Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
terezoulini

300 - Empire Interview

I just love it when, after I think I've seen everything from past films and there's nothing new on youtube, I bump into a new item. This interview is a real gem IMO for newbies and the "veteran" fans are sure to enjoy too. Gerry looks so gorgeous. I wonder if it was done at the time he was about to start shooting PSILY, does anyone have any idea?

Enjoy!

Theresa

That was taped in March 07 when he was in London for the London premiere of 300. PSILY had already been completed.

Great interview though! Thanks!

That was taped in March 07 when he was in London for the London premiere of 300. PSILY had already been completed.

Great interview though! Thanks!

I guess that would explain why he is not that muscular, rather te opposite, probably taking time off from the gym. I just love his arms the way they look at this interview, so "normal" and "youthful".

Thanks for the clarification.

Theresa

I know it's an older interview but I can't find this in Multimedia. Is there any possibility it could be caught and made downloadable please?

Thanks.

I know it's an older interview but I can't find this in Multimedia. Is there any possibility it could be caught and made downloadable please?

Thanks.

If you download Real Player SP on your PC (it's free, just google it) you will be able to download clips from youtube and most other sites yourself. It's very handy. In any case, I agree that this is a beautiful interview so it would nice to have in the multimedia area.

Theresa

I have alerted the Multimedia Mods regarding this clip. If it's already there, they'll find it, if it's not, I'm sure they'll add it.

Great find, Theresa!

:hugs:

Katie

I have alerted the Multimedia Mods regarding this clip. If it's already there, they'll find it, if it's not, I'm sure they'll add it.

Great find, Theresa!

:hugs:

Katie

Thanks, I was beginning to feel that I have done something wrong and GALS are avoiding me somehow. Like a few days ago I posted a link to a GAMER interview and no one reacted on it, then someone else reposted it and then people were commenting. Or earlier today I posted links to these really, really nice, new TUT interviews and no one has said a thing about them. Am I the only one who gets excited about interviews? I was just looking forward to discussing them and read about other people's reaction.

Maybe I am overreacting but if I've done something wrong, I wish someone would tell me... :-(

Theresa

Oh no Theresa. I think I saw these on YouTube myself a couple of days ago, but I've just been too busy to post.

I haven't said anything today, because I can't watch the videos while I'm at work, which I still am.

I think everyone appreciates the videos even if they don't comment.

Ren

I have never seen this interview. He really looks cute. I felt bad for him when he said he gives a project his all before and during filming and then you wait and wait and then just one line and they say the film is no good and that is it.... I guess that can be downhearted. But he should know, even if a film may not be that good or do that well at the Box Office, he and his performance is always wonderful.. I hope he does know that. I love all his efforts as I know we all do....

:ty: for posting this!!! I've never actually seen this one!!

Doesn't he sound a little bit nervous in the beginning...or maybe not nervous. :unsure: I'm not sure, maybe shaky? :lol:

He looks good though!!!!!

I have a couple of comments...

First on, the section where he's reacting to negative criticisms of 300 from Iran... Well, I'd never heard about any negative criticisms, but the way they portrayed the Persian army did always strike me as odd. I know it was nobody's intent, but it always looked to me like the white people versus the black people. A lot of the actors that they chose look much more African than Persian to me... I hope this doesn't come across as offensive to anyone, just my observation and opinion!

And then, what was the section where he was talking about "Escape from New York"? I was very confused there... it was as if he was talking about a movie that he would be working on... Gerry isn't making an "Escape From New York" movie, is he? *Clueless*

Steph

The Persian Empire embraced many ethnic groups which is why their culture is depicted with a wide variety of people. The Greeks were only themselves. In the film, "300" is a mythic retelling of an actual event to Greeks by Greeks. They would portray their enemy as being as weird as possible while the Greeks would portray themselves as being pure, noble and manly. It's the way myths, and campfire tales, operate and had nothing to do with current affairs.

It's also why the rhino and elephants are enormous and the enemy employs 'black magic' and so forth. We portray our enemies as being everything we are not and, at the same time, more powerful than possible so that when we overcome them, we're really something.

Jane

Oh no Theresa. I think I saw these on YouTube myself a couple of days ago, but I've just been too busy to post.

I haven't said anything today, because I can't watch the videos while I'm at work, which I still am.

I think everyone appreciates the videos even if they don't comment.

Ren

Thanks for replying. I now fell I was definitely overreacting. I had a hard day at work and I guess I was getting a bit emotional. :-)

Theresa

The Persian Empire embraced many ethnic groups which is why their culture is depicted with a wide variety of people. The Greeks were only themselves. In the film, "300" is a mythic retelling of an actual event to Greeks by Greeks. They would portray their enemy as being as weird as possible while the Greeks would portray themselves as being pure, noble and manly. It's the way myths, and campfire tales, operate and had nothing to do with current affairs.

It's also why the rhino and elephants are enormous and the enemy employs 'black magic' and so forth. We portray our enemies as being everything we are not and, at the same time, more powerful than possible so that when we overcome them, we're really something.

Jane

Good description. That makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

Steph

I don't think I had seen this one. I did get a bit confused too when he started talking about "Escape From New York".

Thanks, Teresa, for this! You add many great things to this site! Sometimes we have to take to heart that not everyone is going to respond to what we do for them or contribute sometimes. That's OK. We just keep on doing it anyway. Keep up the good work.

D ;)

Thanks Theresa! I haven't been around the boards lately either but when I do I check out everything.. Sweetie....everything you do and share with us believe me it's appreciated. Some of our Gals are working away from their puters and have to wait to they get to them to respond.... Some of us just don't get on as much as others .....but when we do and if there is something new especially a vid or interview about our Gerbear...well we are there!!!!

:wave: Frannie

I don't think I had seen this one. I did get a bit confused too when he started talking about "Escape From New York".

Thanks, Teresa, for this! You add many great things to this site! Sometimes we have to take to heart that not everyone is going to respond to what we do for them or contribute sometimes. That's OK. We just keep on doing it anyway. Keep up the good work.

D ;)

Thank you and Frannie and everyone else for the kind response and "therapy". I feel better already!

Theresa