Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Wow Shamrock...you are very lucky to already have two little ones in your family and now two more on the way!! How fun that must be! Just think how much fun they will have as cousins growing up together and being so close in age. With my mom being the oldest of her 4 siblings, as a kid, my mom's three younger brothers and all their cousins were more like cousins to me. All the other cousins are very young. There was only one in the same age group as me and my siblings.

You are very blessed...Enjoy it! :wuv:

Elissa, hope your kitty is getting better. Isn't it amazing how dogs and cats can get the same ailments as people can...poor lttle furry things. :pug:

Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving day tomorrow, enjoying your loved ones, and thankful for all the wonderful things in our lives, especially our friends. :grouphug:

THANKS for the hug Mel!! :hug1:

Love, Nancy

Just dropping in to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving. May you hearts be as full as your tummys and may blessings be bountiful to you all.

Posted Image

Suzie

I would like to add my best wishes for a VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my GALS/PALS

and their families. Have a wonderful weekend.

Judy

Posted Image

Wishing my Galfriends a Happy Thanksgiving!
Hugs,
Anna X

Posted Image

Here I wanted to wish everyone a belated happy Thanksgiving Day -- and here is dear Anna! What a wonderful thing to see, and what an answer to prayer that is. Good to see you, if even on a flying visit.

To all the sick plumbing, sick kitties, and sick (flu-y) gal-friends -- get better, drink fluids, and take care of yourselves. You are all far too precious (cause just like wet towels, Gal-friends flapping around the house trying to get un-soppy --- it's not the way to spend a long-ish weekend). Take care of yourselves...

Just got back from a long week down with my folks....and a brighter blue, a brisker feel, and a more beautiful 4 days I have never experienced in coastal CA in late November....was shirt sleeve weather and I opened the front door to air it out as I was cooking turkey and dressing. Even changed clothes multiple times to get cooler and cooler...it was divine!

And I got up today to drive home and we had rain, a thunder and lightning storm to drive through, and a tornado alert up here. Typical. However, I found a 24 hour Christmas music station and sang my lungs out all the way home after finding friends and having a lovely lunch outside...in the thunder and lightning. Gotta love California.

Happiest of Thanksgiving weekends to you all. Hope you find deals in the malls and love at home. Love you all. Jill

ANNA!! Darling girl, it's so good to see you here!! I'm so glad your eyes are doing better!!

Jill, you are the only person I know who would eat outside during a thunderstorm! :funnyup: Good for you! Elissa and I are hoping to make a trip to Redding in the spring to spend a few days with Sue. I hope we get to see you too!

I had a lovely Thanksgiving with my mother and brother at Air Force Village (a retirement community for Air Force officers and widows). They put on a spread you would not believe! However, they don't allow you to take home leftovers. Naturally, I stuck a plastic bag in my purse so I could bring some turkey home. Naturally, I was trying to be sneaky and not be noticed as I stuffed turkey into the bag. Naturally, Miss Sneaky managed to drop the bag on the floor so everyone could see it! I snatched up the bag and made my escape before anyone could catch me while mother and Rick strolled out of the dining room pretending they didn't know me!

The rest of this weekend is going to be a challenge. Both my son and his new wife and my former daughter in law and her new hubby are visiting. Since running into each other would be like mixing matter and anti-matter, keeping both couples apart has meant some careful planning. However, I am managing it with a little more grace than I used with my attempt at turkey smuggling!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. It's no good trying to dodge the hugs I'm sending you, because they will catch up with you anyway!

:wuv:

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma

OH SUZIE!!! SQUEEEEEEE (my first official squee!!!)....if you get here, I'll be there. (here? whatever, I'll show up)...that would be amazing.

I get to do nothing today! YEAH. I think I'm going to put on Christmas movies all weekend and decorate for Christmas! What a lovely thing to do!!!

And I just want to be clear about eating outside in a lightning storm -- I was on a patio with a real roof.... my Texas Grandpa didn't raise no dummy --- but I DIDN'T have on a coat -- just a 'fashionable' CA sweater!!! HHAHAHAHAAAAA (I'll add that we had the dogs - westies - so outside was the best...as was the crepe --- OH MY WORD.....Tuscan...olives, spinach, cream cheese, garlic, onion, roma tomatoes, goodness me oh my....)

