Gerard Butler GALS

9/2 - Look for "Gamer" to take the top spot

becozy

from: http://musicmoviesandmore.wordpress.com/20...fice-preview-5/

"Look for "Gamer" to take the top spot. Gerard Butler can still pack theaters, and his first action film since "300″ should be enough to draw in his fans. Expect a $17-20 million."

read more: here

I have no doubts it'll take the top spot and make millions. My sons and their friends are just as excited as we are about this movie, so be prepared to share the theater with a bunch of geeky gamer boys. :lol: In fact, I have been "instructed" that I am to see it with my sons first. How cool is that?

My sons are the right demographic & they thought the trailer looked cool! They play World of Warcraft obsessively so this movie will be a blockbuster with gamers! I will go just to see Gerry!

One of my game buddies went and saw Gamer and this is what he posted on our website:)

"I saw it yesterday with the wife. Good action, intellectual plot, got my PTSD kicking hard so I went out and shot the hell outta my weapons in the evening."

Coming from him...this is a heck of a compliment LOL

One of my game buddies went and saw Gamer and this is what he posted on our website:)

"I saw it yesterday with the wife. Good action, intellectual plot, got my PTSD kicking hard so I went out and shot the hell outta my weapons in the evening."

Coming from him...this is a heck of a compliment LOL

I have to disagree. I thought this film was horrible, I actually walked out. I adore Gerry Butler, I may be his biggest fan, he is phenomenal and a wonderful actor but he is WAY above this kind of movie. This was dreadful. My friends are absolutely shocked - "OMG, you walked out of a Gerry Butler movie?" Sorry to say that I did. Looking forward to LAC - it looks like it may be worthy of his acting skills.

Saw Gamer today and I actually was surprised that I liked it as much as I did - as I just went to it because of Gerry. Can't imagine why anyone would walk out of it. I think it says a lot about what computers can become, and should be a wake up call for people who spend soooo much time on theirs getting more into an anonymous, unreal world than living life. I won't say more right now, 'cause I don't want to get into spoilers. But down the line, when more have seen it, I think the discussions can be fascinating.

As far as box office goes, I think #3 for a movie of this type on Labor Day weekend isn't a bad thing. I don't think anyone really expected more. Labor Day weekend is the weakest box office of any year. Gamer's bo appeal was directed in general for a certain demographic (teenies into gaming) and if my theater was any indication, they turned out.

Well I finally got to see it tonight along with about maybe 20 people in the theater but than again it's Tues. ... I thought Gerry was magnificent but the movie and concept was as ridicules as one can get...My son who BTW is a gamer hated it although he did say that Gerrys scenes were the best part of the whole fiasco so my friends...i'm sorry to say but this is one that will NOT be going in my collection of DVD's because I liked it but I will buy it just to support Gerry! One last thing......Gerry looked amazing! So what else is new?? :p

:wave: Frannie

While Gamer isn't one of my favorite Gerry movies, I enjoyed. It was strangley entertaining. I sure wasn't bored.

I'm not going to see it five times in the theater like I did TUT, but I will definitely buy the DVD when it comes out. Why? Well, that's obvious. To look at Gerry because he is so hot in this film!

I'm still really looking forward to LAC.

Oh, I hope all Gerry's movies are a success. I will be so happy for him. I so hope he can get an Oscar out of one of these. I am thinking maybe LAC. I am waiting for the DVDs and hoping Santa will be good to me. I would love to see TUT, Gamer and LAC under the tree. :wuv:

Love,

Tracy

P.S. It doesn't hurt that all 3 movie trailers were interesting to Hubby as well! :dancer: