Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Sue: B2 is SOOOO big!!!

Suzie: I LOVE the Hairy cow! I'm not scared of him... I'm scared of most cows but he's cute!

Thanks for the congrats, guys. Things are finally falling into place.

SUZIE!!! I love the pix. I adored Loch Ness (and have my kids do an investigation on it every year....) and I think I have 2 or 3 coats purchased in Inverness and Aberdeen for that exact same reason. Loves it.

Susan - you have a wonderful time in Scotland. Oh that any and all of us could be on the journey with you.

And SUE! Sweet Sue. It is sooo wonderful to have your green font pop up on the screen. Lovely to see you. And FINN!!! What a mop of hair! I loved the pictures of both the boys....and Bonnie is everything you said she was. I am so glad you decided to give this young lady a home.

Ok. Off to finish watching Dancing with the Stars. Len and the other guy just got into a wild spat and I LOVED it. Got to have more of that nonsense in my life!

Love you ladies. Jill

Posted ImageSue, it's so good to see you back posting.We all missed you so much. Your little guys are beautiful and so is your little Bonnie.B2 is getting so big!

Suzie, love seeing your vacation pictures from England and Scotland, that's as close as I'll ever get.My granddaughter is moving to Scotland next month.She leaves on Oct 13th to fly off to Scotland, her and her friend are moving there.We're going to miss her like crazy, I know her mom is gonna be lost without her here.At least her brother is still here.

Big hugs to those who need them and those who don't as well.....

Posted Image Peggy

Posted Image

Did I hear someone calling me?

Wow, how long since I was in here? Too long, have been having laptop trouble.....again! Twas the glitter glue your honour, I dropped it on the keyboard and it got caught under the keys and dripped into the workings. OOPS!

Never mind, saved my eyes a little. Speaking of which, is there something wrong with my screen, it sticks on some of the rolling siggies......or is it just my eyes?

So good to see you here Sweet Sue, I have missed you, :wuv: and Baby Finn is adorable, so is that new 'grandbaby' of yours Suzie, so cute!

Susan what are you doing with our Derek on your avatar? Cassie take care Sweetie, you really need to keep fit to keep up with your 'babies'.

Love to Frannie and Peggy, anyone seen Nancy? Sending good wishes to all my Galfriends, you know who you are, :kiss: especially Elissa, Mousie, Lish, Jill, Tracey, Eva Marie, insert name here..............and all Newbies too!

Must go now, eye strain,

hugs for all,

Anna X

Thank you for the welcome back and for the sweet comments about my "babies"...(all three of them) my dear friends. I've missed all of you so very much as well. I won't say that I have myself together yet but I'm working on getting back.

Peggy, love the special gif you made me...thank you sweetie.

Suzie, MORE pics pretty please...love them.

Susan, my Bonnie won't get that big because she is a "mini" labradoodle. But yeah, they come in big sizes as well.

Dear Anna, when are you going to get them eyes fixed? Soon I hope.

hugs to all...looks like there are some new photos of Gerry that are calling me.

love,

Sue

Welcome back Sue. We missed you.

Hugs, Linda

Sue! Great to see you!

I love the pictures, especially the yak!

Mousie :wuv:

Sue, so nice that you stopped by. Gorgeous pics of that new grandbaby Finn and his adorable big bro. I bet they are inseparable. LOL. My son says that 2 year old granddaughter Ellie wants to hold newborn baby Bea all the time.

Well, the grandma news keeps on coming for me. My daughter told us today that I am gonna be a grandmother again in April 2010. Yep, she is now pregnant (her first) about 12 weeks along. She waited till she could hear the baby's heart beat to announce the wonderful news (a little cautious because youngest son and wife had a miscarriage not long ago). The boys were delighted to hear the good news too. This is my baby girl so you know I am estatic!

A day of excitement for us. She called her older brothers and told them after she told me and then called her Dad at work to give him the good news! He was surprised--he had no idea! LOL.

Suzie, I love the pics of your trip! I had wanted to see a picture of the Culloden Stone for Gerry. It is awesome! I know the GALS and .netters are so proud of it. Wonder if Gerry has ever seen it? LOL tell Libby that when I go there (Stonehenge) it will work! Jamie Fraser, sigh....

Well have a great week ya'll. I'll be back later.

Diane

Hey everyone! Y'all know I don't post often, but had to add to the throng of welcome backs for our sweet Sue. Grandbabies are adorable! And I know they will help take the edge off of your sadness, so thank heavens for that. Still praying for you, sweetie.

Diane, Suzie doesn't have to tell me, cause you just did. Hope you have better luck than I did going through those stones. Maybe I'm just too fluffy.

