Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Gerry's-Angel

Has anyone ever received reply fan mail from Gerry?

I want to write some fan mail to Gerry because i really really love him (who dosen't!?), i was going to send i over the summer but as the old fan address went out of service i had to wait for the new one. Thought must say i am a bit gutted that the new fan male addy is american whereas before it was british, i understand that most of Gerry's work is based in the US but would hate for him to sell out on his roots. He even said 'butt' on live british breckfast tv!!!!!

Annnnyyyyyway, i know Gerry is extreamly busy so he can't answer every single peice of fan mail and even if he does it could take months to do. But i was curious to see if anyone has actually received a personal reply from Gerry, not just a presigned photo and a note with something like 'Gerry appreciates all the support....' on it ?

x

Thought must say i am a bit gutted that the new fan male addy is american whereas before it was british, i understand that most of Gerry's work is based in the US but would hate for him to sell out on his roots. He even said 'butt' on live british breckfast tv!!!!!

Annnnyyyyyway, i know Gerry is extreamly busy so he can't answer every single peice of fan mail and even if he does it could take months to do. But i was curious to see if anyone has actually received a personal reply from Gerry, not just a presigned photo and a note with something like 'Gerry appreciates all the support....' on it ?

x

LOL How do you think I felt - before when it was only a UK address! LOL

Theres an easy fix...they should have.... two! hehe one in either location.

And you are very much right, who couldnt love the man... I love it when cusses or slips up. I love that he has absolutely no filter... bwahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I sent a letter back in 05 to the UK address, never got a response... but then again, you know how the mail system is - I really doubt its any better on any continent lol

I should have done tracking on it, just to no if it even made it that far.

I think in the early early years, pre-Phantom, some ladies did receive a response. But I think the chances now are very slim. Generally the mail is pre-sorted and read by a staff, and it has to get past them / meet their criteria, before they pass it on to him. Otherwise Im sure the mailman would have to hire big rigs to deliver all his mail. Not sure his NY apartment is big enough for that LOL And the LA house, well I believe hes keeping that private, but I would imagine its roomy... LOL

Hmm... I wonder what it would have to include to meet staff criteria and be passed on? I suppose it would have to say something that most of the others didn't say. It would probably have to be relatively short, too. :)

Steph

I wrote a one page letter to Gerry c/o the British address back in 2006. I thanked Gerry for the comfort he gave my late husband who was dying of cancer. Gene liked to watch "Gerry movies" (especially Timeline and TR2 and he liked POTO) because they took his mind off the pain for a while. I also mentioned the love and support I received from other Gerry fans when Gene passed away. I received a form letter and an autographed picture of Gerry as "Red Death" from POTO, though I requested neither, nor did I expect a reply. I just wanted to say "Thank You" to him. I have no idea if Gerry ever received the letter, but I was very touched that Gerry's people took the time to respond. If you are looking for a personal reply from Gerry, you are most likely going to be disappointed because he is incredibly busy. I treasure the response I got even though it was just a form letter (although he signed it).....but I hope to God you never have the same reason to write that I did!

Hugs,

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma

I wrote a one page letter to Gerry c/o the British address back in 2006. I thanked Gerry for the comfort he gave my late husband who was dying of cancer. Gene liked to watch "Gerry movies" (especially Timeline and TR2 and he liked POTO) because they took his mind off the pain for a while. I also mentioned the love and support I received from other Gerry fans when Gene passed away. I received a form letter and an autographed picture of Gerry as "Red Death" from POTO, though I requested neither, nor did I expect a reply. I just wanted to say "Thank You" to him. I have no idea if Gerry ever received the letter, but I was very touched that Gerry's people took the time to respond. If you are looking for a personal reply from Gerry, you are most likely going to be disappointed because he is incredibly busy. I treasure the response I got even though it was just a form letter (although he signed it).....but I hope to God you never have the same reason to write that I did!

Hugs,

Suzie

I am so sorry for your lose.

That was extremely nice of gerry's staff to send that stuff to you.

I see you are from san antonio. I love it there. It is so pretty. My mom and family live in houston. I also have some family in Katy and Livingston. I grew up in houston. Was there 15 years. I miss it so much.

Good bless. :wave:

I can imagine that now Gerry has people who handle all of his fan mail and maybe give him some of it they feel he should see. I don't know how he would have time to read all of it! I'm sure there probably is a supply of signed photos to maybe reply with and a little "form" letter. I've often thought about writing to him just to see if or what I would get. The problem is, knowing that someone else other than Gerry would be looking at it, I can't put all the little "personal" things in it that I would like to say to him. However, I'm sure they've seen it all!

