Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
framolamdu

9/10 - Gerard Butler SNL Host 17 Oct

I looked at the thread and there WAS a disabled message. I'm not crazy. I saw it.

If that was some kind of an internet booboo, I certainly do apologize.

I'm upset that anyone here would actually discuss this as if GB meant what he said on that ridiculous show. I can't get past that. I might as well have been reading JJ. And, sorry, if I think a show host/hostess is a vapid twit, I'll say it.

Anyway, I simply adore the man. And, I just can not tolerate people picking his every word to death.

I adore and love this man more than my own life, so I understand that. But may I ask you a question? Does that mean that he can't do or say anything wrong? I took Gerry off his pedestal about a year ago, and my fandom has been better for it. I think once we realize that it's okay to be upset at the object of our affection, it makes him more real and fallible.

He's just a man, sweetie. And he's very much capable of making mistakes, and that includes things he may say. I don't begrudge him doing whatever he wants; I just don't need to know about it.

Anyway, I won't discuss the comment any longer. I just wanted to address the idea that it's okay to criticize Gerry when he's not perfect. :)

But don't leave GALS. Just don't go in the thread anymore. I'm not. :)

:hugs:

Lisa

Guest Kyriem

Don't worry, Lisa. Gerry is never going to get hitched. There's no woman that can tame that stallion! And it seems that even when he does let someone get him in the corral, his spirit gets restless and the call of the wild is too strong and the urge for the wide open range is too great, and he jumps the fence. Sometimes you have to leave the wild things unbroken because to do so, breaks their spirit and changes who they are. Like I said, some just aren't meant to pull in double harness. :spit:

Delene

Delene, it seems like you were writing about me...but I'm not Gerry!!! :wave:

Guest Kyriem

I adore and love this man more than my own life, so I understand that. But may I ask you a question? Does that mean that he can't do or say anything wrong? I took Gerry off his pedestal about a year ago, and my fandom has been better for it. I think once we realize that it's okay to be upset at the object of our affection, it makes him more real and fallible.

He's just a man, sweetie. And he's very much capable of making mistakes, and that includes things he may say. I don't begrudge him doing whatever he wants; I just don't need to know about it.

Anyway, I won't discuss the comment any longer. I just wanted to address the idea that it's okay to criticize Gerry when he's not perfect. :)

Lisa[/b][/color][/font]

Lisa, I so agree with you.

Gerry is a man, and I think I like him more when he's appearing not so perfect... I so despise PR teams who want to make their "proteges" appear perfect, the fact they succeeded in becoming movie stars doesn't mean they have no flaws.

The fact that Gerard can be publicly goofy or clumsy or silly sometimes makes me like him even more.

I don't understand why people got so serious, in a way or another, because of that show. If Gerry was joking or not, that's so his business. ;)

But why, why, why not? Let's see - she's beautiful, talented, Latina, intelligent, well-read, a philanthropist and verrra flexible. What's not to love? Yes, she has a fiance but heck they've been engaged for years and keep putting off the wedding, she must be waiting for someone better to come along - like Gerry!!

Ya know Susan when I found out she would be on I got kind of nervous.That girl is brilliant and she was a child prodigy to boot no slouch in the books dept either.