

Movie hunk Gerard Butler has kicked booze and fags - but developed a serious Coca-Cola habit.

The 300 star confessed yesterday that he has an addictive personality.

But he said he had given up his old self-destructive ways - only to replace them with coffee and Coke.

Gerard, 39, admits he was deeply unhappy in his 20s as a trainee lawyer in Edinburgh and almost went off the rails.

He said: "It didn't feel right so perhaps if I'd started acting earlier, maybe I would have sorted myself out earlier.

"Now it's just women and song. And coffee and Coca Cola.

"I've always been a bit of an addict, so when I stopped drinking and smoking, there were times even last year when I was drinking eight to 10 cans of Coca-Cola a day."

Despite his American twang, Glaswegian Gerard claimed his heart was still in Scotland.

:funnyup: I'll give him all the woman, song and Coca-Cola he can stand! :lmao:

Dang, I don't think even I drink that many Cokes a day. I've often wondered if he tilts the can back and taps it against his teeth to get EVERY drop.

In honor of Gerry's Coke addiction admission, I think I'll review that wonderful Coke siggy that Cheryl made for me recently. :)

Katie

Haha I am a Diet Pepsi girl myself, come on Gerry Coke is not nearly as good as Pepsi! ;)

Funny thing is I don't smoke never have & barely drink either, I like once & a while a rum & coke or some fruity drinks with alcohol but hate beer yuck!

I also love Sex on the Beach, its a great drink.

If Gerry is interested I bet I could get him to love some "sex on the beach!" :p sorry could not resist. lol

Edited by Liisa

Am I the only one who saw this, knew what they were referring to, but then thought "why would they use that headline"? Probably, huh? Cause I'm a recovering drug addict (22 years) that was the first thing that popped into my head. :lmao:

I hope he's cut back, though. You can use Coca-Cola instead of Tarnex for your silver. Imagine what it's done to his stomach? :lol:

Katie, glad you brought that bad boy back out!

Edited by phoenixgirl

I get the caffeine fix, it's addictive but there are some health benefits to it, I hope he cuts out the soda, especially if he drinks diet soda, that stuff is acid on your intestines and a whole heap of unhealthy for your body!

Am I the only one who saw this, knew what they were referring to, but then thought "why would they use that headline"? Probably, huh? Cause I'm a recovering drug addict (22 years) that was the first thing that popped into my head. :lmao:

Nope, that was the first thing I thought of too! I was actually expecting a joke in the first sentence. Something with an elipses: "I'm Addicted to Coke, Says Film Hunk Gerard Butler... Coca-Cola that is!"

I went and toured the "World of Coke" at the factory in Atlanta, Georgia, and whenever I told anyone about what I did in Atlanta I would say. "I toured the World of Coke. Coca-Cola that is... in Atlanta, you never know..." :D

And I loved how the writer threw in this sentence--"Despite his American twang, Glaswegian Gerard claimed his heart was still in Scotland"--even though it has no place in the article! Just want the readers to know he still loves them I guess! A lot has been made about his accent lately.

Stephanie

I get the caffeine fix, it's addictive but there are some health benefits to it, I hope he cuts out the soda, especially if he drinks diet soda, that stuff is acid on your intestines and a whole heap of unhealthy for your body!

Matter of fact, he could get kidney stones the more he drinks. Those stones are painful, and I could see the headlines GB in the Hospital for coka cola addiction!!!!!

He really needs to slow down. I wonder what his Mum will say when she finds out he's going to get operated for stones. Poor Baby!!!!

Ruah

Coca Cola is scary wicked you can clean your toilet bowl with it clean car engines all sorts of stuff but if he likes well...I myself am a Pepsi person I recently bought a 12 pack of the coca cola and was mad too watery and sweet I wonder what he likes about it...

Well this is not new news but I agree with you all about drinking any of that sugary and VERY unhealthy stuff! Don't drink either...coke or pepsi! I drink a lot of coffee though but mostly decaf... I know years ago I did see coke take the paint off of a car fender when someone knocked it over! Just imagine what it does to your insides! YUCK!

Now I do like my VINO!

Frannie

I know how Gerry feels; I used to be basically addicted to soda. Then, I realized just how many calories I was consuming a day. I couldn't kick the habit entirely, but I switched to diet, which also dropped my consumption because I didn't think it tasted as good. I'm better than I used to be, but I go through phases where I drink a lot of it. It's best when I have no money, because soda (and alcohol) are the first things I cut out of my diet to save money... It's certainly effective, but I'll tell ya, it gets a little boring drinking water 24/7!

Ah, Vino... I don't know what it is, but drinking wine always makes me a happy tipsy. Beer and liquor are hit or miss, but wine always puts a smile on my face and makes me giggle at nothing!

