Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
AbandonThought

Law Abiding Citizen- Gals' reviews and discussion

Serious SPOILERS below! Please don't read if you haven't seen the movie yet!

Hey Gals,

Just got back from my midnight showing and WOAH! This movie FAR exceeded my expectations, and I had very high expectations! Just a few thoughts for now, and I'll save my detailed review for a time when it's not single digits in the A.M.

The theatre was quite full for a Thursday at midnight, and everybody was abuzz before the film started. There were a few groups that had some interesting commentary (even during the film), and I heard Gerry's name brought up quite a few times. One of the more memorable ones was about halfway through the scene with Clyde torturing Darby and a guy behind me chuckled and said "You don't F&*% with Gerard Butler!" Also, a girl behind me had some comments about the scene where Gerry gets naked. :cunning:

This movie was SHOCKING! I loved the moments that made you jump, especially the murder of the judge, which I assume is the killing that Gerry refers to and says was his idea. That's so impressive that he came up with that! I thought something was going to happen when she answered the phone, but I still sat up straight in my seat.

There were many scenes where I basically sat up and cheered. As a disgruntled law student, I loved the undercurrent of this movie about the justice system being so flawed. In particular I enjoyed the scene at Clyde's bail hearing where he very eloquently makes a well-researched legal argument (with more poise than any attorney I've ever seen), and then proceeds to berate the judge when she wants to rule with him.

The random one-liners in this movie were awesome. I know Gerry said that he was tooling and re-tooling the script constantly, and I think they got it close to perfect. Let's see... some of the ones that pop into my head include "That's what a wrench is for you dumb@$$" (in response to the comment that the cots are bolted into the cells, "I bet you take it up the f&*$ing a$$" (to the judge at the bail hearing), and "Thank you. It's a single." (in response to his cellmate's comment to Clyde that he has a nice bed).

Oh, and the fact that Clyde didn't really have an accomplice? Genius! During the scene with the robot I was thinking to myself that the murders were all too personal to him and it was unrealistic that he'd trust someone so much to do it for him... and then when they revealed the tunnel into the prison, I had to clap. Bravo! They thought it through before I did. :)

Also, I was SO glad that I hadn't watched any of the clips beforehand. I went into this without having seen anything but the official trailer (I didn't even read any reviews!) and I was so glad that I had done it that way. If I had seen pretty much any of those scenes beforehand, they could not have had the same effect in the theatre.

Anyway, those are my thoughts for now (I guess that is a decent size review anyway... well, I'll probably still add more after I see it 27 times tomorrow!). Feel free to add your own and start the discussion as you view and re-view the film. :D

Bravo Gerry, Bravo! It was Biblical! :kisswink:

Steph

Edited by AbandonThought

......what you said Steph. You picked up most of my favorite lines.

I really loved the movie, but it's after 3 am and I'm already sleep deprived, so I'm just gonna' say.........diiiittttto, for now.

Just a few things quickly.........I definitely flinched several times during the movie, and I still felt sorry for Clyde at the end. You know I cried and I thought the beginning w/ Clyde & his daughter was so sweet.

I already know I'm seeing it 3 more times in the next 2 days, because I'm booked, so I'm sure I'll have more to say later, when I'm awake.

I'm so proud of you Gerry. What an amazing ride. Congrats to you and everyone else that worked on the film. Loved it.

Brenda

ETA: Forgot to say, there were definitely more people the I expected for a midnight movie on a Thursday night and the crowd was mixed. I'd guess maybe 60% male.

Edited by Rendita

Alright, so somehow I managed to think about this movie WHILE I WAS ASLEEP! :) And despite the fact that I only had like 5 hours of sleep, I'm awake and alert now, and ready to get back to the theatre!

Yes, the first scene with Clyde and his daughter was heart-wrenching, since you knew what was going to happen. Also, when she walks into the room during the whole thing I cringed. I knew what was going to happen, but I couldn't accept it, it just tore my heart out! Plus, Gerry's acting in this scene was amazing... to see the pain that his character was feeling on his face... it was amazing! I wish there could have been a little more buildup before the home invasion, but thinking realistically, I can't imagine what else they could have done in 5 minutes to set the stage.

Also, I loved that there were a lot of good characters in this film beside just Clyde and Nick. Nick's employee Sarah and his boss, were both particularly good... I thought they were well developed and sympathetic, which made it all the more moving when they died.

