Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
framolamdu

9/10 - Gerard Butler SNL Host 17 Oct

Good news comes to those who wait!! Well it doesn't exactly go that way but this is FREAKEN AWESOME!

:yay: Frannie

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!! :pointy: It's been ages since I watched SNL on a regular basis, but I always loved the idea that Gerry might someday host...I wouldn't miss this for the world! *runs off to mark calendar*

I love SNL. Been watching it for years.

I have been waiting for Gerry to host SNL since 2006, when I decided he would be a great and natural choice. Still think it took them too damn long, but very happy to see this finally happening! They will probably do some kind of 300 spoof, and I can think of lots of angles for a PS I Love You spoof (lets have some letters with really outrageous requests) - and I hope they do at least one (or more) sketch utilizing the Scottish accent.

Good job, Gerry! Yay!

I haven't watched SNL since the Church Lady left. I sort of switched to MAD TV for a while. Now I'm on this computer looking at "Gerry" all the time!

It will be interesting to see what type of "skit" they put Gerry in. It will definately have something to do with either 300 or Phantom. Maybe they'll just have him play himself and girls swarm the stage when he comes out and tear his clothes off! Yeah, that's the ticket!

D

I don't think we get SNL Down Under :tissues:

I'm sure we'll have it in Multimedia for members to download! And it will most likely stream on HULU too! ;)

Gerry has such respect for Phantom, I wonder if he would go along with a spoof. :reddeath2:

Who knows, maybe they will spoof 300 and he will wear that body suit he was always joking about! :lookin:

Whatever, it's going to be a hoot and even more people will fall in love with him. We may have to move over to make room, GALS!

Suzie

I was looking at my calendar here just now and I saw my reminder and I got excited again. Is it October 17th yet!

Cassie

I don't think we get SNL Down Under :tissues:

I'm sure we'll have it in Multimedia for members to download! And it will most likely stream on HULU too! ;)

HULU videos are not available to people in most countries outside the US, I'm afraid. :-(

Thank God for you ladies, you are the only hope for people who live in places where SNL is not available...

Theresa

Fun times ahead it seems. I actually might watch SNL for once. To me, it hasn't been funny since the late 90's early 2000's. But Gerry is going to be hosting it, so it's going to be intresting. :pointy:

Guest Kyriem

HULU videos are not available to people in most countries outside the US, I'm afraid. :-(

Thank God for you ladies, you are the only hope for people who live in places where SNL is not available...

Theresa

They're not available here either. Please don't forget to put it online as soon as you can!!! Thanks

Guest rcarder100

I think they should let the one guy that always plays Sean Connery on Jeopardy step aside and let Gerard do it. Atleast he will get the accent right!

Brilliant that GB is hosting SNL -too bad that SNL is not what it once was, sadly. Unless they got lucky and recruited some good new talent for this year. Not holding my breath on that.

Though when they have a multitalented host, like Justin Timberlake, they can hit it pretty good and Mr. Butler has a lot of material to work with in terms of all the films he has done alone.

Mel Gibson who hosted SNL in his saner prime was hysterically good. Many of us will never forget the Dream Gynecologist sketch.

Guest Kyriem

Brilliant that GB is hosting SNL -too bad that SNL is not what it once was, sadly. Unless they got lucky and recruited some good new talent for this year. Not holding my breath on that.

Though when they have a multitalented host, like Justin Timberlake, they can hit it pretty good and Mr. Butler has a lot of material to work with in terms of all the films he has done alone.

Mel Gibson who hosted SNL in his saner prime was hysterically good. Many of us will never forget the Dream Gynecologist sketch.

I didn't even know Mel had done that... I'm so out of SNL... here in Italy we only could watch the old series, the ones with J. Belushi, D. Aykroyd, etc.

You're watching the classics! There have been some very big talents that came out of Saturday Night Live! Dan, John, Chevy, Eddie, Gilda, et al....Everyong except John (RIP) have gone on to monumental careers!

D

PS It is easy to get around the problem with videos not being allowed to be shown out of country. I am Canadian and that drives me crazy. I have a free simple software program that hides your IP Address and you can also select an IP Address from the appropriate country if that does not work. I was watching a video on Hula.com yesterday. Not GB related but still.

Edited by lavender1960

One thing about SNL - they still get great musical guests which is usually the only reason I watch or a compelling host like GB. I watched last night's show because Ryan Reynolds is a funny guy and it was hit and miss as usual.

The best parts were

a) When Scarlet Johannson made a surprise appearance during a commercial skit and she was absolutely hilarious.

b) Lady GaGa and Madonna showed up in one skit - tearing each other apart, acting only darlings.

c) Lady GaGa performing.

I really like Shakira, so that's be good for GB's night. Also be great if a surprise guest showed up, Jamie Foxx was my favourite comedian on In Living Colour.

How about this for a sketch:

Gerry in kilts

The ladies in the cast trying to find out what Scots wear underneath - trying to take a peak here and there?

Inquiring minds want to know!

:hehe:

:menkilt:

How about this for a sketch:

Gerry in kilts

The ladies in the cast trying to find out what Scots wear underneath - trying to take a peak here and there?

Inquiring minds want to know!

:hehe:

:menkilt:

They can just have Gerry stand there for 90 minutes, that will do. Especially in a kilt. Ooch yeah.

Gerry's going to have a blast on SNL! I hope they have him do some sketch with the Phantom and/or King Leo!

Delene

I think we can all bet they are going to have a 300 satire, I think GB would demand it, though I don't know that we'll be seeing any flesh, darn, definitely don't want to see any of the SNL guys in Spartan gear.

I did read somewhere, and you know journalists, could have been totally wrong, but they were saying that GB was working on his SNL show last week - now of course he is not appearing until the 17th, and usually the SNL writing staff do not start writing for a show until the Sunday before but I could see he might want to make sure the writing is better than usual [or not complete shite as the Scottish and Irish say, I use that word all the time since I first heard it, seems less vulgar for some reason, bwah] Plus he has that Philly Festival where LAC is going be playing right, on the 15th, awfully close to the 17th.

RocknRolla has cool potential for satire.

Edited by lavender1960

I haven't watched SNL since the Church Lady left. I sort of switched to MAD TV for a while. Now I'm on this computer looking at "Gerry" all the time!

It will be interesting to see what type of "skit" they put Gerry in. It will definately have something to do with either 300 or Phantom. Maybe they'll just have him play himself and girls swarm the stage when he comes out and tear his clothes off! Yeah, that's the ticket!

D

Oh yeah!! That's the one I want! :pant::yummy: