Gerard Butler GALS

10/4 - 'Ugly Truth' tops overseas boxoffice

becozy

According to The Numbers as of their listing on Tues. Oct. 13 The international gross for TUT is $81,300,00 + $88,915,214 for US.

Total $170,215,214 Another site had international gross as $81,400,000. Even the first listing is very impressive. I'm so glad for everyone

involved in that film. (Esp. Gerry and Katherine) Hope it continues to fly high.

My guilty pleasure in the rom com category is Kate and Leopold. Next to the G man, Hugh is the MAN! :kisswink:

Mine too!!! I love Hugh, I saw that movie 10 times!!! I even have the "Someone like you" DVD, with Hugh and Ashley Judd!!

My guilty pleasure in the rom com category is Kate and Leopold. Next to the G man, Hugh is the MAN! :kisswink:

Mine too!!! I love Hugh, I saw that movie 10 times!!! I even have the "Someone like you" DVD, with Hugh and Ashley Judd!!

Oooo that's my other Hugh favorite. I would love to see Ashley make a movie with GB. Double Jeopardy is another favorite movie of mine. Ashley kicks butt in that movie. :kisswink:

Oooo that's my other Hugh favorite. I would love to see Ashley make a movie with GB. Double Jeopardy is another favorite movie of mine. Ashley kicks butt in that movie. :kisswink:

Double Jeopardy is one of the best kick butt movies I've ever seen!! I'd like too to see Ashley to make a movie with GB... Let's hope!!

I just read that TUT did very well in Spain this weekend, mucho bueno!

Ha, imagine Gerry dubbed in Spanish.

No, please no, I don't want to know...

Lavender, his voice is already ruined when dubbed in Italian!!!

Gerry has not many fans here, don't you wonder why??? POTO was all translated and dubbed, bleh...

Edited by Kyriem

TUT was #1 in Greece as well! Small market, I know, but still a difficult one to tackle. At first people were a bit sceptical because they always associate Gerry with Leonidas. But word of mouth worked and the film is at the top!

And we don't bud films here, we only have subtitles and a lot of people told me how they loved him trying to play the American. :-) Also I was surprised to find out that a lot of the guys from the office chose to go and see it and the felt that Gerry was the highlight of the film and they were really amazed at how good he was.

Theresa

oh dear Kryiem, why don't they just use subtitles, I love watching foreign movies with English subtitles, in fact we never dub foreign movies here, we just slap on subtitles so you can actually learn a little of a language as you watch the movie and you don't lose a big part of the essence of the movie

Glad to hear the Greeks are sensible and don't dub.

Edited by lavender1960