Off to decorate. Fa la la la laaaa la laa laa laaaaaaaaaa Jill

WESTIES????? You had WESTIES???? I had Westies for years and years and lost both of them. I was absolutely gutted! I have a wee mutt Posted Image now who is a darling, but if anything ever happens to her...hopefully in the fullness of time....I'm getting more Westies! And Jill, please do not mention the crepe again. It just did awful things to my taste buds because I WANT one and can't have it!

Hugs,

Suzie

Jill, my plan when Suzie and Elissa come is to have a slumber party with all of us GALS, watching Gerry movies and just acting like 16 year olds (in preparation for Las Vegas!!! You call decorating for Christmas nothing???? I call it major work...lol. I'm almost done. I have scaled way back...it's not going to be the same this year but I will make the best of it. I've been wrapping Christmas gifts and have my list ready to go back out and finish up my remaining shopping today...and than to the cards...lol.

Frannie, how is Mason doing? I've been thinking about you and him and your whole family and keeping you in my prayers.

I didn't want to say anything before Thanksgiving ... but my dear friends, could you please keep my granddaughter Desirae in your prayers. She is my step daughter Darla's daughter and she is 34 years old with two small children. She got news this past week that the sonogram she had (she has been having major female problems) showed what the doctors suspect is advanced ovarian cancer. The are planning a hysterectomy in the next few weeks. Darla lives up here in Redding and has been such a rock for me this past year and now it is my turn to be there for her....

Suzie don't you dare call Teeny a wee mutt....she is so cute...I just love that picture of her. Well, speaking of wee muts...mine is barking at the back door to be let in....

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

Oh no Sue...That is not good news. I will certainly keep Desirae in my prayers!

BTW....I so wish I was able to join your jammie party! I am so happy for you guys that you will be able to get together for a Gerry fest!

Tommy called this morning and said Mason is doing good and that they increased his meds... Thanks for asking my friend! I know your a worry wart! :p

Suzie....you always manage to make me laugh...Thanks Sweetie. I really needed a good laugh today!

Anna....Put me on the happy list to see ya Galfriend! Hope your eyes are 100% now and you are BACK with us cause we miss ya something awful!

Nancy, good to see you too Hun! I know you're are most likely working your tail off! What else is new? :cunning:

All my Love to all my Galfriends and can't forget my Palfriends either!!

I'd name ya all off but I know I'll forget somebody ..... :doh:

:wave: Frannie

:wave: Hi Frannie...you just reminded me that I have a Christmas siggy from last year, made by YOU, so I should get it posted soon.

Hope everyone is doing wonderful, recovering from the Holiday weekend...eating too much and shopping too much...I was a good girl. Not too much eating OR shopping!! ;)

JILL, I liked your Thanksgiving story along the CA coast. We had nearly 80 degrees out in Riverside and it was great!! I know it sounds funny, but it was a cool 80. Very cool in the shade and when it's later in the year, since the days are shorter, then the heat doesn't last. It was actually chilly on the drive home.

I DO love California!! :pointy:

:hug1: to ANNA!!

Love to all,

:kiss: Nancy

Hey everyone,

My growing by leaps and bounds family :lol: are headed home now. Had a great weekend with them here. We had a wonderful dinner and then we all went to visit my SIL's family's dairy farm where he showed my toddler granddaughter the baby calves that were just born and she helped him feed one with a bottle. Needless to say she she was jumping up and down with excitement. :yay:

Oh Sue, I will add Desaire to my prayers. What a blessing that you are there for each other. Have fun decorating. And you are almost finished shopping? Holey cow! I have to get cracking! I have done nada as of now. :sad:

:hugs: Anna! So happy to see you on a little at a time.

Now back to reading and catching up with GALS. :Wave and :hug: to ya'll.

Diane

:menkilt:

Sue, PRaying praying praying. Yes, Darla has been a rock....and I am including her in my prayers. Slumber party? I'm there. I'll figure out the jammie thing and be ready.

