Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) Continued....

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey GALS... I'm feeling pretty bad today. Guess another trip to the Doc is in order if I'm not 100% better by monday.

I gotta say though, I'm feeling all choked up about Gerry and you GALS today. I've been thinking so much about all of you, and how you are doing, and all the challenges we face in our lives. I'm so glad I have this place to come and bare my soul if I need to... or just act like a dork when the mood strikes me.

I just HAD to post this:

Posted Image

Again those eyes... so much warmth, so much hope, and yet holding back. His eyes speak the heart's silent language. :stranger:

Swan

Yeah, I dream about babies almost every night. I just want so badly to hold my own baby in my arms and know that unspoken bond metween a mother and a daughter. Don't give up either, Amy. It can still happen!

Ok... Out of this funk I put myself into earlier! LOL

Show me some Gerry pics, SOMEBODY!

*sigh* Like that one Swan just posted. Reminds me about how I feel about wanting kids for some reason.

Edited by Lish

Hello, everyone! Sorry I haven't been around the support floor lately... been working on myself, trying to get this body of mine to behave so I can just get on with everything I want to do with my life once I'm healthy again. Very frustrating, but don't worry, everyone; it'll pass. Things WILL get better! :bleh: I also just wanted to thank all of you who have sent me pm's checking up on me -- I know, I am a bad one, and tend to hide when I'm not feeling well. Well, you gals are smarter than that, I guess, and found me out. LOL. Thanks for your kind concern.

Jeff, meanwhile, is doing GREAT after his eye-surgery. He is just so amazed at the difference - he is seeing better than he ever has in his life, with or without glasses, only he will never have to wear his glasses again. It is just such an overwhelming feeling for him, and he gets sort of emotional over it. I am so happy for him, and so gobsmacked at what marvelous things science has come up with to make people's lives better.

Saying prayers for Bethy and Megan.

Swan, I do hope you are continuing to be on the mend.

Lish - I hope that things work together to eventually give you the desire of your heart. I have watched friends go through what you're going through, wanting a baby of their own, and I know it is not an easy thing. I'm going to pray for you, hoping that your heart will be able to rest until the time is right. Hugs to you!

300- Wow. Just WOW. I have said it before, and I'll say it again. I am SOOOO excited for this movie! I just loved hearing about the process of putting this thing together - the renderings, the story boards, the models, and then the live action... and then you see the final screen shots, and it is so amazing. I'm glad for the actors that they at least had some of the sets built to work in with the green/blue screen - I couldn't imagine how hard it would be to imagine *everything* in your acting environment. As it is, they still had to imagine quite a bit, I assume - that impresses me so much. The artistic fashioning of this movie is going to go a long way to delivering the emotional impact of the storyline. It's going to be a complete package, and I am just so excited - it is going to be very hard to wait for the release. Gives me time to steel myself in anticipation of crying a river during this movie -- I just know I'm going to.

Hi Beanie. So good to hear from you. I am happy that Jeff is doing well after his eye surgery. Hope your spirits lift soon.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! first post on the floor :dance3: :bleh:

i'm sorry that some of you haven't been feeling 100% recently- huggles y'all!!!!!!!!!! i havent been too good myself but i think joining here has helped- now i have even more to occupy me lol.

it's proper baby mania everywhere i go at the moment- baby fever tis upon us once more!!!! Anyone trying good luck for the future!

does anyone else still cry when watching TR2? i think i need de-sensitising lol!

ack! i'm feeling so hyper tonight- this weeks gone so quickly, i don't know what i'm doing!

love and hugs xxxxxxxxxxx

I did not get pregnant while married so I am guessing that it was not meant to be until I find the right partner.. So for me will have to make the most of other people's until I can get myself organised...

*Waves madly*

Heeeeeeeeeelllllo potential baby sitter! :headspin:

:bleh::bleh: Ha, Ha Sarah!!!

Hello Swan, sorry it's not getting better yet??? sounds a bit suss, definitely needs further investigation I think..I agree with you about our GALS - I am very thankful to you all!!! ::D:

Beanie, glad that Jef is doing well after eye surgery... sorry that you've been unwell.. I can't believe how many people are unwell but then I guess it's the winter stuff.. I forget since we are sweating our arses off here!!!

I really would love to see some NEW PHOTOS, GERRY!!! please, please show us your lovely face as we need cheering up???? :bleh:

does anyone else still cry when watching TR2? i think i need de-sensitising lol!

love and hugs xxxxxxxxxxx

Congrats to your first post in the Support Center. ::D:

TR2 was on TV tonight here in Switzerland. No I didn't cry but I always wish for a different ending. (who wouldn't)

Can't really add something to the baby topic. Never had any, and probably never will (time is running out, shrughs) and can't say I ever really wanted a baby. But its also that I never met a man I wanted to have a baby with....

Back to Terry... Stef - thanks again for the pics :kisswink:

Posted Image

Posted Image

He really looks like Dracula in this pic.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I hope everyone who is sick or feels bad is getting better.

:welcome: hopelessly bad! This is loverly madness!

