Gerard Butler GALS
CassieGz

Loved Loved Loved this movie

I just saw the "Making of PSILY" today - does anyone know why it wasn't included on the DVD? Seems to be it would have fit perfectly in the Special Features category.

You know, I honestly think I felt worse when I reflected back on the movie then when I was actually watching it.

I just can't imagine having someone so great and losing them. I've never had that and I've given serious thought to whether it's better to have a short period of time w/ someone and then lose them or to never experience it at all.

I think I'd still chose to have it, but I certainly never have.

She was so lucky and unlucky, at the same time.

Any time I reflect back on the movie I start tearing up. This is the only movie so far that does this to me. Of course loving Gerry plays a big part in it.

I would choose to have this great relationship even if it's for a short period of time. To experience such love is worth everything.

I envy that way of thinking. I've come to the conclusion that it's best not to know that sort of love, than to have it taken from you (the fear speaking, of course!) I think the saddest scene in the movie is when she tells Daniel that she thinks Gerry is gone. I think in time I could see it from her perspective, that she needed to let him go to resume living her life.

I'm watching PSILY right now. And crying. That karaoke scene when Holly is singing to Gerry. Wow sooo much amotion on his face, in all his looks!!

OMG - you have GOT to see TUT. I've seen it like 6 times now.... It's so funny (a bit crude to some people), but I loved it. All my friends that I took to see it loved it too.

This is how he probably is in real life in my imagination. :yummy:

I love this movie. It's a sad movie, yes, but it also has it's share of funny parts. The whole point of the film is this; We lose the ones we dearest to us(which I could relate to recently due to my father's death in april of this year), but we must go on and live our lives for ourselves. It takes time, but eventually the hurt gets a little less. I have to say at the end, I really thought Hilary was going to end up with Harry Connick Jr. It surprised me when she went back to Ireland, but I didn't mind that either, after all the other guy was the best friend. All those letters and gifts were so touching, since they came after he died.

My fave part though, and I nearly died laughing on this one, was when they were singing Gerry's favorite song and the priest really uttered the words "you cheap lousy faggot". The look on Kathy Bates' face was priceless! That got me rolling on my bed laughing. If you haven't seen this film, it's a Crystal recommendation. five stars and 2 thumbs up.

CrystalS, yes! yes yes yes! That was hilarious, i couldn't stop laughing from that too.

The movie made me cry the first time i watched it until i desensitized myself to the emotions of it. You really see Holly's moods up and down throughout the movie (and the book.) I strongly recommend the book too. Gerry (Clarke, not Kennedy in book) is really funny too. Oh well, GB's version of him makes him so lovable. :)

Silver.

TUT is fantastic...I've seen it many times over. As for PSILY only once....as I cried for pretty much the whole movie. Hilary's part I can totally identify with on many levels!

I think Gerry has given parts of his true self in all of the roles he has performed, drawing on real life experiences. This is probably why he's such a great actor besides being naturally charming Posted Image

Milly x

It's been a while since I've discussed PSILY but as far as the sadness in the movie ....for me it was when Holly went to the restaurant to meet Daniel and when he finally broke down and walked away .....Holly was sitting there looking like a lost soul and the song that was playing (I wish I knew the name of it) was just so fitting for that scene ....and when she got to her Moms she just fell into her arms sobbing uncontrollably talking about why did he have to die and how angry she was....That's what brought on the tears for me! Also the same as the rest of you ...when he lay's his head on her shoulder as she's reading .......OMG! Makes me teary eyed just thinking about it!

:wave: Frannie

I finally got my mom to watch it tonight. She can definitely relate a lot to Holly, since losing Dad is still hard for her. She even found some recordings of Dad's voice on the computer that made her break up and cry. I can tell she enjoyed it and she giggled as much as I did when Gerry did his little sexy dance. My dad was quite the jokester too. He loved to laugh. There were times he was laughing so much from a movie we watched in theatres, he couldn't even drive for a while. He did that after three movies that I can recall. One was Dumb and Dumber, two was Ace Ventura, and three was Christmas Vacation. Dad enjoyed making people laugh too. Dad and my brother, Kelsey, used to crack each other up. They were a regular comedy team! Mom and I used to listen to them all the time. It made us laugh more to see who crack who up more. I still miss Dad too. It's been nearly four months since that fatal heart attack. It was so sudden and unexpected. Dad was in the flower beds pulling weeds earlier that day and he seemed just fine. There was just no outward sign something was going wrong inside. It was a total shock and made us grieve even more, so I can definitely relate to Holly's problem. It's hard to let go of those that we love who pass on, but it's just something each of has to do in our own time.

