Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry and his girl

irish

Aw, Sue, that is just too cute. Hubby and I are wild about our cat. She is a fifteen year old Calico named Seymour. She's lived practically her whole life in the projects, but she hasn't the least idea she is poor, because she is spoiled rotten. So Hubby and I understand Gerry's love for his pooch.

Anyone who loves and is good to animals are pretty cool in my opinion.

Love,

Tracy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there is anything wrong with dressing your pet. Obviously

Lolita doesn't mind. It was cold in New Mexico when he was filming

gamer, so she probably appreciated the leather coat.

I love a man that isn't afraid to show his love for an animal. I think it

is just one more of Gerry's great attributes.

I'm sorry is Scottish people would think he soft for this type of thing.

I think it only shows his strength that he isn't afraid to do what he

wants to do where his little girl is concerned.

I think really loving his dog is so strong and caring.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I don't think there is anything wrong with dressing your pet. Obviously

Lolita doesn't mind. It was cold in New Mexico when he was filming

gamer, so she probably appreciated the leather coat.

I love a man that isn't afraid to show his love for an animal. I think it

is just one more of Gerry's great attributes.

I'm sorry is Scottish people would think he soft for this type of thing.

I think it only shows his strength that he isn't afraid to do what he

wants to do where his little girl is concerned.

I think really loving his dog is so strong and caring.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

LOL Talk about your ultimate chick magnet!! Not that GB needs any help in that department. :kisswink: I have never been big on dressing up dogs, but I suspect this was mostly a photo op and because some friends had it made for Lolita. It certainly made me smile after the depression I was feeling after reading some of the LAC reviews. :tantrum:

In defence of a dog wearing a "coat," my daughter's Great Dane (she is a small one) has two

different coats for the cooler weather. We live in OR--it rains a lot, and Jazzy gets cold when

wet while on her daily walk--she shivers even when it is cold and DRY Therefore, she has

two "coats" one for rain and one just for cold. I guess I am saying there are reasons for a dog

to wear a coat. I also remember it was cold in NM where they were filming, so I think it was a

very cute and practical gift. I will agree, I don't care for "costumes" on a dog, tho. Just MHO.

Judy

AWWWWWWWW she looks very cute. Looks like shes thinking to herself 'ugh, what I have to do to keep this man happy!!'.

I don't really like to see dogs dressed up in silly outfits either. But as others have said coats are needed sometimes. My little dog(Millie) wears a coat most of the time here in the winter. We rescued her from Spaina couple of years back and she hasn't quite got used to the freezing Scottish winters yet!! :unsure:

AWWWWWWWW she looks very cute. Looks like shes thinking to herself 'ugh, what I have to do to keep this man happy!!'.

:funnyup:Yes it does!

I've always had an aversion to dressing animals in people clothing, but like everything else in my life, Gerry is the exception. I think it's positively adorable that she has on a little Tillman jacket with the grenade. And how proud Gerry is of his baby ... :wuv: I can't get enough of this picture.

I also need to say this ... I think that Gerry is the most gender secure man I have ever met. He doesn't need a macho dog to show how masculine he is. Gerry knows he has nothing to prove to anyone, least of all himself, and so having a sweet little dog that he can play dress up with, to me, looks even MORE masculine than some insecure guy with a rott.

:2cents:

Edited by phoenixgirl

Does anyone really think Gerry dresses up Lolita??? Come on, this is simply a gift from the Gamer Directors - it's an endearing gift / gesture that they both spoke about in one of their interviews prior to Gamer being released. They both thought it was so cool that a big, strong man like Gerry had a tiny pug for a pet and they asked wardrobe to make her a matching jacket. This is obviously the result. I am sure he loved the coat and thought behind it appreciated it greatly!!!. I am sure he took a few pictures, thought it was adorable and then took the coat off of her. I've seen plenty pics of G with Lo and she is never wearing doggie outfits, LOL!!!

I have to agree with Lisa! This man is so damn manly and secure in his manhood that there is nothing (at least I can think of) that could ever make him seem even slightly feminine!

All in good fun girls!!! No need to give him demerits or get upset with him for dressing up his little pug. :kisswink:

Does anyone really think Gerry dresses up Lolita??? Come on, this is simply a gift from the Gamer Directors - it's an endearing gift / gesture that they both spoke about in one of their interviews prior to Gamer being released. They both thought it was so cool that a big, strong man like Gerry had a tiny pug for a pet and they asked wardrobe to make her a matching jacket. This is obviously the result. I am sure he loved the coat and thought behind it appreciated it greatly!!!. I am sure he took a few pictures, thought it was adorable and then took the coat off of her. I've seen plenty pics of G with Lo and she is never wearing doggie outfits, LOL!!!

I have to agree with Lisa! This man is so damn manly and secure in his manhood that there is nothing (at least I can think of) that could ever make him seem even slightly feminine!

All in good fun girls!!! No need to give him demerits or get upset with him for dressing up his little pug. :kisswink:

I agree. I don't for a second believe he dresses Lolita up. This was just a lovely photo of a nice, thoughtful gift.