It was so hard to root for both characters, but like Gerry said, that's almost what you end up doing. I was more with Clyde for most of it though, because Nick's seemingly unwavering belief that he had done the right thing irked me. Even if a deal needed to be made, that was absolutely the wrong deal, and he should have recognized that earlier. At the same time, they did a great job of presenting Nick as a character who genuinely believed in the system and took the good with the bad. Since I appreciate the arguments for why the despicable must be done to keep the system going, but don't really believe in it anymore, I was definitely more in line with Clyde, even when he did horrible things.

Anyway, that's the thoughts of the morning. :)

Steph

Edited by AbandonThought

Well, I'm sure you're all tired of hearing from me for now, but I had just a few lingering thoughts after seeing it a second time:

There was one minor inconsistency, but you really have to be paying attention and have some knowledge of the law to catch it... They seem to insinuate that Bill Reynolds was both the attorney for Darby and Ames. While they don't specifically say he was Ames's attorney, he goes to the execution saying that he feels like someone should be there for Ames. Anyway, an attorney wouldn't be able to represent both of them, because their interests diverged. There's a whole line of Supreme Court jurisprudence on the fact that representation of multiple criminal defendants by a single attorney is a deprivation of the Sixth Amendment right to counsel when a conflict arises that results in prejudice to one of the clients. Having one client testify against another would certainly qualify as prejudice. Anyway, that's just the musings of an overthinking law student.

Another equally picky thing is the way they had Nick's daughter play the cello... It obviously wasn't that ten-year old actress playing. She was holding the bow all wrong... and again, this only jumps out to the musically inclined and overly picky.

I have to reiterate how much I love the audience reactions in this film. It's so much fun to know when the startling parts are coming up and notice how people react. :) The 11am showing was almost full here today, which I find quite impressive! Having Jamie Foxx as a co-star in this film seems to be drawing viewers outside Gerry's normal fanbase. It's great!

And I KEEP hearing people talking about Gerry! I was in the restroom and two women were discussing the last bunch of movies that he's made, and even discussed RocknRolla specifically, which I know had a limited release here in the states. I love how his seems to be the name on everyone's lips these days. :D

Steph

I won't be seeing the movie until tomorrow night, but I must know something before I decide whether or not to take my mom to see this.

I heard a scathing review on our local morning radio show, where the guy said this film is even gorier than the SAW movies. He said that Clyde cuts off a guys body parts and that you see the whole thing. Is this true? Please PM me and let me know the honest truth about how gory this movie is.

Thanks!

I won't be seeing the movie until tomorrow night, but I must know something before I decide whether or not to take my mom to see this.

I heard a scathing review on our local morning radio show, where the guy said this film is even gorier than the SAW movies. He said that Clyde cuts off a guys body parts and that you see the whole thing. Is this true? Please PM me and let me know the honest truth about how gory this movie is.

Thanks!

I PMed you my take on the level of gore!

Steph

I just saw it and I’ll go into more impressions later but I think the amount of graphic violence in the film is being exaggerated by some critics; it is a little more graphic then your average CSI or a Law & Order episode and a lot less graphic then what was often seen on the Sopranos or even any movie by the Cohen brothers. There are no limbs sawed off although it is implied, but they stop short of showing that. You do see bloody remains but again you can see that on CSI. There is one particularly blood spattered killing. It is not anywhere near the Saw movies. I don’t know where the critics are coming up with this stuff. I kept expecting things to be a lot more gruesome then they actually were. In fact a recent episode on Mad Men, where a guy gets his foot chopped by a lawn mower was just as graphic as some of the stuff in LAC and that was on AMC!

Edited by Rubee815

I'm just speculating here, but it seems as if certain powers in the entertainment industry have decided not to like Gerry or his movies. I know it sounds kind of paranoid, but the reviews for this film mark a new low in how Gerry is being reviewed. They are not critiquing the movie so much as going after him with personal pot shots. I have never seen this sort of insulting language leveled at him before.

I haven't seen the film yet, so I can't offer my own thoughts regarding the movie, but the reviews for LAC seem highly stilted.

Thanks for your input about the gore factor, because I was really concerned that I might not be able to endure it.

Swannie

Ok here's me and my two cents ... I'm not in the mood for a real deep and thought provoking description so this may sound a bit superficial for now.

I LOVE THIS MOVIE. I think this is my favorite. I'm so excited about it, and I've seen it twice already. I'm going to go to the 7:10pm show tonight and then with my son tomorrow.

First I'll tell you what I would have liked more of ... it wasn't gory enough for me. I would have liked to have seen a bit more of him cutting up Ames. I don't think it was enough, and even the people behind me said, "it's over already?" I really thought that should have been a bit more disturbing. I would have liked to have seen Clyde a bit more menacing; but then again, they cut those scenes so we would feel sympathetic towards him.

And speaking of cut scenes ... Alan's priest scene obviously didn't make the cut. That's sad. I hope it's on the DVD.

The other thing I would have liked more of is Clyde's past. I don't think the spy's explanation was enough for me. It would have been nice to have a bit more in depth about who he worked for, etc. But that's just me.

Other than those two things, I absolutely LOVE this movie. I thought it was brilliantly plotted out and executed. FGG is a fantastic director with a flair for the tension that I love in movies. I will go see anything he makes.

I have never been a fan of Jamie Foxx, but he was really good as Nick. Today while watching the court scene with him and Gerry I tried picturing the roles reversed, and I just couldn't get it. I think they were both perfectly cast, and JF brought enough of his own emotion to the role to almost make you root for him and not Clyde.

Bruce McGill has always been one of my favorite character actors. I loved him in this. Even though he was a minor character, he wasn't flat and when he was killed you really felt sorrow. Colm Meany was just okay to me; then again, he'll always be Chief O'Brien.

The girl who played Sarah looks like our own Bellawolfe with blond hair. :) I like her character, and at one point I felt there almost was a sexual tension between her and Nick. It was really sad when she was killed - that was a tough scene to watch. I thought Jamie should have showed a bit more emotion, though.

Who else before I get to The Man? Hmmm ... the warden was on 24 as the POS President. He's always a good a$$hole. The woman who plays Jamie's wife was really good, and the little girl was even better. Jason didn't think she was 10, though. LOL The woman who played the mayor (forgive me for not remembering names) wasn't as good as I thought she would be. I wasn't that impressed with her performance. I thought she was a bit over the top.

Okay ... Gerry ... this was the most incredible role I've seen him in yet. There were a few times when I was watching when I forgot it was my Gerry, and I was just watching Clyde. That's not easy for me to do, especially only at the second viewing. He really took me out of the movie theater and into the story. I felt his pain and his anger. There were moments when I wish he would have been a bit more menacing, but he WAS Clyde. Not everyone could do this role and make you feel sorry for him or understand him. Gerry had the right amount of whatever it is to make you feel compassion toward someone who became a monster.

I'm sure the more I see it the more insights I'll have. I can't wait to read more and more people's thoughts and feelings. I just know I can't wait to see it again.

Lisa

I saw it twice today. Most of my observations have already been addressed. I still am absolutely

livid about the rotten reviews the movies has gotten. I was prepared for way more gore than

there was--and why did they have to talk about that? Then they say the plot was hokey, the

script was terrible and it goes on and on This makes me livid. Sorry, but who the heck do these people think they are? I mean they even hated the musical score. The only critic I really have

ever followed is Roger Ebert, and he actually gave it 3/4 stars, and had a few good things to say

about it. Honest, did they see the SAME movie that we did? I know we are prejudices where Gerry

is concerned, but come on!! I am starting to think that maybe there IS a prejudice against GB

for whatever reason.

My greatest hope is that the film does really well at the box office, because I don't really care

what anyone thinks except Gerry and the others who put their hearts and souls into this movie.

Bravo to Gerry and the cast and crew, and to Evil Twins--you "done well!!"

Judy

I agree that I was hoping for more gore. I didn't really want to bring it up until you did Lisa, because I thought it communicated something twisted and perverted about my personality. :) But yeah, I loved the scenes of vengeance just as much as the intricate plotting to bring the system down.

I saw it again at 7:10, and the theatre was absolutely packed. And the crowd reaction at the judge killing was to die for. The 50 year old man beside me jumped about a mile out of his seat.

