Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Songbird

9/25 - Gerry on The Jay Leno Show Oct 8

I just saw the promo tonight when I was watching Heroes. And it said it was comming on tonight. I won't be up then can someone record it for me please??

:thankyou: for the heads up on Viola Davis. I will tune in Craig tonight. I missed Jamie Fox on Leno. Did he mention Gerry much during it?

Diane

Nah, not really. He mentioned him once at first when he was just explaining about the movie, and then again right before they showed the clip. No funny stories or any special nod about what a great guy he is.

Steph

Edited by AbandonThought

I was so disappointed that when Jamie said "Gerard Butler" you could have heard a pin drop.

:lol:

I have always said that if he would just do something salacious, like stealing Angelino Jolie from Brad Pitt, he would become a household name like................well, Brad Pitt. He's as handsome, funnier, smarter, and a better actor IMO, but he just refuses to get involved with a high profile woman. "GB, honey, if you want the Leno audience to scream your name every time its mentioned, call me. I got some ideas." :kisswink:

:funnyup: You go, Xan! :lol:

I don't feel that Jamie was disrespectful or slighting Gerry in any way. When he first mentioned Gerard Butler, with no apparent crowd response, he further prodded the audience (for applause and recognition I think) by saying something like 'you know, from the movie "300"?'

I mean, it was Jamie's time on Leno. When Gerry has his time, do we want him to talk the whole time about Jamie Foxx? No, we'll want it to be about GERRY! So I say give each man his due. :)

I agree Katie. I have no issues with Jamie in regards to Gerry. They were just generally chatting and then when they discussed the movie, he mentioned Gerry and gave a synopsis of the movie.

I don't feel that Jamie was disrespectful or slighting Gerry in any way. When he first mentioned Gerard Butler, with no apparent crowd response, he further prodded the audience (for applause and recognition I think) by saying something like 'you know, from the movie "300"?'

I mean, it was Jamie's time on Leno. When Gerry has his time, do we want him to talk the whole time about Jamie Foxx? No, we'll want it to be about GERRY! So I say give each man his due. :)

Right, I didn't mean to imply that he was being disrespectful to Gerry, I was just summarizing the two times that Gerry was mentioned on the show.

And Xan, I agree with you that he would become a household name if he dated someone high profile or did something else to secure him a spot in the tabloids for weeks... Then again, I don't think Gerry would want to become well known for something like that... and if he did, he wouldn't really be the guy that we all love. I think we appreciate how he can be so amazing and talented and still manage to keep it real and fly somewhat under the radar as a result. :)

Steph

Gerry doesn't have to do something negative or hook up with a major female celeb to get his recognition and I'm sure he wouldn't want it that way. He'll get it by earning the respect he deserves with his body of work and his phenominal acting. It will happen. He's a late bloomer and eventually he'll make his mark and LAC just might be the thing that catapults him up there.

Delene

Right, I didn't mean to imply that he was being disrespectful to Gerry, I was just summarizing the two times that Gerry was mentioned on the show.

And Xan, I agree with you that he would become a household name if he dated someone high profile or did something else to secure him a spot in the tabloids for weeks... Then again, I don't think Gerry would want to become well known for something like that... and if he did, he wouldn't really be the guy that we all love. I think we appreciate how he can be so amazing and talented and still manage to keep it real and fly somewhat under the radar as a result. :)

Steph

Well, of course, I don't think Gerry would do that to gain "Pitt" level recognition, nor would I be here on this site if he did. But bascially that's how many in the "biz" get that kind of name recognition. IMO they are celebrities first, actors second. Now Pitt has managed to maintain a substantial acting career, but I do believe that his acting career really took off when he married Aniston, then dumped her for the world's most beautiful woman. Let's face it, they would all have become famous (infamous?) whether they were actors or not. My previous post was an exercise in frustration and my usual Irish sarcasm. I meant NO slight to the G-man at all.