Thanks for posting the pictures, Suzie. Most of you don't know that my camera died the 2nd day in London, so I'm as anxious to see those as the rest of you are - probably more so.

Anna, get the eyes fixed, woman!

Hi to Fran, Peggy, Jill, Susan, Nancy, Marcie, Mel, Cassie, Eva Marie, Elissa, Tracy, and everyone else, especially all the newbies.

Hugs,

Libby

:naughty: Mousie!

:humph: That ain't no Yak! That is a beautiful Highland coo!

There are quite a few grazing in a field near to my home, I think they have their own fan club, I do feel sorry for them in the heat of summer with all that hair here in sunny Wiltshire,

And yes it is cold in Scotland Suzie, I did tell you that, you do tend to end up wearing the contents of your suitcase all at once!

:wave: Hi Libby, hope that 'odd' handbag is getting an airing. ;)

Congratulations Diane, babies are such good news, sad I can't look forward to another, and my darling Lulu is only 7yrs old so it's a long wait for the GGranadma status. Don't forget to post in our special thread ladies, O love looking at the photo's there. :wuv: Sue. :kiss:

Hugs to all,

Anna x

:wave: everyone! I'm still here! I haven't been posting much lately because I went and got myself addicted to several games on Facebook and can't seem to pry myself away! :bonk:

Good Sport, Erin and went down to Rockport, Texas, on the Gulf coast for a long weekend last week. It was very relaxing. The weather was gorgeous with temperatures in the upper 80s-lower 90s so the swimming was great. I ate enough seafood to last me for a long time. :D

Sue-it is great to see you! Love the pictures of your grandbabies and fur baby!

Hi to Diane, Suzie, Frannie, Mousie, Anna, Libby, Peggy, Jill, Lish, Susan, and everybody else!

To all the newbies, :welcome:

:naughty: Mousie!

:humph: That ain't no Yak! That is a beautiful Highland coo!

There are quite a few grazing in a field near to my home, I think they have their own fan club, I do feel sorry for them in the heat of summer with all that hair here in sunny Wiltshire,

And yes it is cold in Scotland Suzie, I did tell you that, you do tend to end up wearing the contents of your suitcase all at once!

:wave: Hi Libby, hope that 'odd' handbag is getting an airing. ;)

Congratulations Diane, babies are such good news, sad I can't look forward to another, and my darling Lulu is only 7yrs old so it's a long wait for the GGranadma status. Don't forget to post in our special thread ladies, O love looking at the photo's there. :wuv: Sue. :kiss:

Hugs to all,

Anna x

Oops, sorry! Blame my parents-they said it was a yak! :wall: But it is a cool looking animal.

Diane: congratulations on your new grandbaby! That's always so exciting to hear.

Gooday!

Mousie :wuv:

I'm not typing this to totally dump & rain on people's parades. I need some extra love & support since obviously my family would be a bit biast (sp?)

I taught two years after college(2002-2005)1st grade, wanted to continue, no one would hire me, got a contract job working for the Fed Gov't through a contract company.

Teaching was never for me, plain & simple. I'd come home in tears every night for two years straight. The bad outweighed the good. I took the YMCA job here in August (Fun Company) as I had been unemployed for 8 months & a job with even less pay is better than no job, no money & my folks struggling to help me (they are a HUGE blessing in my life & I'm an adult mind you).

We have a phone that rings in the gym for people to call that particular school & anything in regards to Fun Company. I answered the phone politely. A parent on the other end was asking to speak to the director. I said she was not present & I offered to take a message & then offered to help her out. She told me the issue & I explained what needed to happen PER my director! It involved payment or there would be suspension because payment was long since over due. I was polite to this parent & even polite when I got off the phone.

Ya know how people tell you to smile when you're on the phone because the person on the other end can tell? I was smiling & polite. I even had to stop an activity to answer the phone.

Director later approaches me to tell me the irrate parent was the one who spoke to me over the phone. She said I was incredibly rude & as soon as she got off the phone went & called the HEAD LADY at the place that hired me & several other important people to say how horrible I was. I had NO IDEA she was a person who worked in the ER. She never mentioned having something keeping her from getting the payment to us this evening or there would be termination of services. I DID NOT KNOW the director had spoken with the child's other parent about payment.

My director came over & told me about everything & said it was a miscommunication on both our parts but I needed to be more careful.

EXCUSE ME?! I was VERY polite & professional over the phone. Hello I used to work with irrate Native Americans for the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT which is a higher classified job than a "glorified babysitter".

I know the director was busy trying to clean as I had some minor paper work to complete before leaving but I kept trying to talk to her & explain how everything happened. I asked if I was going to be called in & I asked if I needed to be prepared for anything.