P.S. I love you Dad.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad... :tissues::hug1: My dad is 66(going on 16...LOL). He's a riot himself and does hilarious impressions of various MOnty Python Holy Grail scenes....I don't even want to think of losing him

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad... Posted ImagePosted Image My dad is 66(going on 16...LOL). He's a riot himself and does hilarious impressions of various MOnty Python Holy Grail scenes....I don't even want to think of losing him

OMG!! LMAO!! That was one movie my brother and Dad watched a lot! Dad was only 53, he would have been 54 in May. Kelsey and hin would quote that movie a lot! It was also Spaceballs.

I love P.S. I Love You! :wuv: And 'one of my favorite movies. There are happy moments, funny but also sad. The couple Gerry / Hilary I love, go well together. Then Hilary is a good actress.

I love the scene of the meeting between Gerry and Holly: a chance encounter that turns into love! Very romantic! :hearts: Then it is framed by a breathtaking landscape that is beautiful!

I'd love to visit Ireland, I find a fantastic country.

Frannie, I so agree; the scene where Holly runs to her Mom's that's when it hits me everytime I watch the movie.

CrystalS, I really sorry to hear about your Dad. You and your Mom will be in my prayers. And, thank you for sharing your wonderful memories with us. :hug1:

Linda (beachie)

P.S. I Love You is a heartwarming movie and it remains in my DVD collection. I loved listening to Gerry's letters in the movie and reading his letters in the #1 International Bestseller by Cecelia Ahern. The letters made me "gulp for air". "Sometimes there's only one thing left to say" how true. This movie depicted a "Triumph" over relationships and dealt with real life situations. I found the # 1 lesson in P.S. I Love You was to grow and become inwardly secure. Gerry,one minute, was in Holly's life and then he was out. They actually we're spiritual buddies who took life for granted here and there. We humans do mess up now and then, but get back on Tera Fir-ma sooner or later. And as Cecelia Ahern said in her book... Holly would open up her heart and hopefully live to face life's challenges, something like that. P.S. was a romantic comedy with many great actors and actresses. Remember "The Name of the Game Is Snaps: Learn How to Play". Life is a pretty interesting game indeed.

Edited by planetwalkers

:tissues: Yes PSILY was a movie that made you laugh and cry; a real roller coaster of a ride. I watched it twice last week and never get tired of seeing it; that is why it is among my collection. The part where Holly runs to her mother and it finally hits her; that no matter how much money she has or how famous she gets; she is always going to be without him! Hillary is my favorite actress; ever since I saw her in "Boys don't cry". When she sobbed "I can't breath..." I could feel it too. What a stellar idea to have Kathy Bates as her mom.I even loved the parts that were cut out. Her sister's act where she spits mellon seeds at all her relatives in the front row; until she gets to her mother; and gets that look.... :reddeath2: then swallows them instead....Priceless!

He's a boy-o. Doesn't know anything about kissing, that's a man's business. That did it for me! And that kiss -OMG!!!! What a man - what a movie. I just love it.

I have bought most of Gerry's movies since then. POTO is also a favorite. So sad, it really touches me. He is the best Phantom of all. He just breaks my heart

every time I watch it. There is a book titled PHANTOM by Susan Kay , 1990 which tells the whole story of the phantom. I recommend it if you can get a copy

anywhere. Notdeadyet.

"Loved Loved Loved this movie". Ditto! I already had the biggest crush on Gerry before seeing this movie, but this is where my crush on Jeffrey Dean Morgan peaked.

Yeah, I don't crush on him (JDM) but the scene when Holly realizes who he is when they're in bed is one of my favorite parts of the movie. He is so lovely and loving in that bit, you know?

Just watched this movie again with lots of pauses, and my new very favorite moment in the movie (you're going to laugh) is at around the 5 minute mark, when Gerry says to Holly, "Do you want to have a baby," when she goes in the bathroom to brush her hair, and he's standing there and puts his hands on the

doorposts of the bathroom ... and then in the most real moment in the universe, takes a second to smell-check his armpit. :rotflmao:

I totally never noticed that before, it's a fraction of a second, but he very clearly does it. :rotflmao:

Edited by saga