Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Knight Phantom

How Did You Find Gerry?

How Did You Find Gerry  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which movie made you search out Gerry?

• Mrs Brown
    • Attila
    • Dracula 2000
    • TR2 Cradle of Life
    • Timeline
    • Reign of Fire
    • Phantom of the Opera
    • PS I Love You
    • Nim's Island
    • RocknRolla
    • The Ugly Truth
    • None of these (tell us below)

I read yesterday in one of the LAC articles, where they said that a majority of Gerry's fans came from 300. This got me thinking...so, I thought I would ask me GALS.

How did you find Gerry?

We all know how I came to Gerry, but the funny thing is; I had seen him in D2K, TR2, and Timeline in theatres!! It wasn't until I heard him sing and saw his portrayal of Erik that I had to know who this man was!

Edited by Knight Phantom

It was D2K and my sister made me go see it with her because she was inlove with the one black dude at the time(Not Foreman from House) Was only impressed with Judas and went home wondering who the heck he was LOL The rest is history!

The first movie I saw with Gerry in was PSILY. I didn't really connect who it was. Then I saw trailers for TUT and thought 'hey thats the guy from PSILY'. I had to find out more!!

Well it was 300 for me that made me get addicted to Gerry and that was more to do with finding all these lovely Leno and Ferguson interviews and realising this guy was more than just a pretty face and good actor. I knew of him being from Scotland and all but since he never really did many tv interviews over here all he was to me was a prettyboy actor. I realised I had various films of his like Timeline, POTO and TR2 but hadn't really noticed him too much. The rest as they say is history. :pant::drool1::wuv:

Once you are drawn in there is no escape. You either "get" Gerry or you don't but once you do you are ruined :funnyup:

Moira

As I told people so many times it was after rewatching Phantom in 2007 and becoming so affected by it that I sought out the man behind the character. I actually saw Mrs. Brown on STARZ, but closed my eyes during the skinny dipping. I loved the movie Mrs. Brown, but was not affected enough with the character to seek out Gerry.

Now folks must remember I am an agoraphobic, I do not go to movies, I didn't start renting movies until after becoming a Gerry Butler fan. I have very limited cable aprox 20 channels to be able to afford my DSL so I was not at the advantage other people are in coming around to Gerry.

Love,

Tracy

:hug:

It was PSILY one late night on pay for view. I saw him and thought who in the world is that! Watched it two more times in two days and decided it would cheaper to buy it. When I did the search on Amazon, it brought up his other movies and I started buying and searching for other info. I have never done anything like that in 69 years! I don't know what he has that others don't. I just know I'm a devoted fan. He feels like a family member to me. Much to the dismay of the rest of my family. :) I think that he is an excellent actor. He makes people fall in love or root for the character he's playing. I think that's the reason so many times they don't know his name but they never forget the character that he plays. For instance, you watch Charleton Heston play Moses and you say to yourself, he's doing a great job playing Moses. If Gerry plays King Leonidas, you become very involved with the character and feel sadness when he dies. He is handsome, talented, charming and anything else he wants to try. I like all, of you, wish him well and success with anything that he wishes to try.

Oops, got to go and see Law Abiding Citizen.

Edited by patsueb

I'm a lot like you Moira. I saw 300 & PSILY around the same time. I'm not really the type to pay much attention to actors, other than watching them on film. But that Gerry Kennedy........you know the opening sequence had so much charm in it (I wish we had more hot, nasty sex........or the other kind's fine) It just caught my attention enough to make me see what else Gerry had been in. Well, of course, I had already seen him in several movies including POTO, 300, Reign of Fire, Timeline. I would have neve guessed it was the same person, because he's such the chameleon.

Well, now I was intrigued, so I looked a little further. There is no doubt the interviews are what really sucked me in. I could listen to them all day long. He hasn't had an easy life. He's struggled, but look how far he's come.

Now that he had me, of course I had to check out what I had missed: Dear Frankie, The Jury, Shattered, Beowulf & Grendel, Attila etc. and I love what we've been seeing lately w/ RockNRolla & The Ugly Truth. Now we've got LAC. What an actor........what a man.

I'm just so proud of him and while he is that manly man, when I see him being Gerry and enjoying his time w/ LAC, I just think "That's our boy!".

I came from "Phantom of the Opera" as it was shown on our TV in January 2009. Later I found out that I had actually noticed him favourably already in "The Jury".

