Gerry to attend MTV VMA's Sun 13 Sep

framolamdu

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beyonce makes me want to kill myself. :lol:

What? Why?

She's sooo gorgeous!! Legs for days ... body like a goddess. Geesh.

They haven't shown where he was sitting so I can't tell if Gerry left or not.

Lady Gaga is ... weird (and that's being nice) but she has such a good voice! Pink was terrific.

I try not to dwell on how other people look. I'm just me. I can be critical all on my own w/o comparing myself to anyone else.

Yes, Lady Gaga is strange. That last red lace cover on her face was very odd and she had that phantomesque mask on in the beginning.

Oh.......Beyonce just called Taylor Swift out.......I might cry.

ETA: Now Lady Gaga looks like she has a cream colored bird's nest around her face.

Edited by Rendita

Yeah, I'm just me, too, but man she's gorgeous. LOL I didn't mean I really want to kill myself. :lol:

Beyonce is one class act. She just went straight up to #1 female performers in my eyes. Good lady ... I have chills ...

Edited by phoenixgirl

I'm really proud of what she just did that was classy.Kanye was always a hot arse mess.No respect for anyone I know his mom is looking down at him and shaking her head, he is so lost

I have recorded the VMAs and will watch when I can fast forward through all the crappola. I did watch the beginning and thought the MJ tribute was touching. I lasted until Kanye West did his little display and robbed Ms Swift of her moment and I changed the channel. I know I'm showing my advanced age, but at what point in time did people like West with no class become such popular icons? He should be banned from live shows for life!

Suzie

Guess Gerry left the VMA show right after he introduced Muse.

That is what I heard anyway.

He looked great but his pants were too long. lol poor baby.

Yep he did!! He left to get his jeans hemmed at an all night tailors on Canal Street. He was sooooo busy today with the walk & then the tennis match, he had to go after his bit at the award ceremony!!

The Divine Miss S :rose:

Thank you everybody for saving me from saying the same thing!! KW is an egomaniac and always has been as far as I'm concerned. JMO! Just want to add that I watched as little of the show as I possibly could waiting for Gerry's intro...I caught it just in time and thought he did a fantastic job...am a bit concerned though as isn't this show mainly for the younger set? At least that's the way it looked to me... don't get the music? Don't get the outfits or should I say lack of, and I especially don't get that Ga Ga Lady something!! Weirded me out all around...sorry to all you youngsters that like this sort of thing but I guess I'm just an old fashioned gal after all. Some of the remarks on Just jared about Gerry make me sooo pissed....But the age thing I can agree with! Once again....JMHO!

:wave: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

I had to work until 7:00pm today, so by the time I got home and the tv on the show was already in progress. I missed whatever y'all are talking about with West/Swift and the Michael Jackson tribute, but I did see Gerry's part. Turned off the tv as soon as Muse finished. Gerry sure was looking good! :drool1:

Three cheers for the older set. Sorry, but that VMA show was just plain crap. Gerry would have had a much better time with me - in fact anywhere else would have been an improvement. After Michael Jackson's tribute it went down hill so fast no moss would have gathered. The things we do just to get a look at "OUR" guy! He didn't disappoint - looking great in his leather jacket. After Gerry I went back to 300 on TNT. That was entertainment.

I really enjoyed Beyonce and Pink's performances. Jay-Z - I just don't get it. Really. Alicia Keyes is great so she added to his performance. But other than those two, I wasn't impressed with Green Day or Muse.

Am I getting old???

Edited by phoenixgirl

First off, Kanye West is such an @$$hole!!! I'm so glad Beyonce called Taylor back to the stage, poor girl. I generally don't watch the VMA's but this year I had to make an exception. I had to see Gerry and I also had to see the "new" New Moon preview. :wuv:

I like that Russell Brand. He's sexy in weird sorta way. Maybe its the accent. lol

OOOhh.....and an extended New Moon preview! I can't wait for it!!!!

I know, I feel the same way. It's got to be the accent. :lol:

WTF was Lady GaGa wearing?????? lol That was quite a performance from Pink.

