VEGAS REGISTRATION IS OPEN!

I'll get in the pie tossing contest!!

Posted Image

Upside down buttery throat pie

Posted Image

A classic favorite!

Oh...and kidNEY PIE :lmao:

Posted Image

Ahem..back to business. Reggie, it's really a matter of personal preference. Are you going to do any extra-curricular activities, i.e. shows, sites, etc? Personally, I prefer flying out on Monday. That way I can enjoy Saturday night's gala without thinking about how I have to fly out "in the morning". :lol: But there are many who have a pairfectly fine time and still are able to leave on Sunday. I usually plan for an evening show either Wednesday night or Sunday night (obviously I'm a 'get there Wed. leave on Mon. gal.) Hope that helps!

Edited by Songbird
to add another slice of pie

As a (potential) first-time attendee I'd love to know a basic itinerary. I see the dates are from Thursday to Saturday. Is there a listing of events so I can plan my flight and return? I'd like to know if I should plan on coming Wed. - Sun. or Thu. - Mon. Any information is appreciated.

We are in the throes of pulling the agenda together. It typically doesn't "gel" until we get closer to G-day. Regular folks (ie non-planners) typically get there Thursday and settle in. We open the "hospitality suite" on Thursday night just as a place to get together before we officially start things off. (Usually viewing ALL of Gerry's movies, singing along and squealing simultaneously, while consuming copious amounts of junk food and/or adult beverages LOL) (Pajamas/comfy clothes encouraged, but not required). :p

Registration starts Friday morning. After one registers, they typically loiter in the ballroom, visiting, perusing vendors (ie authors, jewelry makers, artist booths), buying raffle tickets, placing bids on the silent auction items and/or attending workshops. About 4 or 5p, everyone gets the boot and we close the ballroom for clean-up and preparation for the "office casual" dinner.

Friday dinner usually involves a performance or two, round 1 of raffling, viewing and voting on videos submitted for the vid contest, etc., followed by dancing and general Gerry lusting with like-minded fans.

Saturday is more laid back as we head into the Big Event. Saturday usually has a movie of some sort and some free time to allow people to see the Vegas sights. (Will probably have a field trip to see The Shade Tree again, but that's all supposition on my part). Then Saturday night is GALA NIGHT! The girly-girls have fun dolling up and us not-so-girly-girls bitch about having to do so. :rotflmao: Video award is given, the Rising Phoenix Award is bestowed, special guests are given their moment to shine, items raffled, the big auction wraps up, fun and fellowship abound! All of this capped off with more dancing and full-on Gerry lusting all while raising money for charity. After the clock chimes midnight, many continue visiting until the wee hours of the night in the hospitality suite. People then start heading home on Sunday, starting the count-down until the next convention.

Of course this is a very BROAD description of past conventions. I can say that Dr. Em is working hard on some pretty cool "new things" and, if the stars align, she'll be adding even more surprises to an already indescribable event. And this doesn't even begin to cover the overall OVERWHELMING feeling of "connection" to old and new friends alike, simply out of a mutual affection for a particularly dashing, goofy, sexy [insert favorite adjective here] Scotsman.

Does this help?

Posted Image

Finger and Eye slice o' Pie! (eye candy only; not for bodily consumption)

I can't go without posting VEGAS 06 PIE!!

:woo:

OK first off...Holly I love you!!! Thanks for the Costco run! How did you know I needed Zippo fluid? Now I can light my 17 inchers all the way to June!

Toss me a box of JJMints will ya please? Mmmmmm dark decadent chocolate and smooth creamy filling...... :pant:

Oh, and let me add to this pie eating contest

Posted Image

vintage black Gerry pie! *lick*

Holly, I love the menu you are coming up with.

How about we add some Butler Buns.....

Posted Image

....with Scottish Spread?

Posted Image

Yum!