Gerry is a man of many talents! I remember his "robot"! I think Gerry could do a striptease and Jay could get a pole out on stage! The women would loose it! But he'd have to start off in the full Phantom costume while singing "Music of the Night"! :funnyup::pant:

D

Ummm... he could start off in a chicken suit singing "I'm Henry the VIII," and as long as he gets to the striptease, I'd be satisfied!

Steph

OMG!! I'll lose it just visualizing that one!! :funnyup::yummy:

Hey, I hope someone out there is recording and uploading all these shows for us Aussie GALS to view! PLEASE..........

Thankyou!

Sally

Have no fear I think GB is already becoming a household name in North America and he certainly will be by the end of this year.

Do not underestimate how important TUT has been - I think the success of the movie is partly due to the massive popularity of Gray's Anatomy and Katherine Heigel as part of that show, though she is perhaps a more controversial cast member, throw in GB, and viola, a massive hit and that is the kind of hit that gets your name into households.. The promos alone were very entertaining, a number of people I know just commented on the promos, and everyone I know is aware of the movie and aware of GB as an actor.

If LAC hits big too, 2009 is the Year of Gerard.

Well if he was looking for high profile, he's too late here - looks like Justin Timberlake may have snagged Rihanna - has he officially broken off with Shelf arse I mean Jessica Biel. A beautiful girl but I don't think she can handle all the women throwing themselves at JT.

Edited by lavender1960

I am so excited to see gerry tonight on jay leno. I Love jay leno's new show and I am so glad he still does headlines. I love them. I will be glued to the tv tonight.

I am so excited to see gerry tonight on jay leno. I Love jay leno's new show and I am so glad he still does headlines. I love them. I will be glued to the tv tonight.

I agree. I've made it a habit to watch Leno every weeknight. I have enough stress in my life, it's nice to take an hour out of the day to do some laughing! And I like the greater variety now that he has his own primetime show. I was watching it at the gym last night and the people on the bikes next to me kept looking at me because I was making no attempt to censor my laughing out loud! Can't wait to see what Gerry gets to do. Do you think he might get a shot at the Green Car Challenge? I think someone needs to unseat Drew Barrymore as champion. :D

Steph

I for once, would love to say, "while I was at the gym lastnight!".. LOL. I don't think I've ever said those words Steph! Good on ya!

I can't wait to see Jay tonight.. I like his new show.. it's good because it's on earlier here then the Tonight Show was.. I usually fell asleep before that one would start.

I don't see the thread for Craig Ferguson show, I guess they already taped it because people are twittering about being there and it being hysterically funny - a coy reference to 17 inches folded?

Oh just looked it up, he taped Craig at Wed 5:00 pm PST. I see Robert Carlyle is taping on the 14th. We need another movie with all Scottish actors, bwah.

Edited by lavender1960

Guest rcarder100

I agree. I've made it a habit to watch Leno every weeknight. I have enough stress in my life, it's nice to take an hour out of the day to do some laughing! And I like the greater variety now that he has his own primetime show. I was watching it at the gym last night and the people on the bikes next to me kept looking at me because I was making no attempt to censor my laughing out loud! Can't wait to see what Gerry gets to do. Do you think he might get a shot at the Green Car Challenge? I think someone needs to unseat Drew Barrymore as champion. :D

Steph

Steph,

I just saw a commercial for the show and that is what they said. Tim Allen holds the new record and Gerard will get a chance to break it tonight. Jack Black and Ben Harper are going to perform together.

Gina

One of the biggest movie stars in the world.......

This is great they're showing lots of clips from his movies! Yeah RockNRolla!

He looks fantastic.............as usual.

Lots of cheering!

Edited by Rendita

:rotflmao:

Uh oh looks like drinking the water from the river in India was true. Poor Gerry!

Edited by Rendita

watching it now.. I loved seeing all his movie clips.. really shows his talent in so many different roles.. I bet people that know him only from 300 will be like "wow that was him in the other movies"