LG is SO odd!?!? Pink rocked it!! :music:

Guess Gerry left the VMA show right after he introduced Muse.

That is what I heard anyway.

He looked great but his pants were too long. lol poor baby.

Way too long. Why do men do this to themselves? 1 small break in the pant leg is proper. Too much and you start looking sloppy. Edited by Jennifer10

I'm just glad I TAPED this show while I was at work. I watched a few bits of it until it got to GB, and then stopped the tape.

Gerry was great. Looked wonderful and did his intro perfectly.

But in my opinion, the show as a whole was just embarrasing. What a bunch of egotistical, boring, untalented, stupid people for the most part, IMO. At least Madonna didn't use her faux British accent.

I think GB made the right decision to cut out early.

First off, Kanye West is such an @$$hole!!! I'm so glad Beyonce called Taylor back to the stage, poor girl. I generally don't watch the VMA's but this year I had to make an exception. I had to see Gerry and I also had to see the "new" New Moon preview. :wuv:

I read on mtv.com Kanye West was asked to leave the show shortly afterwards; apparently he's done something like that before. It was kind of Beyonce to call her up to the stage...she's always seemed like a gracious person to me.

I haven't watched the VMA's in years. I usually watch live performances of my favorite bands and artists on youtube, but yeah I watched this year to see the New Moon trailer and Gerry.

Jay-Z - I just don't get it. Really. Alicia Keyes is great so she added to his performance. But other than those two, I wasn't impressed with Green Day or Muse.

Am I getting old???

Nah, it's just not your taste. :)

Edited by Janine

I had the MTV awards on while playing on the computer.

I was able to watch what I was interested in and ignore the rest.

Russell did a great job as the host.

I enjoyed most of it! Loved Beyonce, Pink, Green Day, Kady Perry and some others.

Hey it's the VMA's, some wacky shite happens LOL. Some crazy outfits, some out there performances ect.....That's all cool.

Kenya, well all I can say is he's Fooked up. What he did wasn't called for and totally unfair to Taylor.

Gerry did a fabulous job! He looked amazing and rocked his Intro!

All in all good time.

Cheryl

Well, I'm with all you 'old folks'. Definitely not my cuppa. I liked Taylor Swift, Beyonce and Pink. I did like Muse and of course, Gerry was just classy. I'm glad he was across the street at the John Kerr theater to introduce the group and not part of that bunch of weirdos. He looked delicious IMO.

:wuv:

Jay-Z - I just don't get it. Really. Alicia Keyes is great so she added to his performance. But other than those two, I wasn't impressed with Green Day or Muse.

Am I getting old???

Nah, it's just not your taste. :)

Awww, thanks! :D

I didn't really hear Muse, to be honest ladies. My SON - my pain in the arse son - thought he would be funny and talk throughout Gerry's introduction of the band. So, I had to do the whole rewind and record thing while pissed off. I love their song from the baseball scene in Twilight, so I'm sure they were good.

Next time, I watch alone ...

Yesterday was my daughter's birthday party, so we missed most of the VMAs. And from what I'm reading, I didn't miss much except Gerry! I'll wait for Barb and Mel to get Gerry's segment to MM. Wanda and I did get to see P!nk which is what she wanted to see, and then I turned it off.

Lisa~ I don't get Mr. Beyonce either... as for KW, that pi$$ poor excuse for a human should not be invited to another show. It constantly amazes me why thugs like him are popular. I must be getting old...

Hmmm that was an interesting show.

The MJ tribute was alright. I'm getting a bit tired of them to be honest, but Janet's duet dance thing with the video of MJ was pretty cool.

I felt so bad for Taylor Swift. Kanye West is a real jerk. It was her first VMA! Beyonce totally saved the day. Kudos for her.

Lady Gaga is such a good entertainer it kills. Her persona over powers her musical talents, which turns me off a bit, but she's still an amazing singer. She's a smart woman and she knows exactly how to market herself.

I wanted more Gerry! More more more!

Overall, pretty good. I don't think it was that great of an idea to have Jay-Z and Alicia Keys close the show. I feel Jay-Z's hype as decreased significantly.

Overall, it was a pretty entertaining show. I enjoyed it.