Gerard Butler GALS

Actor Gerard Butler all smiles in brown leather at LAX

framolamdu

I like the picture of him at security... it's good to know he removes his shoes at the x-ray machine, one foot at a time, just like the rest of us. :)

Steph

yeah..but why did he remove them? it's quite a bit I don't fly, six years at least but last time... I didn't remove my shoes!!

Kyriem, You have to remove your shoes & send them through the x-ray machine when you go through security.

Thanks Mo. I really like what he's wearing. I just wish him luck this week on SNL. He'll be great and I hope it's a fun experience for him.

B

I do love that smile, which has been very evident lately. Gerry seems happy and that makes me happy.

Edited by Rendita

I like the picture of him at security... it's good to know he removes his shoes at the x-ray machine, one foot at a time, just like the rest of us. :)

Steph

That is exactly what I was thinking. :lol:

Thanks for the pic! It's been awhile since I've posted. I just watched a segment of the TODAY show that featured a woman who lost over two hundred pounds. She said that after she watched the movie Phantom of the Opera that Gerry was in, she suddenly had an epiphany to lose the weight. She said it was "this particular actor" that inspired her to change her life! I was so impressed watching that segment that my favorite actor could be so inspiring to help an individual with her life. It's amazing that he can make such an impact. If this woman is a member of GALS, I'd like to congratulate her and tell her how amazing she looked on TV. :wave:

Thanks for the pic! It's been awhile since I've posted. I just watched a segment of the TODAY show that featured a woman who lost over two hundred pounds. She said that after she watched the movie Phantom of the Opera that Gerry was in, she suddenly had an epiphany to lose the weight. She said it was "this particular actor" that inspired her to change her life! I was so impressed watching that segment that my favorite actor could be so inspiring to help an individual with her life. It's amazing that he can make such an impact. If this woman is a member of GALS, I'd like to congratulate her and tell her how amazing she looked on TV. :wave:

I heard about the Today Show! It was mentioned on Ann Curry's twitter! This woman is a big Gerry fan (well, not big...but you know what I mean). I heard she herself was quite inspiring!!!

Oh and Lisa, I totally agree with you on his smile! His smile is one of the most magical things I have ever seen. I love that wide green ear to ear when he eye actually crinkle. Drives me insane!!!!

:drool1:

Great Pics, thanks for posting.

Had to laugh at the security pucs though. Glad to see that they don't give celebs any special treatment and that they have to clear security and take off their shoes just like everyone else .

I agree that Gerry seems ot be very happy and smily lately, which is great. I love that fantastic smile of his :wuv:

Amanda

Kyriem, You have to remove your shoes & send them through the x-ray machine when you go through security.

Thank you for the info!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

I have to fly next month, so I have to be sure that my socks will be reeaally clean ;)

He does look especially happy which makes me happy :)

I love how his left boot was pretty already untied, adorable.

His jacket, duffle bag, and murse all match :lol:

I love his murse. He really likes it, he always has it.

Anyone know what brand it is?

Edited by BaileyS

Those photos at LAX are great - a couple of them he has the most wonderful smile and I hate to say this but you can thank TMZ, at least the one great smile was after one of the TMZ camera goofs said something to him, referring to his friendly exchange with another TMZ camera man earlier in the day - TMZ led off their show with 2 clips on GB, one where he was at The Grove? walking along the street looking thudworthy, poofable and then at LAX, they got him posing with the little girl and the shots with him at the door. They were saying we have our best videotape of Gerard Butler yet, what a great guy. I had to tape it. Esp him posing with that adorable little girl.

Yes taking off the shoes is standard in all US airports, everyone, no exceptions so take that into account, wear socks, bwah. I live in Canada but because it's cheaper, there is more selection of flights and I live close enough, I tend to fly out of Buffalo. NY. The shoe thing is such a pain. That and the liquids in a baggie crap. But last time I flew out of Toronto they only made certain people take their shoes off, they didn't make me take my shoes off - they were mainly targeting high top sneakers and boots which meant mostly guys so I think GB would have to take the boots in TO too. Flying back from Aruba, they could have cared less.