I haven't read any of the reviews and I'm disappointed to hear that they're not good. I can't imagine what bad things they would have to say about this movie. I'm basically the target audience for this film (I love thrillers, I love Philly, and I love crime/legal stories) and I was absolutely blown away. I'm constantly annoyed with film critics. I hope Gerry, Alan, and the rest of the gang don't take them too seriously because they did an absolutely amazing job with the movie.

Steph

I saw it twice today. Most of my observations have already been addressed. I still am absolutely

livid about the rotten reviews the movies has gotten. I was prepared for way more gore than

there was--and why did they have to talk about that? Then they say the plot was hokey, the

script was terrible and it goes on and on This makes me livid. Sorry, but who the heck do these people think they are? I mean they even hated the musical score. The only critic I really have

ever followed is Roger Ebert, and he actually gave it 3/4 stars, and had a few good things to say

about it. Honest, did they see the SAME movie that we did? I know we are prejudices where Gerry

is concerned, but come on!! I am starting to think that maybe there IS a prejudice against GB

for whatever reason.

My greatest hope is that the film does really well at the box office, because I don't really care

what anyone thinks except Gerry and the others who put their hearts and souls into this movie.

Bravo to Gerry and the cast and crew, and to Evil Twins--you "done well!!"

Judy

I went to the Phillie Premeir of "LAC The audience clapped at the end . The movie was terrific no if ands or buts .

I will give a more detailed opinion later but I had to chime in too. I can't even articulate how much I loved his performance as Clyde. I agree, they could have shown more gore. I thought it was going to be way worse from the reviews. I knew the judge was going to get it but it was so loud and quick I jumped a little, dropped the F bomb follwed by holy hell. I haven't ever done that before at the theater. I wasn't the only one so I didn't feel so bad. I am going to see it again in the morning. He was just so good. Seeing Clyde watch his family die in front of him was heart breaking.......Gerry you are simply amazing. I think LAC is the best work you've done. You're a fecking rock star! The nyquil(sp?) is calling me to give it up so I will stop here and post again tomorrow. 12 hours till I see it again. :yay: ~Becca

Here are the early box office estimates which are subject to change. Where the Wild Things Are will be number 1 of course. Some of the earlier projections had LAC at only opening at $10,000,000 so these figures are a bit more encouraging. I am going to see LAC again tomorrow to keep the cash flowing into the box office. Plus I want to clear up a few plot points.

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/

Universal's holdover comedy Couples Retreat should come in #2 for the weekend with $20M from 3,009 plays. Paramount's Paranormal Activity should hit #3 with high teens as it goes into wider release on 760 screens. At #4, Overture's Law Abiding Citizen starring Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler could open to mid-teens from 2,889 venues. And Sony's low-budget reboot Stepfather on 2,734 dates might debut to $12M and #5.

Interesting on Twitter!

LAC is trending as is Where the Wild Thing Are. The audience reaction on Twitter to LAC is amazingly positive, where as it is medicore for WTWTA! Most seem so amazed by LAC and underwhelmed by WTWTA!

Word of Mouth will pull it next weekend...mark my words. I predict 15-18 Million this weekend and better things next weekend!

Here are the early box office estimates which are subject to change. Where the Wild Things Are will be number 1 of course. Some of the earlier projections had LAC at only opening at $10,000,000 so these figures are a bit more encouraging. I am going to see LAC again tomorrow to keep the cash flowing into the box office. Plus I want to clear up a few plot points.

Universal's holdover comedy Couples Retreat should come in #2 for the weekend with $20M from 3,009 plays. Paramount's Paranormal Activity should hit #3 with high teens as it goes into wider release on 760 screens. At #4, Overture's Law Abiding Citizen starring Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler could open to mid-teens from 2,889 venues. And Sony's low-budget reboot Stepfather on 2,734 dates might debut to $12M and #5.

How very sad that a piece of drek like Couples Retreat could beat out LAC and the Blair Witch wannabe beat it with only 769 screens. WTF? I'm done. This is just too sad.

How very sad that a piece of drek like Couples Retreat could beat out LAC and the Blair Witch wannabe beat it with only 769 screens. WTF? I'm done. This is just too sad.

That site has been updated and now LAC is predicted to come in at #2 behind WTWTA.

