Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
MissAmanda

Straight to one...

That's the European version. The US version doesn't show it. Annoying but true.

Jane

First, I knew I wasn't crazy!!! I would have sooo noticed that. :yummy:

Second, WHAT????!!! Are you EFFIN' kidding me? Do they think Americans can't handle it?? How stupid. :bonk:

OK - so I have to order this now? Shite.

That's the European version. The US version doesn't show it. Annoying but true.

Jane

First, I knew I wasn't crazy!!! I would have sooo noticed that. :yummy:

Second, WHAT????!!! Are you EFFIN' kidding me? Do they think Americans can't handle it?? How stupid. :bonk:

OK - so I have to order this now? Shite.

Haha, okay, at first I didn't know to what you were referring when you brought up the difference with your TR2 and the clip... then when I was watching the video and I saw the nipple bite I was like "huh, I've never noticed that before," but totally did not make the connection that that was what you were confused about as well! (What can I say? Sometimes I'm an idiot.)

That is RIDICULOUS that they didn't put that on the American version. WTF?! Soooooo hot.

Is the European version available in Region 1 DVD anywhere?

Steph

Good one Cheryl!! :p and I think we all did....you know!

:wave: Frannie

I know I did ;).... I mean, I added it to my favourites and everything.

Amanda

I didn't realize that scene wasn't in the DVD. It's been used in so many GB videos on Youtube that I guess that's where I've seen it too many times to admit to. LOL. I'm still going to watch closely next time I play Tomb Raider.

Speaking of Tomb Raider, have you seen the alternate ending? I liked it way better than the one they finally chose. He still dies, but it's a nicer death. If there is such a thing. And IMO it made Lara more human too.

I didn't realize that scene wasn't in the DVD. It's been used in so many GB videos on Youtube that I guess that's where I've seen it too many times to admit to. LOL. I'm still going to watch closely next time I play Tomb Raider.

Speaking of Tomb Raider, have you seen the alternate ending? I liked it way better than the one they finally chose. He still dies, but it's a nicer death. If there is such a thing. And IMO it made Lara more human too.

Yes, I liked the alternate ending better. It was sad but I liked how Lara treated him and he wasn't the bad guy at the end. They both did a beautiful and convincing job with it. Note: The sound wasn't cleaned up because they didn't use the ending. A little annoying.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I liked the alternate ending better as well. For me the best part of the TR2 DVD is Gerry's screen test. His longer sexy hair, OMFGJB is all I can say. Being a newer Gerry fan I wasn't sure when it was he'd cut his hair off. He will always be too hot for his own good regardless of his hair length. :wuv: ~Becca

I strongly disliked the alternate ending! I felt like it was an artificially "happy" ending, and not at all in keeping with the interactions of the two characters throughout the movie. I like the one that they chose, where you find out that Terry is just the same selfish guy that he always was. While his first betrayal didn't involve Lara explicitly, it involved an implicit choice of money over her. It just seemed consistent that he would do so again. Terry spends the whole movie trying to redeem himself to Lara... it makes her seem like the bad guy because she consistently distrusts him. But, in the ending on the theatrical version you see that she was right all along, and that he wasn't worthy of redemption.

It fit so much better than the alternate, in my opinion.

Steph

Edited by AbandonThought

I'm with you, Sasharose! I was well aware of the nipple bite, and personally speaking, the pooched lips and hissing intake of breath by Ger..I mean TERRY is even hotter. :pant: IT'S ALL GOOD!

Steph, excellent observation about the ending!

Oh my! It is a cold day in Central NY & I'm suddenly very warm! What a nice video! I can't say more without being on Over 18! Thank you for sharing!

I strongly disliked the alternate ending! I felt like it was an artificially "happy" ending, and not at all in keeping with the interactions of the two characters throughout the movie. I like the one that they chose, where you find out that Terry is just the same selfish guy that he always was. While his first betrayal didn't involve Lara explicitly, it involved an implicit choice of money over her. It just seemed consistent that he would do so again. Terry spends the whole movie trying to redeem himself to Lara... it makes her seem like the bad guy because she consistently distrusts him. But, in the ending on the theatrical version you see that she was right all along, and that he wasn't worthy of redemption.

Steph

I have to agree with you here. Terry was bad to the bone, but I think I might have let him off with a warning...................... :kisswink: He would be a hard man to kill. Too HAWT to waste.

Steph

I have to agree with you here. Terry was bad to the bone, but I think I might have let him off with a warning...................... :kisswink: He would be a hard man to kill. Too HAWT to waste.

Mmm... yeah. I would have tried at least a little harder to work things out. :) Although, I always thought it was a little odd that Terry was so fixated on taking the box because it was "worth a fortune," yet he was already promised a ridiculous sum of money by the British government in recognition of his service in the matter... Was he just THAT greedy?

Steph

Edited by AbandonThought

OK So TR2 was on TV a few weeks back here in the UK. I was very excited to watch it, being new to the fanworld of GJB. It was on quite late but I was determined to watch it all. BUT I fell asleep at the best bit IMO. THAT scene :tantrum: I couldn't believe it. I woke up towards then end of the film so I know what happens. NNNOOOOOOOOOOO The reason I was watching it was THAT scene. :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: I now have to get a copy to see what everyone is talking about!!!

OK So TR2 was on TV a few weeks back here in the UK. I was very excited to watch it, being new to the fanworld of GJB. It was on quite late but I was determined to watch it all. BUT I fell asleep at the best bit IMO. THAT scene :tantrum: I couldn't believe it. I woke up towards then end of the film so I know what happens. NNNOOOOOOOOOOO The reason I was watching it was THAT scene. :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum: I now have to get a copy to see what everyone is talking about!!!

Hey at least you can go to the store and buy it! I have to find it online.

Number ONE. Now, and forever.

Just when I think I'm all focused on his career etc. something like this slaps me back to reality and why I got interested in the first place. LOL! I'm still interested in his emerging personality and career choices, but isn't he just the hottest thing ever? Thank you Margaret.