Steph

:funnyup: Y'all are takin' the fizz right outta my Coke filled humor!

To each his own. Gerry's a big boy and he's given up his life-shortening addictions. At least let him have his Coke without a lecture, please! Live and let live. :kiss: For those of us who do not consume coffee, it's a caffeine alternative. And, I'll bet some human stomach acid would do a number on those painted fenders, too. :pointy:

Gerry is a man after my own heart. I love Coke! It is my biggest vice. Well, that along with coffee. So I can understand how easy it is to grab a Coke instead of something healthier. I try to drink no more than a couple a day...so 8-10 a day is really a lot. But it is hard not to drink the stuff. I live in Atlanta so Coke is the drink. I am expecting it to come out of the faucets anytime now. Just kidding. But we do love the stuff.

Oh, well, he's addicted to coke and I am addicted to him. Makes sense...

from: http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/tv-showbiz-new...78057-21635097/

I'm addicted to Coke, says film hunk Gerard Butler

Aug 30 2009

Movie hunk Gerard Butler has kicked booze and fags - but developed a serious Coca-Cola habit.

The 300 star confessed yesterday that he has an addictive personality.

But he said he had given up his old self-destructive ways - only to replace them with coffee and Coke.

Gerard, 39, admits he was deeply unhappy in his 20s as a trainee lawyer in Edinburgh and almost went off the rails.

He said: "It didn't feel right so perhaps if I'd started acting earlier, maybe I would have sorted myself out earlier.

"Now it's just women and song. And coffee and Coca Cola.

"I've always been a bit of an addict, so when I stopped drinking and smoking, there were times even last year when I was drinking eight to 10 cans of Coca-Cola a day."

Despite his American twang, Glaswegian Gerard claimed his heart was still in Scotland.

:funnyup: Y'all are takin' the fizz right outta my Coke filled humor!

To each his own. Gerry's a big boy and he's given up his life-shortening addictions. At least let him have his Coke without a lecture, please! Live and let live. :kiss: For those of us who do not consume coffee, it's a caffeine alternative. And, I'll bet some human stomach acid would do a number on those painted fenders, too. :pointy:

Agreed! Everyone has to have some bad habits, and on the scheme of things, Coke isn't that bad! :) Clean living is overrated anyway. ;)

Steph

To each his own. Gerry's a big boy and he's given up his life-shortening addictions. At least let him have his Coke without a lecture, please!

I think that too much of anything is dangerous. His Coca-Cola drinking habit is not healthy, in my opinion. It is though healthier than taking coke...., which I thought the topic was about and that he has come out admitting it.

I'll bet if Gerry's trainer found out he was drinking that much Coke a day, he'd flip out! I can see where someone with strong addictive behaviors that have given up one or even two addictions, will replace it with something else like eating, spending or even sex! It's that thing we go to for comfort.

I was drinking two Cokes a day and thought that was bad. It not only puts weight on from the calories but it erodes your teeth from the acid! "At least drink it through a straw, Gerry!" So I cut back to one DIET Pepsi Max a day (it's actually the caffeine we're going for) which has a little more kick to it and a regular Coke on the weekends (just one). Gerry should try Diet Pepsi Max. It's the best tasting diet cola and it's got a little more caffeine. But I agree with him. There is nothing like a cold Coke to cure what ails ya!

D

To be fair he said "last year" he was drinking 8-10 cokes a day. He didn't mention how many he is currently drinking. Hopefully something less.

Ren

I actually figured he was exagerating a bit! That much could really wreak havoc on your digestive system!

D

That is his exact quote. To be fair last year was when he was kicking his smoking habit. Increasing consumption of sweets of any kind is an inevitable side effect. It’s also a side effect for most alcoholics in recovery. Alcohol turns to sugar in the blood stream, so I’m sure in the aftermath of getting sober he drank lots of coke as well. It seems this year he is making every effort to moderate some of his eating habits. It sounds like he has cut down his coke consumption; in fact there have been photos of him drinking Perrier water, and he has lost weight this year and looks terrific, so something is working.

To be fair he said "last year" he was drinking 8-10 cokes a day. He didn't mention how many he is currently drinking. Hopefully something less.

Ren

I actually figured he was exagerating a bit! That much could really wreak havoc on your digestive system!

D

Not with a true Scotsman's cast-iron stomach. :lol: I'm sure he can tolerate more than we could. I'm sure it's accurate, and like others, I'm sure it's tamed. It's been a while since we've seen him with a coke can; mostly we see him with water. So like Rubee said, I'm sure he used it to help him get over his smoking, and whatever worked I'm all for.