Sav I can make alot of exceptions where Gerry is concerned but since I really do not like seeing animals being dressed whether its by him personally or as a gift from the crew even I can't make an exception on this occasion. Whatever floats your boat - maybe its because in UK, Scotland especially its not really the norm to dress a dog up and those who do are mocked useless. I'm sure Gerry can survive any slagging he gets. :funnyup:

As for not thinking he dresses Lolita up - I have to question why they thought of this as a gift then?? Is it to take a pot shot at his masculinity??? :lmao:

Moira

As for not thinking he dresses Lolita up - I have to question why they thought of this as a gift then?? Is it to take a pot shot at his masculinity??? :lmao:

Moira

It was just for fun, geez... "pot shot a his mansculinity", these are the guys who directed Gerry in GAMER, right? I think they know he is pretty manly!

I don't know, I just think it's kinda a borderline prank. Maybe they were getting back at him for the Crispy Creme donuts, LOL. Hey, I really believe this was all in good cheeky fun. I think he gets a pass for this one. All he did was accept a 'funny' gift for his pug and he looks to be enjoying it. Her...not so much, but hey we are all entitled to our opinions and I for one agree with your opinions on dressing up dogs...so not cool IMHO, but I LOVE LOVE that darn picture! ;)

Edited by sav8821

I think it's adorable and short, smooth haired dogs like Lolita probably appreciate a little extra in the winter time. My short haired dogs have sweaters and jackets and they love them. I've put human T shirts on my big dogs and if you don't want hair in your car, a t shirt is great to keep the hair down. When dressing a dog is functional, there's nothing wrong with it. Now cats is another thing. No dressing up cats. They are too easily humiliated!

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

Wow! My comments on this picture seem to have generated some friendly controversy.

I wasn't making a judgment on whether Gerry dresses his dog up often, wasn't making a comment about his masculinity, and I certainly wasn't indicating that it makes me love him less!

It was more of a knee-jerk, "ahh, Gerry, don't do that!" and a general dislike for the picture.

I love that he loves his dog, and yeah, as it was a gift, he had to put her in the outfit at least once... but I'm still allowed to not like it. :)

Steph

I agree with Sav on this one- it's a joke! A one time prank in which Gerry felt obligated and enjoyed dressing up Lolita in the gift he received for her. What was he supposed to do, tell Neveldine and Taylor the folks back home won’t like it if I put clothing on her and I can’t accept this? Might as well have fun and go along with it, I’m sure the coat is never used at all. What the heck at least it’s not a pink tutu!

On occasion I've attempted to put hats and funny collars on Jack the Cat for photos, this is never a success: DO NOT WANT! is Jack's usual response. Now I just use a handy dandy photo editing program to put hats and collars on him and he's none the wiser!

Well word from the set of Gamer (and not just Neveldine and Taylor) was that Gerry did regularly dress Lolita. My comment was that I've never seen her wearing anything but a leash and a collar, so I didn't put a lot of stock in that report. But I did hear it from more than one source who worked on set, and yes this is the outfit that Neveldine & Taylor had made for Lolita to match his Kable costume.

Personally, I don't care whether Gerry dresses her or not, though I hope I don't see a shot of him walking her around town with her wearing a little pink dress or something (unless it's her Halloween costume). I figure Lolita is his dog and whether he dresses her or not is up to him - he's the one who's gonna take the major razzing from his buddies back home (and probably some here too) it seems.

A man like Gerry who has a small female dog does not care what anyone thinks. I would think that Scotland has enough problems without worrying about what Gerry does to his dog. I think they could care less. BTW, I'm Scottish so don't make anything of that remark. Gerry was given a gift and he was photographed with Lolita and that gift. End of story. Cute picture!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

:lalala:

LOL, all this talk about if Gerry dresses Lolita.

My 'cute' remark wasn't really about the little pup, it was about Gerry's happiness while playing with her or showing her outfit off. I just think he really loves her and it's adorable.

As far as clothing on pets, I don't reallty care.. I know my old cat would twist himself inside out before he'd let me dress him but dogs are different.. They aim to please! and I don't think one of us would mind letting Gerry dress us, would we? ;)

:lalala:

LOL, all this talk about if Gerry dresses Lolita.

My 'cute' remark wasn't really about the little pup, it was about Gerry's happiness while playing with her or showing her outfit off. I just think he really loves her and it's adorable.

As far as clothing on pets, I don't reallty care.. I know my old cat would twist himself inside out before he'd let me dress him but dogs are different.. They aim to please! and I don't think one of us would mind letting Gerry dress us, would we? ;)

Charlotte....................did you just say we were dogs? :lol:

Ren

I'd love to see a picture of Gerry and Lolita wearing matching sweaters! OMG! That's too precious! I wish I knew how to knit!

Delene

I would LOVE to see that! :rotflmao:

You know what? I have a good friend that knits... I think I'm gonna get her on that!!!! hehehehehe

This is a private picture taken off of an assistant's MySpace profile.

I am surprised GALS allowed it to be published without her permission.

I have been corrected. It was posted on Twitter by someone other than the assistant. I apologize for my presumption.

Edited by phoenixgirl

:wave:

Dressing dogs or not....each to their own I say but really I speak from experience with Pugs GB will know Lolita, he'll probably wait to see if she's giving him the 'hint' to put her coat on, she'll have a certain look, body language....hey Dad, put my coat on or...no way man, it's too hot.....and he'll love her for it...told you pages ago Pugs are unique and I bet GB asks her what she wants.... she will truly be his girl and Yes got to love a hunk of male like Gerard who has the b@@ls to be himself and have a small, female dog....GO GB.....makes him pretty perfect in my eyes.....and if I ever come back in another life I baggies being GB'S pug.....I'll master that look and tongue in the mouth kiss to perfection..... :wave: