Gerard Butler GALS

Is Aaron Eckhart bigger than Gerry?

I just saw an advertisement on Yahoo about Jennifer Aniston's new movie "Love happens" that's out on Sep 18th in the US. I was very surprised to see that he gets first billing, i.e. his name comes before Jennifer's. Now, I know who Aaron Eckhart is but I hardly think he is more famous or has more box office power than JA. Normally I wouldn't care about these things, but I have the impression that the Bounty is marketed as JA's movie with Gerry as the co-star and that her name is first. So my question mainly to US GALS is this: is Aaron Eckhart bigger than Gerry and even JA in the US? Surely that's not possible! Why is our Gerry getting second billing? :-(

And just out of curiosity, where there rumours about JA and Eckhart as well when they worked together?

Thanks,

Theresa

Edited by terezoulini

Gosh, that has me puzzled! Aaron Eckhart has NOWHERE near the star power of JA and I am truly

surprised that he would get first billing. Very odd!

Judy

Edited by mommaduck
Nope, he isn't that big here and as far as I know there were no rumors of romance between him and Jennifer when they were filming. In fact I don't remember hearing much of anything about this movie until they were ready to release it. I don't think we know yet what billing Gerry will get in The Bounty. The media will pick its own darling and say what they want about who stars and who co-stars. For TUT KH was hired long before Gerry but when the billing came out it was equal. That is what I expect will happen with The Bounty as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Eckhart

Eckart is pretty low key and the tabloid press has taken no interest in him at all. I don't think he can be considered a big star,although he does leading roles, he does independent films for the most part, mixed in with studio releases from time to time.

Edited by Rubee815

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Eckhart

Eckart is pretty low key and the tabloid press has taken no interest in him at all. I don't think he can be considered a big star,although he does leading roles, he does independent films for most part, mixed in with studio releases from time to time.

Aaron is a fine actor, I've seen him in a lot of movies, last time in The Dark Knight.

Indeed he's low key, but maybe it's a not bad thing at all... Look at all the pics we had from The Bounty set, almost everyday!

I just saw an advertisement on Yahoo about Jennifer Aniston's new movie "Love happens" that's out on Sep 18th in the US. I was very surprised to see that he gets first billing, i.e. his name comes before Jennifer's. Now, I know who Aaron Eckhart is but I hardly think he is more famous or has more box office power than JA. Normally I wouldn't care about these things, but I have the impression that the Bounty is marketed as JA's movie with Gerry as the co-star and that her name is first. So my question mainly to US GALS is this: is Aaron Eckhart bigger than Gerry and even JA in the US? Surely that's not possible! Why is our Gerry getting second billing? :-(

And just out of curiosity, where there rumours about JA and Eckhart as well when they worked together?

Thanks,

Theresa

I read there were rumors Eckhart and Jen were dating. I can't remember the website, but they had a section on Jen dating her co-stars and GB was not one of them.

I read there were rumors Eckhart and Jen were dating. I can't remember the website, but they had a section on Jen dating her co-stars and GB was not one of them.

really????!?!?! And no rumor about JA and GB?? It has to be the only one site with no rumors about them... I got bored

of seeing him in that shirt for all summer... :fall:

There were probably even rumors that Jennifer was dating Marley, the dog, just because she was seen petting him on the set.

lol! :funnyup:

I think A. E. is a good actor but I don't think he is bigger than Gerard {just my opinion} and I don't get why it's always the co stars movie and not Gerard's he is probably the reason people go watch the movies anyway or at least the main reason :)

a final note: the only reason I'm going to see the Bounty is because of Gerard :)

Edited by Guest

Never heard of Aaron Eckhart before...

I´m looking forward to Bounty very much and going to watch the movie because of Gerard and also because I have no aversion towards JA (have not seen her in anything else so far). I would never base my opinion on a person because of paparazzi press, especially after I have seen various really ridiculous things written about Gerard.

Edited by Skatingfan03

I'm still seeing this only because Gerard is in it and I wish them both all the luck in their movie endeavors I was not trying to be spiteful in my comment I usually just blab what's on my mind :bonk:

Edited by Guest