Joanna's "Gerry" Statuette

Forbes girl

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi to ALL!!

Joanna sent me pictures of her "Gerry 2" statuette that she will be giving to Gerry. It is a different pose from the first statuette that will be auctioned off at the Vegas convention.

Here is what she said.....

I have more pics to take of 'Gerry' 2 that have the wax on him and the folds of the paper towel are so real looking. He really looks like he has a kilt on. I love it. I will work on Gerry's face this week and attach his head and form his neck muscles that turn me on soooooo much!!! That man has the sexiest Sterno mastoids I have ever seen on a man,,,,,Heck...Gerry has the sexiest EVERYTHING I have ever seen on a man!!!!!! The man is totally entrancingly incredible!!! Yeah...I still love and adore him beyond words. Always have....always will!!!!

Looking really good, Jo!!! Gerry will love it!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

~HUGS~ Kathy

WOW! Looking good Jo! Can't wait to see the first one ion Vegas.

Gerry 2 is looking wonderful. You're very talented Jo.

Kathy thanks for keeping us up to date on all the progress.

Cheryl

I agree!! Jo you have been a busy little Beaver haven't you. After checking out what your work entails ...:kisswink:...I think I'd like to try my hand at it!!:p Just kidding ..I'll leave the sculpting up to the pro! Can't wait to see the finished product but what I've seen so far is awesome!!

:kiss: Frannie

More pics from Joanna!!

From Jo.....

I will take pics of the bronze pour in November of the 'Gerry'2 for Gerry's booklet. Worked on 'Gerry'2's head a wee bit. My friend Bruce drilled the legs for mounting 'Gerry 1' for the stone which I am going in my room and work on today and tomorrow!! He is close to being ready and I will take more pics as we go along and when he is finished, for you to put in GALS!! If the pics are too risque' for GALS, just don't show them those. But it's how I learned how to make the arms and chest and position of the legs and such. But I understand if others object, But....it's art!!! The human body is complex and I am verra new at this, so...I needed all the help I could get even if it was from books. 'Course...if I had had the G-Man himself here to work from.......well that is another dream not to come true!!!

Gerry 1....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gerry 2....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Amazing Jo!! Can't wait to see them finished!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Hi every body!!! :wave:

Sooooo sorry I have been away for so long. I have finished an afghan for Irish's new grandson and finishing one for B2 and learning a new

project. Everyone will be getting one for Christmas as well as the GALS that are due an ornament. Dayna's is still sitting in my roomn to be mailed!!!! I am sometimes so lazy!!! But as you can all see, 'Gerry' 1 is almost ready to be mailed. I must get permission to mail it to Susan~or to whomever would like to take him to the convention. I will be on line again this year probably with my legs up from knee surgeries. Tore my left knee up real bad at school. Can barely get up stairs. Real pain in the arse!!! But 'Gerry' will be there at the convention for absolute and sure. So save your money, it's for charity. And.......for the love of this incredible man of my heart, that we all love so verra much!!

The 'Gerry'2 is near it's finishing for the bronze pour in November of this year!! He will be mailed as soon as he is finished. At that time I will get with Dayna to find out where I should send this one that is specifically for Gerry himself.

Have also been helping to get ready for my Beautiful Grand daughter's wedding in October!!! I am making a skull for her as a gift. I know...what the heck is that for!!?? I will ask Kathy to put pics of it on so you can see what it's all about. It matches the one on the back of her left arm.

It has a smile and eyelashes and her piercings and I am putting a Topaz tear drop shaped stone on her left cheek where she has a dimple when she smiles. It is for a bookend or for anything she wants to do with it!! She has a lot of books and I felt that would be acool idea as well as something no one else will be giving her. So now you know what I have been doing to keep me from my fav GALS. I am sooooo sorry, please forgive me. I have totally missed you all so verra much!!!

More pics coming of 'Gerry' 1 as he gets to the finish point to be mailed. :yay:

Love You ALL!!! :wuv:

Joanna

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure where I should post this..but here it is anyway. I need for everyone to know that 'Gerry' will be at the convention for sure...BUT I will not!!!! WAH!!!! Need two new knees!!! BUT,,,the good Lord willin' and the crik don't rise..I will be there next year!! I PRAY!!!!!

On to getting the address to send him to to and the day that is best for him to arrive.

Joanna

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ALL!!

Jo sent me three more pics. I'll let her explain her progress.

My Special GALS,

Here are the near finishing pics of our G-Man's base. He is, as of tonight, mounted on the marble and cemented in. I had to cut a wee piece of steel from his leg rods that was too long. But I did it!!

I have to go and get some wax to wax him up and spray him and the base so they will be shiny and last a long time.

Am verra, verra tired. Be back tomorrow with more pics.

Here are the pics...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Getting really close to being mailed out for the Convention in Vegas. Can't wait to see the finished "Gerry", Jo!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!!

"Gerry" is finished and ready to be mailed Tuesday for the convention. It is going right to the Hilton Hotel and will be in Suzie's hands and ready to be auctioned off at the convention. Jo sent me pics of the booklet that is going with "Gerry" and will be given to the person who gets him. The booklet tells the story of how Jo made "Gerry" and all of the work that went into making him. It also shows all of the love and devotion that Jo put into making this beautiful piece. I will be getting finished pics of "Gerry" next. They are being taken now.

I've taken the liberty of copying the following remarks that Jo made to me in the email. It says so much about our Jo and her generosity in donating this beautiful piece of art.

Here are some pics of the Booklet just to get an idea of what it looks like. Between you and me.....this was a hell of a lot of work and my daughter asked me if I was sure I wanted to "donate" all that work without any compensation. I told her ABSOLUTELY!

I am a verra lucky woman in so many ways that they're not countable. I have so many wonderful friends from GALS and this is my way of giving for the charity that they support this year, I will do this again in a different vein, but this year it's "OUR GERRY" and the person that gets him will be verra lucky. He is my first and I love him.

Here is the booklet cover and pages inside the booklet that tells the story of "Gerry".

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'll be back with finished pics of "Gerry" .....

~HUGS~ Kathy

:bump: I'm bumping this up so people can see Joanna's "Gerry" before it is auctioned off tonight at the convention. I did not get final pictures of "Gerry" but you can see enough of him here to get an idea of how gorgeous he is now.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Thanks Kathy for the update and Joanna for "Gerry"! What an adventure you have had and thank you, Joanna, for sharing your Gerry with us through all the steps. I hope he brings lots of $ for the auction and happiness for the winner. I wish for you the real Gerry could see and enjoy you awesome work too. :goodjob:

Hugs,

Diane

• 2 weeks later...

:wave:I want to thank you all for the beautiful comments on my statue of this incredible man of ours. It took a long time and a lot of owies and yet I loved every minute of making him. I am working on one for Gerry himself that will also be in bronze and set in marble as well. Hoping to get that done and out by the end of the year as a gift for Gerry. My way of thanking him for being him!!! It also celebrates fourteen years in 2011 of total love and loyalty to my first and only ever movie star crush. Gerry has been worth every minute of time I have watched him and loved him. He is a spectacular man in all

ways.

I am soooo glad Susan got 'Gerry' as I know she will love and adore him as much as I loved and adored making him. That's not to say no one else would not have felt the same, but I am happy he garnered a good $ for an un-autographed item. Thank you Susan~ and all GALS who bid also.

Love Ya All, :wuv:

Jo

• 9 months later...

"Joanna" has asked me to post recent pictures of the progress of the statuette that she has been sculpting to be auctioned off by GALS. It is of a kilted Gerry holding a sword.

Note from Joanna...

The statue is about 12" high and with the marble base it will be quite a bit higher. This is the final step before gateing and screwing and dipping in the slurry and then the 9 coats of silicone. As you can see, 'Gerry' is almost completed. One arm, his sword and a bit of smoothing out and a final critique and then I will take a picture of him and you will see how smooth 'Gerry' will look in bronze shined up like gold, on a white marble base!!

The statuette is now in black wax. Click to enlarge....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

~HUGS~ Kathy ......For "Joanna"

Totally Amazing!

I'm the New Kid on the Block and also a Gerry Artist. I love your statue and can't wait to see the finished product! I'll be posting my Gerry sketches soon.

Thanks for Sharing

Cheers!

Vilma

Hi Vilma! The post you commented on was from 2009. The statuette was completed and auctioned off at the GALS Fan Charity Convention in Vegas, 2010. Pictures of it can be found in the 2010 Convention Gallery. http://www.gbgalsgallery.com/v/gbgals/2010/bea/bea_vegas.jpg.html

We are very proud of all the GALS artists. And we welcome you as one of them!!

Suzie

• 2 months later...