So someone who is having a HORRIBLE day makes someone else's day worse AND possibly puts their job at risk in this painful economy while they are secure in their job.

This is why I don't like parents, ones who think they know everything, ones who won't listen, ones who don't care, & ones who think we're inferior to them & just a babysitter. I could go on forever.

My drive home is short but I played "Angels on the Moon" by Thriving Ivory & cried all the way home. When I pulled up in front of the house & parked, I sat there bawling like crazy while the song continued out, fearful of losing my job because someone would rather believe an irrate parent over an employee (these are my thoughts, nothing else has been said) & beyond terrified that I will lose my job.

It's bad enough my director is highly unorganized & expects me to read her mind or gets annoyed when I ask questions to understand better & enjoys taking off a lot of time & leaving me alone in the mornings & having to take care of things in the afternoons. YES I'm 2nd in command but she was taking advantage of the fact I was hired by taking days off. There was an incident where her daughter was extremely sick so I understand that, especially with so many cases of H1N1 in our school.

I take everything one day at a time & when I leave work, I leave it behind unless I have training online to do or find activies online to print off & put together a cirriculum.

If you are having a bad day, don't blow up to the point you could get someone fired for something they didn't even do.

What goes around comes around & treat others the way you would want to be treated.

I'm doing better after watching Bones & I got a phone call from the leader of the band I dance for inviting me over tomorrow night for one big family dinner (band family) & we're going to watch our recorded show from Sept 19th. I'm game for it other than I know I was sick that night (big time), I couldn't make dance practice due to work, and I know the one song I was allowed to dance to...I royally messed up on & felt bad for since I knew how it was supposed to go but the other girls changed it & didn't inform me. So I'll be all shades of red tomorrow night.

I hope I didn't totally dump on everyone here. I needed some extra support & this is just one of my many "families" or in this case FANmily.

:hugs:

Sapphyre:

I'm so sorry you had a bad day at work. I know

how you feel. I got written up at work a while back

for being "rude and obnoxious" to a patient. To

begin with I wouldn't treat anyone that way. But

expecially not someone who I know can complain

to my superiors.

Sometimes people just seem to perceive other

people all wrong. I do admit that I do have a weird

sense of humor. Maybe they thought that was

obnoxious. But truly not intended to offend anyone.

I will be praying that this doesnt count against you and

everything will be allright.

Hang in there. Thats hard to do sometimes when we are

upset. Just remember that we are all here for you if

you need us.

Debbie

Edited by Trekkiegoober

Thanks Debbie

There was an angry mob when I arrived 20 minutes late to work today. Hey when you're sick (I'll keep the details out of it) you're sick. Luckily the director & I were texting back & forth like crazy. She was running late & woke up late & lives further than me. She told our boss what happened to both of us. I kept apologizing to her & she said if I'm sick, I'm sick & there is nothing I can do about it. One first grade teacher who knows me (as I have to do school service hours so I help the first grade team by tutoring or helping the teachers get some stuff done) wrangled up the kids, kept the parents from going crazy & came in & assisted me until my director got there. She could tell I looked miserable. She had gotten word I was sick & would be there as soon as I could.

I swear I felt like I had fallen into the twilight zone. I'm ready for things to start looking up rather than down. I do have some cleaning to do before going back to work so I might toss in some Gerry loving & get to cleaning.

BIG HUGS! Thanks again Debbie

PS I have a very random sense of humor too but when on the phone or talking to a parent I'm ALWAYS polite. My random sense of humor comes out when I'm around friends or on the phone with friends or family.

In case anyone missed it, the DVDs of The Ugly Truth are now available for pre-order on Amazon. Now I can watch the love scenes in sloooow mo!! Woot!!

Sending tight hugs all around. Elissa, sorry you are having more computer problems. Mousie, those Hairy cows are gorgeous- just don't get too close! LOL!

Suzie

Darn router keeps going out! It's a new one too! It kicks us off our network several times a week. I'm gonna call Time-Warner and give them a piece of my mind whether I can spare it or not! :tantrum:

Posted Image my friends....

Elissa, that sucks....use whatever mind I have left to give them a piece of too!

Anne, sorry for your job woes...hopefully you will get that gov't job you want.

Posted Image to Frannie, Suzie, Anna, Peggy, Elissa, Deb, Lisa, Jill, Jenn, EM (if you ever come visit again), Susan, Nancy, Cat, Diane, Jude, Mousie, Kathy, Libby, Tanya, Jilly, Judy, Theresa, Amanda, Kyriem.... and to anyone else who visits us here ...just big hugs to everyone!

Frannie, are you ok? I haven't heard from you in a few days (you know how I am...I start to worry)...

