Gerard Butler GALS

Love Never Dies

Knight Phantom

I don’t know about this sequel. I don’t like some of the rumors that I’ve been reading, especially those concerning the character of Raoul. I know I’m thinking differently than ALW, but the Phantom and Christine just do not mix. Raoul is more Christine’s speed. I’m sure the songs and the singer and everyone one will be just fine, but I’m sure about the story line yet, and story line is important to me. I think I unconsciously want this sequel to do bad because I want my novel to be the sequel, LOL. Hey, a girl can dream, can’t she? In all seriousness, though, I’m not genius (I’m only a genius in my dreams).

Edited by gerran

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh things are getting exciting! Although to be honest I can't tell the difference between the mask and the artwork that was posted before.

Archiving The Mask

Wednesday, 2 Dec 2009

This morning a very special item was delivered to our offices: the mask that was specially created for the Love Never Dies logo and artwork – you can see it to the left of the banner above this very page in all its glory – all lovingly wrapped up and packed away in what looked like a very glamorous hat box.

This is the physical mask that was designed, moulded and built from scratch by our creative advertising agency, purely for the purposes of being photographed. The team working on the Love Never Dies artwork designs tried several shots of the mask, lit and positioned in different ways, before the final favourite image was decided upon. This was then digitised by the team as they created the final logo we now see, complete with its “distressed” finish.

There’s been much discussion on what the mask represents from the show, but in the flesh (as it were) the mask is exquisitely beautiful in its design, the striking red lips and dark eye sockets in stark contrast to the very pale white colour of the ‘face’ – not in shadow, obviously, as it appears in the images.

As this mask was actually created purely for the purposes of being photographed and won’t appear in the show it’s now been sent to our deep dark theatre archive where it will rest – a bit like the Phantom in his lair, you could say. So there was just enough time for us to say a few ‘ooohs’ and ‘aaahs’ before it was swept away by the archivists…

A wee bit being shown here; a new part! The character's name is Fleck. Hmmm, sounds interesting...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/articl...fulfilment.html

It's do-re-me time: Meet the women who are singing their way to self-fulfilment

By Serena Allott

Last updated at 8:00 PM on 05th December 2009

Boosted by the success of TV shows such asThe X Factor and The Choir, more and more of us are taking up singing. Here five women reveal how finding their voice has opened up a whole new world

Niamh Perry

'I've gone from A Level student to West-End star,' says Niamh Perry

Niamh Perry burst into the limelight aged 17 when she abandoned school to battle her way through I’d Do Anything, the televised search by Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber and Cameron Mackintosh to find a Nancy to star in Oliver! Her disappointment at being squeezed out in the quarter finals was short-lived as she hasn’t stopped working since. A six-month run as Sophie in Mamma Mia! ends on 12 December and she is due to create the role of Fleck in Love Never Dies, Sir Andrew’s new sequel to Phantom of the Opera.

Brought up in Bangor, Northern Ireland, she moved to London at the beginning of this year and, now aged 19, is sharing a flat with fellow would-be Nancy Samantha Barks.

‘My grandfather was a self-taught opera singer, known on the Belfast circuit, and my dad loves to sing. He and I used to perform at family weddings. I started lessons when I was eight; I was classically trained and by the time I was 16 I had passed grade eight and was teaching the younger children at my school. Then I joined Music Theatre for Youth and that took over; singing has always felt like second nature to me, but that’s when I decided I really wanted to work in the industry.

Mamma Mia!

‘On Christmas Day 2007 my cousin put an application form for I’d Do Anything on my plate. When the auditions came to Glasgow I bunked off school and we made a weekend of it, me, my cousin and my aunt. There must have been a few thousand there; it was quite surreal. I never imagined making it through the first round, let alone to the final 12. I think a lot of it flew right over my head.

Once we were in the Nancy bubble we were quite protected; there were a couple of pieces in the press about how I used to have acne, and some publications wanted to know about my relationships, but the Northern Irish press was very supportive.

‘I left the Nancy house a week before my A-levels. My parents, who are both head teachers, and Andrew Lloyd Webber urged me to do them, so I really crammed and got two Bs and a C.

‘In “Phantom 2” I’ve got the chance to create a role and make it my own, which is so exciting’

'Two months later I premiered a new musical, Only the Brave at the Edinburgh Festival, and since then it has been nonstop. I had planned to do a degree in musical theatre, but now I’m learning as I go along. In “Phantom 2” I’ve got the chance to create a role and make it my own, which is so exciting. I’d Do Anything has made my dream of working in musical theatre a reality: Sir Andrew has been an incredible mentor and I’m so lucky to work with Cameron Mackintosh. I have to pinch myself sometimes!’

Love Never Dies opens at the Adelphi Theatre, London, on 9 March 2010. Tickets, priced from £25 to £67.50, are available from the theatre box office on 0844 412 4651, loveneverdies.com

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/articl...l#ixzz0YrXfCRJu

Look at what I just tripped over...a Track List from the yet to be released soundtrack for Love Never Dies!!

I copied it from a message board (musicals.net), and they say the source is broadwayworld.com; so take it with a pinch of salt. Until we see this from RUG or loveneverdies.com it is purely speculation.

Disc 1

1. Prologue

2. The Coney Island Waltz

3. That's the place you ruined, you fool!

4. A Little Slice of Heaven

5. Only For Him/Only For You

6. The Ayrie

7. 'Till I Hear You Sing

8. Giry Confronts the Phantom/'Till I Hear You Sing (Reprise)

9. Christine Disembarks

10. Arrival of the Trio/Are You Ready to Begin?

11. What a Dreadful Town!...

12. Look With Your Heart

13. Beneath a Moonless Sky

14. Once Upon Another Time

15. "Mother Please, I'm Scared!"

16. Dear Old Friend

17. Beautiful

18. The Beauty Underneath

19. The Phantom Confronts Christine

Disc 2

1. Entr'acte

2. Why Does She Love Me?

3. Devil Take the Hindmost

4. A Little Slice of Heaven (Reprise)

5. Ladies... Gents!/The Coney Island Waltz (Reprise)

6. Bathing Beauty

7. "Mother, Did You Watch?"

8. Before the Performance

9. Devil Take the Hindmost (Quartet)

10. Love Never Dies

11. "Ah, Christine!..."

12. "Gustave! Gustave!..."

13. "Please, Miss Giry, I Want to Go Back..."

Edited by Knight Phantom

Here is the latest from Love Never Dies. Now I really have to get that deluxe CD set!

http://www.loveneverdies.com/blog/2009/12/...ove-never-dies/

Filming Love Never Dies

Monday, 14 Dec 2009

As many of you know, over the past months the digital team have been working with a film crew who have been on hand to capture key moments behind the scenes as we bring Love Never Dies closer to the stage.

We have obtained footage from the album recording studio and workshop sessions, we have watched the set coming together - starting with tiny yet incredibly detailed models which are then turned into the huge, full scale pieces, and of course we have covered the launch of the show at Her Majesty’s Theatre. We have spoken to all the key people involved in the creative process and have obtained a valuable insight into the commitment and passion that every member of the creative team have put into creating one of the most widely anticipated pieces of musical theatre. We have also interviewed those who will be bringing the show to life onstage including Ramin and Sierra, and other cast members who we can’t tell you about just yet!

A couple of weeks ago we sat down and started going through the many, many hours of footage we have amassed over the last 6 months and began editing some film together to produce a record of the early stages of this historic production. The resulting film will contain material about Coney Island, where Love Never Dies is set, bear witness to what goes on behind the scenes as the album is recorded, and show how the set design is progressing from the original paper designs to the intricate full scale pieces ready to be moved into the theatre. We’ll also hear more about the characters from the original Phantom and what has happened to them in the intervening 10 years, how they have changed and a look at their new lives in the bright electric world of New York’s Coney Island, a place that couldn’t be further removed from the candlelit setting of 19th century Paris.

We are putting the finishing touches to the edit as we speak and the film will be included on the Love Never Dies deluxe album package set for release next year.

Edited by Knight Phantom

Have Yourself a Coney Little Christmas

Tuesday, 15 Dec 2009

As the Christmas holiday period approaches, no doubt all those working on the many varied aspects of Love Never Dies will be looking forward to a brief rest, as in the New Year work will start again in real earnest – not that the past few months haven’t been equally full of hard work! But next year sees the cast begin rehearsals on 4th January as they and everyone else prepares for the previews from 20th February – so that means everything from the merchandise team getting their goods organised, the Adelphi theatre staff running through all their necessary checks, to the creative team perfecting the costume, set, lighting, sound and many other often very intricate design elements of the show.

As the show gears up for previews, those of you who are in the UK might want to keep an eye out for the Love Never Dies artwork which will be cropping up in newspaper adverts and on posters around the West End.

For us, we’re continuing to work on the full Love Never Dies website (among other things!) which will, as previously blogged, feature an interactive ‘Coney Island Experience’ section which takes web visitors through the Coney Island funfair to the Phantom’s new home. The latest visuals from our design team are looking great – they have a real old fairground feel, so expect an amazing trip through Coney Island circa the early 1900’s. All you’ll need is some cotton candy or a bag of popcorn to accompany you for a complete fairground experience.

For the team working on the website it’s a big job to build this, but it’s definitely one that will be worth the wait as they continue to put the finishing touches to the Coney Island Experience and the rest of the website. Keep checking www.loveneverdies.com for the great unveiling in the new year! And you will (hopefully) be pleased to know that this blog will continue to feature on the enhanced website when it launches – so as they might have said in Coney – roll up, roll up…

*sigh* It just keeps getting better and better...

67 Days to the first preview!

Woo Hoo!! This came in this morning from broadwayworld.com

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Full_...st_End_20091217

Full Cast Announced For LOVE NEVER DIES In West End

Thursday, December 17, 2009; Posted: 05:12 AM - by BWW News Desk

Andrew Lloyd Webber's long awaited new show "LOVE NEVER DIES" will have its World Premiere in London at the Adelphi Theatre on Tuesday 9 March 2010, followed by New York on Thursday 11 November and Australia in 2011.

"LOVE NEVER DIES" continues the story of ‘The Phantom', who has moved from his lair in the Paris Opera House to haunt the fairgrounds of Coney Island, far across the Atlantic. Set ten years after the mysterious disappearance of ‘The Phantom' from Paris, this show is a rollercoaster ride of obsession and intrigue...in which music and memory can play cruel tricks...and ‘The Phantom' sets out to prove that, indeed, "LOVE NEVER DIES".

"The Phantom of the Opera", based on the French novel by Gaston Leroux, has proved a huge success the world over and has been seen by over 100 million people, making it the single most successful entertainment entity in history. The show has been translated into 15 languages and has played in over 25 different countries, including China, Brazil, Poland and Korea. "The Phantom of the Opera" opened at Her Majesty's Theatre in London on 9 October 1986 starring Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford and celebrated its 23rd London birthday on 9 October 2009. "The Phantom of the Opera" has won a staggering 50 awards worldwide, whilst global album sales currently stand at over 40 million copies.

Ramin Karimloo will create the role of ‘The Phantom' in "LOVE NEVER DIES", having already played the role to great acclaim in "The Phantom of the Opera" in London. Ramin's other stage credits include starring as ‘Enjolras' in "Les Misérables" in the West End, ‘Chris' in the UK tour of "Miss Saigon" and ‘Artie Green' in the UK tour of "Sunset Boulevard". Ramin also played ‘Raoul' in the West End production of "The Phantom of the Opera", as well as the role of ‘Christine's Father' in Joel Schumacher's film, making him the only actor to play all three of ‘Christine's' loves.

Sierra Boggess will create the role of ‘Christine' in "LOVE NEVER DIES". Sierra made her Broadway debut creating the lead role of ‘Ariel' in Disney's "The Little Mermaid", receiving both Drama League and Drama Desk Award nominations and a Broadway.com Audience Award for ‘Favourite Breakthrough Performance'. She also understudied the role of ‘Cosette' in the U.S. national tour of "Les Misérables". In 2007 Sierra was handpicked by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Hal Prince to originate the role of ‘Christine' in the brand new production of "Phantom - The Las Vegas Spectacular". "LOVE NEVER DIES" marks Sierra's West End debut.

Joseph Millson will play ‘Raoul'. He has worked extensively in theatre, film and television, including many roles at both the National Theatre and the Royal Shakespeare Company. He was nominated as ‘Best Actor 2001' at the Royal Television Society Awards, and as ‘Most Promising Actor 1999' and ‘Best Actor 2000' at the National Television Awards for his starring role as ‘Sam Morgan' in five series of "Peak Practice".

Liz Robertson will play ‘Madame Giry'. Liz Robertson has starred in many West End and regional musicals, including "The King and I", "The Sound of Music", "I Love My Wife", "The Mitford Girls" and "Song and Dance". She starred as ‘Eliza Doolittle' in "My Fair Lady" at the Adelphi Theatre for which she earned rave reviews and The Variety Club's ‘Most Promising Actress' Award, as well as an ‘Olivier' nomination for ‘Best Actress in a Musical'.

Summer Strallen will play ‘Meg Giry'. She, also, has starred in many West End musicals, including "Scrooge", "Cats", "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang", "Guys and Dolls", "The Boyfriend" (for which she was nominated for the 2007 ‘Olivier' Award for ‘Best Supporting Role in a Musical') and "The Drowsy Chaperone" (for which she was nominated for the 2008 ‘Olivier' Award for ‘Best Actress in a Musical'). She recently starred as ‘Maria' in the London Palladium production of "The Sound of Music", having won the role whilst playing ‘Summer Shaw' in "Hollyoaks" on television.

‘Fleck', ‘Squelch' and ‘Gangle' will be played respectively by Niamh Perry, Adam Pearce and Jami Reid-Quarrell. Niamh has recently starred as ‘Sophie' in "MAMMA MIA!" at the Prince of Wales Theatre and was one of the twelve finalists in "I'd Do Anything" on BBC 1, in which she came fifth. Adam spent four years with the National Youth Music Theatre and has subsequently played in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat" and "Evita", both at the Adelphi Theatre in London. Jami has worked with the English National Opera, the West Yorkshire Playhouse, the Royal Opera House and the Royal Shakespeare Company, and was in the recent West End production of "Equus" and played the lead in "Depeche Mode" for television.

The cast will also include Derek Andrews, Dean Chisnall, Helen Dixon, Lucie Downer, Paul Farrell, Charlene Ford, Chris Gage, Lucy van Gasse, Celia Graham, Simon Ray Harvey, Jack Horner, Erin Anna Jameson, Pip Jordan, Jessica Kirton, Louise Madison, Janet Mooney, Colette Morrow, Tam Mutu, Ashley Nottingham, Tom Oakley, Mark Skipper, Jonathan Stewart, Tim Walton and Annette Yeo.

Lyricist Glenn Slater was nominated for the 2008 Tony and Grammy Awards for Disney's theatrical production of "The Little Mermaid". He is lyricist on the current London production of "Sister Act". Bob Crowley, set and costume designer, recently worked on "Phèdre" with Helen Mirren at the National Theatre. His many award-winning productions include "The History Boys", "Les Liaisons Dangereuses", Disney's "Aida", "Mary Poppins" and "The Year of Magical Thinking". Choreographer Jerry Mitchell recently made his directorial debut with "Legally Blonde", both on Broadway and in the West End, and choreographed the award-winning musical productions of "La Cage aux Folles", "Hairspray", "The Full Monty" and "Catch Me If You Can", which recently opened in Seattle. Director Jack O'Brien directed the award-winning London production of "Hairspray" and won Tony awards for the Broadway productions of Tom Stoppard's "The Coast of Utopia", "Hairspray" and the 2004 production of "Henry IV". His other productions include Stoppard's "The Invention of Love", "The Full Monty", "Hapgood", "Damn Yankees", "The Little Foxes", "Catch Me If You Can", and operas including "Street Scene" at New York City Opera and "Il Triticco" at the Metropolitan Opera.

The World Premiere of "LOVE NEVER DIES" will take place in London on 9 March 2010 at the Adelphi Theatre. Previews begin on 20 February. The show will subsequently open in New York on 11 November 2010 and then in Australia in 2011.

March 2010 sees the Polydor/Universal release of the album of "LOVE NEVER DIES", the long awaited follow up to "The Phantom Of The Opera" (the eighth best-selling album of ALL TIME, unprecedented for a musical theatre album). The album release will coincide with the opening of the show in London's West End and will be available in both deluxe and standard versions.

This from whatsonstage.com

http://www.whatsonstage.com/news/theatre/l...ll+Casting.html

Niamh Perry Joins Love Never Dies, Full Casting

Date: 17 December 2009

Full casting – including the addition of I’d Do Anything’s Niamh Perry – has now been announced for Love Never Dies, Andrew Lloyd Webber’s follow-up to The Phantom of the Opera, which receives its world premiere on 9 March 2010 (previews from 20 February) at the West End’s Adelphi Theatre (See News, 8 Oct 2009).

Love Never Dies is set in 1907, ten years after the conclusion of the original story. The Phantom has escaped to New York with Madame and Meg Giry and found success in the fairgrounds of Coney Island as a magician and entertainer. When he builds a new opera house, he persuades his old ingenue Christine Daae, now a huge star and married to her old flame Raoul, to sing for him once more...

As already announced, Ramin Karimloo and Sierra Boggess star as the Phantom and Christine, with Summer Strallen as Meg Giry, according Liz Robertson as Madame Giry and Joseph Millson as Raoul, the Vicomte de Chagny (See News, 9 Nov 2009).

Since being discovered on Lloyd Webber’s BBC reality TV programme I’d Do Anything to cast Nancy in Oliver!, Niamh Perry has starred in Only the Brave and is currently in the West End in Mamma Mia!. In Love Never Dies, she plays Fleck.

The new musical also features Adam Pearce (Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat) and Jami Reid-Quarrell (Equus) as Squelch and Gangle. The rest of the company comprises: Dean Chisnall, Helen Dixon, Lucie Downer, Paul Farrell, Charlene Ford, Chris Gage, Lucy van Gasse, Celia Graham, Simon Ray Harvey, Jack Horner, Erin Anna Jameson, Pip Jordan, Jessica Kirton, Louise Madison, Janet Mooney, Colette Morrow, Tam Mutu, Ashley Nottingham, Tom Oakley, Mark Skipper, Jonathan Stewart, Tim Walton and Annette Yeo. Love Never Dies, which has a score by Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Glenn Slater, is directed by Jack O'Brien and designed by Bob Crowley, with choreography by Jerry Mitchell and lighting by Paule Constable.

- by Terri Paddock

Edited by Knight Phantom

Hey Delene and Diane! :wave:

Look! More goodies for us!!!

http://www.loveneverdies.com/blog/2009/12/17/oh-dear/

OH DEAR...

Thursday, 17 Dec 2009

Hello, my name is Adam Pearce, I have been approached by the Love Never Dies Team to write a series of blogs for the site as I will soon be starting rehearsals for the production creating the role of ex-strongman, ‘Squelch’.

As he is an ‘ex-strongman’, I have been a tad worried by the term ‘Strongman’ as I find myself more as a ‘Chubby-Funster’.

So I set myself a task and I am pleased to say I am on the way – I started my campaign with a weekend run in The Great South Run in Portsmouth. 10miles! I survived, Hoorah!!!

More very soon… but for now…

The Training Continues…

WOW Deb....You have found a plethora of info here....Thanks for keeping us up to speed Sweetie! Still looking forward to the NY get together!

:wave: Frannie

I hope they do use the original cast for the sequal, for all you who wouldn't have it any other

way. I am open to whatever ALW deems best when the time comes, and it could be a few

years, altho I am betting it won't be as long as it was for POTO. I have fallen in love with

Ramin--when I saw and heard him sing TIL I HEAR YOU SING AGAIN. His eyes and the

passion he put into the song (in the close up tv version) I would be okay with him doing the

movie IF Gerry doesn't choose to do it. And, honestly, I don't think he will.

I would love to see Gerry do another musical--maybe one that was not so "operatic." Who

knows, maybe there will be something new, if not a revival of one of the older musicals.

Please note: I am in NO WAY dissing GB's performance in POTO--I loved it and still do. He

was just perfect IMHO.

THanks for putting the articles here--I need to keep my eye on the LND website. I am SO

eager for the music to be released. Maybe they will give us another "bone" one of these

days.

Judy

:wuv: Oh I am with you on that score! I think that Andrew needs to think long and hard about the original cast if it goes to the bigh screen! I heard Gerry mention in an interview at Dubai that he was looking for more work...any kind...even a musical if need be? I did a double take when I heard that; it did not fall on deaf ears. Were you listening Andrew?I really think that if it does go to the big screen; that it should not be based completely on an Opera setting; but more a movie style (less singing more speach) The music can play in the back ground but let the actors do what they do best... By the way;

Karimloo hasn't been in direct contact with Andrew Lloyd Webber since the composer announced he was suffering from prostate cancer, since he feels "he needs rest with his family at the moment.''

Did I understand this to mean that Andrew has prostate cancer?!? I hope not because if anything could thwart his taking this to the big screen; this would!

• 2 weeks later...

I really think that if it does go to the big screen; that it should not be based completely on an Opera setting; but more a movie style (less singing more speach) The music can play in the back ground but let the actors do what they do best... By the way;

I hate to disagree May. After all it is a musical, and singing is what they do in musicals! :funnyup:

Here is a blog post from one of the cast members.

http://www.loveneverdies.com/blog/2009/12/...roducing-fleck/

INTRODUCING FLECK

Wednesday, 23 Dec 2009

Hi I’m Niamh Perry and I have also been asked to write a few blogs for the Love Never Dies website to give you all an insight into what is going on behind the scenes. I am delighted to be creating the role of ‘Fleck’ and have been anxiously waiting for rehearsals to begin.

I was lucky to be involved in the Love Never Dies workshops and Concept Album over the past 18 months and can’t believe that the time has finally come…. 11 days 18 hours and 2 minutes… not that I’m counting :)

Although we are sworn to secrecy about the show, I think I can divulge a few details about my recent costume fitting. Oh. My. God. The creative team on the show have excelled themselves, and I only saw a sketch of my costume- I can’t imagine how incredible it will be when I get to put it on for the first time.

I recently finished playing Sophie in Mamma Mia and I have to admit that my costumes weren’t the most flattering. Let’s hope my Love Never Dies costume makes up for that.

So Adam Pearce has been running all over the place to get extra fit before the gruelling rehearsal period begins. I on the other hand have been eating loads preparing myself for Christmas. However my new years resolution is to get back to the gym and get cracking on my abs- I’ve met some of the other females in the cast and they’re all fit!

Well, there is not much more that I can say before rehearsals begin on the 4th of January. Maybe then I can share a few secrets…..

Have an amazing Christmas

love Niamh xx

51 DAYS UNTIL PREVIEWS START!

Edited by Knight Phantom

Oh Lord, let it be true! I'd love it that Gerry wants to do a musical and reprise his roll as the Phantom if LND went to film! That and Burns are my two biggest wishes! And as far as music in the movie, I say more acting AND allow the singing too! Make it as long as it needs to be! I'd love to hear Gerry singing again!

I don't think PC will hinder ALW a bit. If it's caught early it's 100% curable so he'd be just fine. He just needed to take a rest while undergoing treatment.

Thanks for all the updates, Deb! Keep us informed!

Delene

The only thing I'm still in a funk about is the title, "Love Never Dies". Still sounds like a James Bond flick to me. I liked his first working title, "Once Upon Another Time". That sounds so much more, phantomish!

Edited by GBPhanatic

Thank you Deb! This new connection will be great if she keeps blogging. I would love to see some drawings of costumes for the play. Wouldn't that be something?

Its funny how we all see things differently. I'm glad they changed the name, because "Once Upon Another Time" sounded fairytale-ish to me. lol Just goes to show, we can't please everybody. "Love Never Dies" does sound Bondish. I would have liked a totally different name that sounds more like the Phantom story we love...more mysterious. Neither of these names do that. I'm hoping the name will fit when we see the musical in its entirety.

Sally

Edited by cybrsal

I wish I could go to the London show - it's right after my birthday! What an awesome bday pressie that would be!

:wuv::drool1: Wow AimeeMarie; I love your banner...I wonder what he has is that little package?....Any clues?

Karimloo hasn't been in direct contact with Andrew Lloyd Webber since the composer announced he was suffering from prostate cancer, since he feels "he needs rest with his family at the moment.''

Did I understand this to mean that Andrew has prostate cancer?!? I hope not because if anything could thwart his taking this to the big screen; this would! Edited by may

Yes May, ALW does have Prostate cancer, but he caught it early and is expected to make a full recovery.

Now, on to some more good news!

From the London Times:

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol...icle6971720.ece full article here.

January 1, 2010

2010: a look ahead at the year in theatre

by Benedict Nightingale

The Phantom returns in Love Never Dies

There is no doubting which theatrical event will get the most attention in 2010, or at least in the first half of a year that, like a good play, is yet to reveal all of its secrets. That’s Andrew Lloyd Webber’s follow-up to The Phantom of the Opera, which is now in its 24th year at Her Majesty’s. Love Never Dies (from Feb 20), as the new musical is rather wistfully called, whisks the obsessed bloke in the half-mask from the bowels of the Paris Opera to Coney Island where, a decade after that subterranean scandal, he’s running what’s sure to be a pretty sinister fairground — and to which he summons his old love, who has become a famous diva.

It sounds a bit far-fetched but, if Lloyd Webber matches his soaring score for Phantom, a romantic story will probably carry us with it. In any case, isn’t one of the functions of the theatre to surprise, astonish, maybe even be far-fetched?

This just in from The Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...eatre-2010.html full article here

What to look forward to in theatre in 2010

By Patrick Marmion

No prizes for guessing this year's biggest show: it can only be Love Never Dies, Andrew Lloyd Webber's sequel to The Phantom Of The Opera. Having vanished from the Paris Opera House, the Phantom has resurfaced in the fairgrounds of New York's Coney Island, where he and his beloved are sung by Ramin Karimloo and Sierra Boggess (Adelphi Theatre, previews from Feb 20).

I for one am tickled to see this advance buzz. Bodes well IMO.

Found a blurb from WalesOnline this morning: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/showbiz-and-l...91466-25501039/

In London, the long-awaited follow-up to one of the biggest musicals of all time, The Phantom Of The Opera, will receive its world premiere – and it happens to coincide with the launch of the opening production from National Theatre Wales.Love Never Dies is due to open at London’s Adelphi Theatre on March 9, 2010 and will be the first time a musical sequel is staged in the West End.Andrew Lloyd Webber’s new production will star Sierra Boggess as Christine Daaé, and Ramin Karimloo as the Phantom, a role he has previously played in the West End. The musical is set a decade after the end of Phantom, which opened in the West End in 1986 and grossed more than $5bn worldwide by 2007. Christine is invited to perform at Phantasma, a new attraction in Coney Island, by an anonymous impresario and, with her husband Raoul and son Gustave in tow, journeys to Brooklyn, unaware it is the Phantom who has arranged her appearance in the popular beach resort.Lloyd Webber first began plans for a sequel in 1997.“I thought about it a long, long time ago and couldn’t make it, so abandoned it. I started thinking about it again two years ago,†he revealed in an exclusive Western Mail interview five months ago.“I was working on something completely different with Ben Elton, and explained to him what the problem was. “He said, ‘I can give you an outline which I think will unlock it completely.’ Ben and I put together a synopsis which showed promise.“This one is unlike anything I’ve done before. It’s the continuing story of something that’s not only been the biggest thing in my career, but the biggest thing there’s been in entertainment in the last 20 years.

I don't know how I missed this on December 17! Better late than never I guess. From Really Useful Group http://www.reallyuseful.com/news/full-love...-cast-announced

Full Love Never Dies cast announced

by nicola slavin — last modified Dec 18, 2009 03:38 PM

— filed under: Love Never Dies

- Dec 17, 2009

Latest press release details full cast for upcoming show.

Full Love Never Dies cast announced

Love Never Dies

“LOVE NEVER DIES†TO WORLD PREMIERE IN LONDON AT THE ADELPHI THEATRE ON TUESDAY 9 MARCH 2010 AND NEW YORK ON THURSDAY 11 NOVEMBER 2010

RAMIN KARIMLOO AND SIERRA BOGGESS TO STAR AS ‘THE PHANTOM’ AND ‘CHRISTINE’ IN LONDON - FULL CASTING ANNOUNCED

‘THE PHANTOM’ CONTINUES TO HOLD THE WORLD IN THRALL AS HE RETURNS TO PROVE THAT “LOVE NEVER DIESâ€

Andrew Lloyd Webber’s long awaited new show “LOVE NEVER DIES†will have its World Premiere in London at the Adelphi Theatre on Tuesday 9 March 2010, followed by New York on Thursday 11 November and Australia in 2011.

“LOVE NEVER DIES†continues the story of ‘The Phantom’, who has moved from his lair in the Paris Opera House to haunt the fairgrounds of Coney Island, far across the Atlantic. Set ten years after the mysterious disappearance of ‘The Phantom’ from Paris, this show is a rollercoaster ride of obsession and intrigue...in which music and memory can play cruel tricks...and ‘The Phantom’ sets out to prove that, indeed, “LOVE NEVER DIESâ€.

“The Phantom of the Operaâ€, based on the French novel by Gaston Leroux, has proved a huge success the world over and has been seen by over 100 million people, making it the single most successful entertainment entity in history. The show has been translated into 15 languages and has played in over 25 different countries, including China, Brazil, Poland and Korea. “The Phantom of the Opera†opened at Her Majesty’s Theatre in London on 9 October 1986 starring Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford and celebrated its 23rd London birthday on 9 October 2009. “The Phantom of the Opera†has won a staggering 50 awards worldwide, whilst global album sales currently stand at over 40 million copies.

Ramin Karimloo will create the role of ‘The Phantom’ in “LOVE NEVER DIESâ€, having already played the role to great acclaim in “The Phantom of the Opera†in London. Ramin’s other stage credits include starring as ‘Enjolras’ in “Les Misérables†in the West End, ‘Chris’ in the UK tour of “Miss Saigon†and ‘Artie Green’ in the UK tour of “Sunset Boulevardâ€. Ramin also played ‘Raoul’ in the West End production of “The Phantom of the Operaâ€, as well as the role of ‘Christine’s Father’ in Joel Schumacher’s film, making him the only actor to play all three of ‘Christine’s’ loves.

Sierra Boggess will create the role of ‘Christine’ in “LOVE NEVER DIESâ€. Sierra made her Broadway debut creating the lead role of ‘Ariel’ in Disney’s “The Little Mermaidâ€, receiving both Drama League and Drama Desk Award nominations and a Broadway.com Audience Award for ‘Favourite Breakthrough Performance’. She also understudied the role of ‘Cosette’ in the U.S. national tour of “Les Misérablesâ€. In 2007 Sierra was handpicked by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Hal Prince to originate the role of ‘Christine’ in the brand new production of “Phantom - The Las Vegas Spectacularâ€. “LOVE NEVER DIES†marks Sierra’s West End debut.

Joseph Millson will play ‘Raoul’. He has worked extensively in theatre, film and television, including many roles at the National Theatre, the Royal Shakespeare Company, the Almeida Theatre, the Royal Court and the Old Vic. Joseph's film credits include “Casino Royale†and “Talk to Meâ€. On television Joe has been seen in “The Sarah Jane Adventuresâ€, “Ashes to Ashesâ€, “Enidâ€, “Survivors†and five series of “Peak Practiceâ€.

Liz Robertson will play ‘Madame Giry’. Liz Robertson has starred in many West End and regional musicals, including “The King and Iâ€, “The Sound of Musicâ€, “I Love My Wifeâ€, “The Mitford Girls†and “Song and Danceâ€. She starred as ‘Eliza Doolittle’ in “My Fair Lady†at the Adelphi Theatre for which she earned rave reviews and The Variety Club’s ‘Most Promising Actress’ Award, as well as an ‘Olivier’ nomination for ‘Best Actress in a Musical’.

Summer Strallen will play ‘Meg Giry’. She, also, has starred in many West End musicals, including “Scroogeâ€, “Catsâ€, “Chitty Chitty Bang Bangâ€, “Guys and Dollsâ€, “The Boyfriend†(for which she was nominated for the 2007 ‘Olivier’ Award for ‘Best Supporting Role in a Musical’) and “The Drowsy Chaperone†(for which she was nominated for the 2008 ‘Olivier’ Award for ‘Best Actress in a Musical’). She recently starred as ‘Maria’ in the London Palladium production of “The Sound of Musicâ€, having won the role whilst playing ‘Summer Shaw’ in “Hollyoaks†on television.

‘Fleck’, ‘Squelch’ and ‘Gangle’ will be played respectively by Niamh Perry, Adam Pearce and Jami Reid-Quarrell. Niamh has recently starred as ‘Sophie’ in “MAMMA MIA!†at the Prince of Wales Theatre and was one of the twelve finalists in “I’d Do Anything†on BBC 1, in which she came fifth. Adam spent four years with the National Youth Music Theatre and has subsequently played in “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat†and “Evitaâ€, both at the Adelphi Theatre in London. Jami has worked with the English National Opera, the West Yorkshire Playhouse, the Royal Opera House and the Royal Shakespeare Company, and was in the recent West End production of “Equus†and played the lead in “Depeche Mode†for television.

The cast will also include Derek Andrews, Dean Chisnall, Helen Dixon, Lucie Downer, Paul Farrell, Charlene Ford, Chris Gage, Lucy van Gasse, Celia Graham, Simon Ray Harvey, Jack Horner, Erin Anna Jameson, Pip Jordan, Jessica Kirton, Louise Madison, Janet Mooney, Colette Morrow, Tam Mutu, Ashley Nottingham, Tom Oakley, Mark Skipper, Jonathan Stewart, Tim Walton and Annette Yeo.

Lyricist Glenn Slater was nominated for the 2008 Tony and Grammy Awards for Disney’s theatrical production of “The Little Mermaidâ€. He is lyricist on the current London production of “Sister Actâ€. Bob Crowley, set and costume designer, recently worked on “Phèdre†with Helen Mirren at the National Theatre. His many award-winning productions include “The History Boysâ€, “Les Liaisons Dangereusesâ€, Disney’s “Aidaâ€, “Mary Poppins†and “The Year of Magical Thinkingâ€. Choreographer Jerry Mitchell recently made his directorial debut with “Legally Blondeâ€, both on Broadway and in the West End, and choreographed the award-winning musical productions of “La Cage aux Follesâ€, “Hairsprayâ€, “The Full Monty†and “Catch Me If You Canâ€, which recently opened in Seattle. Director Jack O’Brien directed the award-winning London production of “Hairspray†and won Tony awards for the Broadway productions of Tom Stoppard’s “The Coast of Utopiaâ€, “Hairspray†and the 2004 production of “Henry IVâ€. His other productions include Stoppard’s “The Invention of Loveâ€, “The Full Montyâ€, “Hapgoodâ€, “Damn Yankeesâ€, “The Little Foxesâ€, “Catch Me If You Canâ€, and operas including “Street Scene†at New York City Opera and “Il Triticco†at the Metropolitan Opera.

The World Premiere of “LOVE NEVER DIES†will take place in London on 9 March 2010 at the Adelphi Theatre. Previews begin on 20 February. The show will subsequently open in New York on 11 November 2010 and then in Australia in 2011.

March 2010 sees the Polydor/Universal release of the album of “LOVE NEVER DIESâ€, the long awaited follow up to “The Phantom Of The Opera†(the eighth best-selling album of ALL TIME, unprecedented for a musical theatre album). The album release will coincide with the opening of the show in London’s West End and will be available in both deluxe and standard versions.

:woohoo: :woohoo: OMG!! WILL YA LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

LOVE NEVER DIES Reported to Already Have Near $13 Million Advance

The UK Daily Mail is reporting that LOVE NEVER DIES, the sequel to The Phantom of the Opera has already racked up a very impressive 8 million pound (nearly 13 million dollar) advance for the UK premiere production, a full three months ahead of the first performance.

Andrew Lloyd Webber's long awaited new show "LOVE NEVER DIES" will have its World Premiere in London at the Adelphi Theatre on Tuesday 9 March 2010, followed by New York on Thursday 11 November and Australia in 2011.

"LOVE NEVER DIES" continues the story of ‘The Phantom', who has moved from his lair in the Paris Opera House to haunt the fairgrounds of Coney Island, far across the Atlantic. Set ten years after the mysterious disappearance of ‘The Phantom' from Paris, this show is a rollercoaster ride of obsession and intrigue...in which music and memory can play cruel tricks...and ‘The Phantom' sets out to prove that, indeed, "LOVE NEVER DIES".

"The Phantom of the Opera", based on the French novel by Gaston Leroux, has proved a huge success the world over and has been seen by over 100 million people, making it the single most successful entertainment entity in history. The show has been translated into 15 languages and has played in over 25 different countries, including China, Brazil, Poland and Korea. "The Phantom of the Opera" opened at Her Majesty's Theatre in London on 9 October 1986 starring Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford and celebrated its 23rd London birthday on 9 October 2009. "The Phantom of the Opera" has won a staggering 50 awards worldwide, whilst global album sales currently stand at over 40 million copies.

The World Premiere of "LOVE NEVER DIES" will take place in London on 9 March 2010 at the Adelphi Theatre. Previews begin on 20 February. The show will subsequently open in New York on 11 November 2010 and then in Australia in 2011.

March 2010 sees the Polydor/Universal release of the album of "LOVE NEVER DIES", the long awaited follow up to "The Phantom Of The Opera" (the eighth best-selling album of ALL TIME, unprecedented for a musical theatre album). The album release will coincide with the opening of the show in London's West End and will be available in both deluxe and standard versions.

Performances in London at the Adelphi Theatre will be Mondays - Saturdays at 7.30pm, with Wednesday and Saturday matinees at 2.30pm. Tickets, priced from £25.00 - £67.50 (to include 75p theatre restoration levy and inclusive of booking fees), are available from the Adelphi Theatre Box Office on 0844 412 4651 or online from www.loveneverdies.com.

http://westend.broadwayworld.com/article/L...dvance_20100101 Edited by Knight Phantom

http://www.reallyuseful.com/about-us/help/...pen-in-new-york

Three questions for Love Never Dies tops Really Useful Group's Top FAQ's list!!!! It just keeps getting better and better...

Gerry, are you watching? Will you come back to Erik?