Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Novelistgirl

Box Office

I agree that it is sad that it didn't do better, but it was so definitely for just a "certain" audience.

There are a lot of us who didn't like parts of that movie--or even all of the movie. I think we

all agree that Gerry gave it his "all" and for that reason we support him. Many people knew

the films the the producers/directore make, and it just isn't for them. I often wonder if his

mother has seen the film and what she would think of it. Proud of her son, no doubt, as are

we (or at least I am.) Now, on to LAC!!

Judy

I actually enjoy Gamer more each time I see it. I think the 1st time, I was afraid I was going to be sick, but I felt OK. The jerky movements of handheld cameras can make me queasy. I can't watch my nephews play video games, but I'm okay if I do it myself.

Now that I don't have to worry about that, I can watch the movie more closely. The violence doesn't bother me and I think Gerry really does excel during action sequences. I can see why those that particularly love action movies would want him to devote his time to that genre, because he IS so good at it. He is completely believable when handling weaponry and moving throughout the "game".

That being said, I especially like the scenes where you see John Tillman. He doesn't speak much, but as we all know Gerry can be very expressive w/ a look, whether it's introspective or interacting w/ others. I loved the scenes Gerry had w/ Amber Valleta. They were some of my favorites. My only complaint w/b that I wish there were more scenes outside of the game and the ending was a little abrupt.

All in all I really like the movie. I'm going to try and go see it again tonight.

Ren

I'm going to try and go see it again tonight.

Ren

Alright! That makes two of us on board for a second wave box office push. How many more can we get? :)

Steph

Okay, my streak continues..........I really do like this movie more every time I see it.

I was the only girl in the theatre.

Oh well..........me and a bunch of teenage boys. :lol:

Lucky for them ;)

Ren

Edited by Rendita

Okay, my streak continues..........I really do like this movie more every time I see it.

I was the only girl in the theatre.

Oh well..........me and a bunch of teenage boys. :lol:

Lucky for them ;)

Ren

Haha, exactly! I should be able to go again tomorrow night... or Wednesday at the latest. :D Looking forward to seeing it again... it's been over a week now!

Steph

I'm really bummed I won't be able to see it one more time before it leaves the theaters. I would love to ... I really liked it the second time. :)

I'm really bummed I won't be able to see it one more time before it leaves the theaters. I would love to ... I really liked it the second time. :)

Awww! Well, at least your heart's in the right place. I'll tell you what, I'll see it twice more for you! I'd be happy to extend the same offer to anyone else... although I might have to start taking donations. ;)

Steph

You know I'll see it for you Lisa. I saw TUT an embarassing # of times. I definitely need to get in some more Gamer viewings.

Ren

I hope to see it tomorrow. My daughter's seen it and wants to go again. She like MC Hall, so whatever floats your boat!

I haven't seen it a second time yet, not because I don't want to but because I had to get these financial reports done for the bank and only finished them this afternoon (and had to work most of the weekend too). Tomorrow I have jury duty - maybe if they let me out earlier than my usual work time I can go see it afterwards. I will probably feel like watching things get blown up after a day at the courthouse!

Susan, please don't remind me. We're working on budgets for next year and I have way too much to do.

I love my f@&kin' job.

Ren

I haven't seen it yet. I know I know but I just can't bring myself to go and see this movie. I'll wait for video. I will support all of his movies, but this one will just have to wait for video. I would have thought that it would have done better at the box office especially w/all the hype but not the case. I think it's a conspiracy. Yes, i'm throwing out my conspiracy theories again. I can't help it. ;)

Cassie

And I still have to get there once. :p I don't know, I just can't bring myself to go see this movie. But if you want you can send me a PM and tell me what happens. :funnyface:

Cassie

GALS you've convinced me to go see it a second time. :) I didn't really like it but everyone keeps saying they liked it better the second time...so off I go!!!

I'm taking my friend with me. She's not a Gerry fan (maybe this is the wrong movie to Butlerize her :unsure:) Guess we'll have to wait and see....:lol:

And I still have to get there once. :p I don't know, I just can't bring myself to go see this movie. But if you want you can send me a PM and tell me what happens. :funnyface:

Cassie

Why is it that you're so hesitant? Not an action fan, or what?