It's suppose to cool off here in a few days and actually become fall. Can't say that I will miss the TRIPLE DIGITS we have been having..... :jackie2: I'm tired of sweating!!

Posted Image everyone. My girlfriend Sue is coming up from the bay area to spend the weekend and keep me company. She wants to go shopping...lol...she HATES shopping (I used to have to drag her shopping when we were next door neighbors)....but I know she just wants to get me out of the house.

love,

Sue

:hugs: to you, Sue. So glad to see you posting. You've been so missed. Give an extra squeeze to your friend, Sue, for taking you out shopping. She's a peach for sure. :kisswink: Luv ya, darlin'. You continue to be lifted up in prayer. :rose:

:hug1: and :wave: to all. I'm loving the crisp Fall mornings we are waking up to these days. My favorite time of year for sure. That reminds me. Sue, you made me a Fall siggie last year. I think I'll go post it!

I love the picture of the Highland cow. When I was a kid, the little local zoo in our area had one for awhile. He was adorable and very friendly with the visitors. Later, when my boys were camping with scouts, a family in our area raised them on their ranch would let the scout troop camp on their property. On more than one occassion the boys would wake up to the shaggy critters wandering through the camp, looking for handouts. :lol:

Tonight was the Installation Banquet for the San Antonio chapter of the Harp and Shamrock Society of Texas. Our Lady Elissa was installed as the newest member of the Board of Directors. (and neither Bill nor Erin nor I had a camera!) I am so proud of Elissa and wish her luck during what will be a very busy year for her. Elissa, YOU GO GIRL!

Suzie

:goodjob: Congratulations again to Elissa!

Here's to a great weekend everyone, and the problem with the 'slowmo' screen has been identified as being caused by some very slow changing siggies and avatars, mainly when I view the Siggy Piggy Threads, (which is a necessity to keep on top of the news) so glad it isn't my new laptop!

Take care Galfriends,

hugs,

Anna x

Congrats Elissa!

Good to know, Anna. I had wondered what was up as my Mac was UNHAPPY as I'd look through the Piggie Clubhouse. Assumed it was my fault, as usual.

Have had an interesting day...ran off to a meeting of our new Jane Austen enthusiasts' book club -- to which I had to wag a trifle clear across town and up a bumpy dirt road driveway ---with the whipped cream on the top tottering dangerously --- to sit in a beautiful garden and chat about AUsten...oh my. Too bad we had to clear out before it got to be the total of 107 !!!!! it will end up being today!

Came home and darned if the BLUE ANGELS weren't screaming over head most of the afternoon. "I FEEL THE NEED....THE NEED FOR SPEED...."

Saw the clashing of my idioms (Patsy.....for those of you who are Pythonites...) and loved every second of it!

Love to all......have a great weekend.

Jill

Thanks Sue! Me too!

I treated myself to the Sci Fi Magazine with Gerry in it today! It was so nice that I could spend my own money :)

I went ahead & pre-ordered TUT long before peeking in here. WAY cheaper on Amazon than Best Buy for sure! I can't wait! I hope it has a director's commentary & all the extra goodies an awesome movie like that should have :)

:hugs: all around

:kiss:

Speaking of Pythonites, you will appreciate the photos. These were taken at Doune Castle near Sterling in Scotland where a number of scenes from Monty Python and the Holy Grail were filmed. (The gift shop has more Monty Python related items than history items!)

(Click twice for full size)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

(As usual, it was cold, wet and drippy that day!)

(From Wikipedia) Scenes featuring Doune Castle include:

* At the start of the film, King Arthur (Graham Chapman) and Patsy (Terry Gilliam) approach the east wall of Doune Castle and argue with soldiers of the garrison.

* The song and dance routine at "Camelot" was filmed in the Great Hall.

* The servery and kitchen appear as "Castle Anthrax", where Sir Galahad the Chaste (Michael Palin) is chased by seductive girls.

* The wedding disrupted by Sir Lancelot (John Cleese) was filmed in the courtyard and Great Hall.

The only other castle used for filming was Castle Stalker in Argyll, also privately owned, which appears as "Castle Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh" at the end of the film. The DVD version of Monty Python and the Holy Grail includes a documentary, In Search of the Holy Grail Filming Locations, in which Michael Palin and Terry Jones revisit Doune and other sites used for filming. Doune Castle has become a place of pilgrimage for fans of Monty Python and the film, and, since 2004, an annual "Monty Python Day" has been held at the castle.

(We just missed it!~Darn!!)

This is Castle Stalker in Argyll:

Posted Image Posted Image

As you can see, we not only did a pilgrimage to Gerry related places, but Monty Python places too! LOL!!

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma