Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry the Dad; my bet is he'll be a dad w/cajones

I've been thinking about Gerry's new role. A Dad. Then I'm thinkin', who would cast Gerry in a movie where the Dad whose child is abducted is a wimpy, cry baby that can't figure out what to do next and just goes around wringing his hands? I'm sure there will be a lot of emotion here, and I'm sure he'll so some fatherly concern that will include some anger as well (damn, he does anger WELL), I've got to think that this Dad is going to show some balls (damn, he does BALLS well). :wideeyes:

I really like Pierce Brosnan and I think he is well aware of Gerry's ability to show all kinds of emotions and I think he wasn't looking for a "sweet" man to play this particular Daddy. I am really hoping there's a lot of push-pull between the dad and the kidnapper, along with some tests of who can outwit who(m).

I want to see some clinched lips, and throat veins :angry: , coarse voice and I want him to HIT something (damn, he does anger well). I love it when he's mean. I hope we get to see him with his hand's around Brosnan's neck! How hot would that be. :terrymuscles:

But, if he should be a sweet man, that's okay (damn, he does sweet well).

Well, that's what I'm hoping for; but I'm also hoping that before the child gets kidnapped there'll be time for some hot scenes. It would be a shame to waste that body under a bunch of clothes for the WHOLE movie. Here's hoping for a little gratuitous nekkidness.

I'm wondering too if Pierce is ready for the competition he's going to face on the screen. I'm sure Kinnear is good in the Matador, no question, but IMHO his screen presence doesn't come close to Gerry's. I think Brosnan is going to have to act his arse off to keep this movie his own.

:KingLeosheadicon:

but I'm also hoping that before the child gets kidnapped there'll be time for some hot scenes. It would be a shame to waste that body under a bunch of clothes for the WHOLE movie. Here's hoping for a little gratuitous nekkidness.

See, I hate it when films put in that sort of thing for no real reason. If there's a good reason for it, okay. But if it's just there just to be there? Bugs me. Even with someone as sexy as Gerry.

Gerry makes a girl fiesty, huh!!! :wideeyes:

Okay, I understand about the nekkidness that's not necessary, I normally feel that way myself. There must be some way to compromise. He could stay clean during the movie and amaze and astound all the critics with his abilities, then they could do a trailer completely unrelated to the movie where he's absolutely HOT and naughty and amaze the everyone with all his other, um, abilities. :cunning:

They could actually charge more for the movie because there'd be something for everyone. Win/Win. :cunning:

:headspin: :inlove:

I am just so glad that he has a movie to do after 300. I think it is ironic that it is with Pierce Brosnan (ex-007) when he was up as the new-007. Wonder if Pierce did that on purpose? haha I know that Ger will be wonderful in it regardless of how they want his character to be. He knows how to be anything they want! Way to go, Ger!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
:confused: I saw PB on some talk shows for the movie and he looks like he's trying to out leather Gerry. In the photos for the movie they have Gerry in a plain brown suit and Bronsan in a sexy leather jacket as well! I realize that they are trying to tone down his sexiness (Gerry's) after all he is a married man with a child but really; married men can dress sexy too! I guess they don't want him to steal the show with his usual drop dead looks. Thats okay though cause we can always imagine the body under the suit eh girls? :thud: :ohbaby2: :pant::swoon::behave::lalala::rotflmao:

I wouldn't be surprised if Pierce Brosnan doesn't want Gerry to outshine him. :humph: I noticed in the pics from the set that Gerry wasn't wearing the best looking clothes or made up too much. It seemed like his looks were toned down so he'd look more like an average Joe.

We'll see how many loyal Brosnan fans we run into when the movie comes out.

Edited by Lady Trueword
:bonk: Ever notice that some men look masculine while others look feminine? Well when I see these two together in promos Gerry is the masculine and makes PB look more Fem. I also saw Gerry shove him into a wall so I think this is going to be a really action filled movie. I just wish they would have given Gerry some leather because he looks tougher in a leather coat! :pant::rotflmao: :whip:

:bonk: Ever notice that some men look masculine while others look feminine? Well when I see these two together in promos Gerry is the masculine and makes PB look more Fem. I also saw Gerry shove him into a wall so I think this is going to be a really action filled movie. I just wish they would have given Gerry some leather because he looks tougher in a leather coat! :pant::rotflmao: :whip:

So Gerry shoved him into a wall, huh? :push:

I can't wait to see this movie. I have difficulty picturing Gerry as the whiny type when it comes to his roles (joking around with a cameraman between takes or at a press conference is different), and I get the feeling that some viewers might wish that he was, due to where their loyalty lies. And while I can't even begin to imagine what that must be like to have your kid taken from you, I think he'll show a wide range of emotions, mostly stress and anger. From what I saw in the behind the scenes clips, he does not portray a whiny man at all, more fiesty and pissed off if anything.

:doh: Whiny! I hope they don't make him whiny; from the clips I saw too it looked like he was ready to kill PB with his bare hands! It put me in mind of Dracula where he shoved Abraham to the wall and if you watch the making of the movie ; they had to tell Gerry to be less rough on the old guy. He cracked the plaster on the wall. :whome2: :whip: :tasty: :rotflmao:

My only fear with this movie is that they cut Gerry's best scenes out or downplay his part to keep him from outshining Brosnan. The reason I am worried is the way they have cut Gerry pretty much out of the promotional things so far. The last one, Pierce had kind words for Maria, but didn't even mention Gerry. I will think a lot less of Pierce if this happens. Gerry hasn't been very vocal about this movie, so I wonder if there was tension on the set. I hope I'm just imagining things.

:doh: What is it that Craig Fergusson says about English blokes and Scotts? Yeah I know what you mean I've seen the same promos and I noticed there was little if anything about his co-star Gerard Butler. I will be doing like with TRII and ROF buying it because of Gerry and if he is only in (some parts) then I will be watching the (some parts)only! I want to see him as a dad and bet there will be some tender moments before the sh*t hits the fan. In ROF he was so darn cute with the kids made me want to be a kid again! :rotflmao:
  • 2 weeks later...

The reason I am worried is the way they have cut Gerry pretty much out of the promotional things so far. The last one, Pierce had kind words for Maria, but didn't even mention Gerry.

That is really odd....:confused:

Gerry hasn't been very vocal about this movie

Yeah, he's talked about his injuries from the car stunt, but not really about the movie itself. Hmm...

:doh: As much as I hate 007 movies; I wanted Gerry to be the new Bond because it would have put his name out there almost every night. I watch Entertainment tonight and Extra and they always have something to say about Bond. I wish that this new role "Priest" will make him widely known not just to us lusty ladies but to ALL! :chatter: :hmm2: :dance3: Hey world he is right here come and GET HIM! :spinny: So we cab see more of him. :tasty: Oh my goodness how I am so HOOKED on the man... :doh:

:doh: As much as I hate 007 movies; I wanted Gerry to be the new Bond because it would have put his name out there almost every night. I watch Entertainment tonight and Extra and they always have something to say about Bond. I wish that this new role "Priest" will make him widely known not just to us lusty ladies but to ALL! :chatter: :hmm2: :dance3: Hey world he is right here come and GET HIM! :spinny: So we cab see more of him. :tasty: Oh my goodness how I am so HOOKED on the man... :doh:

I hate those Bond films, too, but I do agree that at least his name would be out there.

You can bet there would have been alot more happy people over Gerry then there are over Daniel Craig.

I know how you feel, May. I'm thoroughly hooked, too. :wub:

Dawn