Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry arriving at NYC screening of LAC

phoenixgirl

I'm 100% glad we get to see him as something other than the good guy. Getting to see him as a psycho killer ... nice! :lol: This will show the world he's versatile, and be and do anything he wants.

I'm really excited for him, and I'm even more glad LAC is being well received so far.

Edited by phoenixgirl

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Moira. Good synopsis of what we can expect. I am completely looking forward to it. Even though I'm pi$$ed that someone on Twitter posted a spoiler.

I think you're right. Some fans want Gerry to always be the hero, just like those that want him to stick w/ one genre. I enjoy all of his varied performances and I have high expectations for this one.

October 16th can not get here fast enough. I noticed some additional pre-screenings are starting to show up, but I don't expect an opportunity to come up in my area. We're kind of small market, even if technically we're a big town.

Enjoy your latest jaunt to the U. S. Are you already in Orlando?

B

Denzel Washington won his Academy Award for 'Training Day', and that dude, was a peice of sh*t (the character). So, you don't know how you're always going to make it to your final destination....that's why you sit back and enjoy the ride.

I love thrillers...and I am really excited to see him in this one....

D

Oh, don't worry about it sweetie. This just wasn't your moment. It wasn't meant to be this time. It'll happen, when the time is right, and everything will be perfect! Just keep believing! :)

Steph

Thanks Steph, you are so nice. I hope you are right.

I am so happy for his success and cannot wait to see it. I am so excited about this different type of role he plays.

This man makes me simultaneously die inside, and feel like I could live forever in his eyes.

I never knew that was possible before. :wuv:

Stephanie

Wow...Stephanie...that is so beautiful!! :wuv: With the right picture, it could be an amazing siggy!!!!

Thanks for the pics and re-cap Moira!!! I was suppose to go like Andrea as well, but got out of work so late and was dead tired to trek it on the other side of the city. I should have gone...at least just to stand back and watch them go in, doesn't sound like there was a crowd outside (was there?) maybe I could have caught a glimpse!!! (the tickets were too much for me right now) D-mn, that makes me so sad! :tissues:

This movie is going to be so good...I have not seen one bad reaction from the lucky ones who have seen it already. I'm so happy for Gerry...so so so happy!!!!!

This man makes me simultaneously die inside, and feel like I could live forever in his eyes.

I never knew that was possible before. :wuv:

Stephanie

Wow...Stephanie...that is so beautiful!! :wuv: With the right picture, it could be an amazing siggy!!!!

Yeah... it could! Anyone want to help me out, or point me to someone who might be able to make a siggy out of this for me?

Stephanie

Denzel Washington won his Academy Award for 'Training Day', and that dude, was a peice of sh*t (the character). So, you don't know how you're always going to make it to your final destination....that's why you sit back and enjoy the ride.

D

And Anthony Hopkins did for Hannibal Lector as well - and if ever a crazed sicko psycho killer there was it was him! There are some things in the character of Clyde that are similar to HL, probably most importantly how methodical he is in being diabolical. How calmly he goes about his "business" of killing. That is what made HL so awesome in Silence of the Lambs - he was just so calm. Clyde is that way too - you don't see him as wild-eyed Charles Manson psycho - there is something about him that would make you think he is just the nicest guy, charming even, and yet he is doing these very heinous things. It is an interesting study in ethics when you do find yourself rooting for him even though you shouldn't. I would just love to be able to sit down with Gerry and Gary and have a conversation about that aspect of the movie!

The more I hear the more I can't wait to see this movie!

You're absolutely right about picking the brains of Gary and Gerry. I's love to have a movie chat with them.

BTW who is that in your icon pic with you Susan?

Cheryl

From someone who was there, I assure you he was looking amazingly gorgeous. The pictures do not do him justice, although they are quite drool-worthy. The movie was awesome!! Gerry was intense and SO bad (in a good way). LOL No matter how heinous a character he plays do we still love him? Of course we do, cuz we got GALS! Can you tell I loved the movie?

From someone who was there, I assure you he was looking amazingly gorgeous. The pictures do not do him justice, although they are quite drool-worthy. The movie was awesome!! Gerry was intense and SO bad (in a good way). LOL No matter how heinous a character he plays do we still love him? Of course we do, cuz we got GALS! Can you tell I loved the movie?

I'm glad you were there!!! I was hoping the NY GALS would come out in full force!!! Was that a sharkskin suit he was wearing? I would have loved to trade places with Viola Davis!I'm glad you enjoyed the movie too :tens:

Ok...I may get my butt kicked on this one...I'm done with the American accent! It's really good, and believable....but I like his normal Scottish accent. Much sexier

I'm not going to turn down any chance to see Gerry, but I agree that his real accent is so much more pleasing. That being said, it's not for every role. Some characters are so quintessentially American, that it would negatively affect the story to have them played with a Scottish accent.

I can't wait for Gerry's next role where he gets to speak naturally. Personally, I think they need to get their butts in gear on "The Real RocknRolla"!

Steph

Ok...I may get my butt kicked on this one...I'm done with the American accent! It's really good, and believable....but I like his normal Scottish accent. Much sexier

I agree 100 percent. The Scots accent is MUCH sexier (Nothing against American accents), but then again I have a real thing for accents....

Amanda

I agree 100 percent. The Scots accent is MUCH sexier (Nothing against American accents), but then again I have a real thing for accents....

Amanda

I think we all agree that Gerry's natural accent is sexy as hell; however, it's not conducive to becoming a successful actor in American film. At least not the type of career that Gerry would like for himself. If he wanted to stay playing second fiddle or the side-kick sure. But Gerry deserves more than that, and he needs to use the American accent for that kind of career. And you can't compare him to Sean Connery because he only became who he is because of playing James Bond.

Edited by phoenixgirl

I think you're right. Some fans want Gerry to always be the hero, just like those that want him to stick w/ one genre. I enjoy all of his varied performances and I have high expectations for this one.

B

The same thing happened to Harrison Ford. He was so much the hero in the public's mind that when he tried to break the mold and play villians or less than heroic characters, the movies bombed. After Han Solo and Indiana Jones it become impossible to believe him as anything less than heroic. GB may ultimately have the same problem.

B

The same thing happened to Harrison Ford. He was so much the hero in the public's mind that when he tried to break the mold and play villians or less than heroic characters, the movies bombed. After Han Solo and Indiana Jones it become impossible to believe him as anything less than heroic. GB may ultimately have the same problem.

I doubt it. Neither Erik nor Leonidas are as iconic characters as Han Solo or Indiana Jones. I'm sure Gerry will be able to do anything he puts his mind to and be a success at it. :)

D

Good point. I had forgotten about Training Day. Love Denzel........... :kisswink:

B

I'm going to throw out the blunt statement and then backtrack before I get rotten vegetables thrown at me:

I don't think Gerry is popular enough to be typecast that way. Despite having amazing amounts of talent and some really incredible roles, Gerry remains in the back of the public's consciousness (although that may change with his prevalence in cinema during this year!).

Plus, he's played such varied and appearance-transforming characters that lots of times people don't even realize he's the same actor even if they're familiar with the films. I put on Phantom of the Opera to watch with a friend of mine and he almost refused to believe that the Phantom was also Leonidas. :)

Anyway, I think those factors will keep him from being typecast, as a hero, or in a particular genre.

Steph