Gerard Butler GALS

Joanna's "Gerry" Statuette

"Joanna" has asked me to post recent pictures of the progress of the statuette that she has been sculpting to be auctioned off by GALS. It is of a kilted Gerry holding a sword.

Note from Joanna...

The statue is about 12" high and with the marble base it will be quite a bit higher. This is the final step before gateing and screwing and dipping in the slurry and then the 9 coats of silicone. As you can see, 'Gerry' is almost completed. One arm, his sword and a bit of smoothing out and a final critique and then I will take a picture of him and you will see how smooth 'Gerry' will look in bronze shined up like gold, on a white marble base!!

The statuette is now in black wax. Click to enlarge....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

~HUGS~ Kathy ......For "Joanna"

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG Johanna.... :goodjob: ....what a talented lady you are!!!! It looks so good and it isn't even finished!

Congrats my lady!!! I really think Gerry is going to be so proud!

hugs,

Sue

:wave:

Kathy just told me about this section and I just wanted to say Thank You so much for the feed back and I am ecstatic to see My Earth Angel back on. I am sorry I have been so busy doing 'Gerry' and making afghans for all my family and friends and I have a beautiful baby afghan being readied for someone very special in my life and her new grandson, Finn!!!! Kathy received hers and she is having a tough time hanging on to it 'till Christmas!! LOL,LOL,LOL!!! I am also getting ready to do ornaments for my GALS that I owe them to and that is going to be done soon as I get finished with 'Gerry' and he is prepped and begun to be dipped for the pour. Then it's full out on ornaments and blankets.

Please understand as you look at 'Gerry', he is still far from being ready. I have to enlarge his boots to be in proportion to the rest of his body. I will attach his other arm and sword after I smooth him out with the kerosene when I can get the time alone. But do please believe me, he will be as perfect as possible and I already know Gerry will never find fault with the statuette as he is not that kind of person. I also have found two perfect booklets for the process to be recorded. I will start putting them together after the New Year when I will have scads of time. But right now, it's all about 'Gerry'. I am a wee bit proud of what he is beginning to look like. He looks kinda weird in black wax but when he is poured in bronze, and mounted on white marble and polished like gold, he will be awesome as the real Gerry is!! Well, almost as awesome as the real Gerry!! But I asked Kathy to put the nearing to finish pics on so everyone could get an idea of what to expect and start saving their money. He is already over 10" high and he will be on a white marble base. So he will be heavy. And the booklet will be leather and have all the pics and all the explanations of the 'Gerry' statuettes 'life' along the way including pictures. All acknowledgements of all who helped me will also be in the booklet and the place where he was made will also be pictured and explained. The actual pouring of 'Gerry' will also be in the booklet and that alone is very exciting to see.

Thank You all so much for the encouragement in this phenominal undertaking and the patience you have all given me. This truly is a total "Labor of Love" and I am so glad I a can give our Gerry something to thannk him for being such and awesome and incredible man in all ways, not just as an actor, but as the most HUMAN actor ever.

Love Yal All,

Jo

Thanks GALS,

'Gerry' is looking better as of today. I enlarged his boots to be more in proportion to his legs and body. His left arm is being re-aligned and my friend Lambert touched up 'Gerry's' mouth yeterday as well. He is going to be awesome. He doesn't look so good in black wax and taking photos are difficult being as the flash shines off the wax and distorts the impact of the true features of him. But he will be finished tomorrow and his right arm with his sword will be attached as well. Hopefully the second one will be started Friday and finished in a week. It should be much easier as I have the first one to work from and he was the hardest! But I will go to school everyday 'til the second one is finished. I am so excited by this project that is finally coming to fruition. It's been a very hard and long climb to make this come into being for this wonderfuly, incredible man. I am so proud of him and am looking forward to more good things coming from him!!! I will post pics of the "finished" wax figure on the weekend!!

Hugs All,

Jo

HI!!!!

A quick note. 'Gerry' is coming along much better. He is in proportion and his boots are bigger and his right arm is on with hisa sword. I burned my right arm very badly and cannot put it down to type as it sits on the burn and it sorta kinda hurts a lot!! But I am still finishing the 'Gerry' and he will be smoothed out tomorrow at school with the kerosene. Can't do that here as it smells too much and is hard on my daughter, sto that process will take place a school and then the second statue for the auction will be started. It won't take as long as I will be making it smaller and I sort of know what the heck I am doing now!!! You know, practice makes perfect!! And what a man to practice on!!! :woo: Do totally believe me, this is truly a labor of love!!!! This burn is 3" long and on the underside of my arm and it hurts so much, I wish I could be a baby and cry!! But that won't help. So I just keep it open at home asnd cover it at school. It will be okay, I'm just whineing!! (sp) :needhug:

Okay, back to work. I will have this statue done today or else. His head and body look so good, I can hardly wait to see it in bronze, on a white marble stand!! "Gerry' is looking good!!