I must admit...no crying for me in TRII. I'm one of the only ones who doesn't blame Lara for blowing Terry away... *ducks rotten fruit* What?! He was going to KILL HER. And then kill millions of people with the box! She had every right, nay, a duty to stop him! :bleh:

*runs so the Stranger and Marek will protect her*

I forgot the ending there, of TR2, Abrock, so I can't throw any fruit at you! lol!!

I dunno if I've just gotten cynical or maybe I just don't have the mommy bones in my body ...at least not yet. I am just honest to goodness glad my baby fever did go away!! Like you said, I'll know when I'm ready but now's not "it".

Beanie!!! Your back!!

*Hi!*

Luvphantom, you are right! He *Does* look like Dracula in those 2 stranger shots!

Gals I'm depressed. I haven't seen the new 300 Journal and can't watch it b/c my hubby and his brother are playing video games and it'll slow them down and won't load right!

Oh, and aussierose, I wanted to add my .02 to yours. Though I do hope you get your dream of a child, too one day, my boss is the same way, she too was married once before and didn't have kids, not that I know if she was trying but, she has a LOT of animals and those are her babies!

Luvphantom, you are right! He *Does* look like Dracula in those 2 stranger shots!

Hey Rush, they are from TR2 - maybe he was thinking of biting Lara?

OMG... I just woke up after having the most amazing and REALISTIC dream about Gerry!

I was at some event where he was, some interview program that was being filmed outdoors. I saw him on the monitor, and I knew that it was my only chance to meet him, so even though I am shy... I decided to make way through the crowds and somehow get to where he was.

Somehow I wound up near his large RV or a very fancy trailer, and he and about three of his buddies were coming off the stage and approaching where I was. I called out, "Gerry!" (I couldn't believe I did that!) He looked up and smiled and said, "Yes, I'm Gerry, and what is your name?"

He looked the way he does in The Jury; longer hair, facial hair, and he was wearing jeans and a heavy green sweater like he wore in Dear Frankie. He looked so gorgeous and so tall!

I said, "Oh my God, I can't believe it's really you!" he laughed and said, "Yep it's me, but you didn't tell me your name."

I said, Oh... my name is Bonnie Anne."

He said, "Well nice to meet you Bonnie Anne (Oh my God, the WAY he said my name!) and then he told me he had to go, and started to walk away with his buddies. So then as he turned his back on me, I got brave again and called out in a real sweet voice, "What... no hug?"

He kind of shrugged to his buddies, turned around and started walking toward me, "Sure, you can have a hug!"

He wrapped his arms around me and held me so tight, it took my breath away. I said, "I know I'm not as young and pretty as the women you usually hang out with... but I love you Gerry."

He just kept holding me, and it was very close and intimate and connective, but not sexual. I placed my hand on the back of his neck and pulled his face down to mine, and I said, "Gerry... I really do care for you. I am a fan from Gb.net and I am GAL, and you have changed my life."

He didn't say anything, but just pressed his body closer and kind of breathed softly into my ear. Again, this was in no way sexual, but it was very intimate... as if he really cared about me. I said, "You are very special Gerry... I don't know how or why, but you move us all."

I kept thinking he would break away from our hug, but he did not... and then he just whispered, "Thank you." There was so much spoken in that hug... I could really feel his loving heart and kindness.

It was so lovely.

Swan

Oh my, so much to catch up on. So here goes:

Suz: I hope Megan gets well soon. I've got two grown kids and even now when they are ill I worry.

Lish: Your nephew is sooo cute. I'm glad he is doing well. It's hard work but worth it for everyone - including loving aunts.

Becosy: I hope you are getting back in your own place and the power thing rights itself. This must be soo disrupting for you.

Beachie: I am so jealous of you and Pam (FP) getting together. I will be thinking of you two chatting over dinner on Sunday night. (That will actually be my Monday morning - I will be there in spirit with you two).

Beanie: I'm so glad the eye surgery worked for Jeff. I have two friends who have had it done and they had the same reactions - wonder and relief all mixed in.

Hopelesslybad: HI and WELCOME. Look forward togetting to know you.

Abrock: Although you know I'm Kinky about Terry, I understand you about Lara shooting him - he's a bad boy and it was him or her. Now I would have taken the time to try to explain to Terry BUT I'm not Lara.

Rush: I was like you about babies. I had decided actually, that I didn't want them. Then the family pressure started. I gave in when hubby said it was up to me but he wanted kids. He wouldn't leave me but.... So I had them AND my career. It was bloody hard work giving them and my career attention but the kids are now grown and great. It was certainly worth the hard work on both fronts. But the career goes away and the kids don't. That's the lasting effect. It depends on how much you want things as to what you will put up with to get it. Just my .02 cents worth anyway.

Swan: Hang in there - think positive - good days are great, bad days to be forgotten. We are here for you. Prayer on the way. EDIT: What a dream. Hope it comes true for you Hon. I've got goosepimples from reading it.

Bethy: Still hold you and your mum in my prayers each day. Hugs to you both

As for 300 2nd Journal, very interesting. It sooo peaks my interest in the movie even more. A few nice shots of Gerry but the whole intellectual bit about how they are putting it together is wonderful.