I had seen Gerry first in Tomb Raider and then in Reign of Fire and thought him quite cute and kind of "who is this guy?" But I was never one to go gaga over an actor. Then the third time was a charm. I was hit like a ton of bricks when I saw him in Phantom in August of 2008! My life changed, from that point, as I knew it and I left all thoughts of the life I knew before! Is that like some kinda synchronicity? ;)

Delene

I discovered Gerry in Dear Frankie, which is a beautiful movie. I it on the Reelz Channel. The moment he walked into the shop, you only see his legs. Then you see his face. My first thought was "Oh my. He's gorgeous." As I continued to watch the movie, I realized what a great actor he really is. He brings so much heart and soul into his roles. I have been a fan ever since.

Well it was Attila for me and like some of you I never ever looked up info for any other actor ...first because I was not much of a movie goer and second just never came across anyone like him that had that same impact on me...It was the eyes! Even though I knew he had makeup on it did not conceal the most amazing eyes I have ever seen...I mean I think I was mesmerized from then on and now we call it Butlerized!! :wuv:

:wave: Frannie

The first time I saw beautiful gerry was in 300. After that I was hooked. I saw PSILY and cried like a baby. It was like he was my husband and he died. Then I saw the ugly truth and I am dying to see LAS. I watch every talk show he is on. 300 is what made me get GALS

I can't decide what the first movie I saw Gerry in was... I rented Timeline right after it came out on DVD, because it was my all-time favorite book. I was disappointed with the movie (through no fault of Gerry's of course), and don't really remember taking much note of the actor playing Marek. I also watched TR2 on pay-per-view when it was recently released. Now that one, I definitely remember that Gerry made the movie for me! I was so hot for the sexy Scottish rogue agent that I remember being so let down by the way the scene on the boat concludes. :) I also saw Reign of Fire 6 months or so after it came out on DVD, but I hardly took notice of Gerry at all in that. Anyway, I know those three were released around the same time, so I can't say for sure which I saw first... but I think it was Timeline.

I fell in love with Gerry in P.S. I Love You. I was at Best Buy with a guy friend of mine, and PSILY was on sale. He was about to buy it, but then decided that he couldn't afford it. But he was very complimentary of it, and I realized that I had seen the preview and wanted to see it, but never got around to it... So I bought it and we watched it together that night. I couldn't stop smiling, laughing, and crying! I thought it was the best movie I'd seen in years, and who would not fall in love with Gerry Kennedy? I admitted to my guy friend that I thought Gerry would become my new Hollywood crush, and he admitted that he was his man-crush. :)

Finding the interviews and talkshow appearances with Gerry were really what pushed him out of "Hollywood crush" and into "all-consuming obsession." :D I just fell in love with his silly yet deep personality, his enchanting Scottish brogue, and his intoxicating giggle. I've never looked back.

Steph

I know I saw Mrs Brown before I saw POTO but don't remember being drawn to Gerry. I know exactly when he drew me in in POTO however!!! Went to see POTO because I adored the stage version and saw it several times(almost everyone I love got to go see it with me for "their" birthday!) When the Phantom was leading Christine down the passageway I was hooked. I know I caught my breath and said to my husband "I WILL buy this when it comes out on DVD." Turns out I bought several and gave those as gifts too!!

PS Like many of you, I had never looked up any actor or sought out websites about them till I saw him in POTO.

Edited by annabanana

For me it was Phantom of the Opera on the big screen in December, 2004. I saw the trailer on television and wanted to see the movie because I loved the music from Phantom, but had never seen the play. My daughter says I sat there in the theater drooling in my popcorn! He had me from "Brava, brava, bravissima!" :wuv: I went home and got on the internet to find out who Gerard Butler was and what other movies he had been in. I went out and rented and later bought as many of them as I could get my hands on. I found my way to GBnet, lurked for a year, and finally joined their forum in January, 06. I joined GALS in June, 06. My office in my house now has a complete Gerry shrine on two walls.

Although the first time I "noticed" Gerry was ROF and then again in POTO, it was 300 that was the end of life as I knew it.

:hearts:

PS I Love You was the first time I ever saw GB. That's all it took! I had to know more about him and now have a DVD collection etc. I don't know exactly what this young man has but I do know I want good things for him and for him to be recognized for his talents which are varied. I think he is a very special person.

POTO did it for me. I had seen him in other movies (even 300) but never made the connection.

For sure I found Gerry or should I say he found me with Phantom of The Opera. Maybe because his voice hit me right in the heart as I to am a singer. Still sing with his movie and CD of FOTO at home. Then to it may have been the look in his eyes when he led Christine on the horse down into the phantom lair below the opera house. I thought who is this man? Never left his side from that moment on.