Hugs Everyone!! :wuv:

Jo

Joanna, god has blessed you with great talent. The statue is fantastic. Cant wait to see the finished product.

Thank You Cassie. I can hardly wait to meet you on the 24Th. We are going to have so much fun. And I have wanted to meet you for two years!!! Now, we will have to get together more often. I am so excited!!!

'Gerry' looks better today and I will take some pics, but my arm is hurting and it's hard for me to type right now. But I wanted to Thank You for the compliment. It makes me feel sooooo good!

Hugs Gal,

Jo

Hi Gals!

Jo has a treat in store for you!! She has asked me to post NEW pics of her "Gerry" statuette. "Gerry" is looking beautiful!! See for yourself....BEAUTIFUL WORK, JO!!!!

Here's a hug :hug1: for your burned arm. Hope it heals real quick!!

~HUGS~ Kathy :kiss:

Posted Image

Click to enlarge....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jo, I'm also really loving all of the background pics I'm seeing here!! :yummy::cunning::heat:

That is so cool! This tryuly looks like a labor of love with all the detail and time you have put into it! I too cannot wait to see the finished statuette! :wuv:

I hope your arm feels better soon :hugs:

Joanna, god has blessed you with great talent. The statue is fantastic. Cant wait to see the finished product.

Sorry Sweet CassieGz,

I mistook you for a different Cassie. But I sure wish you were coming to the party too!!!

Thanks for the encouragement!!

Joanna

Busy day with the 'Gerry' tomorrow. Today I am finishing a few ornaments for a few GALS and want to get them out asap. Am also making ornaments for the 1st Annual Birthday Celebration in Chicago for our Gerry!! I am so excited to be going, and finally get to meet some of the Gerry women!! More pics of the 'Gerry' will be on soon!!

Hugs Everyone and Thank You all for the wonderful words of encouragement!!

Jo

• 3 weeks later...

Jo just sent me new pictures of her "Gerry" statuette. Jo has been working so hard on it and I have learned a lot from what she has taught me about making a bronze statuette. So many steps and so much dedication is needed to make something like this. So here are the pics......

First pic is "Gerry" starting to be "gated and vented or screwed"!!!!

Posted Image

Second pic is "gated, vented and dipped once in "slurrey" and fine silica sand.

Posted Image

Third pic is second dipping!! He's on his way to becoming a bronze statue!!

Posted Image

Gerry is being dipped 5 times today and five times tomorrow. Jo has to go back and forth to school for each dip to get this done. Such dedication to a man she loves.....we ALL love!!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

A verra quick HI!!!

Just got home from school and I am exhausted but happy!!! Did four coats of silica on our man and he is beginning to look like a long white bunch of sand!! Dipping and coating has to be done by Friday afternoon and you can only do the procedure every four hours. Sooooooooo.........needless to say, I am going to bed to get up early to go back to school and do 'Gerry' four times tomorrow and twice on Friday and then............................YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! Our man is on his way to becoming immortalized in bronze!!!!! As if he needs any more immortalization!! I am soooo happy, there are no words to describe my happiness. I truly Thank my Kathy for helping me with the pics on line and I truly Thank You as well Sue, and April, for your praise. It means so much to me. I am sorry I have been so absent from the site, but the time element for this project was terribly tight!! But our beautiful man is coming to fruition soon!!!

I Love You All,

Jo zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by Joanna

Hi! :wave:

I'm posting more pics that I just received from Jo with her "Gerry" statuette.

Here is her message...

I am just getting ready to go to school to do the ninth dip of 'Gerry'. I'll do the last one at 2pm or so. I attached some pics of me dipping 'Gerry' in the slurrey and then coating him with the coarse silica. It's a praying matter after that as to how he will turn out!!! I am so exhausted and yet so happy I could just cry tears of relief and a wee bit of sadness. I still have a looooooooooong way to go to make 'Gerry' into the statue he will eventually become. But he is on his way. I am relieved just for that!!

Jo and "Gerry"....click to enlarge.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very impressive Jo!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

OMG JO.....you certainly have made this a labor of love! Your talent and passion are outstanding... But Galfriend...get some rest!!! :doh:

And BTW....Thanks again my friend! :kiss:

{{{HUGS}}} Frannie

OMG JO! WOW! Holy crap & a half! Man there are some amazing GALS on here that have such AWESOME talent & of course such amazing love for our Gerry!

WOW WEE WOW!

I tell I wish I had some talent so I could decorate my house with Gerry stuff I create & heck have an ornament to stick up on my tree (which I DID put up on the 1st *giggles* this way I can enjoy my decorations longer. I was able to scoot my Gerry table over...table that has all Gerry movies & what TV appearances my dad has put to DVD or I've put on VHS....& didn't have to take down the table & put it in another room & miss it til January.)

GO JO!!! :clap::clap::clap:

True labor of love.

Thanks Kathy for helping us stay in the loop while Jo is busy. :)