Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
FIRST COAST TART

Seeing Gamer....Finally!

Finally!!! I got to see Gamer yesterday (9/22) and loved it from start to finish. That said......

> Being a Gerry-fan-for-life and soaking up all the input from my sister gb-dot-netters, I had

the advantage of understanding the premise of the movie. My poor husband came into the

movie without any foreknowledge and was clueless at the beginning. I had to explain who's

who and what's what. Perhaps a more fleshed-out background or lead-in would have helped.

> The first 15 or 20 minutes was super-charged and action-packed BUT...I could have done

without the high-speed scene jumping and camera jerking that made me think of the Blair

Witch Project on speed.

> Absolutely LOVED the music!

> Hmmm....puke, alcohol, and pee in the gas tank...Priceless. Betcha James Bond wouldn't

have thought of that!

> Watching the baddies doing "I've Got You Under My Skin" was genius, surrealistic, and so

bazaarly entertaining. It fit!

> And as usual, our Gerry was very believable as Kable.

NOTE: Our local newspaper rated Gamer with half a star. :humph:

My rating: * * * stars! :drink:

:wave: ............Paula

Love your review!

I agree wholeheartedly about the "Under My Skin" dance scene. I thought it was fantastic! I know there are a bunch of GALS who could have done without it, but I think it was indispensable. It was one of the things that made the movie more than just a run-of-the-mill action flick.

The gas tank scene too! So clever. Did you also find yourself thinking "what the f*$% is he doing?!" when he chugged the vodka and got drunk? Then you see the beautiful words "Ethanol only" and it's like a lightbulb goes on over your head. Priceless. Plus, when he's peeing in the tank and he looks around and smiles- absolutely to die for!

The jolty camera action was a little tiresome, but not because I got motion sick or anything (which I'm very prone to, actually), but just that I was wishing I could have seen the action more clearly. I like to analyze every little movement.

So glad you finally got to see it and enjoyed it so much. My local theatre has dropped it to one showing a day, and I'm thinking this will be its last week. I definitely have to go at least one more time (especially now that you reminded me of all the wonderful things about the film!), so I'm thinking either tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for the insight!

Stephanie

I'm not an action movie kind of girl, even with Gerry, LOL, so I think I'm going to wait until the DVD comes out for this one.