Edited by lavender1960

Those photos at LAX are great - a couple of them he has the most wonderful smile and I hate to say this but you can thank TMZ, at least the one great smile was after one of the TMZ camera goofs said something to him, referring to his friendly exchange with another TMZ camera man earlier in the day - TMZ led off their show with 2 clips on GB, one where he was at The Grove? walking along the street looking thudworthy, poofable and then at LAX, they got him posing with the little girl and the shots with him at the door. They were saying we have our best videotape of Gerard Butler yet, what a great guy. I had to tape it. Esp him posing with that adorable little girl.

Yes taking off the shoes is standard in all US airports, everyone, no exceptions so take that into account, wear socks, bwah. I live in Canada but because it's cheaper, there is more selection of flights and I live close enough, I tend to fly out of Buffalo. NY. The shoe thing is such a pain. That and the liquids in a baggie crap. But last time I flew out of Toronto they only made certain people take their shoes off, they didn't make me take my shoes off - they were mainly targeting high top sneakers and boots which meant mostly guys so I think GB would have to take the boots in TO too. Flying back from Aruba, they could have cared less.

Yeah, I've gotten used to the shoes thing by now. In fact, I think it's easier to just wear flip flops. Sure, there's that three steps of walking where thousands of uncovered feet have been, but I figure it can't be much worse than changing at the gym.

The liquids thing continues to be a pain though... and I don't see much of the rationale behind it... I mean, many flammable liquids and gels are just as dangerous in 2 oz. quantities as they are in larger ones. Its just frustrating because it means if you're carrying on your luggage then you basically can't bring your toiletry items. I used to never carry-on my luggage, so I didn't care... but since they've started charging... *Sigh*

Steph

Edited by AbandonThought

Fly Southwest ha ha - they cut other things so you don't have to pay to check in your luggage - I prefer to not check in if I am going away on a short trip, like 48 hours, even then, it's still tough to get all the liquids you need in one baggie, I wonder if you used a bigger baggie they would notice? But I have done it, I just hoped the zipper on the baggie would hold until after the security check. I've also forgetten things in my purse which they never picked up - I had lip gloss once and another time I had my toothbrush that has toothpaste in the handle - they are great.

Like GB's boots, seem very military style, not sure if they are Docs - Doc Martens - not just for punk rockers.

Edited by lavender1960

The last flight I was on to Anchorage, my bag got searched and it's embarrassing to stand there while someone searches with the rubber gloves and you have to stand there not knowing what the heck they saw. So finally, I asked her what it was they were looking for and she said "scissors". I couldn't believe it! Why would I be carrying scissors? Then I remembered! I forgot and dropped my manicure kit in my bag and it had cuticle scissors in it! I was so PO'd! Do you know how small a pair of cuticle scissors are? What was I going to do with those? Threaten to cut someone's toenails? They took them!

"OK, don't move! I've got these tiny scissors in my hand and it could really hurt!!" You could do more damage with a fork and they pass out the metal ones in first class with your meal! GEEZ!

Delene

Fly Southwest ha ha - they cut other things so you don't have to pay to check in your luggage - I prefer to not check in if I am going away on a short trip, like 48 hours, even then, it's still tough to get all the liquids you need in one baggie, I wonder if you used a bigger baggie they would notice? But I have done it, I just hoped the zipper on the baggie would hold until after the security check. I've also forgetten things in my purse which they never picked up - I had lip gloss once and another time I had my toothbrush that has toothpaste in the handle - they are great.

Like GB's boots, seem very military style, not sure if they are Docs - Doc Martens - not just for punk rockers.

I've never actually flown Southwest. I'm not averse to it, but they really don't fly the places that I need to go (and if they do, they're not competitively priced).

Lavender, you and I always seem to get off the thread's topic on some crazy tangent... :lol: back to Gerry!

Steph