Gerard Butler GALS

Recent Twitterings

lavender1960

I know you were Delene. :kiss: Don't even worry about it.

I think it would be worse if Gerry had his own Twitter account. I honestly DON'T need to know what he's doing 24/7, as hard as it might be for some of you to believe me. He's a grown man with his own life, and I respect that tremendously. I'm sure he's happy as a pig in shite with no one but his close friends and relatives (maybe) knowing where he is. I can't imagine what it must be like for the world to know your business all the time. He deserves the down time.

That being said, I'm human also. I was hoping this would be fun. Que sera ... I guess I'll just wait until next month when I know he'll be doing PR for HTTYD.

I'll make up my own scenarios. :lol:

If Gerry had a twitter account he doesn't have to post what he's doing. From my experiences for following David Cook, he either says he had fun with a concert, where he's headed, holiday greetings, and sometimes Q&A's. Twitter isn't only posting what you are doing, it also could be IMing

~Ray

Edited by 300_LawAbidingCitizens

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you were Delene. :kiss: Don't even worry about it.

I think it would be worse if Gerry had his own Twitter account. I honestly DON'T need to know what he's doing 24/7, as hard as it might be for some of you to believe me. He's a grown man with his own life, and I respect that tremendously. I'm sure he's happy as a pig in shite with no one but his close friends and relatives (maybe) knowing where he is. I can't imagine what it must be like for the world to know your business all the time. He deserves the down time.

That being said, I'm human also. I was hoping this would be fun. Que sera ... I guess I'll just wait until next month when I know he'll be doing PR for HTTYD.

I'll make up my own scenarios. :lol:

If Gerry had a twitter account he doesn't have to post what he's doing. From my experiences for following David Cook, he either says he had fun with a concert, where he's headed, holiday greetings, and sometimes Q&A's. Twitter isn't only posting what you are doing, it also could be IMing

~Ray

Now see, that sounds like fun, especially the Q & A stuff. You can IM? Interesting!

Thanks, Ray!

Delene

Yeah many celebs will do a Q&A, and in fact F. Gary Grey did one not too long ago. You can DM (which is the same as PM here).

I follow Taylor Lautner and there are many other celebs, young ones, who post on their Twitter account often. I think I've posted this before. But also people like Ashton Kutcher do as well. Hell, he posted he was watching Demi iron his shirts while she was wearing a bikini and he was in heaven. :lol:

However, Gerry isn't like that and likes to keep his private life private. But really, I think the internet would explode if Gerry did a Q&A like that. He did accept questions via Empire Magazine from Twitter. That's about as close as he'll get, I imagine.

Lisa - The Q&A's can be fun especially if they answer you back. ;)

~Ray

Oh I can imagine! I'm just saying there would be such pandemonium if Gerry did that I think Twitter would blow up the internet. :lmao:

Same thing for other very famous celebs right?

I've had 5 experiences where a celebrity answered back. I got direct messaged twice from Chris Daughtry's wife. It was really exciting.

~Ray

Delene - No problem and yeah, it could just be IMing. If you are getting a twitter account my account links are under my signature.

~Ray

Well, actually, I have a twitter account, I just don't remember where I put it!

Lisa - The Q&A's can be fun especially if they answer you back. ;)

~Ray

Gawd, I'd die and go to heaven if he "answered me back". Especially, if he said "yes"! :funnyup:

Delene

Edited to insert emoticon!

Edited by GBPhanatic

I think you're all crazy. I have NEVER seen ANYONE who looks even REMOTELY like Gerry ... EVER. The only person who I think has similar features is Russell Crowe. That's it. And Gerry is a million times better looking.

I don't think Russell is remotely like Gerry, even physically... BTW, I would take Russell any day, even if Gerry is a bit better looking.

Russell has that macho man thing going on, kind of person that charms you and make you shiver just looking at you...

Maybe you understood I'm a bit of a R.Crowe fan??? ;):wuv:

... Sometimes it is no better than being like a peeping tom into someone's life :tantrum: .

Or like the paparazzi.

However we do not need to know everything it's true and Gerry doesn't seem to be the kind of person that could sit still long enough to "tweet" (unless he was in the bathroom on the throne) and if he ever revealed he had a twitter account, it would get chaotic! I still don't understand how all of that works anyway. :confused:

Delene

Yeah can totally see him not being able to sit still long enough to tweet, in interviews he moves constantly lol,on the other hand...twitter is short bursts of information like 2 sentences..so it could be a bit more probable than like...myspace or fb,which takes up alot more time.But it largely depend son what he wants or doesn't want to do.Either way it's cool.

Now see, that sounds like fun, especially the Q & A stuff. You can IM? Interesting!