At a surprise #2, Overture's Law Abiding Citizen starring Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler did a better than expected $7.5M Friday and could open to as much as $20M from 2,889 venues. Paramount's pre-Halloween-hyped Paranormal Activity made $6.25M Friday from a wider release onto 760 screens for #3 and a probable high teens weekend. Universal's holdover comedy Couples Retreat sank to #4 with $6M Friday (-50%) for an estimated $19M from 3,009 plays. That leaves Sony's low-budget reboot Stepfather #5 on 2,734 dates to debut with only $4.3M Friday and maybe an $11M weekend.

Hubby and I went to see LAC yesterday - great, great movie. We went out for wine and lasagne beforehand and hubby not only stayed awake we were both on the edge of our seats. Also love it when audience applauds at the end of a movie - especially a GB movie.

Movie was so intense with wonderful acting - GB was brilliant and sure can see why he needed to go trekking in the Himalayas after such an effort. Directing was so well done - F. Gary outdid himself. And Jamie was wonderful as well.

WELL DONE ALL!

Since I haven't seen it yet...hoping to see it tonight....I did see that Couples topped the box office so far bringing in over 30 million!! I just do not understand ..........comedies do well or they don't do well...Romcoms ...same thing???? Is it because of over exposure for LAC? Or maybe just Gerry himself? There was one comment I read somewhere that got to me and I just have to get this off my chest! You can all disagree vehemently with me but I have wondered about this before...The comment was "I really like GB but I'm really tired of watching him (I'm going to put my own words in here because the way she put it ...lets just say it wasn't too flattering...... struggle with his American accent...why can't he just be a Scot?? Now in a way I agree with her! Not because of what she said but What would have been the difference if he was a Scot married to an American and lets just say he was becoming an American citizen and the American justice system let him down? Also. what about all these other stars that are Hispanic, Brits, Irish, and many that have not had to "always" become American in their movies ...Hugh Grant and Sean Connery are two good examples...This is just something I thought about a few times. I just think this is more of a challenge for Gerry and I for one think his heritage is important and also how much he is proud of it so... Damn... why not keep that wonderful sexy Scottish brogue for some of these movies!! I understand in POTO he couldn't and when he's portraying a certain American character it's a different story ...for instance in GOTL but what about TUT? Why couldn't he have been Scottish? I remember when I saw Attila I wasn't quite sure where he was from ...I just knew he was not American!

Anyway, JMO and now back to the subject at hand....I hope that by the end of the week-end things start looking a lot better for LAC! By the reaction from all of your posts it sounds like it should be a box office hit right now but then again ....we tend to be that way with all of G's movies no matter what! I have to agree...It really does seem like a lot of personal attacks on Gerry! :tantrum: :tantrum: This makes me sad and furious at the same time!

Just my thoughts so go ahead and sound off!! :inshade:

:kiss: Frannie

SPOILERS!! Please do not read if you haven't seen the movie!!!

Went to see LAC with Elissa and Brenda yesterday. I will let them address their feelings about the film and Gerry's performance, but I was blown away. Gerry had an incredible grasp of the character and it showed in every scene. I do have to agree with the critics that the last 20 minutes stretched the imagination. How was all that done so quickly? But Gerry was spot on. Although I am not a huge Jamie Foxx fan, I thought he did well.

Clyde seemed to show real regret when each of his victims died (except for the scumbags who hurt his family). But even given the body count, I for one kept hoping Clyde would get away. However, I guess even if he could have, I doubt he wanted to. The fight was over, goals had been met and I think he wanted to be with his family now. His final scene was touching and beautifully done. I think Jamie's was too.

The movie really deserves audience support - even if most of the critics apparently saw a different film than we did. We went to a 1:40 showing that was not well attended, but as it was the middle of the workday that was not a surprise. I hope word of mouth continues to get bottoms into seats! Mine will certainly be back in one!

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma

SPOILERS!!!

I really liked the ending of the movie, I liked that Gray went for subtlety rather then one of those over the top bombastic endings, where Clyde and Nick fight to the death in the midst of explosions and car chases. It was quiet and intense with Nick actually earning Clyde’s respect and Clyde emerging as a tragic villain as opposed to a one note psychopath. And his death was elegiac, engulfed by flames, staring at the bracelet his daughter gave him. And it seemed perfect that Nick went to his daughter’s recital at last, very much changed and altered by his ordeal. I loved the balance of those last scenes.

OK. First of all let me say WOW! Gerry and Jamie were amazing! I was on the edge of my seat from the beginning to the end even though I had to close my eyes through some of the gore. Just not my thing, however, having said that I think it had just enough so that it wasn't too over the top. Putting Darby through the torture was very, shall we say, gratifying to say the least due to what he put Clyde's family through. I'm used to seeing blood, rib spreaders then heart removed and layed out on the chest to work on, but that's to FIX someone, not dismember them so my squeemishness was more for that then anything else.

Now I have to say, screw what critics say. No one pays any attention to them and if anything, the more negative some critics get, the more people's curiosity about seeing the movie is! So it kind of works against them! What counts is the box office. I avoid the negative. Does no good to read it and I hope Gerry avoids it and doesn't let it bother him.

F. Gary Gray did an amazing job! I think the photography was beautifully done, very artistic and really set the mood. I believe in all honesty that this will at least get a nom. This was Evil Twins' first offering. I think it made it's mark.

You know I kind of could see the roles being reversed at some points, but it was a good choice to have Jamie and Gerry the way they were. I could more see Gerry playing either role but actually couldn't see Jamie playing some of the Clyde stuff as affectively just because I don't see Jamie as a psychopath. I can see Gerry though because he can play anything, in my opinion. As I always have said, when Gerry acts, I see the character and Gerry disappears.

The only thing that I would have wished for to be a bit different of the entire movie was the ending. To me, the ending was ambiguous. It appears that the law prevaled and Jamie's character won in the end. Maybe that's what should have happened but I had hoped for another ending. After all the gore and horrific carnage, why did we not see that with Clyde's demise? He didn't even look uncomfortable during that entire event! Clyde was always way ahead of the game. He was off the charts genius so why wouldn't he have had an escape route? He was an inventor! We never saw Clyde actually die in a blaze of glory? This reminded me SO MUCH of how Phantom ended! There was a fire and we assume he may have died! Clyde was a master mind like the Phantom! He could have escaped and that look on Jamie's face at the end could have been more of doubt then a sadness of the whole thing.

There was one minor inconsistency, but you really have to be paying attention and have some knowledge of the law to catch it... They seem to insinuate that Bill Reynolds was both the attorney for Darby and Ames. While they don't specifically say he was Ames's attorney, he goes to the execution saying that he feels like someone should be there for Ames.

What I got from this scene was that this attorney felt some guilt about helping to convict this guy who basically stood back and watched Darby do all the bad stuff. I just saw him as a little worm. I think the scene was put in to solidify the fact that he was a sleeze and would deserve to die. Just was my take on it but you could be right, Steph.

I did think that killing the innocent girl was a bit twisted and very "Hannibal Lectorish" but I feel that Nick should have shown more emotion to her death. Sometimes there just isn't enough time. I believe Clyde was trying to make his point by killing people closest to Nick without actually getting to his own family. I don't think he would have ever killed his family. His aim was at the bad guys and the legal system.

The whole point of this was how this man had snapped and slowly and meticulously plotted his actions. The tunnel thing was genius! It wasn't about revenge but more to make a point, albeit done in a very negative way, but I guess that was a reflection of his training and mindset.

All in all, I thought it was a great film and I will see it again. People were jumping out of their chairs in the theater, especially when the judge "blew up" (I closed my eyes so I only heard). Gerry was fantastic, as usual. Jamie was wonderful and I do believe he played to Gerry's character perfectly without trying to steal the scenes away from Clyde's character. Evil Twins, et al did an excellent job! Now, on to the next one!

GREAT JOB, GERRY!

Delene

P.S. I also have to say here. I don't think it serves any purpose to reiterate or mention any of the negative comments that will no doubt float around out there and I won't be doing it here. I feel that when you do that, it just perpetuates it somewhat. Big deal. All movies and actors get them and people are entitled to their opinions. You can't please everyone. Personal attacks on anyone is childish anyway and people that do that are weak and insecure. Don't feed in to it by acknowledging it. Focus on the positive and move on!

Love and hugs to you all!

I didn't go last night - too tired and I slept 13 hours. LOL

I'm going at noon and taking my son and his girlfriend. I am also hoping to go again tonight to see audience reaction. I want to sit by myself and pay attention to what they say, etc.

I'm hoping that word of mouth will give it a huge box office draw tonight - Saturday night, a good night for couples to see a really great film.