Gerard Butler GALS

9/2 - 'Law Abiding Citizen' to open Urbanworld

becozy

From Variety: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800808...yid=13&cs=1

'Law Abiding Citizen' to open Urbanworld

Four-day fest to screen 68 films

By ANDREW STEWART

Helmer F. Gary Gray's thriller "Law Abiding Citizen," starring Gerard Butler, Jamie Foxx and Viola Davis, is set to kick off the 13th annual Urbanworld Film Festival held Sept. 23 in New York.Set in Philadelphia, pic tells the story of a husband (Butler) whose wife and child are murdered. Foxx plays a prosecutor caught in the middle of Butler's grief and revenge.

Along with "Citizen," the four-day fest announced it will screen 68 films, including the Sophie Okonedo-starrer "Skin," Chris Rock's docu "Good Hair" and Maria Govan's "Rain."

Fest's lineup in all categories is available online at www.urbanworld.org.

Update:

NEW YORK, Sept. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- The 13th Annual Urbanworld Film Festival, presented by BET Networks, today announced the opening night selection of Overture Films' dramatic thriller LAW ABIDING CITIZEN, starring Gerard Butler, Academy Award(®) winner Jamie Foxx and Academy Award nominee Viola Davis under the direction of F. Gary Gray. The star-studded event will be held on Wednesday, September 23, 2009 in the heart of Manhattan with principal cast and director in attendance.

So in effect this is the North American premiere and not the one held at Manns on 10/6 - interesting. Great it is at a festival as alot of great films have been showcased here before like Jamie's previous film Collateral. Great that it is having an East and West Coast showcase

I suppose they will still class the LA premiere as the official one as this is festival.

Moira

Steph

Just talk yourself into it you know you want to go :lmao:

This I think is the films first showing anywhere so in effect isd its World Premiere. Go on you know you want to LOL.

To all the Gals who are trying to talk themselves into it go on treat yourself you wont regret it. :yay:

Moira

Ugh I would luv to go to the NY premiere but no chance with work & all so I wish it would have opened the Toronto FF since he was here last year for RockenRolla.

Just saw that you can buy an all access pass for the NYFF LAC screening & even get into the after parties? omg would so do it if I had lots of free time.

I did not realize they let fans into those things too.

Edited by Liisa

I just looked at the festival site and it sure is tempting!! It's times like this I wish I had a rich daddy or sugar daddy or something.I'm just praying for good reviews and good box office no matter what.I've never been to a film festival before.I'm ready to go to some and the premieres and conventions too.Hope they all have a great time...

WOW this would be super cool to go to, BUUUUUT too many other things I'm saving for. NUMERO UNO is vegas '10. Lots of quality time with my girlies ( or would that be GALies?) and to me thats VERY important. And of course vaca with the family. Never enough money or time but gotta spend it where it means the most to you. Maybe some day when I get unlimited funds and travel time ( uh that would be the 12th of NEVER lol) then I can do the celeb film fest thingies. but for now, wont happen. :boohoo: just kidding, I'm fine with it. :lol:

But if any of you go and get a glimpse of G I hope you take lots of pics!!!!!

Edited by MareksLadyD

Amanda and anyone else who's interested, you can read all about our Gerard Butler fan conventions in the thread here.

They are ALWAYS in Las Vegas and have been (and will continue to be so as far as I know) held in June.

Sure! I'll be back down South by then!! SHITE! :tissues:

Thanks *sniff* Barb, Fran*sob*nie

OMG Frannie,

I am still reeling from this pic of the most beautiful chest of this incredibly gorgeous man!! OMG!! I am going to print this out and keep it in my folder and take it to class tomorrow to work from!! Dear Lord, Gerry is so awesomely beautiful. I love his everything, but his chest has always been a turn on for me. I know, I am a very :naughty: girl!! But this man is a whole lot more than a 'piece of meat'!! He is THE man of my heart and dreams. I love every wee spec of this incredible man!! I'm sorry I didn't see this right away. But you beat me to him. I am satisfied with what I have. More than satisfied!! You are incredible the way you just knew what I would love. You and Bethy and my Lisa just have the perfect touch for siggy's. I am so in love with the ones I have had. I will not change him for a long time. He is positivley beautiful and if my legs could, I'd run into those arms as fast as he said the words and they were still echoing in the air!!!

Hugs My Sweet Lady Fran,Jo