Thanks, Ray!

Delene

I think a Q&A would be interesting.

I didn't know you could IM,I'm going to have to look closer at my twitter account. Those who have one,feel free to add me-Andreaj09. I don't visit it as much as I do my FB but I do check it.

I'm sorry if my desire to know WHERE he is steps on some people's sense of their own fandom, but for me this is what brings me comfort sometimes. If that makes me sad to some of you, so be it. I have to look myself in the mirror and no one else.

I guess I'll keep my sad little thoughts to myself from now on. :) I forget everyone has their own way of being a fan.

Lisa

my post was a general comment re this thread - not to any individual. Before i posted there were alot of different views on what seemed right and wrong.

Moira

Gerry is known to text message friends, if you can text you can tweet if you choose to. Anyone who uses a Blackberry can Tweet. Twitter is an extension of personal text messages. I don’t think it has anything to do with him not sitting still long enough ether, or understanding the technology. It’s just not something he wants to do or maybe he is but anonymously under another user name. I didn’t want to at first and now I kind of like it, particularly when I found I could follow a lot of non Gerry stuff I’m interested in too. A lot of stuff on Twitter is informative rather then personal.

Well it just seems there are more GB look alikes than we suspect if you believe everyone who says their boyfriend looks like Gerry - I didn't know they were cloning him - where do I put in my order?

Of course once I took a good look at the guy in the Dollar Store he was tall and had very similar features and build to GB, same short haircut, but clean shaven and of Polynesian descent. Attractive guy holding his just as cute 3-4 year old daughter in his arms. bwah. Oh the mind places tricks on ye, eh?

I won't one of those so bad....

I know at LAC LA Premiere Sandra(San Marco) said Bruce McGill had said to either her or her hubby that Gerry was tweeting away before the premiere. Now as a keen tweeter she was as confused as I was as we were under the impression Gerry never had a twitter account. So we thought he was either meaning F Gary Gray or Gerry uses an Alias and tweets in a way he would never be discovered.

For someone who has that phone to his ear 24/7 he is not as dumb with technology as he makes out :lmao:

Moira

Tweeting has also been used as a generic term like Band-Aid and Q-Tip. Who cares anyway? I don't even want to now if he has one, and I hope no fan ever does find out if he does. The man deserves some privacy.

Now where the hell is he? :lmao:

:rotflmao: Girl, you are too funny!

FOUND HIM!!! Our man is in Aspen!

"Met the actor Jerard butler (had drinks at little nell resting before dinner and concert at belly up then dancing at caribou)" about 2 hours ago

The section in parenthesis are what she did, and all those places are in Aspen. :)

Edited by phoenixgirl

"Met the actor Jerard butler (had drinks at little nell resting before dinner and concert at belly up then dancing at caribou)" about 2 hours ago

The section in parenthesis are what she did, and all those places are in Aspen. :)

Ooooh Aspen.I hope he was nowhere mear Mr. Sheen...

:funnyup: See, that would be worth twittering for alone!

"OMG, I just saw Gb at QT! He pulled up to the pump on the other side of mine! There were yellow Dollar General and white Walmart sacks in the back seat. Who knew"?

That's a good one, Ready! Only gap in the story is if it was Gerry's car, there wouldn't be a "back seat"! :funnyup:

Delene

:confused: Really, not one of his cars has a back seat?

Bex

The Mercedes does.

How funny would it be to see Gerry's white Benz with bags from Walmart and the Dollar Store in the back seat? :lol:

If he owns the big black SUV I've seen him in, I'm sure that has at least one back seat, maybe two and would definately be the shopping car. He could get a lot presents in that one!

Unless he has another white Benz, Lisa, and my love of cars is failing me, the 550SL is a two seater with no back seat.

Delene

Backseat? All he needs is some tinted windows!

Ooooh Aspen.I hope he was nowhere mear Mr. Sheen...

ROFLMAO!!! :lmao: Poor Charlie, in that case... ;)

I see you beat me to it phoenixgirl and that woman seems to work in the entertainment business so presumably she knows her actors.

Aspen for Xmas so very Hollywood ain't it. Saw photos of Goldie Hawn, Kate Hudson and kids are there, they usually do go every year. Wonder if Kurt is there, he's another manly man actor.

Well we know the skiing would be great since Colorado got hit with a mass of snow just before Xmas. I can hear the shush shush of the skis on the crisp white powder.

This is odd

I have just d Gerard Butler\'s Mummy as she would like me to send her a couple of her sons\'s calendars! Made my day! Woo hoo! Xx !brocyqeo Dec 26 2009 21:05 EST

Person appears to be from Arizona.

Edited by lavender1960