To all the GALS I have missed out here, I love you all.

Edited by Terry's Witch

Waving Hi to - aussierose, Phantom's Muse, Stargazer, Dr. Em and all the GALS

Beachie

Hey Beachie! *waving* I'm...alive. Barely. Have a horrid migraine and needed to call in sick to work as I couldn't even see straight. I think I'm returning to bed now...tummy feels weird, too. Bleah.

HI to all of you lovely ladies! OMG, Swan...what a GREAT dream. *sigh* And, yea, I want to find a great guy and have a bouncing baby as well (especially before I get any older)!

Love and hugs,

Christine

:Draculababy: :KingLeosheadicon: :mopboyattila: :mopboyerik: :mopboymarek: :stranger:

Sarah, I posted that story you asked for in the Over 18's under Terry.

PM: Bummer on the migraine. Sending good vibes so you feel better. Dark room and thoughts of Gerry should help. So should a temple rub from :stranger:

My God Swan, that dream makes me want to swoon....

I actually can imagine Gerry doing this.. :clap::clap:

Rush - thanks for the comment. I know if it's meant to be then it will be.. ::D:

Edited by aussierose

PM...I am so sorry to hear about your migraine. I was a severe sufferer for a long time. After I started working for the ED docs, one of the gracious fellows spent some time with me one day while in the midst of one that started at work. He said that I was suffering from stress migraine and needed to reduce the stress. After throwing up in his lab coat pocket, I grimly and explatively inquired on just how I was to go about getting rid of the stress. Seems the headaches were the way my body was coping with the stress, not very effectitively, I might add. But he was right, I started my long journey, and I have only experienced one migraine in the last 11 months. Since I was having about 3 a month, with residual effects lasting over a week, I am thrilled with the results. They were consuming my life. The other thing that helped is he recommended on the onset of the migraine 800 mgs of ibuprofen, 450 mgs caffiene and 50 mgs benadryl (diphenhydramine), all of which you can obtain OTC relatively cheap. It worked like a dream. The prescription stuff wasn't helping and I couldn't work taking the narcotics. (They kinda frowned on that).

Okay, enough rambling, ya'll wanted me to post more, bet you didn't bargain for this huh!!!!

Swanie....that dream, yikes....I hope it comes true you, heck, I hope it comes true of all of us!!!!!

Beachie...Good to see ya!

Dr. Em..good to see you too!!! :dance3: :dance3:

Edited by FergieMGS

Oi. I've been sitting here for almost 45 minutes catching up on posts!! I was actually in the middle of an English assignment, but I haven't even looked at it for a long time!

Just a drive by....

:wave: to everyone!! And welcome, Hoplesslybad!

My visit's a drive-by, too. Hope everyone has a good weekend...

and Swan...I hope your dream was a premonition!! And when you get to meet Gerry someday, it will be just like that and you'll have that wonderful sense of deja vu!!

:hugs: :mrkilty:

(Love Mr. Kilty!)

Edited by Songbird

Hey everyone,

Hope you are all having a good night. We are watching wedding crashers. Pretty funny movie. There is an ice storm going on outside. Hope we don't lose power. I'd hate to be cut off from my GALS.

Nighty night.

Whoa, Swan that's like cosmic or karmic connection or something!! Intuitive type people can and do really have those moments! That sounds so cool to me!! Kudos!

TW: Thanks for sharing your story! It's a practical one I can relate to and may very well mirror yours...as I know hubby and his family for that matter want babies (one day) hehe.

Suz, wedding crashers is hilarious!!!

Hi ya'll,

Finally have a little time to catch up on the posts, really should probably be studying, but couldn't resist checking out news on Gerry and all the GALS.

Guess, I'll jump on the baby bandwagon with my thoughts. I had to take fertility drugs for 5 years before I became pregnant with my daughter. My pregnancy was great - no morning sickness - up until about 32 weeks when I began to show signs of preeclampsia. I was in the hospital 3 days, got the steroid shots and then had an emergency c-section at 33 weeks. My little girl weighed about 3.5 lbs and luckily had no respiratory or other problems. We stayed in the hospital for a month and she was never on a respirator. I'm saying all this because, when I think back about everything I went through. When I look at my little girl (she's 5 now) singing "The Phantom of the Opera" (she's a little actress) I would go through all the pain, worry, and stress again. And, although her father and I divorced when she was 2, I wouldn't change anything about my experience, because it brought me her. Children change you in ways you never thought possible. They make you laugh, cry, (sometimes within the same day ::D: ) and teach you so many things. ('m just waiting until she turns 13 :music::confused: ) Enough of my ranting.

I don't have any Terry pics :terrymuscles: and I still haven't seen TR2 from the beginning, but I did see enough of GB to keep me interested. :terry: :cool:

Sending "Get Well wishes" to everyone who is feeling bad :sick:

Going off to "dreamland", hoping I might have a dream like Swan's :inlove:

Sarah, I posted that story you asked for in the Over 18's under Terry.

Coolio! :clap::cunning::cunning:

Hey TW - did you have any probs getting on the site this morning? Both fee and I couldn't get on!