Suzie

By the way y'all, some of our GALS also get involved in really great workshops during the convention. This year there were siggy workshops, how to use Facebook and My Space, how to cuss in Gaelic, and more. FUN stuff! Can't wait to see what our fearless leaders come up with in '10!

I am so excited about the dates and the theme. Is is June yet? :tantrum: The only draw back to looking forward to June is that I get another year older somehow :unsure: . With all of Gerry's new movies we will have lots to ogle over. :yummy: My Mom (RezRN) and I saw Law Abiding Citizen at 12:01 am. We could not wait another minute and boy was it worth it. Especially the scene of surrender. :drool1: WOW!!!!! See you gals in June.

Bloody Gobsmacked w' piiiie. (ya have to draw out the long 'i')

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

To do in Vegas...

Friday & Sat & Sun afternoon is also a good time to lounge with umbrella drinks and friends.

Sometimes the little slices are the most gratifying! Sorta like the chocolate decadence cheesecake at Copeland's! :lmao:

*insert Homer Simpson's drool sounds* That was some good @ss cheesecake. Imagine eating that off of...nevermind, I forgot where I was but you know what I mean. :drool1:

Bloody Gobsmacked w' piiiie. (ya have to draw out the long 'i')

To do in Vegas...

Friday & Sat & Sun afternoon is also a good time to lounge with umbrella drinks and friends.

Absolutely! Find a poolside bar (oh hell, any bar) and just chill wit yer girlies!

SECOND HELPING OF PIIIIIIIE*

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

*I always hear Billy Crystal in "When Harry Met Sally"

I've said it once and I'll say it again. I LOVE him suited up!! But if any ho ever teaches him to slow down and button his shirts right....

Beat her with a bag o'nickles!!!

I've said it once and I'll say it again. I LOVE him suited up!! But if any ho ever teaches him to slow down and button his shirts right....

Beat her with a bag o'nickles!!!

AMEN to that!

My slice of pie with a side of spread...

Posted Image Posted Image

and a long cool drink to go with it

Posted Image

almost forgot....

Butler Buns!!!

Posted Image

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Is it June yet?

I have cookies on the brain already. So very sad.

See's Candy...

Posted Image

This picture of Gerry

and fresh batteries...

I'm just sayin'...

I do like my pie!

Posted Image

Butt I have to say I like my buns with...

Posted Image

With a little Sparta Spread on top!

Posted Image

Cheryl

Ladies~ I am one tired Ho today, can someone else run the blender and please bring me an extra loaded Gerrita?? Oh and maybe a couple of Butler buns...

*hands Deb a 44oz Gerrita and 17 inch bendy straw*

HOLY $#!* CHERYL!!! :swoon::heat:

Now that's my kinda meal!!! :drink: Thanks for calling me to the dinner table!!! :kiss:

Hugs and snogs,

Raz

:lmao:

*steals Deb's drink* Wha? She can get another one. *sip, sip*

Hope that helps!

Thanks, Holly! That was very helpful. It was great hearing about all the fun activities. Besides the formal on Saturday night are any of the activities included in the ticket price? Not including the sightseeing or side trips we want to make on our own.

I really really want to be able to make it! That's around the time that my friend was planning her wedding though, so that's obstacle #1... Obstacle #2 is of course the expense. *Crosses fingers* Hopefully it'll come together!

Steph

I hear Vegas is a GREAT place for weddings... :p

IT SURE IS, I JUST GOT MARRIED AT THE HILTON IN LAS VEGAS IN AUGUST AND IT WENT BEAUTIFULLY. ............MY HUBBY AND I WILL BE THERE IN JUNE..........................WHATS THE DOWN PAYMENT PLEASE? I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN HOLLY............

LOVE TO YOU ALL..................

NURSE PAM

P.S. ARE YOU GOING TO THE REDUX NEXT MONTH?

*hands Deb a 44oz Gerrita and 17 inch bendy straw*

*suuuuuuccckkkkk* I love you KB! HEY Landa! snatching back my Thirstbuster Gerrita Get yer own wooman!