Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

I'm an LPN!!! Passed boards!

My ex and I also sold our house!!!

It's been SUCH a great day. The boy is in bed, gonna take my Dan to bed before something bad happens to ruin it!

Wow. Lots of exclamation points in there.

Ha Ha See Lish good things do happen to good people.Congratulations to you looks like you are on a roll. Plus you sold the house! Savor this!

LISH!

CONGRATS! I am so happy for you! You use all the exclamation marks you can find, girl!

Jill

:goodjob:

Congratulations, Lish!! My daughter went through nursing school and became a LPN after the

first year.

Gosh, there hasn't been much participation on this thread in the last few days. Where is everyone?

I look forward to coming here every day!!

Judy

Yum... :kiss:
http://www.gbgalsgallery.com/d/85661-3/35.jpg

Congratulations to Lish!! :pointy:

Hugs from me :wuv:

Edited by discoveringme
Changed picture to link. Exceeded 250 x 250 guidelines

Now THERE is a passing boards gift!!! Mmmmmm mmmmm mmmmmmmmm!!!

LISH! :funnyup:

Oh, I concur I concur.

Yum.

Jill

Hey ladies,

I didn't realize that it has been about 2 weeks since I've been on the board. My how time flies. Hope all of you are well. I've been a bit under the weather for a spell and haven't really felt like searching the net at all go figure. Actually, I was having chest pains this weekend and they admitted me and I was released yesterday afternoon. I'm fine but more tests are needed to figure out what exactly is wrong w/me. Oy! I'm falling apart and i'm too young to be falling apart. :tantrum:

Anyhoo, must go skip through the site to see what is going on.

Cassie

Posted Image I knew you would pass that test, I don't know why I just had a feeling. Good job, congratulations!

Posted Image Cassie, I hope it's nothing serious and that you start to feel better real soon.

Big hugs to those who need them and those who don'r as well.....

Posted Image Peggy

Lish: :goodjob:

Cassie: feel better soon!

I just saw the LAC trailer and I can't believe I have to wait an ENTIRE MONTH to see it! :tantrum:

Mousie :wuv:

Wow, I hadn't realized I haven't been on this thread in over 10 days. I'm so sorry.

Suzie, my thoughts and prayers are with your grandson, and with his friend's family. How tragic the whole situation is.

Lish - congratulations on passing boards AND on selling the house. It's PAR-TAY time for you!!!

:party::cheer2:

Cassie - I hope they figure out what is wrong and that it is something simple to correct. Anything to do with chest pains is always scary.

Hugs and prayers for all who need them.

Hi Galfriends....I've been a bit busy meself and haven't been here in a while .....Suzie, so sorry to hear such tragic news ...I really feel pain for his family and of course your Grandson...I'm sure though you are breathing a sigh of relief and can't say that I blame ya!

Lish....Congratulations on both of your fantastic events......I wish so I could sell my property!!

Cassie, Sweetie, I hope your okay. Chest pain especially in women can be very tricky. Keep us posted please!!

I've been having my bad days and my few and far between good days but the good part is I'm losing weight daily!

Today I made a beautiful pot roast with all the fixin's and I had to eat Oatmeal! :tantrum:

Well my friends...guess I'll go peek around and see if any thing new is happening. I can't wait til Oct. 16th for LAC! :yay:

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to all, Frannie

Just passing through! Love and hugs to all of you and prayers as well.Have a good work week,school week. See ya around...Tanya

Hello to all and have a great week, ladies.

Jill

Hi everyone! I've spent a few days with a bad case of the yuckies, but am feeling better now. Nothing serious, just yucky....

Anyway, I wanted to start getting a few of my pictures from the UK trip downloaded and am having trouble with the bandwidth at Photobucket as they are all high def. However, I posted these in another thread and felt they were appropriate to post here too.

"I would like to add a line to the "YOU KNOW YOU HAVE GALS WHEN....You have a once in a lifetime opportunity to explore ancient cities and you spend all your time watching for photos of Gerard Butler!"

First in London: Posted Image

Then in Edinburgh:Posted Image

Suzie

Will post more after I clean some stuff out of Photobucket.

Edited by Texas gramma

Hello to all! Hope you are having a good week. Suzie, I love the photos and am looking

forward to seeing more from your trip. Sorry you were feeling yucky. ALso glad to have a

little action here at the thread--has been a little sparse, lately.

Hugs,

Judy

Welcome!! ...

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

I have to say #1, 3, 4, 6 and 10 are me :)

Well, I haven't been here in a lot longer than two weeks but it feels good to be home with my friends and fanmily!

Posted Image Cassie.....yes, you have GALS and you have come to the right place. Just look at Suzie's last post for example Posted Image ... that's GALS for you!

Frannie, you still aren't feeling well? I'm so sorry....Posted Image and you too Cassie. You ARE too young to be falling apart.

Suzie, my heart goes out to that young soldiers family. I will remember them in my prayers. Such loss is so devastating. But I can't help but thank God that your Erich is safe. My nephew is finally on his way home from Afganistan thank God. But this is his third time and he may still have to go back. He's a fighter pilot so at least he is on a ship and in the air (where I think it's a wee bit safer).

Lish, Posted Image ... things are coming together for you and I'm so glad.

EM, it does my heart good to see you posting here!

Well, my wee Bonnie is keeping me busy which is a good thing .....Posted Image...and Cat, you were right...she is definitely at my heels all the time...lol.

Bryan came up this weekend to help me take care of some things which needed to get done. Since it was a working weekend he came alone ;) so I didn't get to see my babies...but Monday he made up for it by sending gramma some of the cutest pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thank you again my sweet sistars for all of your love and support .... I love you all!

Now where is Anna?? and where is Jilly? and Alice? and everyone??

hugs,

Sue

Hi Sue,

Welcome back Sweetie, you've been missed. Hope you're keeping well.

Thanks for postin the pictures of your beautiful babies. That includes Bonnie.

You remain in my thoughts & prayers.

Keep the faith

WendyM

SUE! I am ecstatic to see you Sweetie... Peggy called and told me you had posted so I just had to come and see for myself and say I SOOOOO MISS YOU!... Hope each day is finding you as well as you can be right now... :hearts: BTW...got something in the mail yesterday...Very precious and I will cherish them my friend....though you didn't have to get me bawlin again... :kisswink: Not really....it's good for the soul!

Can I just say.....I WANT A PUPPY! OMG....your little fur baby is sooo cute....and then of course there's B2....He's getting so big and what a precious child!

Anyway, my sweet friend, hope to see more of you when you're feeling up to it. You know we're all here to support you and yes we ALL miss you!

:kiss: {{{{{HUGS}}}}} Frannie

OMG Sue.....I didn't even see the new little bundle of joy! I am as usual in a hurry....so glad I checked back....I swear I thought B2 was holding a doll! Well I guess he is! A DOLL BABY! ADORABLE!

Edited by ladyfran

Just had to say how wonderful it is to have you back, Sue! That little puppy is just the

CUTEST little girl, and your two grandchildren are adorable. Also, welcome, Cassie--

there is a lot of "friendship" goin' on in this thread! Do hope all of you who have not been

feeling so well, are better. Have a good day, everyone!

Hugs,

Judy

"I would like to add a line to the "YOU KNOW YOU HAVE GALS WHEN....You have a once in a lifetime opportunity to explore ancient cities and you spend all your time watching for photos of Gerard Butler!"

][/url]

Suzie

I second that motion. I know exactly the feeling. I was running after a bus in London to get a photo of a GAMER advertisement. I failed miserably and made a full of myself outside Harrods but my husband had a good laugh. :-)

Love your pictures, thanks for sharing.

Theresa

Bryan came up this weekend to help me take care of some things which needed to get done. Since it was a working weekend he came alone ;) so I didn't get to see my babies...but Monday he made up for it by sending gramma some of the cutest pics:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/iris...20Finn/th_2.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/iris...20Finn/th_3.jpg

hugs,

Sue

Your grandchildren are soooo adorable. The second photo especially is to die for. I wish all the best for them.

Theresa

Sue - it is so good to see you here again. You have been missed. Your babies are so beautiful. Any idea how big Bonnie will get? One of my coworkers had her labradoodle at the company picnic the other day and he was a BIG boy - looks like a Portuguese water dog.

I should be in Scotland just before Law Abiding Citizen is released there so I hope I get to see some posters for it - and take pictures too! I so would have done exactly what you did, Suzie!!

Our Britrail passes got here today - we will make sure to take full advantage of them during our trip.

Here are a few more pics from the UK trip:

Gerry's stone at Culloden that was purchased for his birthday in 2007 by some of the GALS and .Netters:

Posted Image

Suzie and Rick at Buckingham Palace. Do we look like siblings?

Posted Image

Libby at Stonehenge hoping to get to Jamie Fraser. (It didn't work!)

Posted Image

Our Anna and Lulu:

Posted Image

Hamish, the "Hairy Cooow" with his biggest fan, Libby!

Posted Image

Suzie freezing her arse off at Loch Ness (at Urquhart Castle) (The only Nessies we saw were in the gift shop!)

Posted Image

I had to buy that fookin coat as soon as we got to Scotland - it was freezing!!

Will post more later....

Suzie

Sue, I'm so happy to see you back! We missed the dickens out of you!!

Edited by Texas gramma