I'll hold out for the time I may get to whisper those things in his ear directly! Is that too much to wish for? ;)

Delene

Hugs,

Suzie

Suzie, I also wrote way back when to Gerry .... I had never done anything like that before but I just wanted to tell him that I thought he would be perfect playing Conor Larkin in Trinity (I had a dream in which he did...). I didn't expect anything back but I must have sent it at a time when they were doing mass answering of mail...lol...because not even a month after sending it I got this letter in a brown envelope from UK and I thought 'what the heck is this?' and it was the same form letter and Red Death photo that you got. I felt like it was like Christmas.

hugs,

Sue

Sue, that is so cool! I got my stuff in a brown envelope too. However, I thought it was junk mail and started to just pitch it. I was on the phone with my mum at the time and decided to rip it open. Out fell the photo and letter and I started squeeling like a little kid! Mother thought I'd been bitten by a snake or something! She couldn't understand a word I was saying! LOL!!

Hmm... I wonder what it would have to include to meet staff criteria and be passed on? I suppose it would have to say something that most of the others didn't say. It would probably have to be relatively short, too. :)

Steph

I know every place is different, I also know they actually can hire firms to take care of the mail. It sounds like this is what the LA address may be. Or it could be someone working at Alan's office hired to sort through it.

It really depends on the individuals criteria. JKRowling for example, has people sort through the mail, and what passes through is still huge amounts... from what I saw on A Year in the Life of JKRowling, she was looking at letters that discussed a myriad of things - how she has helped others overcome major obstacles in their lives, or to how important her books brought together a family before one of the members passed. I know she also sets aside money for a charity fund and will actually send charity money to people who write.

Years ago I was a huge duran duran fan, and thats when I first learned of how fan mail is treated, just by other peoples experiences, news articles etc. And Im sure things have changed since then, this was the 80s lol, but they received so much mail and gifts, that they had to lease a full office solely for this one purpose - and there were at least like 6 people hired just to sort.

Anyways I remember they were talking about how some things come through that are just more of the same, some things come through that are... lets say too bold or gushy lol basically inappropriate, etc.

I also remember that sometimes the gifts were separated from the letters, and although the gifts were higher priority of passing through then the letters - that they might have gotten it, they wouldnt have known who it was from.

They DO get stuff though...so but there are good people, or I should say people good at this that they make sure its all together. I just bring it up because we always have to be prepared what to expect. I mean, what if you sent him a letter, with a scarf you knit, and later you see him wearing your scarf- obviously he got it... but then you are left thinking why he didnt respond even with a thank you or something - most likely because he only got the scarf and not the letter.... that kind of thing.

You are right, it has to stand out, but on the same token, everyones trying to stand out... so how do we stand out from even that lol

BUT I believe that if its meant to be, its meant to be - dont let it dissuade you from sending a gift or letter, because it just might be your letter makes it through. :)

I can imagine that now Gerry has people who handle all of his fan mail and maybe give him some of it they feel he should see. I don't know how he would have time to read all of it! I'm sure there probably is a supply of signed photos to maybe reply with and a little "form" letter. I've often thought about writing to him just to see if or what I would get. The problem is, knowing that someone else other than Gerry would be looking at it, I can't put all the little "personal" things in it that I would like to say to him. However, I'm sure they've seen it all!

I'll hold out for the time I may get to whisper those things in his ear directly! Is that too much to wish for? ;)

Delene

ROFL girl :funnyup: - my question to you is - what do you have to lose??

I'd send it. Now if you wanted a response or it to make it through to Gerry, Id make it... kosher. :rotflmao:

Delene

I'd send it. Now if you wanted a response or it to make it through to Gerry, Id make it... kosher. :rotflmao:

I've never sent a fan letter in my life! Not even to my beloved Paul McCartney!

What would I lose? Seeing that look on his face when I whispered sweet nothins' instead of some strange person getting a good laugh at my expense. Even if Gerry got a good laugh, or was just embarrassed, it would all be worth it! I'd love to get a "rise" out of Mr. Butler! No pun intended! :funnyup:

Delene

What would I lose? Seeing that look on his face when I whispered sweet nothins' instead of some strange person getting a good laugh at my expense. Even if Gerry got a good laugh, or was just embarrassed, it would all be worth it! I'd love to get a "rise" out of Mr. Butler! No pun intended! :funnyup:

Delene

Haha, yeah! Leaving the "rise" comment alone, I've always thought it would be fun to just see if you could come up with something that would surprise him. He must have so many fan interactions that he doesn't remember 30 seconds after they happen. It would be a major victory if you could come up with something that would stick in his mind (and dare I dream... make him want to see you again?).

Steph

Delene

Haha, yeah! Leaving the "rise" comment alone, I've always thought it would be fun to just see if you could come up with something that would surprise him. He must have so many fan interactions that he doesn't remember 30 seconds after they happen. It would be a major victory if you could come up with something that would stick in his mind (and dare I dream... make him want to see you again?).

Steph

How about something like how much you'd like to taste his blackberry jelly? :drool1::funnyup:

Delene

How about something like how much you'd like to taste his blackberry jelly? :drool1::funnyup:

Delene

LOL! You ladies are killing me when you get dirty or maybe just hungry :-) One could also pretend to be thirsty and ask for some "juice", you know as in Gerry juice.