Suzie! I love those Westies, although they belong to my dear friends in Sacramento. I have to have one of my own some day. I long for one and to name it Macduff -- so I can tell it "lead on, Macduff!" Ok -- I'm weird. Whatever.

Nancy, I absolutely get the cool 80 thing. How it can be sun shiney and 70's and brisk too I don't know, but I know it can. It was a refreshing week weatherwise.

Ok. Back to work tomorrow...and none of the decorating I promised myself done....however..... I made Christmas presents, made my first sorte into my (brand new) diabetes medications (long story --- just was officially diagnosed)...read 2 books, and made turkey soup -- so feeling productive nonetheless.

Love to all. Jill

Just popping in to say hello. So... hello :D

Life's been chaos with work and studying for work but I'm counting down the days before I go to England for 2 weeks, to spend Christmas and New Years with a friend and family. :dancer:

3 weeks to go yaaaaay :yay:

I hope everyone is doing well :p

Nice to hear from all of you! I am sad to see that this thread seems neglected as of lately.

Hope we can keep it going because I do love to keep up with my GALS friends and this

is one of the threads where we do that!

Dutchie, hope you have a wonderful time on your vacation. THe holidays will be here

before we know it!

Wow, a slumber party in the spring. What fun to look forward to! We had a nasty, rainy

day on Thanksgiving here in the Willamette valley, but the day after was pretty much

shirtsleeve weather so we must have gotten a bit of your good weather. (I live 6 hours

up the freeway from Redding.)

Hugs to all,

Judy

Posted Image to all my sistars!!

Judy, you can always come down for the slumber party you know...

Have a wonderful vacation Dutchie!

Darla is down in the bay area now with Des....she has a doctors appointment today and I hope to hear some news (still praying it isn't as bad as the initial diagnosis).

hugs to all.

love,

sue

Posted Image to the support center Natalie...

No need to buy any of these lovely floors :lmao: ...these rooms are for free to all GALS who just want to come, hang out and get to know each other better and to drink a lot of Posted Image or have a cup of Posted Image...

so pull up a chair and here ... have a piece of chocolate :yummy:Posted Image

I must say though...you got the best Gerry....the real one. I absolutely love the siggy Frannie made for you of your special moment!

hugs,

Sue

Edited by irish

Posted Image to the support center Natalie...

No need to buy any of these lovely floors :lmao: ...these rooms are for free to all GALS who just want to come, hang out and get to know each other better and to drink a lot of Posted Image or have a cup of Posted Image...

so pull up a chair and here ... have a piece of chocolate :yummy:Posted Image

I must say though...you got the best Gerry....the real one. I absolutely love the siggy Frannie made for you of your special moment!

hugs,

Sue

ahhh i see, i am soo upset that i have never been to america

if i came over to visit i would be there every single day

i've got GALS and i've got it BAD ha:P

aww he is just amazing in they pics

frannie made an excellent job, i was veryyy greatful

love natalie

xoxo

Natalie, you don't have to be in the US to come to this room and enjoy Gerry...

But hopefully you can come to our convention in Las Vegas in June...now that is when we take over a hotel... :whoa:

Natalie, you don't have to be in the US to come to this room and enjoy Gerry...

But hopefully you can come to our convention in Las Vegas in June...now that is when we take over a hotel... :whoa:

it would be my dreaam to go to the conventions in las vegas, but moneys very tight at the moment and some of my exams are in June!!:(

do they have conventions every year?

:wave:

natalie

xoxo :p

Yes Natalie...every June and always in Vegas. Gerry came to the first one and he has always been very gracious and sent stuff that is auctioned off for charities. He also has called and spoken on speaker phone to the GALS as well. So until you can afford to come over the pond and meet us in person, you can just hang out here with all of us!

hugs,

Sue

Wow, we have finished construction of the 2nd highrise of the Support Center. I think we may go with smaller buildings in the future as this one took a very long time to complete. We should still do the rooftop terrace so I think we have one more "construction" to go on this one. It will be up for your posting pleasure shortly.

Posted Image