Steph

I saw it a second time today and I did actually like it better. I knew already which parts I didn't want to watch and it turned out it wasn't that many.

Funny thing is that I liked the dance scene better the first time. I originally thought that Michael C. Hall did his own singing but this time when I realized he was just lip-synching to Sammy Davis, Jr. it changed it for me somehow. Could have done without it. Gerry, as usual, is wonderful. The movie isn't great but it is pretty good. It was me and 2 guys in the theater.

Oh, and Lisa, was it you who wasn't sure what Tillman says to his daughter at the end when she asks "Are you my Daddy Tillman?" - he says "Every day". I still loved how Kable took care of Castle, and that the whole world saw it. I still hate the very end - what a complete let down - B.O.R.I.N.G. So much wasted potential.

I watched the credits to the end and I have to say I don't know that they did this movie for ony $15 million. I think there were about 15,000 people in the credits! Really, they go on forever!!

Fun thing is I got to make it a double feature because The Ugly Truth was playing in the theater right next to it and the show started 10 minutes after Gamer ended so I went to see it too. There were 6 others in the theater for this one and a girl in the front apparently loved it because she was laughing her butt off in all the appropriate places. I heard a few other laughs too, but hers were the most enthusiastic.

I got to do this on a Tuesday thanks to the Orange County court system. I had jury duty today but ended up being releasd (for 12 months) after just 2-1/2 hours. I had said if I got out early I was going to see Gamer - this gave me time to see both, and do a bit of shopping, have a late lunch, and then come in to work for awile. I figured since I worked the holiday and a few hours each day this weekend I was owed the time off.

Hey did you know you can vote for Gamer in the Tweeterwall Film of 2009? It may not actually be the BEST film of 2009 but it is the only one of Gerry's 2009 films in the running and I seem to be the only one voting for it. If everyone here just gave it one vote it woul bump it way ahead of a bunch of other movies. You can vote every 20 minutes if you want to.

http://tweeterwall.mallplace.com/tw/worldwide/film09

I'm also voting for Hugh Jackman in Best Actor and Adam Lambert in the Ultimate World Idol competitions and would be glad for anyone to join me in those.

Oh, and Lisa, was it you who wasn't sure what Tillman says to his daughter at the end when she asks "Are you my Daddy Tillman?" - he says "Every day". I still loved how Kable took care of Castle, and that the whole world saw it. I still hate the very end - what a complete let down - B.O.R.I.N.G. So much wasted potential.

Yes Ma'am it was me. Thank you!!! :D and AWWWW

I so wish I could see it again! I'm glad you went one more time.

Well, I went to Gamer again tonight (yay!), and there were actually more people there than I expected. At 10pm on a Tuesday night there were about 15 people in the theatre.

Also, I noticed for the first time tonight that for the second half of the movie (or so), Simon is wearing a t-shirt that says "Crank" on it. I noticed it in the scene when he's being interrogated, and I laughed out loud. I think everyone else in the theatre was wondering what I was on, but I was pleased. It's fun picking up on little things like that, thrown in by the directors.

Steph

I noticed that the first time, at least in the interrogation scenes. I didn't pay attention to whether it was in others too. Neveldine and Taylor like to self-promote. You notice in the credits that they are not just the directors but they are also both Camera #1 and Mark Neveldine is also a Steadycam operator on the film. They truly are right in the mix the whole time. Still way too many throw-away characters IMO, but guess that way you don't have to develop your characters - just introduce them and kill them off.

http://tweeterwall.mallplace.com/tw/worldwide/film09

Gamer is almost ahead of Terminator and just a couple of votes behind G.I. Joe. If only a handful of us vote for it we'll push it ahead of some much bigger movies. Not that it means anything more than it is great to see a Gerry movie ahead of bigger box office films.

Saw Gamer last week and I have to say, it wasn't the kind of movie I normally would see, too violent for my taste but Gerry was wonderful and I don't just say that because he's the hottest man on the planet and I love him, no. He was fantastic, but did I expect anything else?

D

Why is it that you're so hesitant? Not an action fan, or what?

Steph

I'm not an action fan but I can do action when it's good action. I will see this movie just not sure if it will be in a theater. I'm just not feeling it is all.

Cassie