:-)

Theresa

I got a signed photograph and a note "back in the day" in response to a letter I wrote (it's excerpted on my Gerry fan site, link below). However, because I asked for a photo, I also included an appropriately signed pre-addressed envelope and postal reply coupons (the previous address was in the UK). I think that it's only courteous to provide postage and an envelope if you ask for something. If you don't ask for anything and receive something in return, it's gravy (obviously). Just take into account that *someone* is being paid to go through the mail, and that it costs $$ to send things as well as produce them.

:D

Lol thank's for all the responses, i don't think im holding up much hope that i will get a response but unless i send one i have zero chance!

I used to be totally in love with Michael Owen (English football player for the American Gals, he played for liverpool) and i wrote him my first piece of fan mail, like two weeks later i got back a letter and a signed photo, i was sooo over the moon, i didn't even realise when i aw the same pre signed photo for sale in shops, untill like last year my sister told me it was actually my parents who had wrote the latter, they hadn' even sent it! Lol always been too heartbroken since! Needless to say i won't be mentioning im going to write to Gerry!

I do wonder though what it would take to stand out from the crowd !! I just cringe at the thought of somebody else reading it while they're sorting through it!!

You American fans are soo lucky! You have the GB fan convention, he's always on US tv and magazines AND he spends most of his time there. We hardly have him! Lol mind you even if he was really attainable i'd still have to fight the rest of he girl off!

Delene

Delene

Oh I meant writing the letter, I wasnt touching the whispering in the ear part bwahahahahahahhaaaaa

LOL! You ladies are killing me when you get dirty or maybe just hungry :-) One could also pretend to be thirsty and ask for some "juice", you know as in Gerry juice.

:-)

Theresa

Thats funny lol but I have a suspicion those wanton women that follow him around - and I dont mean fans/gals/tarts... remember that video from a few years ago... just after 300... hes walking down the street in a white tshirt, and these two women are following him and the paparazzi are like 'why are you ignoring them' - haha

so I think wed have to get even more creative there LOL

Those 'c**k' photos though, I swear... every time I see them I just wanna rub blackberry jelly all over... [insert something pg13]. LOL

Delene

Steph

Delene

Delene, honey you make my day!!!! He should bottle that stuff!!!!

Lol thank's for all the responses, i don't think im holding up much hope that i will get a response but unless i send one i have zero chance!

I used to be totally in love with Michael Owen (English football player for the American Gals, he played for liverpool) and i wrote him my first piece of fan mail, like two weeks later i got back a letter and a signed photo, i was sooo over the moon, i didn't even realise when i aw the same pre signed photo for sale in shops, untill like last year my sister told me it was actually my parents who had wrote the latter, they hadn' even sent it! Lol always been too heartbroken since! Needless to say i won't be mentioning im going to write to Gerry!

I do wonder though what it would take to stand out from the crowd !! I just cringe at the thought of somebody else reading it while they're sorting through it!!

You American fans are soo lucky! You have the GB fan convention, he's always on US tv and magazines AND he spends most of his time there. We hardly have him! Lol mind you even if he was really attainable i'd still have to fight the rest of he girl off!

No, not zero! Theres always a chance! Trust me on that one!

Watch out here she comes.... shell chew you up... shes a maneaterrrrr LOL

I've come up with a GREAT idea, well i think it's great anyway, im sure it's been done before!

I'm a fashion student so im thinking of designing & making him a t-shirt or something, i've got the perfect idea of what to put on it but i dont wanan spoil it yet! Gifts have a higher priority right? So even if my letter dosen't make it through hopefully he'll get the gift then like the t-shirt and wear it and that'll be great enough!

Oh but does anyone know what size he'd be? He looks like an L - XL with all those big lovely muscles!

I've come up with a GREAT idea, well i think it's great anyway, im sure it's been done before!

I'm a fashion student so im thinking of designing & making him a t-shirt or something, i've got the perfect idea of what to put on it but i dont wanan spoil it yet! Gifts have a higher priority right? So even if my letter dosen't make it through hopefully he'll get the gift then like the t-shirt and wear it and that'll be great enough!

Oh but does anyone know what size he'd be? He looks like an L - XL with all those big lovely muscles!

I'd lean more toward Large. My Dad is overweight and often XL is too big even for him.

Cute idea! You'll have to post pics when you finish the shirt, and then we can all keep a lookout for Gerry to be wearing it in the future! :)

Steph

No, gifts not only do not receive a higher priority but Gerry's team has asked that we not send him presents at all. Gerry has asked that donations to charity in the amount that the gift would have cost be made instead. I know you're new, so you might not be aware ... but please do respect that request.

No I never received a reply to a card I sent Gerry four years back. The front or the card had a picture of a lion on it and the lion was wearing a pair of blue sun glasses. I think 300 was in the works at the time. I am not hurt nor concerned. The card did not come back to me so where ever it ended up it was meant to be. Only I know of the transaction and now you . What will be will be.

I know in the past hes been featured in mens health magazines, cause of his body for 300... and I could have sworn I heard tell they post measurements... now if someone knows his neck circumference, that would help me LOL